Metagross (Life Orb)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't seen a Life Orb set for Metagross.
Metagross @ Life Orb
252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 Spe
Bullet Punch /
Meteor Mash
Explosion /
Pursuit
Earthquake
ThunderPunch

Reasons to be on site:
- ThunderPunch hits most steels for neutral damage and also destroys bulky water which wall you otherwise.
- Life Orb allows you to switch attacks and still retains a good boost in damage to Metagross's attacks.
- Bullet Punch is better than Meteor Mash because of the much lower speed.
- Choice Band set has problems with being locked into a move which Life Orb dosen't have.
- Pursuit is a great move over Explosion that can trap many of the Pokemon who might stop a sweep such as Celebi, instead of being beaten by it or having to Explode.
- Loss of power for better coverage is a hard decision, however coverage is generally more important.
- Agility set needs to be set up to have use while as the fourth moveslop stops bulk waters from walling it.

Team Options:
- Swampert needs to be removed before attempting to cripple teams as it can wall it.
- Celebi with Hidden Power (
) wall you

Counters:
- Swampert and Forretress can wall you easily even with the Thunderpunch addition.
- Rotom-A without Scarf can Will-O-Wisp it. Crippling it until status is removed.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm sure we all know what type Metagross and its moves are by now. Can you please put the set in the correct formatting for submitted sets, and leave the frills off?

Also, you're going to have to justify the loss in power and durability vs. the Choice Band set, as well as the merit of the fourth moveslot over the Agility set, which should have Life Orb on it anyway. As is, I'm leaning toward no. The power loss is big, the lack of speed from Agility is big, and Metagross has better things to do.

Don't see the point.

Bulky Water Types and Forretress wall it as easily as they would wall a choice band set.

The durability doesn't even bring this set any benefits since metagross isn't going to whip out any moves to keep pokemon like swampert or milotic from walling it.

I like the format though.

I don't see why people would use this over Agility set.
You gain 1 coverage move, and lose almost all chance at a sweep? Not my piece o' pie.
Also, can't Celebi and Pert both be taken out my a LO Explosion?

yea this doesnt look analysis worthy imo, if LO is confirmed to have some perks over CB though, you can just consider slashing in LO on the CB set and changing the name. still id think id want to use this over CB, metagross's bulk isnt something id want to throw away with LO damage unless running agilgross.

I don't see why people would use this over Agility set.
You gain 1 coverage move, and lose almost all chance at a sweep? Not my piece o' pie.
Also, can't Celebi and Pert both be taken out my a LO Explosion?
This Metagross is used as a revenger orna way to remove special walls which may threaten ones team.If you or anyone would like dmg calcs with choice band and Life Orb I can post.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would like to see the poster list some calculations comparing the difference of power between Choice Band and Life Orb Metagross. I'd also like to underline what Seven Deadly Sins said in his post: explain to us why should one not use Agility in the last moveslot, and instead go for another attack move. IMO, the appeal of running LO instead of CB is that Metagross won't be locked into a move every time it attacks, however, it should be justified the loss of durability and power when making such proposition. In a nutshell, post proper calculations involving CB and LO Metagross, and tell us what are the advantages that the set that's in the OP of this thread has over the Agility and CB ones that are on the site already.

Life Orb ThunderPunch 140.5% - 166.5% to standard BulkyDance Gyarados - Still an OHKO nothing lost here.
Life Orb Fire Punch 82.5% - 98.3% to Forretress - Almost an clean Ohko with Stealth Rock
More coming soon

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Did you miss the part where Metagross doesn't learn Fire Punch?

If you keep just pulling random crap out, this is gonna get locked real quick.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Life Orb ThunderPunch 140.5% - 166.5% to standard BulkyDance Gyarados - Still an OHKO nothing lost here.
Life Orb Fire Punch 82.5% - 98.3% to Forretress - Almost an clean Ohko with Stealth Rock
More coming soon
Can you please read again my post and answer accordingly? And Fire Punch? ...

I'm giving the poster of this thread 48 hours to fulfill with what I demanded. Otherwise, I will have to lock the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)