-Modest for more better defenses if wanted
-Earthquake or Extremespeed in final slot if wanted

Teammates and Counters:
-Magnezone and a Rapid Spinner such as Starmie
-Opens up the opponent's defensive core for a late game sweeper
-Scizor, Flygon, Jirachi can revenge kill it

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
If White Herb could be used more than once, this would be cool, but it can't, so yeah. Besides, I think just sticking a LO onto Dragonite makes his damage output about the same over the course of two turns (and definitely more if you switch attacking spectrums), so I just don't see how this is usable. I would seriously much rather run LO over White Herb and Roost over Flamethrower, but then you get a pretty standard MixNite.

I'm not QC or anything, but that's my 2 cents.

I have to agree, with kokoloko, White Herb isn't a very good item. It is only useful once, and it is a bit gimmicky. I would also slash in Fireblast with flamethrower as the added power is always welcome. As for EVs changes, Im not sure it needs so much speed. I would put it in Attack, so Superpower would be more powerful. Overall, I think a more reliable item would be better even though that's the distuishing feature of the set though.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Could you provide damage calcs comparing two White Herb Draco Meteors consecutively to both Specs and Life Orb DMs consecutively?

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Specs Draco Meteor used twice has effectively 210 and 105 Base Power respectively, or ~315 over 2 turns. Life Orb is slightly less, but allows for move switching and powers up its other moves. This set... 280 Base Power over 2 turns. Also, if you catch one thing... they're gonna SEE the White Herb activate, and the likelihood that the second Draco Meteor is going to see use against anything relevant is approx. zilch.

This gets a no from me.

wouldn't it be 420 Base Power over 2 turns? Not that it matters anyway since they see White Herb activate. Just isn't worth it.

Rough approximation of 2 Consecutive Draco Meteors with
Life Orb: 409 BP
Specs: 472
White Herb: 420 BP

The problem with White Herb: you can't use Superpower right away because Draco Meteor is the thing you want to use twice. Your Superpower also doesn't pack the punch without Life Orb bonus.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I agree with my colleague Seven Deadly Sins. Life Orb is a major and better opportunity for Dragonite to cause damage to his opponent by potentiating each one of his moves instead of just negating the stat decrease that DM or Superpower can cause. Rejecting.

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
White Herb has the advantage of being usable for Draco Meteor or Superpower. By utilizing it, you can get 3 consistently hard hits in rather than 2. I like it.

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hmm, the only place I can see this potentially (maybe) being better than Life Orb is on a hyperoffensive team where you can't afford to let stuff set up, so it isn't really consistent or viable enough to warrant an analysis in my opinion, sorry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)