The set for Stallbat is as follows:

Crobat @ Leftovers/Focus Sash
252 Hp/132 Spe/120 Sp.D
Timid
-Toxic
-Roost/Whirlwind/Zen Headbutt
-Substitute
-Protect

What does this set do? Well, it simply allows you to outstall most everything not poison-resistant. Toxic is there as your staple stall move, racking up damage as they stay in. Substitute is there because of the fact that crobat will move first on everything nonboosted, bar the other few base 130's. All the other base 130's can OHKO crobat anyway. Roost is the move of choice next set, allowing you to exist indefinatly if you can predict switches well. Whirlwind allows you to switch around steels and poisons who absorb your toxics, while racking up residual damage from spikes + SR. Zen Headbutt will take care of the very uncommon poison-type (GENGAR) who wants to ruin your fun. In addition, steels can be hit for not-very-effective damage, with a flinch chance.

EV's provided allow you to outrun +1 gyara, Scarftar, and several other threats. 252 HP for the bulk to possibly take a hit or two Toxicing something.

Made by me. :D

Tested and confirmed! Works in ~85% of situations midgame.

Sorry but im going to have to reject this because it simply isn't efficient.. Unlike other Subroosters such as zapdos, it is not able to do anything to Steels. Phazing kills your strategy entirely. It is unable to pressure stall like zapdos can. It is very physically weak. Try to post future sets in the correct format. The Utility bat Crobat set generally does anything this set aims to do except better.

QC Rejected 1/3

Bloo

Banned deucer.
I'm sorry, but I don't see this set working effectively. First of all, why did you slash in Focus Sash as an alternative item choice when you have Roost + Substitute? There's absolutely no need for Focus Sash if you're going to be replenishing your health with Roost, and losing 25% of your health when you decide to set up a Substitute. Not to mention that the ever-so prevalent Stealth Rock ruins Focus Sash.

The real problem with this set, as Megan Fox stated, is its inability to deal damage. Zen Headbutt offer extremely poor coverage and won't be hitting anything for significant damage. Additionally, if you opt to use Whirlwind in the second move slot, Crobat will have no attacking move, leaving it susceptible to Taunt and several other Pokémon (notably Steel-types). If Crobat happens to get paralyzed as well, it will become dead weight, as well.

You stated that your Crobat EVs allow you to outpace Choice Scarf Tyranitar - this is false. Your Crobat reaches a maximum Speed stat of 361 with the given EVs, while Choice Scarf Tyranitar reaches 364 with a Jolly nature and maximum investment in Speed. This means that Tyranitar can easily come in on a Zen Headbutt, giving it an opportunity to retaliate with a STAB Stone Edge, since it's faster.

Also, is there a reason you're running Timid on Crobat? Timid lowers Crobat's Attack stat, so I don't see why you listed it over, say, Jolly. Lastly, your reasoning for Zen Headbutt was "take care of the very uncommon Poison-type (GENGAR) who wants to ruin your fun". Gengar is a very common Pokémon, so I'm not sure what you're getting at there. Secondly, Gengar can't KO you with the typical moves it runs on an LO set, so Brave Bird would be a better option than Zen Headbutt. Even though it gives recoil, it provides Crobat with a STAB move, gives better coverage, and is stronger than Zen Headbutt, making it the better all-around choice.

All in all, I'm not sold on this set. Some of the information in the OP of your thread is incorrect, which also turned me off.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Bloo's post reflects exactly the way I feel about this set. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to vote against the addition of this set to Crobat's onsite analysis.

Feel free to come with another proposition in the future. Locking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)