Move 2: Charm
Move 3: Stone Edge
Move 4: Sucker Punch
Item: Focus Sash/Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP / 252 ATK / 252 SPE

[SET COMMENTS]
<p> Charm seems gimmicky, being a stat reducing move along the lines of Sand Attack and Growl; however, ladder testing has proven that it works. First, you revenge kill something; you know the drill. Magnezone, Heatran, or anything severely weakened are the usual targets. Then your opponent will most likely switch in something to set up, i.e. Gyarados. That's where Charm comes in; they Dragon Dance, you Charm, and now their attack is lame. Dugtrio can take a Waterfall with its Focus Sash, then Stone Edge Gyarados twice and damage it quite a bit (then you can switch in and set up on it!) Tyranitar dies to two Earthquakes as well. After they've fainted, the opponent will probably try to take Dugtrio down with a priority move; Sucker Punch them and get just a little extra damage in before dying in a blaze of glory. </p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<p> Use a Life Orb if you don't want to require the field to be clean before Dugtrio comes in, but then you can't take a Waterfall from a Gyarados. As such, Focus Sash is preferred. </p>

(( First set, fairly nervous. I double checked it to the rules, so hopefully it's all right, and I apologize if it isn't. ))

Midgame Focus Sash is terrible. Almost every team you face will have Stealth Rock at or near the beginning of the game. Let's not forget that without Choice Band or Life Orb you're doing god awful damage. Dugtrio only has 80 base attack and it's not even being boosted. The only thing this Dugtrio has is surprise value. Even then, Charm isn't a great bait move anyways, as Gyarados or whatever other Pokemon you're trying to prevent from set-up sweeping can just go for the OHKO (assuming Stealth Rock is in play which is like 99% of the time). You also don't beat anymore threats, in fact you lose to more. It's not like you are beating bulky Rotom-A without Substitute, instead of attacking, it will just burn you. Breloom gets a free move (although you could say Charm, but I'd rather use Aerial Ace or gtfo) and you have no way of scouting due to the lack of Substitute.

And if you are using Dugtrio, you are more than likely using a Hyper Offensive team making Charm worthless. If you wanted a way to check DD Gyrados, just use Scarf Rotom-A.

Stone Edge vs. 0/4 Gyarados 58% - 68.3%
-1 Stone Edge vs. 0/4 Gyarados 38.7% - 45.9%
-1 Stone Edge vs. 248/248+ Gyarados 22.9% - 27%

Stone Edge vs. 252/168+ Rotom-A 12.8% - 15.5%
Sucker Punch vs. 252/168+ Rotom-A 21.1% - 25%
Sucker Punch vs. 0/0 Rotom-A 33.2% - 39.8%

Stone Edge vs. 0/4 Zapdos 37.4% - 44.2% (you never see these variants)
Stone Edge vs. 248/228+ Zapdos 22.5% - 26.6%

I did neglect to mention another use for it; in case SR is up and Dugtrio got killed after Charming a Gyarados, you can send something else in to set up their own Dragon Dance/Curse/Swords Dance/whatever, and your foe can either switch or attack, which won't do much damage.

(the SR would be gone otherwise because hopefully you have a Rapid Spinner.)

My calculations were really, really off, wow. I apologize. I'll fix that in the OP.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
No, no, no, no, a thousand times NO.

This set is pretty much as terrible as sets come. It relies on way too many aspects that will absolutely never be reliable.

1: Dugtrio does piss poor damage without a boosting item, meaning that the amount of stuff you can potentially revenge kill goes down significantly. This is doubly so when you consider that you now only have 3 moves. Dugtrio's damage output is GARBAGE.
2: Midgame Focus Sash? That's instant grounds for rejection. No questions asked, 100% likelihood of rejection.
3: 199.1% - 234.9%. That's -1 LO Gyara Waterfall to Dugtrio. And no, your focus sash isn't taking effect.

I could go on, but this terrible set isn't worth the effort.

QC REJECTED (1/3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)