Miltank (Update)

moooooove over guys, im finishing this

credit to thund for writing up the moofensive set, im replacing choice band with it. everything else set wise is much of the same.

ok im marking this as quality control because im not sure what it goes under, if its copy editing, can a mod please change prefix - thanks

qc check: 2/2
gp check: 2/2

[Overview]
<p>Miltank is an excellent Pokemon, boasting base 100 Speed and above-average defenses. Its ability Scrappy allows it to even hit Ghost-types with its STAB Normal-type attacks. Miltank can do a wide variety of things, whether it be slowly powering up with Curse or going for the all-out attack. Although it has a weakness to the best attacking type in UU (Fighting), this should not deter you from using Miltank on your team. Bolstering your team with teammates that can support it can be very much worthwhile, as a properly used Miltank can easily sweep entire teams.</p>

[SET]
name: Curse
move 1: Heal Bell
move 2: Milk Drink
move 3: Curse
move 4: Body Slam / Return
item: Leftovers
ability: Scrappy
nature: Careful
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>This is the most infamous Miltank set and one of the best pure sweepers of all UU. Although it seems as though Miltank would be slow to set up, access to both HP and status recovery moves, an attack with no immunities and only two resists, and above-average defenses give it all the time in the world to set up a few Curses and start cleaning up teams.</p>

<p>Milk Drink and Heal Bell give Miltank a reliable recovery engine that allows it to stand up to most Toxic stallers and physical attackers. With a few Curses under its belt (or udder), Miltank can begin to take even STAB Fighting-type attacks with ease and recover with Milk Drink. Body Slam becomes a much more powerful attack when Curse-boosted and has enough PP and an excellent secondary effect to allow Miltank to sweep with it. If Body Slam seems too weak on Miltank, Return is a very good substitution, reaching 48 more Base Power after STAB is factored in. Return gives no chance of paralysis, but the extra Base Power make it a fair price to pay.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p>Miltank's Defense is boosted through Curse, so it is important to focus on boosting your Special Defense with the EVs. This allows it to set up on Pokemon such as Rotom or Milotic. It also allows it to serve as a counter to many specially-based threats, since the rest of your team should be dedicated to fending off many of Miltank's physical counters.</p>

<p>Hammer Arm can be used over Heal Bell, allowing Miltank to KO Registeel and Steelix much more easily than with Body Slam after Curse. Rest is another option to consider, providing both status removal and full health recovery in one move. In order to not waste turns, Sleep Talk can be used in the other free slot, or alternatively, you can use both Milk Drink and Rest.

<p>This Miltank is meant to clean up the opponent's team, so it should be used in conjunction with Pokemon that benefit it, not the other way around (although it can be a mutually beneficial relationship). Spiritomb can be a very valuable partner, switching in on Fighting-types and using Pursuit on them for small amounts of damage. Although this minor damage won't seem important at first, it will eventually add up and let Miltank set up more easily. Other important partners include a Toxic Spiker to wear down any potential counters as Miltank sets up. Toxic Spikes allows Miltank to set up on Pokemon such as Milotic while poison slowly whittles down their health. It also allow Miltank to continuously Curse up and Milk Drink against Fighting-types while Toxic Spikes damage eventually kills them off.</p>

[SET]
name: Mootility
move 3: Body Slam
move 4: Stealth Rock / Rock Slide
ability: Thick Fat
nature: Jolly
evs: 240 HP / 84 Def / 184 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Miltank is a very bulky Pokemon that has access to Stealth Rock. That alone should make it a Pokemon to consider adding to your team. What separates Miltank from Chansey, however, is its base 100 Speed, as well as a more-than-decent Attack stat. This allows it to not only support your team, but to also deal consistent damage to opponents.</p>

<p>The main reason to use this set is the reliability of Miltank's Stealth Rock. With base 100 Speed, only one weakness, and good defensive stats, Miltank has almost no issue with setting it up. Its second trick is Heal Bell, which gives any statused sweeper on your team a chance to sweep again. Milk Drink gives Miltank durability, and Body Slam allows it to spread paralysis through the opponent's team. Miltank's useful Thick Fat ability also allows it to counter common UU Pokemon such as Moltres and Arcanine.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p>184 Speed EVs allow Miltank to outspeed max Speed Moltres and Rotom, two huge threats that it may encounter. Since most opponents would expect Curse Miltank, you can very easily surprise and sometimes kill these weakened Pokemon. The rest of the EVs can be put into HP and Defense, allowing it to take attacks such as Scyther's U-turn much more handily. These EVs can also be transferred to Special Defense to create a makeshift Rotom or even Mismagius counter, although Rock Slide is required over Stealth Rock in order to hit them. Rotom cannot even rely on burning Miltank as it can just Heal Bell to cure the status.</p>

