Damage Calculator (and other utilities)

Jibaku said UT is the best place for this
If you argue with "you can't know the formula!!", I'll say I am using the gen 4 damage formula available on Smogon with the gen 5 alterations being placed in the most logical member of the equation. For example, the boost from Encourage is placed in the same place as the boost from Iron Fist, the BP mod, while the Multiscale deduction is placed together with the Solid Rock factor, in mod3.

All the features are:

Competitive Stuff
A damage calculator that includes Gen 5 Pokémon, moves, abilities and items

...with a tool to quickly export results into chats, posts etc (you can ctrl-c that)

A team weaknesses calculator

A moveset coverage calculator

A team synergy calculator

A stat calculator

Informational Stuff

A beautiful type chart

...which also has a tool for you lazy pricks to figure out dual-typing matchups

A beautiful, organized Pokédex updated with Gen 5 Pokémon that contains relevant information. The information contained for each Poké is: number, name, type 1, type 2, base stats, matchups for each type, abilities (including DW), base exp, EV wield, catch rate, height, weight, species, color and habitat.

A move list

An ability list

A nature list

A TM/HM list for Black and White, complete with locations and prices

Download

This is it. Please appoint any bugs, errors or suggestions here. I'll do my best to fix them and add nice new features!

Wow, this is basically the best thing ever. <3

One problem: I don't think Brazen is the official name for raising attack after kills, the general consensus is Overconfidence. Might want to edit that.

Other than that, beautiful.

This is incredible, it has everything I need for competetive Pokemon teambuilding (almost) in one! No more hopping around to figure out type coverage/team weaknesses/w.e! Thanks!

Thanks for the positive feedback :)
I uploaded a new version (4.8.6) that fixes some references to the wrong cell in the damage calculation cells (supposed to refer to ability, didn't, thus ability would have no effect) and added support for Venom Shock and Evil Eye double damage.
Changed all Earthquake Spiral and Brazen references to Overconfidence as suggested by GtM, although it has no effect in the damage calculator.

Can u fix those bugs in 2003 that u said there could be many, cuz i prefer 2003, it's much easier to use

Talk properly Manxer.

Anyways it isn't likely that he is going to fix the 2003 bugs for one person while you could easily update your microsoft.

Great work, seems very usable.

One little thing I noticed in the stat calculator was that there's a difference in final stats when the EVs are 255 and 252 respectively.

As far as we all know, those 3 EV shouldn't make any difference at all. Might be a kinda meh thing. but just like to keep it looking perfect ;)

Edit: This happens in all the + Natures

Aeron Ee1

Nom nom nom
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Fuck. You, sir, are amazing! Never will I be unable to Theorymon when my Internet is down, ever again!

It lists Enbuoo's dream world ability as thick fat in the damage calculator, should be reckless

also is there a way to get the damage calculator to say the chance for 2HKOs or 3HKOs? I can't figure that out

Will this work on OpenOffice Spreadsheet?
I don't know. Ete has had success in running it so I think so. Maybe with some bugs...

It doesn't work on my mac because of the macros =/

Never fear, I have PCs at home.
Well, if I recall correctly, these are all the things that depend on macros:
  • Moveset Coverage Calculator
  • Exporting Tool in the Damage Calculator
  • All the buttons in Damage Calculator
You should be able to run it without macros and still have all the other features

Can u fix those bugs in 2003 that u said there could be many, cuz i prefer 2003, it's much easier to use
Well, around 500 of the 600 are due to formatting. The other 100 may be functional but I will never be sure if you never tell me what's going wrong.

Great work, seems very usable.

One little thing I noticed in the stat calculator was that there's a difference in final stats when the EVs are 255 and 252 respectively.

As far as we all know, those 3 EV shouldn't make any difference at all. Might be a kinda meh thing. but just like to keep it looking perfect ;)

Edit: This happens in all the + Natures
Fixed. Thanks!

It lists Enbuoo's dream world ability as thick fat in the damage calculator, should be reckless

also is there a way to get the damage calculator to say the chance for 2HKOs or 3HKOs? I can't figure that out
Thanks, fixed Enbuoo!

For the 2HKO or 3HKO, I may add in the future something that calculates multi-turn KOs involving things like Leftovers, Poison, Sandstorm and Leech Seed.

But for now, you could just deduct the average damage from the defender and then run another calculation.

---/---

Thanks for the positive feedback!
I uploaded a new version (4.8.7) which contains bug fixes and a few new Pokémon sets for Gen 5 Pokémon that are common.

I don't know. Ete has had success in running it so I think so. Maybe with some bugs...
I had a go at both versions using OpenOffice.
The damage calculator (which is what I really want to work):
The Excel2007 version has "Error 511" or something in the damage boxes.
Excel2003 has "Error520".
So no luck, but I'll have another go.

EDIT: When I open it up, it says something like:
"This spreadsheet contains links to other files. Update these links?"
No matter whether I pick yes or no, I get the errors.

EDIT2: Here are what the error messages mean:
Err:511 Missing variable: The function requires more variables than are provided, e.g. AND() and OR() without parameter.
Err:520 Internal syntax error: The compiler created an unknown compiler code.

^^^^
What he said.
Also, If I click on a box such as the ability box, it doesn't give me a drop down menu, if just gives me a long line of numbers that won't go away and I have to restart the program.

It appears you're using the PO translations, correct? Perhaps mention that in the OP, to get rid of any confusion regarding that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)