Athenodoros vs. Doran Dragon (Ref: Acklow)

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Welcome to Athenodoros vs. Doran Dragon!

So that people get this rule clear, please do not post in this thread until the battle is officially over. Thank you.

The rules for this match are:

2v2 Doubles
DQ: 4 days
Switch: OK
Items: Disabled
No abilities
Restricted moves: 2 uses of Rest etc. and 5 chills.
Arena: A large cavern with a whole ecosystem of life living inside. Crystals line the sides of the cave reflecting light from a hole in the ceiling. The light produces a watery reflection on the cave walls and on the vegitation growing. The vegitation is very similar in structure and function as the kind that live above under the golden sun. The differences are that most of the shrubs and smalls trees have glowing flowers and are half the size of above ground vegitation. Many never before seen bug and grass pokemon live in the darkness surrounding the battle field. They can be hostile if threatened or their habitat is threatened. If fire or excessive damage is done, there is chance that the wild pokemon will attack the fighting pokemon. They do 5-10 Bug or Grass damage under those circumstances to all pokemon.
Summery:
Feild Attributes
Digging is allowed
Lots of flying area for aerial battle
Flamable
Very bright in the middle of the field
Very dark on the outskirts of the field
Feild effects
Type bonuses for Grass and Bug.
Chance for the vegitation to burn giving all pokemon around it a burn status
Chance for swarm attacks doing 5-10 Bug or Grass damage under specific circumstances to all pokemon
And for both of the trainers in this match, this is how the first round will roll:
-Athenodoros sends out his Pokemon
-Doran Dragon responds with his Pokemon and presents his actions
-Athenodoros responds with his actions
-I ref

PM me your teams and let's get this battle on the road!!

lol Atheno, its a double battle! Choose two pokemon!

Ok, Rocky, Hoot-chan! Lets go!

Rocky, First, you need to set up with two hardens, then if possible, use rollout!
Hoot-chan, your the disrupter in this battle! Supersonic the mudkip, then the dratini and hypnosis the mudkip!

Rocky: Harden>>>Harden>>>Rollout on dratini
Hoot-chan: Supersonic on mudkip>>>Supersonic on dratini>>>Hypnosis on mudkip

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
lol, I thought that we alternated as we sent out Pokemon. Oh well.

You obviously know Poseidon:

Male Mudkipz (*), "Poseidon"

Nature: Brave

Anyway, you two, lets get started!

Nid-Hogg, I want you to use Thunder Wave on Hoot-chan, and then, if Poseidon has made it rain, use Thunder on Hoot-chan twice to try to get rid of it quickly. If there is no rain, use Wrap on Hoot-chan and then Thunder if there is rain, or if there is still no rain then use Rain Dance!

Poseidon, I want you to keep using Rain Dance until it is raining, and then just keep using Surf over both of the opponents.

Acklow

Athenodoros: AA

Nidhogg (M) | Posiedon (M)
Nature: Hasty | Nature: Brave
Health: 90 | Health: 90
Energy: 100% | Energy: 100%
Boosts: None | Boosts: None
Other: None | Other: None

Doran Dragon: AA

Rocky (M) | Hoot-chan (F)
Nature: Adamant | Nature: Modest
Health: 90 | Health: 100
Energy: 100% | Energy: 100%

Round 1 Begin!

Welcome to the CAP ASB Network (CAN, I guess...)! Today, we will be witnessing a battle between the adamant Athenodoros and the daring Doran Dragon. Both trainers have stationed themselves in a large, unexplored cavern. The light of the sunshine only appears to be shining through a light in the ceiling, making this one light and dark battle, folks! Athenodoros begins the match by sending out his Dratini, Nidhogg out. Doran Dragon laughs, and yells back, "Hey dude, this is a double match!! We both agreed to it, so send your second Pokemon out!" Doran Dragon then follows his words up by sending out his Onix, Rocky and his Hoothoot, Hoot-chan out. Athenodoros blushes, appearing to be a bit embarrassed saying, "Oh, I forgot about that, I guess I mixed this up with the rules of a singles match!" He follows up by sending out his Mudkip, Posiedon. Looks like the trainers are ready folks!

