Munchlax (LC analysis)

Took this over from SDS, just removed Misdreavus, tweaked a couple things, but it's pretty much all his writing, I just thought Munchlax should be on-site as soon as possible.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/munchlax

-------------------------------------------
[Overview]

<p>Munchlax is one of the most useful Pokemon in Little Cup and thanks to its mammoth HP as well as its great Attack and Special Defense stats, it can simultaneously take a offensive and defensive role on most teams. A cornerstone of special walling, Munchlax is most teams' answer to vicious special attackers, such as Gastly, Chinchou, Mantyke, and Abra, and its very presence prevents special threats from running rampant in the metagame. At the same time, though, it is let down by mediocre physical defense and the lowest Speed in the entire metagame. However, its usefulness is undeniable, and it's easy to see why, despite its shortcomings, Munchlax is still one of the defining Pokemon in the Little Cup metagame.</p>

[SET]
name: Special Tank
move 1: Return / Body Slam
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Pursuit
move 4: Fire Punch / Ice Punch / Protect
item: Oran Berry
ability: Thick Fat
nature: Adamant / Sassy
evs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Munchlax's high Special Defense lets it wall special opponents handily, threatening opponents such as Gastly and Drifloon with Pursuit. Return provides basic STAB, and is Munchlax's strongest attack. Body Slam is only slightly weaker, but it can paralyze threatening opponents that switch in, such as Aron and Gligar. Earthquake hits Rock- and Steel-types that resist Munchlax's STAB Return. Pursuit hits Ghost- and Psychic-types hard, which is one of the biggest reasons to use Munchlax in Little Cup. The fourth moveslot choice is up to your preference; Fire Punch can be used to hit Bronzor, while Ice Punch can be used to hit Gligar if it causes trouble for your team.</p>

<p>If your team needs to stop special attackers even more, Munchlax can take EVs from Attack and move them into HP while running a Sassy nature. This gives Munchlax slightly better survivability against special as well as physical attackers, but you miss out on precious power. </p>

[Additional Comments]

<p>Any Ghost-type works well with Munchlax, as Ghosts are immune to the Fighting-type attacks that hit Munchlax for super effective damage. Gligar also makes a good teammate, as it has high Defense and a resistance to Fighting-type moves, while, thanks to Thick Fat Munchlax switches in with ease on the Ice-type moves that Gligar is weak to</p>

<p>Munchlax is one of the few special walls in Little Cup, and as such, it should focus on its Special Defense first, and then either its Attack or HP. All sets will have at least 36 EVs left over, which can be placed in Defense to net an extra point. When using Leftovers, it is important to remember that at least 156 EVs must be placed into HP in order to reach 32 HP, which allows recovery of 2 HP per turn while holding Leftovers.</p>

[Team Options]

<p>Munchlax is the kind of Pokemon who can fit into nearly any team, but it still needs support to reach its full potential. Munchlax has two main problems: its weakness to Fighting-type attacks and its middling Defense, both of which allow Pokemon, such as Machop, Mankey, and Croagunk to break this wall wide open. In light of this, Gligar makes a great partner because it takes Fighting-type attacks very well and Munchlax can take Ice-type attacks that plague Gligar. Munchlax also makes a great partner to Fighting-types such as Mankey and Machop as Munchlax can Pursuit Ghost-types that are immune to Fighting-type attacks. It is important to have a Pokemon who resists Fighting-type moves on any team that includes Munchlax. Ghost-types are the most reliable, as they are immune to Fighting, rendering them unharmed by attacks such as Machop's DynamicPunch. Gligar is also effective, as it boasts very high Defense stat with which to take not only Fighting-type attacks, but also neutral attacks aimed at Munchlax. Slowpoke is also an effective teammate, as it is resistant to Fighting, has a solid Defense stat, and cannot be confused by DynamicPunch. Finally, Wynaut can be used to trap and eliminate Fighting-types through its ability, Shadow Tag, and the move Counter.</p>

