Delcatty(Update)

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/delcatty

Note that i removed the Assist set because that set was just out right crazy.

[SET]
name:Normailze
move 1:Fake Out
move 2:Sucker Punch
move 3:Wish/Return/Double Edge
move 4:Thunder Wave

Nature Adamant
Item:Leftovers
Abillity:Normalize
Evs 252 Atk 160 Spe 90 Hp

-This set takes advantage of Delcatty's rare and unusaul Abillity,Normalize.
-2 Stab moves in Fake Out and Sucker Punch can actually take down weakened foes.

Why this set deserves to be on site:
-Delcatty is the only pokemon tthat has the trait Normalize.
-Delcatty can paralyze Ground types and Lanturn with T-Wave which can't be done by anything else.

Additional Comments:
-Heal Bell over Thunder Wave.
-Sing over Thunder Wave.

Counters:
-In OU Delcatty is counterd by almost everything with the exception of Dugtrio.
-In UU its counters consist of: Hitmontop/Absol/Blaziken/Aggron/Registeel/Slowbro/Rotom/Mismagius/Spiritomb/Rhyperior/Steelix/Regirock/Azumarill/Weezing

Team Options:
-Delcatty tends to be able to be thrown into almost any team actually.

Other Options:
-Charm can be used to ruin a physical sweepers sweep attempt.
-Fake Tears can be used to ruin a special sweepers sweep attempt.

This pokemon has no benefits over like 10 different pokemon in UU. If you think something like this is valid you _definitely_ need to post logs to prove it has merit and can play a unique role relative to other baton passers. If I understand correctly we basically don't take the time to revamp stuff that doesn't really deserve revamping (Dunsparce, Pigeot, and the like), and Delcatty seems to fit into that category despite its decent move pool.

breh

強いだね
Over 9000 psychic type pokemon can pass calm minds and have better stats. To put it simply, when medicham outclasses a pokemon for a special set, it's not very good.

Anyway why are so many people posting random NUs? I mean things like Xatu and Mantine are not too unreasonable to use - after all, they have some merit at least and have their exclusive niches, the former with a quad resistance to fighting moves and the latter a unique typing. However, Delcatty is beyond use.

The only thing delcatty can do is paralyze ground types and lanturn. If you really want to do that use Stun Spore from butterfree or something. Not only this, but it's ridiculously bad setup fodder for mismagius... you need toxic to actually hit mismagius, lol

To put its crappiness into perspective, it was used in 66 battles in UU in June and an amazing one battle in the CAP NU tier (in July; it was not used at all in June). The only fully evolved pokemon that I can think of with less viability than it are ditto, unown, and luvdisc. Oh and male combee.

I've got a fair amount of comments. First, you need to put after each set a section for each of the following: "Why this set deserves to be on-site", "Optional Changes", and "Teammates & Counters". Second, I would add more details to every section of this set, as this update is lacking in them. Third, I would change Delcatty's Normalize set to something more suited to supporting, as Delcatty isn't pulling off a sweep anytime soon, thanks to its horrible stats. Finally, I have a couple options that should be put in an Other Options section. Charm allows Delcatty to greatly hinder a Physical Sweeper's sweep, while Fake Tears can make Special Walls more vunerable. Delcatty can also learn Wish, which isn't a good idea on the frail cat, but it's worth mentioning, as not every Pokemon can learn it. Finally, Toxic can be used with Normalize so Delcatty can poison Steels who try to switch into it. Hope my comments helped!

EDIT: Unfortunately, I have to agree with Diesel and Breludicolo about Delcatty being outclassed in almost every way.

I know how much of crap Delcatty is,i was just looking at it's page and saw that it was looking quite in need of an update.

I agree with you, Cicada. Unfortunately, I believe that the only set that is worth mentioning is the Normalize set, and even that needs to be changed so it's more support-oriented, as Delcatty isn't pulling off a sweep.

My point was that it sucks so bad that there is no reason to update it. Its analysis is really just for show. We don't need to waste time (not just yours) going back and adding team options and the like for Unown, Ditto, and Pokemon like this.

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Yeah...you probably took down its most effective set. (NOT THAT ASSIST IS VIABLE) This is a testament to how bad Delcatty is.

QC Rejected 1/2

I agree with you, Cicada. Unfortunately, I believe that the only set that is worth mentioning is the Normalize set, and even that needs to be changed so it's more support-oriented, as Delcatty isn't pulling off a sweep.
i guess i see what you mean,but the Normalyz ser wasnt to pull of a sweep,it was too be able to defeate pokemon that are at low health with a combination of Fake Out+Sucker Punch,but i will change it to be more supportive. And also i will remove the Baton Pass set.

Edit: Also i might bring back the Assist set.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
It's just... bad. Completely walled by Ghost-types, Rock-types shit on it, it has low attack, low defenses, low self-esteem. Sorry it's just bad.

QC Rejected 2/2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)