Alch v Cartoons (Ref: ILoveLiza)

Ladies and Gentlemen, please be seated. A fierce loss between Alchemator and Cartoons! is about to begin.

Battle Specifications

- 2 v 2 Singles
- 3 day Disqualification
- 2 Recovery Moves / 5 Chills
- No Switching
- Items Enabled
- One Ability per Pokemon

Battle Procedure

- Alchemator will send out his first Pokemon and pick Ability and Item.
- Cartoons! will go next, do all of the above and issue Commands.
- Alchemator will issue Commands.
- I will update.
- Order will be reversed.
etc.

Arena

It's noon at the highway upon which this battle takes place. This map involves a tough road upon rocky ground, both of which are impossible to dig through. There is a banner above which lighter Pokémon may be able to use, though heavier Pokémon will snap it. Also present is a bus, a beaten up car and an open-air gift shop. This involves an arch with a desk below it. The bus can be entered, and all of the aforementioned items can be moved or broken with enough force.

Ladies and Gentleman stand-by. The first Pokemon is about to be sent out.

LET THE BATTLE BEGIN

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Let's go my baby Diana!

Vulpix [Diana] (F)
Nature: Timid [A 15% increase (rounded up) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on this Pokemon's attacks.]
Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: * (-)
Def: **
SpA: **
SpD: ***
Spe: 75 (65*1.15^)

It was a difficult decision that I mulled over for quite a while, but I've come to the conclusion that Flash Fire is going to be her ability. She's getting a tasty Oran Berry too.

Zigzagoon [Passpartou] (Female) *
Nature: Jolly (Adds 15% to Speed, Subtracts * from Special Attack +5% increase in accuracy)

Atk: **
SpA: *(-)
SpD: **
Spe: 69 (+)

I'm choosing this one here. She's holding Rawst berries, and has Pick Up as an ability.

Okay, Passpartou, this should be a relatively easier match than what you're used to. Which means, of course, no excuses!

Start with a Simple Beam!

Follow up by 'wetting' the dirt and blinding it with a Mud Slap.

Finish the round by Tickling it.

If it tries to Dig, use the time to Hone Claws instead.

Alchemator

Oh that Zigzagoon, we can take it easily.

Use Quick Attack to dodge the Simple Beam and then follow up with another to dodge the Mud Slap. After that, get in close and put him to sleep with Hypnosis!

TURN ONE

Vulpix [Diana] (F)
Nature: Timid [A 15% increase (rounded up) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on this Pokemon's attacks.]
Stats:
Oran Berry
Flash Fire

Nature: Jolly (Adds 15% to Speed, Subtracts * from Special Attack +5% increase in accuracy)

Rawst Berry
Pick Up

The battle begins with Diana the Vulpix facing Passpartou the Zigzagoon. Diana being the fastest of the two and would normally move first waits for the incoming attack and deftly dodges the incoming Signal Beam with a defensive Quick Attack.

Passpartou quickly spits on the ground a few times to make some Mud to Slap at it's foe, however the Vulpix has already moved out of the way with another defensive Quick Attack.

Diana is moving quickly and tries to fire a Hypnosis at the Zigzagoon, however it's speed makes it hard to keep eye contact long enough to fully put the opposing Pokemon to sleep. The Vulpix comes to a halt near Passpartou and is charged. Front legs outreached the Zigzagoon aims right for the sweet spot. Just behind the front legs Tickling it's opponent, causing Attack and Defense drops from the still laughing Vulpix.

The crowds watching from the sidelines all have their eyes trained on the tactical display presented before them, all wondering what will happen next.

Vulpix [Diana] (F)

Energy: 80%
Modifiers: -1 Att, -1 Def
Oran Berry
Flash Fire

Energy: 85%
Rawst Berry
Pick Up

Alchemator, you're up.

Alchemator

I call hax. Anyway...

Attempt Hypnosis again to put it to sleep. If it connects, jump back and surround Passpartou with a ring of fire with Ember. If it doesn't connect, use Flame Burst instead to knock Passpartou back. Either way, follow up with a Flamethrower.