<p>As with any Pokemon using Stealth Rock, partnering Miltank with a sweeper that abuses entry hazards is recommended. Slower Pokemon that also benefit from paralysis would be ideal, as they are generally less frail than faster Pokemon. Pokemon that rely on Rest and Sleep Talk also benefit as partners, as they can sponge hits and have Miltank rid them of their sleep next time it comes out.</p>

<p>Miltank is a very effective wall, capable of taking hits from both physical and special attackers, but unfortunately, it doesn't have the special bulk of Chansey or the physical bulk of Regirock. Repeated hits from Pokemon such as Scyther or Venusaur will take it down and will force Miltank to keep relying on Milk Drink. Other walls, such as Milotic or Registeel, can make things very difficult for Miltank, as it has no way to boost its own Attack with this set. It is best to use this Miltank only as a pivot, switching in to Heal Bell or Stealth Rock and then trying to spread status a few times with Body Slam.</p>

[SET]
name: MooFensive (Life Orb)
move 1: Double-Edge / Return
move 2: Earthquake / Toxic
move 3: Heal Bell
move 4: Milk Drink
item: Life Orb
evs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Although Miltank prefers to play more defensively with its sets, it still has offensive assets in its base 100 Speed, its respectable Attack, and a STAB attack with a Base Power of 120. It becomes a very powerful sweeper with a Life Orb, outspeeding and OHKOing many common threats.

<p>Double-Edge is Miltank's strongest physical attack (with the exception of Giga Impact), and it can easily 2HKO even the most bulkiest of threats. Earthquake provides coverage versus Steelix and Registeel, while Heal Bell can relieve Miltank of any status ailments it receives. Its base 100 Speed lets it outpace almost every Fire-type in UU, almost all of which can be OHKOed by Earthquake. With constant recoil from Life Orb as well as Double-Edge, Milk Drink is needed to keep Miltank healthy and able to sweep longer.</p>

<p>Return can be used over Double-Edge if recoil is too worrisome. However, the lack of power will make Pokemon such as Milotic and Venusaur much more daunting to face. Toxic can be used instead of Earthquake as a scouting device, allowing Miltank to scout for any common counters; however, Earthquake is the preferred option to do substantial damage to Pokemon such as Arcanine and Drapion.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p>Entry hazards are very important for Miltank, letting it 2HKO some variants of Milotic as well as OHKO many more possible threats. Moltres is an excellent partner to Miltank, as it can easily wear down potential counters such as Milotic and Chansey and switch in on Fighting-type attacks directed at Miltank. Mismagius makes another good partner, as Miltank can often lure in and OHKO opposing Mismagius, as well as lure in counters to other sets such as Registeel. Although Miltank may not be able to KO Registeel, it will often force Registeel into either using Explosion or taking a loss of 70% HP.</p>

<p>The best counter to this Miltank is just keeping a faster pace. Miltank will slowly wear itself out with recoil from Life Orb or Double-Edge, allowing other Pokemon to simply pick it off later. Hitmontop can Intimidate Miltank, cutting its Attack, and use Mach Punch to deal plenty of damage. Rhyperior is not 2HKOed by Earthquake and can use the opportunity to set up a Rock Polish, or abuse Choice Banded attacks. Scarf Fighting-types will force Miltank out and slowly wear down teammates with Close Combat.</p>

[Team Options]
<p>Entry hazards are appreciated with every Pokemon, but Miltank's Mooffensive and Curse sets use them particularly effectively. Toxic Spikes also has a lot of use with the Curse set, allowing it to set up as the opponent is slowly worn down.</p>

<p>The Curse and Mootility sets are focused around more defensive styles of play, so Pokemon that can slow down the game to your pace are much more effective teammates. Milotic, for example, can serve as a defensive pivot and check Miltank counters such as Registeel, Rhyperior, and Steelix. Ghost-types, such as Rotom or Spiritomb, can use their immunities and bulk to give Miltank relief from Fighting-type attacks or other strong physical attacks. Other excellent partners to Miltank are Ground-types such as Rhyperior or Torterra, who can set up easily on Registeel and Steelix and attempt to sweep by themselves. If this does not work, Miltank can come back in and attempt to sweep again.</p>