The first move of the match is initiated by Rocky, as he begins to sit over in a corner of the cavern, Hardening his already tough and rocky (-_-) skin (?). Nidhogg slithers towards Hoot-chan and then jumps into the air, snapping his tail towards the unsuspecting bird. He fires an electrical pulse in the form of a Thunder Wave into Hoot-chan, paralyzing her! Clearly uncomfortable, Hoot-chan screeches towards Nidhogg with a Supersonic pulse. The noise slightly confuses Nidhogg! Posiedon then begins to dance around in the cavern. The rotations that he begins to do is causing the humidity within the cavern to increase twofold. Although it hasn't started raining, there is clearly an increase in humidity and heat inside the cavern. Therefore, it looks like Posiedon's Rain Dance isn't all that successful.

As the battle continues, it looks like Rocky is still Hardening himself up for the fight to come to him. The other Pokemon seem to be ignoring him for now. Seeing that there still isn't any rain, Nidhogg jumps back into the air after Hoot-chan and Wraps around her. Both Pokemon plummet to the cavern floor. Meanwhile, it seems that Posiedon is still trying hard to summon rain with a Rain Dance. The humidity swirls around the room and suddenly a small amount of precipitation begins to pour. The Rain Dance is successful! Hoot-chan screeches again with a Supersonic pulse towards Posiedon. The attack is able to hit dead on, intensely confusing Posiedon.

Rocky finally begins to feel an aggression come over him, seeing his teammate in trouble. He begins to roll himself up into a tight ball and then attacking Nidhogg with a Rollout! Rocky's giant body rolls over Nidhogg, crushing both Nidhogg and Hoot-chan. However, the attack frees Hoot-chan from Nidhogg's grip. Although he loses his grasp on Hoot-chan, Nidhogg charges up a massive electrical pulse which he fires at Hoot-chan. The Thunder attack massively electrocutes Hoot-chan, frying her poor body. Confused with the events going on, Posiedon hurts himself in confusion instead of attacking! Hoot-chan takes the advantage of the confusion to stare at Posiedon. Posiedon meets Hoot-chan's gaze, and instantaneously, Hoot-chan releases a mystical energy in the form of Hypnosis which causes Posiedon to fall into an intense sleep.

Rocky is about 10m away from Nidhogg and Hoot-chan, rolled up in a ball. Nidhogg and Hoot-chan are standing 4m apart, Hoot-chan is facing towards Posiedon. Posiedon is lying on the cavern floor 20m away from Hoot-chan and Nidhogg, and 30m away from Rocky.

This certainly has been an interesting round folks!

End Round 1

Field Effects:

It is raining in the cavern, and will continue to rain for four (4) more rounds unless interrupted. Puddles are beginning to appear.​

Athenodoros: AO

Health: 78 | Health: 83
Energy: 82% | Energy: 80%
Other: None | Other: Instense Sleep (Lasts 6 Actions), Intense Confusion (Lasts 5 Actions while awake)

Doran Dragon: AO

Health: 90 | Health: 67
Energy: 85% | Energy: 82%
Boosts: +2 Def | Boosts: None
Other: Rolled up, ready for Rollout (1 Action) | Other: Paralyzed (20% chance of Full Paralysis)

Athenodoros

Well that didn't go too well. Anyway, Nidhogg, this looks like it might be up to you! You use Surf with all the water on the ground, but if that ever stops working then start using Thunder on Hoot-chan instead.

Poseidon, you sit there. If by some miracle you can hear instructions while asleep and wake up and don't decide to hit yourself, just use Surf as much as you can in te time remaining.

Ok, Rocky continue your rollout, hopefully that harden helped to increase damage! Hoot-chan, Do as best you can to both confuse and put nidhogg to sleep, then from there eat mudkips dreams if still possible, if not peck!!

Rocky: Rollout>>>Rollout>>>Rollout
Hoot-chan: Supersonic Nidhogg>>>Hypnosis Nidhogg>>>if mudkip is still asleep, dream eater! if not, peck!

Acklow

Due to the nerfs for Sleep, Attraction, and Confusion, I will be implementing them into the battle from here on out

Health: 78 | Health: 83
Energy: 82% | Energy: 80%
Other: None | Other: Instense Sleep (Lasts 3 Actions), Intense Confusion (Lasts 3 Actions while awake)

Health: 90 | Health: 67
Energy: 85% | Energy: 82%
Other: Rolled up, ready for Rollout (1 Action) | Other: Paralyzed (20% chance of Full Paralysis)

Round 2 Begin!

And we're back! To another magnificent round of Create-A-Pokemon Anime-Style-Battling!!! Herrrrreeee's your host, Acklow!!