<p>Finally, Munchlax's bar none lowest Speed in the metagame combined with excellent Attack and a solid movepool makes it an excellent candidate for use in Trick Room. Three Pokemon are particularly well suited for setting up Trick Room for Munchlax. First, there's Bronzor, whose solid 57/86 Defense makes it easy to switch in on physical attacks aimed at Munchlax. On top of that, Munchlax can easily switch in on Bronzor's only weakness, Fire. Exeggcute works well for the same reasons as Bronzor. 60/80 physical defenses and a resistance to Fighting make it easy to switch Exeggcute in on Pokemon that threaten Munchlax. Meanwhile, Munchlax can use its ability, Thick Fat, to switch into the Fire- and Ice-type attacks that threaten Exeggcute. Finally, there's Duskull, whose Ghost typing, 20/90 physical defense, and access to Will-O-Wisp make it a solid switch for Munchlax. In return, Munchlax can switch in for free on Ghost-type attacks aimed at Duskull.</p>

[Optional Changes]

<p>Thanks to its mammoth HP stat and general bulk, Munchlax is a good candidate to use Leftovers. Using at least 156 HP EVs will mean that Munchlax will heal 2 HP per turn from Leftovers. With Protect, this becomes even more potent, being able to recover health while scouting at the same time.</p>

<p>Munchlax has a sizeable movepool filled with things to catch counters off-guard. Seed Bomb can be used to hit for good neutral damage all around and hit Rock-types super effectively without the risk of Ground-immune Pokemon switching in for free on Earthquake. Surf can be used to hit the lower Special Defense of the Rock-/Ground- or Rock-/Steel- types, but loses against Rock-/Water-types. Substitute and Focus Punch can be used together, as Munchlax tends to force switches, which allow it to set up its huge 8 HP Substitutes. However, Pursuit is often significantly more effective for punishing opposing switches. Finally, Curse can be utilized to boost Munchlax's above average Attack and low Defense stats, but free turns are rare in Little Cup, and Munchlax is still fairly vulnerable to Fighting-types, even after the boost. Chople Berry can be used to surprise an opposing Fighting-type, but Munchlax loses significant bulk without Oran Berry's 10 HP boost, which leaves it open to some special threats. Munchlax is also a great Pokemon to use with Trick Room support. If used in Trick Room, Munchlax can make even better use of Life Orb to provide a power boost at the expense of bulk.</p>

[Counters]

<p>It is incredibly difficult to actually counter Munchlax because of the excellent power of its STAB Return. Ghost-types with Levitate are generally the most effective counters, but Pursuit, Seed Bomb, and Fire Punch are all threatening. Really, the only thing you can do is predict and pray. Don't switch Bronzor into Fire Punch, don't switch Ghost-types into things not named Return / Earthquake, and don't switch Rock-types into Seed Bomb or Earthquake. If you manage to do that you should be fine.</p>

<p>Revenge killing is slightly easier. Munchlax is dreadfully slow, and its physical defense is its only real weak point, so when you get the chance, hit it hard with the strongest physical attack that you have. Fighting-types, such as Mankey and Machop can easily demolish Munchlax. Really, just wear it down with repeated attacks. It is hard to keep it in on things that hit with any semblance of physical power.</p>

The choicelax set should be in AC as I don't even think it's ever used. Also, Munchlax should generally use a 236 Atk/36 Def/236 SpD Adamant spread since it has a ridiculous 30 or so HP with no investment, to capitalize on the fact Munchlax takes hits and hits back hard.

Ice Punch is also a candidate for AC imo since return with max attack 2hkoes even Gligar anyways and Fire Punch keeps Bronzor from walling Munchlax 100%

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I agree with Kannon about choicelax.

However I feel that the order of slashes on the set should be fire punch/ice punch/protect. While Fire Punch is useful, Bronzor is just gonna reflect in your face and set up whatever it wants before doing quite some damage back and leaving you set-up bait for whatever. You should just switch out of Bronzor to something like Wynaut. I use Ice Punch on lax, and I can't tell you how useful it is. Gligar 2hkoes you with an unboosted EQ, so even at full health they will still be left with ~60% after Oran and kill you. I've gotten many kills with Ice Punch, and when Gligar is the number one mon in the metagame Ice Punch is quite useful.