<p>Although Heal Bell is primarily useful for Miltank, it can be a godsend for other Pokemon, especially Resttalkers and set up Pokemon prone to status such as burn and paralysis. Miltank lets these Pokemon set up even in the face of danger, with the insurance of free recovery awaiting them. Resttalk Drapion with Toxic Spikes is an excellent partner, setting up Toxic Spikes that are useful for wearing down Miltank's counters. When Drapion uses Rest, Miltank can Heal Bell off the sleep.</p>

<p>Teams lacking certain immunities to status can also effectively use Miltank to ensure that paralysis, burn, or poison do not take down their entire team. Miltank's sweeping capabilities and team support should make it a prime candidate to use on any UU team.</p>

[Optional Changes]
<p>Miltank doesn't really have any other sets worth using. A Choice Band set can hit somewhat hard and has some unique options with the elemental punches and Zen Headbutt, but Kangaskhan outclasses it with Sucker Punch and a higher base Attack. Miltank's only other viable option is Counter, which it can use as is or alongside Curse. Chople Berry and Counter can help Miltank lure in Fighting-types and OHKO them back.</p>

[Counters]
<p>Fighting-type attacks are generally the strongest type of attack in UU, and they happen to be Miltank's only weakness. Hitmontop, Primeape, Hitmonlee, Poliwrath, Toxicroak, and Hariyama all present huge problems for Miltank. Steel-types and bulky Rock-types are all big threats for Miltank as well, resisting its STAB attacks and usually dealing significant damage back to Miltank.</p>

<p>Encore and Taunt can stop any set-up or healing that Miltank might try and will generally force Miltank out. Haze Milotic can easily remove any Curses that Miltank might have gotten, and with Haze's massive PP, Miltank cannot hope to stall it out. Venusaur can be a serious obstacle for Miltank, using Sleep Powder on it and then proceeding to heavily damage it with Leaf Storm or set up Swords Dance or Leech Seed.</p>

i finished typing up the comments

edit: i need qc to check this so no grammar checks yet please

for the curse set, i know body slam is the superior option, but shouldn't return get a slash/mention for having an overall 30 more Base power?

- add mention of hammer arm > heal bell on curse
- what the hell do the curse set's evs do, specifically
- add mention of thick fat on utility set to more easily switch into fire pokemon (i have used rock slide thick fat relatively well as a moltres counter and i got the idea from lemmiwinks)
- agree with megan fox

edit: and toxic should also be slashed with earthquake imo, it makes handling bulky pokemon much much easier and doesn't compromise heal bell. you aren't doing TOO much damage with earthquake anyways.

Scrappy is overrated in this analysis. While it's obviously necessary on mono-curse and Mooffensive sets, on Mootility I much prefer the Fire and Ice resistances to hitting Rotom and Mismagius (you're not doing anything to Spiritomb). Miltank isn't even trying to take those on, and while the chance for paralysis is nice, adding two extra resistances (when Normal only has 1) is very helpful, especially since Miltank is practically THE offensive Arcanine counter (Milotic takes a bunch from Adamant Thunder Fang, and most of the Rock-types lose to HP Grass).

I'm not sure about Mootility's EVs. I can understand running some speed to take advantage of Miltank's great base speed, but is a +Spe nature really worth it? Especially because your min Atk Body Slam isn't doing a whole lot to Venusaur anyways (better than nothing, I suppose).

