move 1: Substitute
move 2: Agility
move 3: Flamethrower
move 4: Reversal
item: Petaya Berry
nature: Rash
Evs: 196 Atk / 248 SpA / 64 Spe

Why this set deserves to be on-site:
-After Agility and at 1 HP, it's stats become 1/325/176/523/158/424, and Reversal becomes a fierce 300 Base power while Flamethrower becomes a dreaded 213.75 Base Power (factoring STAB and Blaze), destroying many things in its path.
-Incredibly hard to wall after it's set up
-Either OHKOs or 2HKOs almost anything once set up
-Common counters (Slowbro, Milotic, Moltres) have trouble with it too!
-Destroys Sunny Day and Stall teams

Here are a couple damage calculations at 1 HP:
Flamethrower vs 252 Hp / 0 SpD Bold Slowbro: 51.3% - 60.4% (2HKO with SR)
Flamethrower vs 248 Hp / 0 SpD Timid Moltres: 50.4% - 59.5% (OHKO with SR)
Flamethrower vs 252 Hp / 0 SpD Bold Claydol: 89.2% - 105.6% (Very high chance of OHKO with SR)
Reversal vs 248 Hp / 252 Def Bold Milotic: 62.8% - 74.3% (Easy 2HKO)
Reversal vs 152 Hp / 80 Def Modest Milotic: 88.6% - 104.3% (OHKO with SR)
Reversal vs 40 Hp / 76 Def Calm Lanturn: 101.7% - 120% (OHKO regardless)

Reversal vs 252 Hp / 252 Def Bold Blastoise: 58.8% - 69.6% (2HKO no matter what)
Reversal vs 252 Hp / 0 Def Careful Regirock: 87.9% - 104.4% (OHKO with SR)

Additional Comments:
-Baton Pass the Special Attack and Speed boost with just Flamehrower instead of Reversal. If so, use the following EV spread instead: 30 Hp IVs / 4 Def / 252 Spa / 252 Spe
-Fire Blast instead of Flamethrower has even MORE power but less PP and low accuracy is not good at all.
-252 HP / 40 SpA / 216 Spe gives more speed and powers up Reversal more, but weakens Flamethrower

Teammates:
-Stealth Rock is REQUIRED for specific KOs like OHKOing Moltres and Claydol with Flamethrower
-Screens make set up easier and harder to break Sub
-Uxie makes Screens and SR making it an awesome partner.
-Encore users like Alakazam can turn Utility Pokemon into set up bait.
-Spinners/Poison types get rid of Toxic Spikes and other entry hazards.
-Lol, Sunny Day-boosted Flamethrower.

Counters:
-If set up perfectly (SR, Sub and at 1 HP)... really not much can beat it. But besides that:
-Entry hazards (especially Toxic Spikes) and residual damage hamper this set's abilities.
-Priority users like Arcanine and Hitmontop are big problems without a Sub up and running.
-Bulky Altaria resists both STABs and can only be 2HKOed by its attacks, even with Stealth Rock up.
-Slowking destroys it. >_<

This HAS been tested many times by me and found quite effective. Post as many remarks as you like.

You can't be serious, can you? It's literally one thread up.

Just post there about the use of mix, lol
How many differences are there now between this and the one up? A LOT.

I've seen the one before this; huge difference, biggest one being this kills a lot of things the other one could never do, Like Chansey and Milotic. The fact that the only other Fighting STAB being Focus Blast is way to risky anyway, as (like I explained before) low accuracy + low PP + low defenses = bad way to set up. This, however, is more reliable and KOs even more than it regularly would by being all Special.

I actually had this idea for a long time, I didn't expect to post it right next to another. That was only irony involved. >____>

Sub + Pinch is never reliable except on Empoleon because of its typing and defenses. Common priority will absolute rape Blaziken.

Your set also has a flawed EV spread (it doesn't even outspeed Scarf Rotom)

Stealth Rock ruins any Sub + Pinch berry set that relies on a move such as Reversal or Flail because the conditions have to be ideal; if they are not, the set will not work. It also has problem with weather, so if the opponent has a Hippotatos, Blaziken will be dead weight. There MUST be no hazards, no weather, and no priority or this set will not work. It is almost impossible to pull off unless you have perfect prediction.

In conclusion, you must have ideal conditions, perfect prediction, and a fuckton of support (spinners, trappers, etc.). It's just not worth it.

Here's a calc with the following spread 140 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 112 Spe
+1 Focus Blast vs. 0/252+ Chansey 62.7% - 73.9%

All you need to do is simply wear it down until it's at killing range.

Sub + Pinch is never reliable except on Empoleon because of its typing and defenses. Common priority will absolute rape Blaziken.

The two sets are similar because they have a similar spread (albeit god awful, not even outspeeding Scarf Rotom), and a similar moveset.

Stealth Rock ruins any Sub + Pinch berry set that relies on a move such as Reversal or Flail because the conditions have to be ideal; if they are not, the set will not work. It also has problem with weather, so if the opponent has a Hippotatos, Blaziken will be dead weight. There MUST be no hazards, no weather, and no priority or this set will not work. It is almost impossible to pull off unless you have perfect prediction.

In conclusion, you must have ideal conditions, perfect prediction, and a fuckton of support (spinners, trappers, etc.).
For crying out loud, I already MENTIONED all of this!!!!! DX
And this DOES outspeed neutral natured Scarf Rotom after Agility! 212 * 2 = 424 > 422

At 12.5% health (3 Subs and SR), Reversal (100 Base Power, same as Superpower) does 100.2% - 117.9% damage to Chansey. Your point?

You are not splitting EVs. Even then, you would be better off running an Agility + 3 Attacks set (mixed or physical) or using Baton Pass if you decide to stick with the current route. Agility + 3 Attacks could probably do about any this set does without perfect prediction, ideal conditions, and without as much support. You also get better coverage.

Will you EVER try to understand creativity and differences!? >_<

With Flamethrower at that power AND Petaya Berry, it's almost equivalently powerful that LO Super Effective Hidden Power even when Flamethrower is resisted by another Pokemon!!! And the difference found DOESN'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE KO RATE!!!!!!
Second, would you please stop repeating what I said before as a weapon like an evil parrot? It IS hard to do, but it doesn't need the prediction you're extolling, it independant.

If it is so fucking hard to accomplish that means it's not consistent or reliable. It means it's OO material at best. Did you even read the comments in the other thread. Also, I'm not against creative sets. I used to use pinch berry sets all the time in '06 actually before I got into competitive battling. However, over time, I realized in most cases it simply is not worth it.

breh

強いだね
Guys stop complaining; Nido, just merge the set

I never said either was more viable, just that you should post in the other thread to avoid clutter... if sets have 3/4 moves the same and the last move is simply an attack, they're similar enough IMO

emphasize to cosmic explorer that reversal is not too bad if you're at low HP in general and I think he'll accept it or at least put it in AC.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Heysup rejected the reversal set in his QC testing. Priority is still dominant in UU, and sandstorm and hail aren't uncommon, so I don't believe anything has changed between now and then. In any case, if you have any more to add, take it to the other Agility SubPetaya Blaziken thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)