Took this over from SDS, just removed Misdreavus, tweaked a couple things, but that's it.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/munchlax

[SET]
name: Special Tank
move 1: Return / Body Slam
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Pursuit
move 4: Protect / Fire Punch / Ice Punch
item: Oran Berry / Leftovers
ability: Thick Fat
nature: Sassy / Adamant
evs: 236 HP / 36 Def / 236 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Munchlax's high Special Defense lets it wall special opponents handily, threatening opponents like Gastly and Misdreavus with Pursuit. Return provides basic STAB, and is Munchlax's strongest attack. Body Slam is only slightly weaker, but it can paralyze threatening opponents that switch in, such as Aron and Gligar. Earthquake hits Rock- and Steel-types that resist Munchlax's STAB Return. Pursuit hits Ghost- and Psychic-types hard, which is one of the biggest reasons to use Munchlax in Little Cup. Item choice and fourth moveslot choice are up to preference. Item-wise, Oran Berry is the most effective, adding an effective +10 to its HP. Leftovers are usually inferior in Little Cup, but Munchlax's high HP stat lets it get 2 HP recovery per turn. Combine Leftovers with Protect for some pseudo-stalling and scouting. Fire Punch can be used to hit Bronzor, while Ice Punch can be used to hit Gligar if it causes trouble for your team.</p>

<p>If your team needs more power, this Munchlax can be run with Attack EVs and/or an Adamant nature. Just remember that if you run Leftovers, 156 EVs are absolutely required for the 32 HP needed to reach 2 HP per turn recovery. Also, the less HP you run, the higher the chance of an untimely 2HKO from Misdreavus or Gastly's Hidden Power Fighting.</p>
That is all.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I've had fun with LOLax (much better than choicelax at the very least), the extra damage output makes it much harder for bulky Pokemon to switch in on a resisted hit and 2HKO as you fail to KO them. Could well have two main sets, offensive and defensive, with LO as an option on offensive and a few carefully chosen calcs demonstrating the advantages and disadvantages of each set.

Selfdestruct warrants some mention, yes Pursuit is illegal with it but you can deter ghosts with a Punch which does almost as much damage since players very rarely switch ghosts out of Munchlax. And blowing something up is always fun.

Unconvinced by Body Slam getting a slash on the set. You may get the odd handy parahax, but you don't get a chance to just sit there and pound away with your STAB moves hoping for para in LC and the power drop is pretty major. OC material at best imo.

Without attack EVs and a LO Fire Punch is not going to stop Bronzor switching in, screening up, and doing whatever it likes. Uninvested Fire Punch is a 3-4KO through Oran, and even max Atk Adamant can't get a shot at a 2HKO unless you avoid oran activation by rolling low then high damage (LO with Adamant/max attack does 64% - 80%, which should 2HKO most of the time). For this reason, I'm not sure about FP getting a slash.. When the only Pokemon you're running a move for does not mind it much, and you have the awesome Protect/IP fighting for the moveslot, it seems like a waste.

Comments are going to need a lot of updating and fixing, but that's not really a QC issue.

Will stamp once we've discussed the sets a bit more, we need to get 'lax up.

So I removed Choicelax (it really isn't every used) and changed the order of the slashes on the last set, I like Ice Punch lax myself and think it's more useful than Protect.

I've had fun with LOLax (much better than choicelax at the very least), the extra damage output makes it much harder for bulky Pokemon to switch in on a resisted hit and 2HKO as you fail to KO them. Could well have two main sets, offensive and defensive, with LO as an option on offensive and a few carefully chosen calcs demonstrating the advantages and disadvantages of each set.
I actually really like the idea of splitting it into two sets just because lax has so many options that it needs two sets to cover it, not to mention they achieve slightly different purposes.

Selfdestruct warrants some mention, yes Pursuit is illegal with it but you can deter ghosts with a Punch which does almost as much damage since players very rarely switch ghosts out of Munchlax. And blowing something up is always fun.
Yeah, definitely deserves a mention, perhaps a slash an offensive set and if not than at least OC.

Unconvinced by Body Slam getting a slash on the set. You may get the odd handy parahax, but you don't get a chance to just sit there and pound away with your STAB moves hoping for para in LC and the power drop is pretty major. OC material at best imo.
I have to disagree here, I think that the 30% chance to totally cripple one of the opponent's Pokemon is often times pretty fair compensation considering you're only losing 22 BP. Body Slam also is better on a defensive Munchlax, another reason to split the sets.