Well folks, it's starting to look like this match-up between Athenodoros and Doran Dragon is getting tight! Right now, Rocky is in the wraps, rolling his overgrown stony body onto Doran's Pokemon. Hoot-chan is playing around with her opponents, hypnotizing them and making them all confused and such...Nidhogg appears to be in the slums because his buddy Poseidon got the worst of Hoot-chan's fury. The question for both trainers this round is, "What will you do?"

Well folks, it seems like the battle is going to continue!! The rainy weather in the cave is furiously drizzling upon both trainers and their Pokemon. Rocky continues to Rollout straight towards Nidhogg!! Rocky's rocky body squishes Nidhogg flat!! Nidhogg follows through, gathering the water around the puddles and tries to Surf into both of his opponents. The gathering wave only finds itself 5 feet high, as the water mercifully splashes upon the opposing Pokemon. Poseidon continues to snooze, contrary to his owner's pleas. Hoot-chan, however, isn't going to let any amount of water mess her up, she fires a Supersonic wave at Nidhogg, scoring a direct hit! Nidhogg becomes slightly confused!

Rocky continues his Rollout, going straight for Nidhogg! Nidhogg, of course, seems to busy trying to Surf his attacks into his opponents! The two Pokemon collide!!! Poseidon is still asleep! Hoot-chan flies straight towards Nidhogg. The intensity of Hoot-chan's screeching causes Nidhogg to snap out of confusion, but he looks up at Hoot-chan. Hoot-chan's eyes begin to glow, and her Hypnosis causes Nidhogg to fall into an intense sleep!

From the looks of it folks, Rocky does not seem to be stopping! He just keeps on rolling on and on!! Whenever will he run out of Rollout? He just does not want to stop bothering poor old Nidhogg. Nidhogg is still asleep along with his buddy, Poseidon! They just won't wake up!! Hoot-chan suddenly begins to chant, "Hoot-hoot-hoothoot-hoot-hoot-hoothoot!" It's eyes are beginning to glow! A pink stream of energy appears to be flowing from Poseidon into Hoot-chan's head! Is Hoot-chan eating Poseidon's dreams with Dream Eater? Poseidon seems to be waking up!

Rocky is about 20m from Nidhogg (still Rollingout). Nidhogg is lying about 9m away from Poseidon. Poseidon is sitting up. Hoot-chan is about 4m from Nidhogg and is about 13m from Poseidon. Rocky is 7m from Poseidon.

End Round 2

Field Effects:

It is raining in the cavern, and will continue to rain for four (3) more rounds unless interrupted. A pool of water surrounds Nidhogg. More puddles are beginning to appear.​

Health: 31 | Health: 83
Energy: 75% | Energy: 80%
Other: Instense Sleep (Lasts 2 Actions) | Other: Intense Confusion (Lasts 3 Actions)

Health: 56 | Health: 63
Energy: 64% | Energy: 75%
Other: Rolled up, ready for Rollout (4 Actions) | Other: Paralyzed (15% chance of Full Paralysis)

Ok Rocky with a final Rollout, lets take out that Dratini! From there we need to start worrying about that water type. I need you to Screech so mudkip's defense becomes lowered and quickly boost your own defense with a Harden! Hoot-chan, you doing great! I want you to now eat nidhogg's dreams as well, then follow up by Pecking the mudkip and another Hypnosis!

Rocky: Rollout>>>Screech>>>Harden
Hoot-chan: Dream Eater on Nidhogg>>>Peck>>>Hypnosis

Athenodoros

Okay, you two. Nidhogg, if by some miracle you can hear me, wake up in time and survive a few rounds, just use Thunder as many times as you can on Hoot-chan.

Poseidon, you use Surf the first round, then use Avalanche on Hoot-chan after it uses Peck but before Screech (I believe that is the order of the speeds) and finish up with another Avalanche against Hoot-chan.

Health: 31 | Health: 83
Energy: 75% | Energy: 80%
Other: Instense Sleep (Lasts 2 Actions) | Other: Intense Confusion (Lasts 3 Actions)

Health: 56 | Health: 63
Energy: 64% | Energy: 75%
Other: Rolled up, ready for Rollout (4 Actions) | Other: Paralyzed (15% chance of Full Paralysis)

Round 3 begin!
Welcome, ladies and gentlemen! Our trustworthy host Acklow had trouble keeping up with his reffer job, so here I, Zarator, am to replace him. The show must go on!

