move 2: Explosion
move 3: Sucker Punch
move 4: Thunder
nature: Lonely/ Naughty
item: Expert Belt/ Life Orb
ability: Static
evs: 252 Atk/ 48 SpA/ 208 Spd

3 Reasons to post on the site:

-can be used to outrun and to take out famous OU leads like: Azelf & Bronzong. Explosion deals massive damage to every lead, considering them to maximizing their evs mainly on Speed and not on defenses.
-can be an effective Taunt user with good timing (outruns almost every lead in the UU and most in OU ladders.
-ability chosen to maximize attack considering it's POOR Atk stat.

Comment:

-choose an item that can be used effectively on most leads: Expert Belt for Pokemon that receives supper effective hits and Life Orb for suiciding along with the opposing leads that resist the other moves.

You can add that this Electrode can also take out Aerodactyl (should this be in OU because you referenced Bronzong and Azelf?) if Aero set up rocks first turn. I'd use a Focus Sash because most leads have that and because you might need it to KO other leads. Also, can you explain why you use Thunder over Thunderbolt?

I see many problems with this. First, if you posted this in the UU QC, then you need to change your references to UU Pokemon. Second, Electrode has a horrible Attack stat, and Explosion is the only thing worth running off of it. I actually see the LO Electrode set already on the analysis as a better anti-lead, as it works off of Electrode's usable Special Attack stat, and Thunder is a better option only if you set up Rain Dance. Finally, you don't even have the right format, as it should have sections dedicated to the following: "Why this set should be on-site", "Additional Comments", and "Teammates and Counters". I'm wondering if you even tested this set, as I can't see much hope whatsoever of this working in even UU, much less OU.

This is a very bad set, I'm sorry but its true. Electrode has very little power and cannot do much else other than dent Azelf/Aerodactyl a little.

I am going to have to agree with everybody else on how bad this set is,Flashrider mentioned most of the reasons why so i shouldnt really need to explain.

I forgot to mention two things in my first post. Expert Belt increases SE damage, and only Sucker Punch and Thunder can benefit from it. Also, if a Pokemon has a bad attacking stat, it is wise to avoid using said stat unless there is a very good reason.

I dont really even see the point of Sucker Punch on something as fast as Electrode especially when you attack stat is so low.

To beat scarfers, and sashed stuff that attacks you, also sashed leads that can/may have priority moves (infernape) get picked off by sucker punch. thunder is a bad option, should be replaced with thunderbolt. it could possibly work. it should definitely have focus sash though so you can use a last ditch explosion or what have you. if this is going to be used in OU though, hidden power grass should really be mentioned there so you can beat swampert, hippowdon is threatened etc., the EV spread should be rearranged, 48atk/252spa/208spe, since you want to as much as possible with your stab move. im assuming this is for OU use because you mention OU stuff in the OP, but its posted in the UU subforum.

if its for uu, there is still good cause to keep sucker punch, since it lets you beat ambipom fake outs and causes them to fail, i would still suggest using HP grass in there somewhere, maybe over explosion since beating omastar/kabutops/hippo is more important than a last ditch explosion, but thats just me. also hp grass does a shitton to rhyperior, which is super important.

This is a bad set overall. First off, you have Thunder on the set without rain dance. Secondly, you have sucker punch when electrode is already fast. Sucker Punch is for nearly nothing as far as it's poor attack stat goes.

Why would I use this over aero? Aero already has the speed to outrun and taunt almost all non-scarf leads, and can setup its own stealth rock, AND deal more damage than electrode (bar explosion, which is once again, coming off of electrode's poor attack stat)

Also, you don't tell whether you are using this in UU, OU, Ubers, or a combination of the 3.

This set doesn't have the power to take out most leads. Any bulky lead walks right over it, taking little from your attacks and threatening an OHKO. Frail leads you only have a 50/50 chance of taking out, as you have to pick between attacking and taunting and almost all of them OHKO you.

Good try, but this is not an effective lead in any tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)