Without attack EVs and a LO Fire Punch is not going to stop Bronzor switching in, screening up, and doing whatever it likes. Uninvested Fire Punch is a 3-4KO through Oran, and even max Atk Adamant can't get a shot at a 2HKO unless you avoid oran activation by rolling low then high damage (LO with Adamant/max attack does 64% - 80%, which should 2HKO most of the time). For this reason, I'm not sure about FP getting a slash.. When the only Pokemon you're running a move for does not mind it much, and you have the awesome Protect/IP fighting for the moveslot, it seems like a waste.
Bronzor runs Reflect 26% of the time and Rain Dance and Light Screen 18.9% of the time. Basically, Bronzor is rarely used as a set up Pokemon, and instead is used as a glue and SR setter for teams. Given how much of the metagame Bronzor shuts down (things like Gligar and DD Dratini) I really think it's big to be able to take it down, taking away the other team's answer to common threats, especially considering Bronzor won't be outdamaging Munchlax any time soon.

So I am definitely in favor of making a defensive an offensive set, but I'll wait and see what other people think.

eric the espeon

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
hm.. thinking more I'd be happy enough for Fire Punch to get a slash, but not the first. Ice Punch stops the ever common Gligar from coming in, taking a couple of returns (52.2% - 65.2% with max Atk, 43.5% - 56.5% with no investment, with Oran it's perfectly happy with that. Ice Punch always OHKOes from max attack, unless Gligar invests in Defence, and even then it dies if it switched into Return.) and setting up/beating you down with EQ. Yes Bronzor is an annoying wall which certain teams would love to have rid of, but it is far less threatening than Gligar and easier to switch into. Protect is the ultimate scouting move and helps with Munchlax's fighting weakness by checking if that choice machop/mankey is going to kill your ghost or not. Fire Punch helps a bit against a fairly common and not hugely threatening Pokemon (it does not wall you forever any more, but it can still set up SR and switch out once it sees FP), but leaves you very vulnerable to several much more dangerous Pokemon.

Fire punch does ~40% to Bronzor, and half that under reflect. You should also mention Carvanha as a Counter, being able to easily revenge it.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
You really need max Atk as the main spread - Munchlax isn't a wall, it's a tank that can hit like a truck while still taking hits and checking a lot of stuff. Fire Punch / Ice Punch slash is fine, because regular SR + 3 Attacks Bronzor is becoming increasingly common and it's nice to be able to weaken it as it's relied on to check a lot of stuff.

I don't really like the idea of LO because you still lose to similar stuff and, while you deter semi-bulky switch-ins, without Oran you lose the ability to hold in check all the stuff Munchlax shuts down (basically every special attacker).

You really need max Atk as the main spread - Munchlax isn't a wall, it's a tank that can hit like a truck while still taking hits and checking a lot of stuff. Fire Punch / Ice Punch slash is fine, because regular SR + 3 Attacks Bronzor is becoming increasingly common and it's nice to be able to weaken it as it's relied on to check a lot of stuff.

I don't really like the idea of LO because you still lose to similar stuff and, while you deter semi-bulky switch-ins, without Oran you lose the ability to hold in check all the stuff Munchlax shuts down (basically every special attacker).
You're contradicting yourself a little bit here saying that Max atk adamant needs to be the main option for hitting hard, but you don't like the idea of LO even though that hits even harder.

Also, after considering it a bit more I don't think splitting it into two sets is worth it. Both really have the same function, and while there are a few differences, I don't think they are worthy of another set.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
My point was that Munchlax needs to hit hard, but the LO boost is often overkill (max attack Adamant Lax gets a lot of KOs with SR on semi-frail pokes) and the loss of Oran recovery (much more important than not having max/max SpD) is huge. Max Attack Adamant really needs to be the main spread.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
The EVs section needs to be moved into OC, and Opinion needs to be replaced by an Overview at the start of the analysis.