Scrappy is overrated in this analysis. While it's obviously necessary on mono-curse and Mooffensive sets, on Mootility I much prefer the Fire and Ice resistances to hitting Rotom and Mismagius (you're not doing anything to Spiritomb). Miltank isn't even trying to take those on, and while the chance for paralysis is nice, adding two extra resistances (when Normal only has 1) is very helpful, especially since Miltank is practically THE offensive Arcanine counter (Milotic takes a bunch from Adamant Thunder Fang, and most of the Rock-types lose to HP Grass).
I'm agreeing with umbarsc about Scrappy. I will admit that it's a great ability, but I think that Kangaskhan sometimes does it better (my personal opinion, and don't bother including this in the analysis). On the Mootility set, I haven't found Scrappy too useful, while Thick Fat allows Miltank to check Arcanine and Moltres, as well as providing many opportunities to switch in (such as Milotic's Ice Beam), where it can then support the team however it needs to. I find that Thick Fat allows Miltank to fare better against more Pokemon than Scrappy, which is useful only against Mismagius, Rotom, and Spiritomb (and Drifblim, if you want to push it a little). I would rather have two resistances provided by Thick Fat than the opportunity to hit three Pokemon with Body Slam, which isn't even invested in.
Also, I'm not too good with Nature/EV combinations, but I don't really see the point of a Jolly Nature. Miltank's job is to support the team, and I personally would rather have more bulk than Speed. I find that the only advantage Miltank has with a Jolly Nature is to hit things faster with Body Slam, which (again) isn't even invested in. I'm suggesting that you change the nature to Impish (+Def/-SpA), so you have more bulk. Other than that, I don't really see any other problems.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
For Mootility: CowTank has higher base physical defense than speed, so running Impish and more Spe/less Def would probably result in one or two free points.
For Moofensive, I'm not sure how valuable typing with max spe base 100s is...I'd recommend dropping it down to 95 and sticking the rest into HP. Gives a small buffer against DE recoil and some more general bulk.

For curse, if you're going to slash anything with Heal Bell, make sure you mention Rest, because Miltank's primary appeal as a curser is Scrappy and the ability to heal off status, which Rest helps with if you forgo heal bell.

the defensive set should have thick fat, whereas the curse and offensive set should have scrappy. no arguments here, its just simple logic.

I agree with return over body slam though. once you get those boosts, getting a para isn't likely gonna affect anything considering you'll be slower than everything at +6 lol, but the power return has is definitely gonna make a difference.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Bumping this girl here. She seems good to go, but I'd like to see the changes FB mentioned implemented before approving/further criticizing it.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
GP CHECK 1/2

Additions in Bold
Deletions in Red

[Overview]
<p>Miltank is an excellent Pokemon, boasting base 100 Speed and above average defenses. Miltank also has Scrappy, allowing it to hit even Ghost-types with its STAB Normal-type Attacks. Miltank can do a wide variety of things, whether it be slowly Curse up or all-out attack.</p>
just make this one paragraph, other than that it's fine.
<p>Although Miltank has a weakness to the best attacking type in UU (Fighting), this should not deter you from using Miltank on your team. It can be very much worth it to surround your team with effective teammates that support Miltank, as a properly used Miltank can easily sweep entire teams.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>This is the The most infamous Miltank set and one of the best pure sweepers of all UU. Although it seems as though Miltank would be slow to set up,access to both HP and status recovery moves, an attack with no immunities and only two resists, and above-average defenses give Miltank all the time in the world to set up a few Curses and start cleaning up teams.</p>

<p>Milk Drink and Heal Bell give Miltank a reliable recovery engine that allows it to stand up to most Toxic stallers and even physical attackers. With a few Curses under its belt (or utter), Miltank can even begin to take STAB Fighting-type attacks and recover with Milk Drink. Body Slam becomes a much more powerful attack Attack when Curse boosted and has enough PP and an excellent secondary effect to allow Miltank to sweep when using it. If Body Slam seems too weak on Miltank, Return is a very good substitution, reaching 48 more BP after STAB is factored in. Return gives no chance of paralysis, but the extra base power make its a fair price to pay.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p>Miltank will focus on boosting its Defense through Curse, so it is important to focus on boosting your Special Defense with the EVs. This allows Miltank to set up on Pokemon such as Rotom or Milotic. It also allows Miltank to serve as a counter to many Special threats, since the rest of your team should be dedicated to fending off many of Miltank's physical counters.</p>

<p>Hammer Arm can be used over Heal Bell, allowing Miltank to KO Registeel and Steelix much more easily than Body Slam after Curse. Rest is another option to consider, healing both status and giving Miltank 100% HP in one move. To not waste turns, Sleep Talk can be used in the other free slot, or, you can keep Milk Drink to give Miltank an extremely reliable recovery engine.</p>

<p>This Miltank is meant to clean up the opponent, so it should be used in conjunction with Pokemon that benefit Miltank, not the other way around (although it can be a postitive relationship). Spiritomb can be a very valuable partner, switching in on Fighting-types and Pursuiting them for small amounts of damage. Although this damage won't be too much at first, it will eventually add up and allow Miltank and easier time to set up without much worry. Other important partners include a Toxic Spiker to wear down any potential counters as Miltank sets up. This allows Miltank to set up on Pokemon such as Milotic while Toxic Spikes slowly wears them down. It also has an added bonus of letting Miltank continuously set up and Milk Drink against Fighting-types while Toxic Spikes damage eventually kills them.</p>