Vulpix [Diana] (F)

Energy: 80%
Modifiers: -1 Att, -1 Def
Oran Berry
Flash Fire

Rawst Berry
Pick Up

Vulpix's trainer starts by muttering "...hax ... rng ... hax" before quickly ordering his Pokemon to use Hypnosis. Being faster manages to get the hypnotic waves in before Zigzagoon can react. Passpartou edging on falling asleep in the middle of the battle is told by its trainer to close it's eyes. The Zigzagoon obliges and falls into a deep sleep.

Diana, in an efort to capitalize on the tactical advantage uses Ember in front of the helpless Zigzagoon. A small amount of the fire hits the slumbering opponent but Passpartou stays asleep. Vulpix finally stops giggling like a little girl from last turn's tickle attack and becomes serious again.

Vulpix is ordered to now take the offence with a strong Flamethrower which hits the poor Zigzagoon. However even this strong attack fails to wake up the Pokemon who by now is most certainly not having happy dreams.

The crowd are cheering. The battle appears to be heating up. geddit

Vulpix [Diana] (F)

Energy: 62%
Oran Berry
Flash Fire

HP: 75
Rawst Berry
Pick Up

Cartoons! is up.

Falling asleep on the job, huh? As soon as this is over, it's the tank for you.

Whenever you feel like waking up, why don't you Odor Sleuth so that Vulpix won't slip by your attacks again and then slap it with a Mud Slap. But you know, don't let me disturb your vacation or anything.

Alchemator

Aww, Cartoons! is so mean. Look at that cute little Zigzagoon... Y'know I think it would be much cuter without its fur. Start out with a Fire Spin to trap it and increase the flames on the ground around it already. Then start slowly circling the Fire Spin and use Confuse Ray. Finish by using Flame Burst.

Vulpix [Diana] (F)

Oran Berry
Flash Fire

HP: 75
Rawst Berry
Pick Up

Cartoons! starts the turn by yelling out random things at his Zigzagoon about how it shouldn't be sleeping on the job among other mean things causing the crowd to boo, the crowd all seem to be going for the nicer trainer. Much to the crowd's delight Vulpix traps the poor abused Pokemon in a Fire Spin attack. The crowd starts cheering for the little Diana. All the cheering causes Passpartou to wake up promting more jeers from the crowd. Random drink bottles thrown from the audience now litter some of the field.

Alchemator decides to add more pain to the abused Zigzagoon's life by ordering his Vulpix to use Confuse Ray. The already groggy Passpartou is severly confused yet still manages to use Odor Slueth stopping Vulpix from getting away from Zigzagoon's attacks.

Diana is ordered to use a Flame Burst on it's confused rival. The attack connects and while starting fires around the arena it also releases Passpartou from the Fire Spin. The still confused Zigzagoon manages to slap some mud at the Vulpix and hits for super effective damage, also lowering the opposing Pokemon's accuracy.

Vulpix [Diana] (F)

Energy: 49%
HP: 84
Oran Berry
Flash Fire
Accuracy - 1
Can't raise evasion for 1 more turn.

Energy: 77%
HP: 54
Rawst Berry
Pick Up
Confused: 2 actions left

Alch is up.

Alchemator

Start by using Disable on Mud Slap to, well, disable it. Follow up with a Fire Spin. If it's trapped, Chill. If not, use Ember to force it back.

Disable ~ Fire Spin ~ Chill/Ember

*to crowd* Oh 'boo' yourself!

Take the opportunity to Headbutt the Vulpix hard. If it traps you in the Fire Spin, Mud Sport to dampen the flames and create an opening, and then Headbutt it again.

If you managed to avoid getting caught in the vortex, Tickle instead of Mud Sport.

Vulpix [Diana] (F)

Energy: 49%
HP: 84
Oran Berry
Flash Fire
Accuracy - 1
Can't raise evasion for 1 more turn.