Strategic nitpicks:
  • Pursuit in the isn't included to damage Ghost-types, per se, but rather to trap them - this isn't really reflected in your set comments.
  • You mention Croagunk as a threat to Lax, but Lax actually isn't 2HKOd through Oran by anything from standard Mixed Gunk.
  • With ChoiceLax removed, it looks weird that you have such a big paragraph dedicated to it in team options. There are a few other mentions of 'the Choice Band set' elsewhere in the analysis - those sections need to be reworded.
  • Generally, you could be a little bit more specific about what stuff is hitting. Don't just mention 'Ghost-types' as partners - talk about how Gastly can set up Substitutes on Choiced DynamicPunches and Close Combats, or how Duskull can also cover most of the other threats that Muchlax can't (such as Gligar).
  • Duskull is the best Munchlax counter as it can burn it (after which it takes lol damage from Pursuit) and abuse Pain Split to wear it down.

eric the espeon

LO may not be needed for the frail Pokemon, but in order to OHKO those with some bulk (or those you can't hit with your stronger moves) LO helps a lot. It does not serve the "I can switch into almost any special attacker and outlast it" role, but it is ale to KO them before they hit you as much which somewhat compensates for the loss of Oran.

Some calcs:

Non-Switching Pusuit Vs 36 HP Gastly
LO 252 Adamant Munchlax: 80% - 100% (good chance to OHKO after SR, small chance without)
252 Adamant Munchlax: 60% - 80% (no OHKO, may fail to 2HKO with Oran)
0 Atk Neutral Munchlax: 50% - 70%

Relevant because of Hypnomiss and Sludge Bomb doing a fair amount of damage. Also, many running Explosion will scout Protect the first turn expecting you not to OHKO with non switch Pursuit.

Return Vs 36 Def Munchlax
LO 252 Adamant Munchlax: 83.3% - 100% (good chance to OHKO after SR)
252 Adamant Munchlax: 63.3% - 80% (no OHKO, low damage both times means no 2HKO through Oran)
0 Atk Neutral Munchlax: 53.3% - 63.3% (3HKO through Oran, 2HKO otherwise)

yaay lets OHKO foe Munchlax.

Return Vs 0/0 Gligar
LO 252 Adamant Munchlax: 69.6% - 91.3% (possible OHKO with SR, OHKO with minimal prior damage. 2HKO through Oran unless min damage both times.)
252 Adamant Munchlax: 56.5% - 69.6% (2HKO, never 2HKOs through Oran without SR. Sometimes not with it.)
0 Atk Neutral Munchlax: 43.5% - 56.5% (chance of 2HKO with or without Oran, but not a reliable one.)

Fairly helpful here, though lack of Oran makes it harder to soak up EQ.

Return Vs 36 HP/36 Def Machop
LO 252 Adamant Munchlax: 91.7% - 112.5% (decent chance of OHKO without SR, very good chance with it.)
252 Adamant Munchlax: 66.7% - 87.5% (2HKO, OHKO with some prior damage.)
0 Atk Neutral Munchlax: 62.5% - 75% (2HKO, OHKO with some prior damage.)

Great for catching it on the switch. Machop is a fairly decent last resort switch to Munchy otherwise.

Fire Punch Vs 220/148 Bronzor (Oran heals 40%)
LO 252 Adamant Munchlax: 64% - 80%
252 Adamant Munchlax: 48% - 64%
0 Atk Neutral Munchlax: 40% - 56%

The best use of Fire Punch is 2HKOing Bronzor through Oran much of the time. Even if it switches on Return, as you'll see from the next calc.

Return Vs 220/148 Bronzor (Oran heals 40%)
LO 252 Adamant Munchlax: 32% - 36%
252 Adamant Munchlax: 24% - 28%
0 Atk Neutral Munchlax: 16% - 24%

Return Vs 28 HP Dratini
LO 252 Adamant Munchlax: 119% - 142.9% (OHKO)
252 Adamant Munchlax: 90.5% - 114.3% (OHKO with SR, decent chance without SR)
0 Atk Neutral Munchlax: 76.2% - 90.5% (low chance of OHKO with SR)

Without SR giving DDtini a turn to set up can be pretty fatal, even if it risks a OHKO anyway.