<p>Miltank's most dangerous threats include Fighting-types, who can deal substantial damage to Miltank with their STAB attacks, even after one Curse. Venusaur is a huge threat, Sleep Powdering Miltank and can slowly wear Miltank down with Leech Seed. Encore and Taunt users can easily shut Miltank down, forcing Miltank to switch out again. Steelix with Roar can phaze out Miltank unless it is the last available Pokemon. Even then, Steelix can Taunt, Toxic, or even use Explosion.</p>

(This paragraph is honestly not doing too much for you. Basically, it's the counters section and to a certain extent a repeat of what's above. I'd recommend taking it out.)

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Miltank is a very bulky Pokemon that has access to Stealth Rock. That alone should make it a Pokemon to consider adding to your team. What separates Miltank from Chansey, however, is a base 100 Speed as well as a more-than-verydecent Attack stat. This allows Miltank to not only support your team, but also to to also deal consistent damage to opponents.</p>

<p>The main reason to use this set is the reliablity of Miltank's Stealth Rock. Miltank has almost no issue with setting it up with only one weakness and good defensive stats. Miltank's second trick is Heal Bell, which gives any statused sweeper a chance to sweep again. Miltank can then use Milk Drink to give itself durability and a chance to continue using Heal Bell, or to spread status with a 30% paralyzing Attack in Body Slam. Miltank's Thick Fat allows it to counter common Pokemon such as Moltres and Arcanine.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p>184 Speed EVs allow Miltank to outspeed max Speed Moltres and Rotom, two huge threats Miltank can face. Since most opponents would expect Curse Miltank, you can very easily surprise and sometimes kill these weakened Pokemon. The rest of the EVs can be put into HP and Defense, allowing Miltank to take attacks, such as Scyther U-Turn, much more handily. These EVs can be transfered to Special Defense to create a makeshift Rotom or even Mismagius counter, although it requires using Rock Slide over Stealth Rock in order to hit them. Rotom can not even rely on burning Miltank as Miltank can just Heal Bell of the status (and help the rest of her team).</p>

<p>As with any Pokemon using Stealth Rock, a sweeper to abuse it with is surely appreciated. Slower Pokemon that also benefit from paralysis would be ideal, as they are generally less frail and sometimes much stronger than faster Pokemon. Pokemon that rely on Rest and Sleep Talk also benefit as partners to Miltank, as they can take hits and have Miltank rid them of their status effects next time she comes out.</p>

<p>Miltank is a very effective wall, taking hits from both spectrums, but unfortunately, doesn't have the special bulk of Chansey or the physical bulk of Regirock. Repeated hits from Pokemon such as Scyther or Venusaur will take Miltank down, and will force Miltank to keep relying on Milk Drink. Other walls can make things very difficult for Miltank, such as Milotic or Registeel, as Miltank has no way to boost its own Attack with this set. It is best to use this Miltank only as a pivot, switching in to Heal Bell or Stealth Rock, and then trying to spread status a few times with Body Slam.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Although Miltank prefers to play more defensively with its sets, Miltank still has base 100 Speed, a respectable Attack, and a STAB attack with a regular base power of 120. Miltank becomes a very powerful sweeper with a Life Orb, outspeeding and OHKOing many common threats.

<p>Double-Edge is Miltank's strongest physical attack (with the exception of Giga Impact), which can easily 2HKO even the most bulkiest threats. Earthquake provides coverage versus Steelix and Registeel, while Heal Bell can also relieve Miltank of any status ailements she is given. Miltank's base 100 Speed can outspeed almost every Fire-type in UU, and almost all of which can be OHKOed by Earthquake. With constant Life Orb recoil, as well as Double-edge recoil, Milk Drink keeps Miltank healthy and able to sweep longer.</p>

