move 2: Charge Beam / Substitute / Agility
move 3: Charge Beam / Substitute / Agility
move 4: Encore
nature: Timid
Ability: Motor Drive
item: Red Card / Rugged Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

Set Comments:
  • High Speed, especially when paired with Motor Drive (DW only) makes it easy to Baton Pass
  • Good typing makes it easy to switch in, although low defences don't make it that easy
  • Variety of options to Baton Pass, namely SpA through Charge Beam and Substitutes
Additional Comments:
  • EVs give maximum staying power and speed is maxed to always outpace Garchomp
  • Agility is possible, especially for teammates like Genosect and Doryuuzu
  • Red Card is handy for messing around with the foe's team, letting Emonga set up even more, but Rugged Helmet means that since Emonga is likely to die in one hit, it can at least do something back and make it easier for the next Pokemon to KO the foe.
Teammates & Counters:
  • Gyarados, Suicune and Kerudio can switch to Emonga to nab a Motor Drive boost
  • Dugtrio outspeeds and is immune to Charge Beam, Erufuun resists Charge Beam and can Taunt or Encore.
  • Anything faster with Taunt and isn't hurt by Charge Beam can do
[SET]
name: Team Support
move 1: Taunt
move 2: Encore
move 3: U-turn
move 4: Volt Change
nature: Hasty
ability: Motor Drive
item: Leftovers
evs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

Set Comments:
  • Encore and Taunt from a high-speed are great for messing with the opponent
  • Choices for switching out safely to a teammate from both physical and special offense
Additional Comments:
  • Light Screen is an option over Taunt or Encore
  • Emonga has low HP/Bulk, so be careful when switching it in
Teammates & Counters:
  • Encore allows nearly anything to switch into a resisted/immunity move and set-up, like Doryuuzu or Genosect
  • Taunt stops Skarmory or Erufuun from setting up on you
  • Anything that resists Elec/Bug and can outspeed Emonga can usually kill it without worry.
  • Top counters are Sand Throw Doryuuzu and Terakion for having strong rock-moves
[Team Options]
  • Anything that lures Ground/Electric, like Doryuuzu and Kerudio respectively
  • Low bulk, so try keeping Stealth Rock off the field
  • Encore helps team members
  • Having things that can switch into Rock and Ice moves are good partners
[Optional Changes]

• Electra Ball has high power vs slow opponents but don't expect miracles
  • Thunderbolt, Wilt Volt, Air Slash and Acrobat are all attacking options
  • Can use Rain Dance with STAB Thunder
[Counters]
  • Fast Ground-types like Sand Throw Doryuuzu and Dugtrio or Jolteon can wall it and either KO it or set-up and force it out
  • It will die very quickly to any strong STAB attack or priority like Roopooshin's Mach Punch
  • Very weak overall, so just keep attacking it

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Should probably mention somewhere that it is totally offensively outclassed by Borutorosu who can go mixed, gets Nasty Plot, and gets better stats in EVERYTHING.

Okay, this is finished, but Zy didn't bump it like I asked him to so I totally missed it. Marked as done.

EDIT: Please for the love of God remember the proper format. Also, the [Other Options] section has been deprecated for more than a year (I think) now, so please remember to use the proper [Optional Changes] tag instead.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think Zy is gone (not for good but he goes to Boarding School), so I'll fix this up in a little bit. Let me watch the orientation for my college first, then I'll fix this up. Also, not personal attack, just clarifying:
Also, the [Other Options] section has been deprecated for more than a year (I think) now,
It hasn't been quite a year since the update yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)