Return Vs 0/0 Staryu
LO 252 Adamant Munchlax: 115.8% - 142.1% (OHKO)
252 Adamant Munchlax: 84.2% - 110.5% (good chance of OHKO with SR, some without)
0 Atk Neutral Munchlax: 78.9% - 94.7% (fairly low chance of OHKO with SR)

Another guaranteed OHKO.

and so on. Other than Croa/Elekid/Houndour which Munchlax will straight out OHKO with EQ, that's all of the top 10 from PO usage stats. On almost all of then the extra damage gives you a much better chance at KOing sooner. I don't think offensivelax should be the main set because you can't switch into as much, which for many players is the main appeal of Munchlax, but it is plays differently and is effective in a number of situations where standard Oran Lax is not.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Even 0 / 236 LO Munchlax - the most specially bulky - takes 43.3% - 53.3% from Gastly's Life Orb Sludge Bomb, which is a likely 2HKO with Rocks - if it Subs or Bombs on the switch-in, it can just 2HKO you and not take any damage at all. Oran Lax is pretty sure of its OHKO after Rocks and two rounds of LO.

What those calcs really show is that 236 Adamant is absolutely necessary.

I'm definitely gonna be testing Ice Punch. One of my problems with it is that Gligar is unlikely to switch straight into you, and you're not switching into it - most of the time you come up against it it will be trying to revenge-kill, but the opponent will probably have a better Munchlax revenge-killer or Lax will be in EQ range.

eric the espeon

As I said, you can't switch into as much with LO but you do get far more KOs. The example you chose with Gastly assumes that you don't switch in on Shadow Ball or a weaker special attack (most players seem to use Shadow Ball as the standard attack), and that Gastly runs LO (only ~1/4 of them do). Switching into a non Sludge Bomb attack puts you in a very nice position if you have LO, and if it lacks LO it does much less damage directly, it's main threat is sleeping you or blowing up (and as I said, they should scout for protect against standard munch).

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
Aside from formatting issues, like lack of Overview, you mention Seed Bomb in the counters section, but it isn't mentioned anywhere else in the analysis. Give Seed Bomb a small mention in Additional Comments. Add Seed Bomb and I'll approve it to be moved to the workshop.

edit:

approving the Special Tank set

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
The EVs section needs to be moved into OC, and Opinion needs to be replaced by an Overview at the start of the analysis.

Strategic nitpicks:
  • Pursuit in the isn't included to damage Ghost-types, per se, but rather to trap them - this isn't really reflected in your set comments.
  • You mention Croagunk as a threat to Lax, but Lax actually isn't 2HKOd through Oran by anything from standard Mixed Gunk.
  • With ChoiceLax removed, it looks weird that you have such a big paragraph dedicated to it in team options. There are a few other mentions of 'the Choice Band set' elsewhere in the analysis - those sections need to be reworded.
  • Generally, you could be a little bit more specific about what stuff is hitting. Don't just mention 'Ghost-types' as partners - talk about how Gastly can set up Substitutes on Choiced DynamicPunches and Close Combats, or how Duskull can also cover most of the other threats that Muchlax can't (such as Gligar).
  • Duskull is the best Munchlax counter as it can burn it (after which it takes lol damage from Pursuit) and abuse Pain Split to wear it down.
This might need addressing at some point.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Personally, I prefer Ice Punch>Fire Punch as well, but I don't think it matters that much. I'd also add a bulkier spread to OC, because while it is usable, I think that hitting harder is also better most of the time. That 85 attack is really nice and passing up on that can be a damn shame.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Zen headbutt should at least get an OO mention, if not a slash (probably not a slash...) for the ability to ohko Gastly who don't switch. I'm currently using Return/Fire Punch/Pursuit/ZHB Lax with a scarf mankey, and eq isn't missed a whole lot. Chinchou is beaten by return and can't 3hko through Oran. Croagunk is hit by zhb (not that you'd stay in on gunk anyways) and Aron A. Frequently has magnet rise and B. Is beaten by Mankey anyways.

This needs to conform to our current analysis style before it can be GP checked. That means that there is no longer an EV section (the details of which are merged into the set Additional Comments sections) and Opinion should be Overview, among other things. Please refer to recently uploaded, on-site analyses for reference.

Munclax, my favorite fat-blob of a pokemon. I officially love you for making this analysis. *insert an "Adam Lambert Approved" button here*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)