Now, where was I... oh yes! The match between our contenders is starting to approach its end in a very tense final. Despite the confusion in his brain, Poseidon can see his mate Nidhogg imprisoned in slumberland. On the other side of the field, Rocky is spinning on itself frantically, at a blinding speed. The same cannot be said for Hoot-chan, who barely manages to move because of the sparks of electricity crippling his wings. What is going to happen next? No other reason to know than sit and watch!

Once again, Rocky shows off its speed and takes the initiative, dashing towards Nidhogg in another Rollout. The sight of his dear companion in such a state of sufferance boosts Poseidon's resolve and gets him to shrug off for a while the confusion and summon a tidal wave to crush his opponents. The Surf heavily damages Rocky, and even Hoot-chan starts to feel tired by the fight! The lil' owl attempts then to suck Nidhogg's remaining energies devouring his dreams, but much to his amazement, the Dratini wakes up! Apparently, the hit from Rollout was so powerful to give him the rude awakening! Eager to take revenge for the beating received, Nidhogg summons a huge lightning from the skies to strike Hoot-chan with a mighty Thunder!

What a turning point, folks! Now Doran Dragon's team carry away with their original plan, but this time Athenorodos' buddies look for some payback! Rocky focuses his attention on Poseidon and emits a weird sound to weaken his defenses. The Mudkip however seems to ignore the Screech, and readies his guard for Hoot-chan's incoming attack! Meanwhile, Nidhogg keeps calling forth destruction on the poor owl, with another rumbling Thunder. Despite the painful zapping, Hoot-chan manages to fly upon Poseidon and pluck into him with its Peck. With a vengeful grin in his face, though, the Mudkip freezes the ceiling and causes an Avalanche to bury the Hoothoot into a mountain of snow!

Worried about the flow taken by the match, Rocky Hardens his body a bit more. Meanwhile, Nidhogg casts a third Thunder on Hootchan, who, this time, seems to have finished the energies! What a cruel end for our fellow owl! However, Poseidon realizes that his intended target has been knocked out and decides to turn on the other opponent, causing another Avalanche to fall upon the Onix. His hardened skin shrugs off the attack with ease, but how will he be able to withstand an assault from both the enemies now?

End Round 2

Field Effects:
It is raining in the cavern, and will continue to rain for two (2) more rounds unless interrupted. A pool of water surrounds Nidhogg. More puddles are beginning to appear.

Health: 9 | Health: 77
Energy: 45% | Energy: 59%

Health: 22 | Health: 0
Energy: 48% | Energy: N/A
Other: None | Other: Knocked Out

Athenorodos goes first now

Health: 9 | Health: 77
Energy: 45% | Energy: 59%

Health: 22 | Health: 0
Energy: 48% | Energy: N/A
Other: None | Other: Knocked Out

Round 4 begin!
There we are again, ladies and gentlemen, for what appears to be the final showdown of this exciting battle!

Both Nidhogg and Poseidon now look confident and prepare to seal the deal (rhyme intended folks ahahah... err ok that wasn't funny) by summoning a titanic wave of water to submerge their opponent in a watery grave. On the verge of death, however, a mad grin appears on Rocky's snout. In front of the impending tide, the Onyx deflagrates in a blast of energy which violently storms upon the battleground! We can see only light and fury from our position! What is going to happen?

... someone seems to come out of the dust... But it's Poseidon, ladies and gentlemen! The Mudkip seems wounded and battered, but stills cheers up for his victory!

Health: 0 | Health: 52
Energy: N/A | Energy: 59%
Other: Knocked Out | Other: None

Health: 0 | Health: 0
Energy: N/A | Energy: N/A
Other: Knocked Out | Other: Knocked Out

Congratulations Athenorodos for your success!​

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't think Atheno was talking about that. Ah, I'm not the ref, but this needs to be cleared up.

KO Counters: Nidhogg (1), Rocky (2).
Since Rocky blew himself up, no one technically could KO him except himself, which is weird. This is really up to the ref. I'd personally would give Rocky the KO Counter since he did KO himself, but maybe not. Otherwise, Posiedon would've got the KO Counter if that weren't to happen.

1 EC, 1 MC, and 1 DC: Nidhogg, Posiedon, Rocky, and Hoot-chan all get one for participating in the match.

And, as always, every battle grants 2 Trainer Counters for both trainers.

edit: okay, I'll just grant it. It's like a missing point. Messy stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)