Chou Toshio vs. Athenodoros (Ref: Acklow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Welcome to the Chou Toshio vs. Athenodoros!

So that people get this rule clear, please do not post in this thread until the battle is officially over. Thank you.

2 v 2
singles
3 Day DQ
1 recover move, 3 chills
Arena: A thick tropical jungle with moss and ferns growing on almost every surface and thick brush. The understory is caste in shadow, and visibility can be difficult in some areas. The air is humid, and it can be difficult to breath for pokemon from arid areas.

By me :D
Switch=OK
Items Disabled
No abilities

Alright, so since the rules are pretty clear here, let me go over how things are going to run:

Chou Toshio sends his first mon.
Athenodoros responds with his own and his list of actions this round.
Chou Toshio responds with his list of actions this round.
I ref.
Chou Toshio posts his commands.
Athenodoros responds with his list of actions.
I ref.
Etc.

Let the battle begin!!

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Okay. If they are starting strong then we will too! Go, Nidhogg!

Male Dratini (*), "Nidhogg"

Nature: Hasty.

Nidhogg, start off with a Rain Dance. After that, use Thunder for as long as possible, or until the weather is changed. If you still have time left, use Thunder Wave, or Dragon Pulse if he is already paralysed.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Scyther, duck into the thick jungle-- the denser the canopy the better. If the rain can't get to us, the thunder can't either. Rather, with your ninja-like stealth and this thick forest, let's hide completely and swords dance up in peace. Let's show that little water worm the difference in arena advantage. Try to get up 2 Swords Dance, and use the spin of Swords Dance to also block any stray attacks that may manage to find you.

From there, we will strike from the shadows-- unfortunately, no Technician this battle so we will use X-Scissor. (alternative) Quick Attack to dodge more direct attacks or get the last strike in-- if on some odd chance we get paralyzed, we will have to rely on this even more.

Acklow

Scyther [Akaba] (Male)
Nature: Adamant
Health: 100
Energy: 100%
Boosts: None
Other: None

Dratini [Nidhogg] (Male)
Nature: Hasty
Health: 90

Begin Round 1!

Daaaa, da da da da dum-dum! Daaaa, da da da da da dum-dum-dum-dum! (Pokemon Theme playing in the background)

Welcome to this exciting match-up between Bug Catcher Chou Toshio and the amazing Ace Trainer Athenodoros! We find ourselves today in the middle of a tropical jungle! Currently, the atmosphere is slightly humid because of the warm temperatures and the sun is in the sky. Of course the canopy of our arena here today is thickly lined with lots of exotic trees. And it seems like the two trainers are getting ready with their Pokemon! Chou Toshio starts off the match by sending out his Scyther, well known as Akaba the Scyther. Athenodoros responds by sending out his Dratini, Nidhogg the Dratini to be exact. And the match is now in session!

Well the audience should be ready with a thrill tonight, as the match-up is quite serious. Akaba and Nidhogg stare off at one another, and within the blink of an eye, Akaba disappears! It seems like Akaba wants to play this match using the terrain to his advantage folks! In fact, we find him hiding behind a tree that's approximately 40 feet away from Nidhogg, and it looks like he's beginning to dance in some sort of a ritual. The way he's spinning seems like he's attempting to pull a Swords Dance folks! Let's take a look at what Nidhogg is doing. It seems like Akaba isn't the only one that's dancing! Nidhogg is taking part in a separate ritual, an old ritual called the Rain Dance! In fact, rain appears to be falling down on the arena!

It appears that Akaba won't be stopping his Swords Dance anytime soon folks, so a little entertainment coming from a flying preying mantis should be quite a blast for the kids! Nidhogg, however, seems to be having other plans! In fact, the little dragon hatchling appears to be settling in to fire something. WHOA!!! It's a large beam of electricity! This means that it could be none other than a Thunder attack!! Will the attack hit the unsuspecting Akaba?!! Most likely not! Nidhogg just doesn't have the vision to see Akaba under all of this massive rain shower and jungle brush! However, it seems like Akaba was unable to evade the aftershock so he still was hit by a bit of the electricity.