Energy: 77%
HP: 54
Rawst Berry
Pick Up
Confused: 2 actions left

Diana watches Passpartou carefully. Passpartou stares at the Yeti climbing in the bus. Before Alchmator gets a chance to give any orders to his Vulpix, Cartoons! turns to the crowd and yells something about how they're all going to turn in to cheeky white ghosts. Alchemator takes the opportunity to order his Pokemon to Disable the Zigzagoon's Mud Slap. Cartoons! orders his Zigzagoon to reply with Headbutt resulting in the still confused Pokemon to headbutt the ground in an attempt to stop the nightmarish yeti's from getting him.

Diana takes the oportunity to trap Zigzagoon in a Fire Spin encasing it in a ring of flames. Passpartou comes to it's senses realising yeti's don't like fire and wouldn't really be coming after him like this so he starts putting flames out with a Mud Sport. It decreases the severity of the flames and there is a teeny gap but it will still get burnt if it tries to go through.

Alchemator tells his Vulpix to Chill for a bit and restore energy. Being the non stereotypical woman she is she wanders around and finds what she was looking for. One of the thrown bottles of beer. She finds a comfy spot, rests, and has a bit of a skul. Cartoons! uncaringly (as usual :p) orders his Zigzagoon through the flames in front of him anyway to use an attack. The Pokemon reacts out of fear and instantly does as is ordered. The half put out flames fail to hurt Passpartou but it does get burnt. Quickly eating it's berry it attacks the lazing Diana with a strong Headbutt dealing decent damage. Both Pokemon end up near a bit of burnt bush with sme charcoal on the ground. Zigzagoon, being the curious Pokemon it is picks a piece up for later.

Vulpix [Diana] (F)

Energy: 52%
HP: 74
Oran Berry
Flash Fire

Energy: 73%
HP: 42
Charcoal
Pick Up

It seems my habit of dressing up in a gorilla suit and rushing in to scare Passpartou in the middle of the night in order to build a sense of constant alertness has backfired a bit here...

I don't like all the burning debris around here, as a precaution, why don't you hit Diana with a Simple Beam (an order not a suggestion!)

Now if she isn't already laughing at you for making a fool of yourself last round, go on up and Tickle it.

Finish the round by Flailing.

(btw, how long will Mud Slap be disabled for?)

edit: thanks, i'll leave the actions the way they are

Alchemator

Ok cool. Given that, according to its description, Simple Beam is made up of mental thoughts, use Confuse Ray to turn these thoughts into nightmares, stopping it from using Simple Beam properly. After that use Fire Spin around yourself to create a protective tornado and activate Flash Fire, make sure you can still see through it though. Finish with Ember.

Vulpix [Diana] (F)

Energy: 52%
HP: 74
Oran Berry
Flash Fire

Energy: 73%
HP: 42
Charcoal
Pick Up

The battle is getting to the gritty end so the trainers stop paying attention to the crowd. Alchemator orders his Vulpix to use Confuse Ray which hits and Zigzagoon catches sight of those yeti's from before dancing twenty metres away. So absorbed in their surprisingly mesmerising movements Passpartou ignores the order from it's trainer to use an attack.

Diana wastes no time setting up a ring of fire around itself, with Fire Spin. being so close to the flames activates it's ability and it seems to be even stronger. The crowd yell in delight as it seems like Passpartou has no hope of winning for it's trainer. Cartoons! has other ideas. The Vulpix is already laughing from how much it is winning, prompting Cartoons! to put his not incredibly cunning plan into action. His Zigzagoon is ordered to race through the fire surrounding Diana to Tickle it. The thought of tickling another female instantly puts the Yeti's out of the Pokemon's mind and it obeys its trainer. Even if it means taking damage from the rin of fire surrounding its target.

Vulpix releases the Fire Spin by attacking Passpartou with Ember, with the added boost it does even more damage than the little Zigzagoon is used to however it retaliates quickly. Seems like it still has some tricks up it's sleeve. Passpartou summons up all that has befallen it recently and attacks with a strong Flail attack.

Standby folks. This battle isn't over yet.

