move 2: Zen Headbutt
move 3: U-Turn / Explosion
move 4: Stealth Rock
item: Choice Scarf / Choice Band
ability: Levitate
nature: Jolly
evs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe

Why this set deserves to be on-site:
- Shuts down some of the top currently used leads while still getting Stealth Rock up
- Can be utilized late game as a revenge killer
- If player opts for U-Turn can scout early and mid game effectively

Additional Comments:
- Alternatively a special set can be used with Psychic over Zen Headbutt and Fire Blast over Explosion / U-Turn
- U-Turn is the preffered option as it allows you to scout the opponents team early on.
- Choice Band Zen Headbutt OHKOs Lead Machamp while Scarf fails to do so.
- Can work as a trick absorber mid game.

Teammates and Counters:
- Teammates: Vaporeon makes a great counter as Azelf will normally lose to Infernape (Fake Out + Fire Blast), Heatran (Unless you explode), and Ninjask (Assuming Vaporeon has Roar).
- Counters: As stated above Ninjask, Infernape, and Heatran are the main commonly used leads you need to worry about.

---
If need be I can post more in the Teammates and Counters section but I feel like this set is fairly obvious and being a lead it won't have much that should be countering it. Also It'd be helpful if others, assuming this set gets approved, could write up an analysis for it since my grammar is a bit off ha.

I was scared when I saw a new analysis from Super Machamp Man, but, this looks okay.
I have some questions, however. This seems like a somewhat worse (?) version of trickscarf Uxie. Less bulk, etc. But I need to test it.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wait a minute, isn't this just the Physical Choice set with Stealth Rock over Ice/Fire Punch and then put into the lead position? Is this actually unique enough to warrant a separate mention in the analysis?

I was scared when I saw a new analysis from Super Machamp Man, but, this looks okay.
I have some questions, however. This seems like a somewhat worse (?) version of trickscarf Uxie. Less bulk, etc. But I need to test it.
I had a feeling that would happen haha. But no it's not the same, at the suspense of less bulk Azelf has more power which allows it to actually do some useful damage

Wait a minute, isn't this just the Physical Choice set with Stealth Rock over Ice/Fire Punch and then put into the lead position? Is this actually unique enough to warrant a separate mention in the analysis?
While similar it plays an almost entirely different role. It is meant to take down common leads as well as get Stealth Rock up something the standard physical set cannot do

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
I think the main point of the set is Tricking stuff, including Aerodactyl - I would suggest that you de-slash Choice Band and leave it in AC. Exploding on Machamp is fine in a pinch, especially as if you lock yourself into ZHB a resist is gonna come in and either Pursuit you or set up on you.

not quite as good as super champ but still good nonetheless.

Ive seen both the CS and CB varients used effectively so i think the CB slash should stay. on CB though, i generally prefer explosion > trick just wanted to point that out

not quite as good as super champ but still good nonetheless.

Ive seen both the CS and CB varients used effectively so i think the CB slash should stay. on CB though, i generally prefer explosion > trick just wanted to point that out
Isn't the whole idea of this trick scarf(/band)?
But, for trick, a lot of leads nowadays (I.E Aero, Machamp, Meta, Etc.) are physical, so trick isn't nearly as useful. I still think it should go in other options.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Since there's already a Physical Choice set on-site, I'd rather see this as just an AC mention saying that you can use this as a lead with Trick and SR.

My only thought is that these sets play 2 completely different roles o.0
Not really, most leads are either going to attack and Ko azelf and you switch them a scarf, or you kill (machamp) or uturn. Really this is only effective against bulky stall leads today.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
trick sr lead on azelf isnt really that good, I have a lot of experience with CB azelf and I hardly ever even trick. AC options is good enough for me

I think that if you lead with CB Azelf, the goal isn't to Trick + SR, because tons of things are going to kill you on the Trick and you're slower than Aerodactyl. The idea should be killing stuff with the added power of CB. U-Turn is a must to defeat Colbur Berry Azelfs, and you should be going boom most of the time on Heatran and Swampert (exercising judgment, of course) to prevent SR. Trick shouldn't ever be more than an oh-shit button, beyond stall matchups, and almost never used early game. SR shouldn't even be on the set, unless you absolutely cannot fit it anywhere else, and it plays differently than the Scarf variant. If it does get an analysis, I think that the differences need to be stressed more than, "CB can kill Machamp."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)