The hurt Akaba seems distraught and a bit unhappy about his situation. Chou yells to Akaba to attack. Akaba holds up both of its sharp frontal appendages, which begin to glow. What is the meaning of this? Why, it appears that Akaba is readying itself to strike!! It zooms around the trees and straight towards Nidhogg, slashing diagonally at Nidhogg with a precise and painful X-Scissor!!! Nidhogg, however doesn't seem like he was caught off guard. Noticing the movement in the brush, Nidhogg braces itself and starts charging another Thunder attack. The attack hits just as Akaba slashes at Nidhog! The power of the attack is so great, that it paralyzes Akaba!!! What were the odds!!! Such a powerful blast and right at the wrong time for Akaba. It seems like the match is beginning to turn in favor of Nidhog!

End Round 1

Field Effects:
The brush and undergrowth is limiting accuracy and evasiveness. Rain is falling (4 more rounds in effect). Puddles are beginning to appear on the jungle floor.

Scyther [Akaba] (Male)
Health: 76
Energy: 78%
Boosts: +3 Atk
Other: Paralyzed (15% Chance of Paralysis)

Dratini [Nidhogg] (Male)
Health: 67
Energy: 72%

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
At least we've managed to get our Swords Dances up. +3 Attack with your already massive attack power v. dratini's piddly defenses and -def nature-- sounds good to me!

Combo Attack with X-Scissor and Quick Attack, combining massive power with the priority to break out Paralysis' speed loss. If you get paralyzed the first round of movement, use this in the second round.

In the third round, gauge the distance-- if you're close enough, use X-Scissor, if you get knocked farther away somehow, use Quick Attack

Athenodoros

BOUNCE TO THE BEAT!

Anyway, Nidhogg, I want you to use combine Haze and Extremespeed to get rid of those boosts before it can attack. Then just use Thunder one more time: we can break it down bit by bit!

Acklow

Scyther [Akaba] (Male)
Health: 76
Boosts: +3 Atk
Other: Paralyzed (15% Chance of Paralysis)

Dratini [Nidhogg] (Male)
Health: 67
Energy: 72%

Begin Round 2!

Welcome to another round in the exciting match between Bug Catcher Chou Toshio and Ace Trainer Athendoros! In the last round, we found that Akaba had been setting itself up for a massive attack. Nidhogg, of course, didn't want such a thing to happen, as it began to dance around, causing a downpour of rain. Akaba then charged Nidhogg, slashing him with a powerful X-Scissor. Nidhogg responded by firing a powerful electrical attack at Akaba, resulting in Akaba being paralyzed. Nidhogg now has the advantage over Akaba since Akaba lacks the speed it used to have in order to fight against Nidhogg. However, Akaba is adamant about finishing this half of the battle strong, and is ready for another round.

Akaba starts off by suddenly breaking its paralysis by rushing in with a Quick Attack. The dust behind him rises up as his wings flutter at a high speed, flying straight towards Nidhogg. Nidhogg follows the suit by charging at Akaba at an Extremespeed. His slithering body moving at an agile speed that is remarkable for a hatchling dragon. The Pokemon clash head-on into one another.

Akaba, attempting to use the high speed to his advantage, raises his appendages (which begin to glow a fluorescent green) and slashes diagonally at Nidhogg. His high powered X-Scissor successfully hacks at Nidhogg. Nidhogg, however responds by cooling the cold rain around him, causing a hazy fog to appear. The Haze suddenly makes Akaba a bit insecure, removing his boosted confidence (from Swords Dance).

The two Pokemon, being at such close range, attack each other once again. This time, Nidhogg charges an electrical beam and fires it towards Akaba. The Thunder attack strikes Akaba, the searing pain of the bolt of lightning, coursing through his body. Feeling slightly enraged, Akaba slashes down at Nidhogg with his glowing appendages again. The X-Scissor cleaving a small amount of Nidhogg's skin, causing small cuts to appear.

