Azelf (Choice Band Lead)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for an anti-lead that can beat most leads yet still have a good mid-game? Look no further.

[SET]
name: Choice Band Lead
move 1: Zen Headbutt
move 2: U-Turn
move 3: Explosion
move 4: Trick / Ice Punch / Fire Punch
item: Choice Band
ability: Levitate
nature: Jolly/Adamant
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>A decently powered lead, Choice Band LeadZelf is able to take out the opposing lead most of the time, and typically remain useful. Zen Headbutt is a good attacking move that allows you to beat Machamp, and hurt other Pokemon after the lead game. U-Turn allows you to break the sash of most Pokemon and switch to a Pokemon with Priority, while Explosion is a powerful move that can often guarantee a Stealth-Rock free match.</p>

Will put Additional Comments later

Lead Table
Azelf - You U-Turn to Tyranitar or a Priority-User. Azelf may get Stealth Rock off, but most Taunt during round 1.
Machamp - Zen Headbutt OHKOs. If foe sends out T-Tar to pursuit, you can send out [insert favorite set up pokemon here] and have fun.
Aerodactyl - U-Turn to Priority User. He only gets 1 move.
Metagross - If you are Adamant, then KaBoom! OHKOs 90% of the time. They lose out SR. If you are Jolly, then you should U-Turn to a counter, and you MAY win.
Swampert - Exploding Pixies again! Prevents SR but dies.
Infernape - Take the Fake Out. If you are Jolly, Zen Headbutt and die to the Fire Blast. Then switch in Mr. Priority. You die, he gets no SR. If you are Adamant, then you are slower. Switch out on Turn 1 to a counter.
Heatran - U-Turn out the fastest you can.
Jirachi - Iron Head is a FlinchHKO. Switch out immediately.
Ninjask - He can protect, so switch ASAP to your Taunter.
Roserade - Either Explode and send out T-Tar/Priority or U-Turn to a Status Absorber.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I see zero difference between this set and the Physical Choice set currently in the analysis.

Also you posted this in the wrong place.

Atticus

Atticus
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
this is a good lead however like the above poster said we already have a physical choice set, I do not like however how it doesn't mention CB Azelf anywhere as a good lead, (it mainly talks about scarf azelf revenge killing) so perhaps expanding on that could help

ps: jolly > adamant on CB, always

Fine. Didn't see that Starmie, Infernape, and Colbur Azelf have more combined score then Metagross. I made him Adamant because Jolly Azelf loses to Metagross.

Also, where I should post sets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)