<p>Return can be used over Double-edge if recoil is too worrisome. However, the lack of power will make Pokemon such as Milotic or Venusaur much more daunting foes. Toxic can be used instead of Earthquake as a scouting device, allowing Miltank to scout for any common counters. However, Miltank can outspeed and do substantial damage to Arcanine and Drapion wtih Earthquake, making Earthquake the preferred option.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p>Entry hazards are very important for Miltank, letting her 2HKO some Milotic as well as OHKOing many more possible threats. Moltres is an excellent partner to Miltank, as Miltank can easily wear down potential counters such as Milotic or Chansey. Moltres can take Fighting-type attacks directed at Miltank much more easily. Mismagius makes another good partner, as Miltank can often lure in and OHKO opposing Mismagius as well as lure in counters to other sets such as Registeel. Although Miltank might not faint Registeel, she will often force Registeel's hand into using Explosion or taking a loss of 70% HP.</p>

<p>The best counter to this Miltank is just keeping a faster pace. Miltank will slowly wear itself out with recoil from Life Orb or Double-edge, allowing other Pokemon to simply clean up later. Hitmontop can Intimidate Miltank, cutting its Attack, or even use Mach Punch to deal plenty of damage. Rhyperior is not 2HKOed by Earthquake and can use the time to set up a Rock Polish, or abuse Choice Banded attacks. Scarf Fighting-types will force Miltank out and slowly wear down teammates with Close Combat.</p>

[Team Options]
<p>Entry hazards are appreciated with every Pokemon, (comma) but Miltank's Mooffensive and Curse sets use them very effectively. Toxic Spikes also has a lot of use with the Curse set, allowing Miltank to set up as the opponent is slowly worn down.</p>

<p>The Curse and Mootility sets are focused around more defensive styles of play, so Pokemon that can slow down the game to your pace are much more effective. Milotic, for example, can serve as a defensive pivot and play check to Miltank counters such as Registeel, Rhyperior, and Steelix. Ghost-types, such as Rotom or Spiritomb, can use their immunities and bulk to give Miltank relief from Fighting-type attacks or other strong physical attacks.</p>

[Optional Changes]
<p>Miltank doesn't really have any other sets worth using. Choice Band can hit somewhat hard and has some unique options with the elemental punches and Zen Headbutt, but Kangaskhan outclasses Miltank with Sucker Punch and a higher base Attack.</p>
(remove)
<p>Miltank's only other viable option is Counter, which it can use with Curse or as a stand-alone (hyphen) set. Chople Berry and Counter can lure in Fighting-types and OHKO back.</p>

[Counters]
<p>Fighting-type attacks are generally the strongest type of attack in UU, and they happen to be Miltank's only weakness. Hitmontop, Primeape, Hitmonlee, Poliwrath, Toxicroak, and Hariyama all present huge problems toward Miltank. Steel-types and bulky Rock-types are all big threatshuge problems for Miltank as well, resisting Miltank's STAB attacks and usually dealing significant damage back to Miltank.</p>

<p>Encore and Taunt can stop any set up or healing that Miltank might try, and will generally force Miltank out. On the Curse set, Haze Milotic can easily rid any boosts Miltank gets and will not run out of Haze PP. Venusaur can help defeat Milotic but opposing Venusaur can be a serious obstacle for hinder to Miltank, Sleep Powdering her and then setting up Swords Dance or using Leech Seed.</p>

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
mooooooooo

GP CHECK 2/2

Delete
Add

[Overview]
<p>Miltank is an excellent Pokemon, boasting base 100 Speed and above-average defenses. Miltank also has Scrappy, allowing it to hit even Ghost-types with its STAB Normal-type attacks. Miltank can do a wide variety of things, whether it be slowly powering up with Curse up or going for the all-out attack. Although Miltank has a weakness to the best attacking type in UU (Fighting), this should not deter you from using Miltank on your team. It can be very much worth it to surround bolster your team with effective teammates that can support Miltank, as a properly used Miltank can easily sweep entire teams.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>This is the most infamous Miltank set and one of the best pure sweepers of all UU. Although it seems as though Miltank would be slow to set up, access to both HP and status recovery moves, an attack with no immunities and only two resists, and above-average defenses give Miltank all the time in the world to set up a few Curses and start cleaning up teams.</p>

<p>Milk Drink and Heal Bell give Miltank a reliable recovery engine that allows it to stand up to most Toxic stallers and even physical attackers. With a few Curses under its belt (or utter udder), Miltank can even begin to take STAB Fighting-type attacks with ease and recover with Milk Drink. Body Slam becomes a much more powerful attack when Curse-boosted, and has enough PP and an excellent secondary effect to allow Miltank to sweep when using with it. If Body Slam seems too weak on Miltank, Return is a very good substitution, reaching 48 more BP after STAB is factored in. Return gives no chance of paralysis, but the extra Base Power make its a fair price to pay.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p>Miltank will focus on boosting its Defense Miltank's Defense is boosted effectively through Curse, so it is important to focus on boosting your Special Defense with the EVs. This allows Miltank to set up on Pokemon such as Rotom or Milotic. It also allows Miltank to serve as a counter to many specially-based threats, since the rest of your team should be dedicated to fending off many of Miltank's physical counters.</p>