Both Pokemon appear to be in a small clearing, standing about 2m away from one another.

End Round 2

Field Effects:

The brush and undergrowth is limiting accuracy and evasiveness. Rain is falling (3 more rounds in effect). The puddles are growing larger and larger, signs of an impending flood are beginning to appear. There is a haze close to the battlers, limiting accuracy and evasiveness even more.​

Scyther [Akaba] (Male)
Health: 50
Energy: 63%
Other: Paralyzed (10% Chance of Paralysis)

Dratini [Nidhogg] (Male)
Health: 10
Energy: 52%

Athenodoros

Damn, I thought Extremespeed > Quick Attack. Looks like you're for it, Nidhogg. This round just get as many Thunders off as you can, but if he tries to Swords Dance then use Haze straight away. We don't need that again. Hopefully we will get some paralysis this time.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
No offense, but I'd find it a bit broken if you could use Extremespeed as a +2 Mischevious Heart . . . up to judges I guess . . .

1st Round) Quick Attack, combine with X-Scissor if we don't get paralyzed.

2nd Round) Inaction if Q-Attack + X-Scissor went off (since I used a combo move). Quick Attack if we do get paralyzed 1st round.

3rd Round) Quick Attack

. . . the opponent is on its last legs and we're going to aim to take it out without giving it the chance to Thunder. In any case, finish it off while giving it the least chance to attack as possible. Since the opponent has graciously not used Ex-Speed, we can confident in taking the priority advantage.

Acklow

Scyther [Akaba] (Male)
Health: 50
Energy: 63%
Other: Paralyzed (10% Chance of Paralysis)

Dratini [Nidhogg] (Male)
Health: 10
Energy: 52%

Begin Round 3!

Welcome back! The weekend was certainly eventful, since Acklow's Berry Pies was full of reservations that needed to be worked on.

This is the battle between Chou Toshio and Athenodoros, and we are back for another exciting round of action! Chou's Scyther, Akaba, has been dominating the match with its wild firepower. With little problems, it has taken on Athenodoros' Dratini, Nidhogg. The rain continues to fall on the ground as the two battlers get their next moves ready. A fog has settled around them.

As the battle continues, Akaba tries to Quick Attack Nidhogg, but just as he tries to fire up his wings, he cramps up due to paralysis!! Unable to attack Akaba cringes as Nidhogg charges up a powerful spark. Nidhogg fires a large amount of electricity, the Thunder rippling through the sky and suddenly a massive bolt smashes itself into Akaba.

Akaba tries to Quick Attack Nidhogg again, and this time pulls through successfully. Powerfully hitting the dragon hatchling with the blunt side of its claws. Nidhogg's body flies through the air, the sudden impact upon the ground causing him to full unconcious. Nidhogg has been knocked out.

End Round 3

Field Effects:

The brush and undergrowth is limiting accuracy and evasiveness. Rain is falling (2 more rounds in effect). The puddles are growing larger and larger, signs of an impending flood are beginning to appear. There is a haze close to the battlers, limiting accuracy and evasiveness even more.​

Scyther [Akaba] (Male)
Health: 34
Energy: 60%
Other: Paralyzed (5% Chance of Paralysis)

Athenodoros, please choose your next Pokemon. Chou Toshio attacks first, then Athenodoros.

Edit: I realized that a minor update was made to paralysis. Paralysis degrades by 5% at the end of every round, and therefore, I have updated the amounts to mirror the changes in the rules.

Athenodoros

Okay, I will send out Mudkipz, aka Poseidon:

Male Mudkipz (*), "Poseidon"

Nature: Brave

I assume that I go second here, like at the start of a match.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
Wow, it's been so long since this has been updated! Thanks for messaging me guys-- or else I never would have known, considering the last move was back on Feb 24th!

1st Round Swords Dance, use the spin to soften the blow from incoming attacks, especially spinning off water one.