Vulpix [Diana] (F)

Energy: 41%
HP: 61
Oran Berry
Flash Fire - Activated
-1 Att, -1 Def (one more action)

HP: 21
Charcoal
Pick Up

Alchemator

Awesome. We're pretty much done here Diana, but always be on your guard in case she tries to pull any tricks on you. Start off with a Flamethrower to knock her back, and follow up with an Ember. If neither of those KO use Ember again, otherwise Chill.

Flamethrower ~ Ember ~ Ember/Chill

Vulpix [Diana] (F)

Energy: 41%
HP: 61
Oran Berry
Flash Fire - Activated
-1 Att, -1 Def (one more action)

HP: 21
Charcoal
Pick Up

Zigzagoon looks to be on its last legs. Its opponent however is ruthless and hits it with an incedibly powerful Flamethrower attack. Passpartou hangs on with only a handful of HP left. In a desperate last attempt to do as much damage as possible the Zigzagoon runs up to the Vulpix and Flails right in it's face for some large amounts of damage.

Diana weathers the hit and fires back with an Ember to finish the poor little Zigzagoon off. Then lazes back with another of the thrown beers Chilling until the next Pokemon is sent out.

Vulpix [Diana] (F)

Energy: 45%
HP: 41
Oran Berry
Flash Fire - Activated

Cartoons! to send out. Need Pokemon, Ability, Item and Moves. Then Alch will make his moves.

I'll be sending out Handsome the Breezi holding an Oran Berry.

Breezi [Handsome] Male *
Nature: Serious
Ability: Vital Spirit

Start by setting up a Light Screen.
Next fire off a Razor Wind and then hit it with a Gust.

If it tries to Confuse Ray you, cut in line with a Me First. But because I want that Light Screen up pronto, if it uses Confuse Ray as its first move, Copycat it instead.

so
Light Screen
Razor Wind
Gust

if Diana Confuse Rays first turn go Light Screen>Copycat>Razor Wind
if she Confuse Rays any other turn, use Me First instead

Alchemator

Agh that's kinda tricky. Oh well we can do this.

First use Extrasensory to hurt him (why else would I use it?). Follow up by using a Fire Spin between the two of you to negate that Razor Wind. Finish with another Extrasensory.

Vulpix [Diana] (F)
Nature: Timid

Energy: 45%
HP: 41
Oran Berry
Flash Fire - Activated

Breezi [Handsome] Male *

Energy: 100%
SpA: ***
Spe: 85
Oran Berry

As the ref apologises to the crowd for the multiple day delay, Cartoons! releases his second pokemon. Handsome the Breezi. Immediately setting up a Light Screen to block the damage from attacks. The crowd favorite Diana appears unfazed by this new Pokemon and attacks with a super effective Extrasensory. The Vulpix's eyes show the shock at seeing it's opponent take very little damage.

Handsome begins summoning winds for it's attack. Diana resonds with trying to trap the Breezi with Fire Spin as the attack has worked well so far. As the flames move towards Handsome, the winds he has been creating blow the flames out before he can be trapped. The Breezi releases the Razor Wind attack at its opponent hitting it for some solid damage.

Handsome immediately follows it up with a quick Gust causing Diana to eat its Oran Berry who then opts for another super effective Extrasensory. Again it hits for fairly small levels of damage.

In the meantime the ref has returned. The crowd starts booing at the sight of Vulpix getting beaten up. Can the tide turn?

Vulpix [Diana] (F)
Nature: Timid

Energy: 30%
HP: 34
Flash Fire - Activated

Breezi [Handsome] Male *

Energy: 86%
HP: 80
SpA: ***
Spe: 85
Oran Berry
Light Screen

Really sorry guys. I'll try and keep up.

Alch, you're up.

Alchemator

Admittedly that wasn't what I meant in the slightest with my command but whatever.

Let's go for this. Start off with a Flamethrower and aim it so it knocks him out from behind the light screen. Follow up with a Confuse Ray, or a Quick Attack if he tries to attack. Finish with Extrasensory.

E: Fair enough then. Really this is just bonus time for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)