<p>Hammer Arm can be used over Heal Bell, allowing Miltank to KO Registeel and Steelix much more easily than Body Slam after Curse. Rest is another option to consider, providing both status removal and full health recovery healing both status and giving Miltank 100% HP in one move. In order to not waste turns, Sleep Talk can be used in the other free slot, or alternatively, you can keep Milk Drink to give Miltank an extremely reliable recovery engine.</p>

<p>This Miltank is meant to clean up the opponent, so it should be used in conjunction with Pokemon that benefit Miltank, not the other way around (although it can be a mutually beneficial postitive relationship). Spiritomb can be a very valuable partner, switching in on Fighting-types and Pursuiting them for small amounts of damage. Although this minor damage won't seem important be too much at first, it will eventually add up and allow Miltank and an easier time to set up without much worry. Other important partners include a Toxic Spiker to wear down any potential counters as Miltank sets up. This allows Miltank to set up on Pokemon such as Milotic while Toxic Spikes slowly whittles down their health wears them down. It also has an added bonus of letting allowing Miltank to continuously set Curse up and Milk Drink against Fighting-types while Toxic Spikes damage eventually kills them off.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Miltank is a very bulky Pokemon that has access to Stealth Rock. That alone should make it a Pokemon to consider adding to your team. What separates Miltank from Chansey, however, is its a base 100 Speed, as well as a more-than-decent Attack stat. This allows Miltank to not only support your team, but also to deal consistent damage to opponents.</p>

<p>The main reason to use this set is the reliablity of Miltank's Stealth Rock. Miltank has almost no issue with setting it up, with only one weakness and good defensive stats. Miltank's second trick is Heal Bell, which gives any statused sweeper on your team a chance to sweep again. Miltank can then use Milk Drink to give itself durability and a chance to continue using Heal Bell, or to spread status with a 30% paralyzing attack in Body Slam. Miltank's useful Thick Fat ability allows it to counter common UU Pokemon such as Moltres and Arcanine.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p>184 Speed EVs allow Miltank to outspeed max Speed Moltres and Rotom, two huge threats that Miltank may encounter can face. Since most opponents would expect Curse Miltank, you can very easily surprise and sometimes kill these weakened Pokemon. The rest of the EVs can be put into HP and Defense, allowing Miltank to take attacks, such as Scyther U-turn, much more handily. These EVs can also be transfered transferred to Special Defense to create a makeshift Rotom or even Mismagius counter, although it requires using Rock Slide is required over Stealth Rock in order to hit them. Rotom cannot even rely on burning Miltank as Miltank can just Heal Bell to cure of the status (and help the rest of her team).</p>

<p>As with any Pokemon using Stealth Rock, partnering it with a sweeper to abuse it with that abuses entry hazards is surely appreciated. Slower Pokemon that also benefit from paralysis would be ideal, as they are generally less frail and sometimes much stronger than faster Pokemon. Pokemon that rely on Rest and Sleep Talk also benefit as partners to Miltank, as they can sponge take hits and have Miltank rid them of their status effects sleep next time she it comes out.</p>

<p>Miltank is a very effective wall, being able to taking hits from both physical and special attackers spectrums, but unfortunately, it doesn't have the special bulk of Chansey or the physical bulk of Regirock. Repeated hits from Pokemon such as Scyther or Venusaur will take Miltank down, and will force Miltank to keep relying on Milk Drink. Other walls, such as Milotic or Registeel, can make things very difficult for Miltank, such as Milotic or Registeel, as Miltank has no way to boost its own Attack with this set. It is best to use this Miltank only as a pivot, switching in to Heal Bell or Stealth Rock, and then trying to spread status a few times with Body Slam.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Although Miltank prefers to play more defensively with its sets, Miltank it still has offensive assets in its base 100 Speed, a respectable Attack, and a STAB attack with a regular Base Power of 120. Miltank becomes a very powerful sweeper with a Life Orb, outspeeding and OHKOing many common threats.