2nd Round Quick-Attack, if we don't get paralyzed, combine with X-Scissor

3rd Round Inaction if Q-Attack + X-Scissor went off (since I used a combo move). Quick Attack if we do get paralyzed 2nd round.

We got to deal as much damage as possible!

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Taking over this match with the approval of Chou Toshio and Athenodoros.

Scyther [Akaba] (Male)
Health: 34
Energy: 60%
Boosts: +2 Atk
Other: 5% PAR

Welcome back this match between Bug Catcher Chou Toshio and Athenodoros!

To start this interesting round off, Akaba begins to dance around, as though it were holding a sword. Meanwhile, Poseidon, god of the sea bides its time, waiting to counterattack.

Akaba then savages Poseidon with a combination of X-Scissor and Quick Attack, doing very hefty damage to it. Poseidon winces, but continues to charge up energy.

The next turn, Akaba rests after its combination move of the previous turn, and Poseidon strikes back. He blows out his charged energy gathered with his wounds, and does crippling damage to Akaba. Akaba in fact, does not have enough health to take the attack! It faints, leaving a battered Poseidon on the field, awaiting its next opponent.

Poseidon gains a KO counter!

Scyther [Akaba] (Male)
Health: KO
Energy: KO
Boosts: KO
Other: KO

Health: 57

CHou Toshio, your next Pokemon, and then, Athenodoros, your orders please.

Athenodoros

lol, cause he's going to do anything else.

Waterfall => Surf => Waterfall

I think that I still have rain this round from my first rain dance, but if not then Rain Dance => Waterfall => Surf

Chou Toshio

Over9000
On the actions where he Water Falls (a close range move), try to dodge with String Shot swings, like Spider Man-- we got plenty of Jungle to run around, and unlike Thunder, Water moves are not guaranteed to hit. If that's not possible, then just Bug Bite. Against Surf, Bug Bite.

Destiny Warrior

Caterpie [Dikk Knight] (Male)
Nature: Jolly
Energy: 100

Health: 57

Welcome back to Athenodoros Vs Chou Toshio!

Dikk Knight begins to swing around like Spiderman using String Shot, and Poseidon finds it hard to get an opening. However, Dikk Knight suddenly crashes into a tree, and while Poseidon takes some minor damage due to a fruit falling down, it manages to partly use Waterfall! Unfortunately, only 1/3rd of it actually connected, since Dikk Knight still managed to retain some semblance of control.

Dikk Knight moves in for a Bug Bite, and as it waddles forward, Poseidon draws water from a nearby estuary and uses a massive Surf on Dikk Knight! However, Dikk Knight still manages to get in its attack.

Dikk Knight tries to pull off its earlier trick, but this time Poseidon is prepared. Timings its jump right, it collides into Dikk Knight with Waterfall, managing to do 2/3rds of normal damage this time. Chou Toshio appears to be at a disadvantage here, but who will prevail?

Health: 51
Energy: 89

Health: 43
Energy: 62%

Chou Toshio, your orders please.

Destiny Warrior

Health: 51
Energy: 89

Health: 43
Energy: 62%

Welcome back to Chou Toshio Vs Athenodoros!

Poseidon goes first, biding its time, ready to strike back at the end of the whole turn. Dikk Knight bravely pushes forward with 3 Bug Bites, doing a total of 27 damage, but the damage is swiftly fired back into its face for a whopping 54 damage, KOing the brave Caterpie! Good game both of you!

Health: KO
Energy: KO
Boosts: KO
Other: KO

Health: 16
Energy: 42%

Rewards
Chou Toshio: 2 TC
Akaba: 1 EC, 1 MC, 1 DC, 1 KO counter
Dikk Knight: 1 EC, 1 MC, 1 DC

Athenodoros: 2 TC
Niddhogg: 1 EC, 1 MC, 1 DC
Poseidon: 1 EC, 1 MC, 1 DC, 2 KO counters

Destiny Warrior: 2 RC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)