<p>Double-Edge is Miltank's strongest physical attack (with the exception of Giga Impact), which can easily 2HKO even the most bulkiest of threats. Earthquake provides coverage versus Steelix and Registeel, while Heal Bell can also relieve Miltank of any status ailements she is given ailments it has received. Miltank's base 100 Speed can outspeed almost every Fire-type in UU, almost all of which can be OHKOed by Earthquake. With constant Life Orb recoil, as well as Double-edge recoil recoil from Life Orb as well as Double-Edge, Milk Drink keeps is needed to keep Miltank healthy and able to sweep longer.</p>

<p>Return can be used over Double-Edge if recoil is too worrisome. However, the lack of power will make Pokemon such as Milotic or and Venusaur much more daunting to face foes. Toxic can be used instead of Earthquake as a scouting device, allowing Miltank to scout for any common counters. However, Miltank can outspeed and do substantial damage to Arcanine and Drapion wtih Earthquake, making Earthquake the preferred option.</p>

[Additional Comments]

<p>Entry hazards are very important for Miltank, letting her 2HKO some variants of Milotic as well as OHKOing many more possible threats. Moltres is an excellent partner to Miltank, as Miltank can easily wear down potential counters such as Milotic or and Chansey, while Moltres can switch in on take Fighting-type attacks directed at Miltank much more easily. Mismagius makes another good partner, as Miltank can often lure in and OHKO opposing Mismagius, as well as lure in counters to other sets such as Registeel. Although Miltank might may not faint Registeel, she it will often force Registeel's hand into either using Explosion or taking a loss of 70% HP.</p>

<p>The best counter to this Miltank is just keeping a faster pace. Miltank will slowly wear itself out with recoil from Life Orb or Double-Edge, allowing other Pokemon to simply clean up pick it off later. Hitmontop can Intimidate Miltank, cutting its Attack, or and even use Mach Punch to deal plenty of damage. Rhyperior is not 2HKOed by Earthquake and can use the opportunity time to set up a Rock Polish, or abuse Choice Banded attacks. Scarf Fighting-types will force Miltank out and slowly wear down teammates with Close Combat.</p>

[Team Options]
<p>Entry hazards are appreciated with every Pokemon, but Miltank's Mooffensive and Curse sets use them very effectively. Toxic Spikes also has a lot of use with the Curse set, allowing Miltank to set up as the opponent is slowly worn down.</p>

<p>The Curse and Mootility sets are focused around more defensive styles of play, so Pokemon that can slow down the game to your pace are much more effective teammates. Milotic, for example, can serve as a defensive pivot and play check to Miltank counters such as Registeel, Rhyperior, and Steelix. Ghost-types, such as Rotom or Spiritomb, can use their immunities and bulk to give Miltank relief from Fighting-type attacks or other strong physical attacks.</p>

[Optional Changes]
<p>Miltank doesn't really have any other sets worth using. A Choice Band set can hit somewhat hard and has some unique options with the elemental punches and Zen Headbutt, but Kangaskhan outclasses Miltank with Sucker Punch and a higher base Attack. Miltank's only other viable option is Counter, which it can use as is or alongside Curse with Curse or as a stand-aloneset. Chople Berry and Counter can help Miltank lure in Fighting-types and OHKO them back.</p>

[Counters]
<p>Fighting-type attacks are generally the strongest type of attack in UU, and they happen to be Miltank's only weakness. Hitmontop, Primeape, Hitmonlee, Poliwrath, Toxicroak, and Hariyama all present huge problems toward Miltank. Steel-types and bulky Rock-types are all big threats for Miltank as well, resisting Miltank's STAB attacks and usually dealing significant damage back to Miltank.</p>

<p>Encore and Taunt can stop any set up or healing that Miltank might try, and will generally force Miltank out. On the Curse set, Haze Milotic can easily rid any boosts Miltank gets and will not run out of Haze PP remove any boosts that Miltank might have gotten; and with Haze's massive PP, Miltank cannot hope to stall it out . Venusaur can help defeat Milotic, but opposing Venusaur can be a serious obstacle for Miltank, Sleep Powdering her Miltank and then proceed to set up setting up Swords Dance or using Leech Seed.</p>

fixed spacing problems, capitalisations, some awkward and repetitive prose, also you kept switching back and forth between 'it' and 'her' for miltank so i changed it all to 'it'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)