Destiny_Warrior vs Kaxtar - MATCH OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It is a dark day in Almia. Shadows flit across the sky like black owls and the Altru tower is in chaos. The main problem is that it isn't even villains causing this chaos. One of the trainers snatched his shades from his face and scowled at the other.

"Are you ready for this?"

The other yawned and shrugged.

"Sure, whatever you say Destiny_Warrior."
"Ok, let's do this!"

Destiny_Warrior said:
3v3 Triples
DQ Time: 2 days
0 Recover/Rest etc., 5 chills
Arena: Altru Tower
http://www.serebii.net/pokearth/almia/altrutower.shtml

Various sources of electricity are littered around the tower. Pokemon hide in various parts of the tower, always ready to pop out and attack. At the very top of the tower is a kind Togekiss who will heal the one who reaches her first once, but that Pokemon shall have to encounter Darkrai... At the end of each round there is a 12% chance of a Pokémon appearing and attacking all active Pokémon. This 12% is divided up among the Pokémon listed in the above link, save for Darkrai and Togekiss.
Kaxtar said:
I almost feel bad for Alch that I'm accepting this battle...

Switch=KO
No items
One Ability
Let's do this!!
One of the battlers, a certain Destiny_Warrior snatched three Pokéballs from his belt at once and threw them down.

"Go Aqua Regia the Chinchou and Street Fighter the Scraggy and Spiffy the Monohm!"

SCHWOING (that was my best impression of the noise that a Pokéball makes when it releases Pokémon...)

Chinchou (Aqua Regia)(Male)
Nature: Modest (+SpA, - Atk)
Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: *(-)
Def: **
SpA: ****(+)
SpD: ***
Spe: 67

Scraggy (Street Fighter)(Male)

Nature: Adamant (+Atk, - Spe)
Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: ****(+)
Def: ***
SpA: *(-)
Spe: 48

Spiffy (Monohm)(Male)
Nature: Naive (+Spe, -SDef
Stats:
Atk: **
SpA: ***
SpD: *(-)
Spe: 69(x1.15)

Gasping for breath, Destiny_Warrior sits down for a little bit.

The other trainer, one Kaxtar shrugs again and lazily rolls out his Pokéballs.

SCHWOING (there it goes again...)

Monozu [Onyx] (Female)
Nature: Mild (Special Attack increased by *, Defense lowered by *)
Stats:
Atk: ***
Def: * (-1)
SpA: *** (+1)
SpD: **
Spe: 38

Bulbasaur
[Jade] (F)
Nature: Brave (Adds a * to Attack, 15% less speed, 5% flat increase in Accuracy)
Stats:
Atk: *** (+1)
Def: **
SpA: ***
Spe: 39 (-15%)

Togepi [Quartz] (Male)
Nature: Quiet (Increase Special attack by *, decrease Speed by 15%, 5% increase to attacks)
Stats:
Atk: *
SpA: *** (+1)
Spe: 17 (20/ 1.15)

With the Pokémon send out, it's time to notch the chaos up another level! Where can this possible go? It's impossible to predict!

Kaxtar is up to order first!

Monozu and Bulbasaur only have one ability, but Togepi is using Serene Grace.

Monozu: Beat the Shit out of Monohm. Start with Dragon Tail to knock it back. Next use earth power, and finish with Dragonbreath. If he uses Magnet Rise, use Dark Pulse for instead action 2.

Bulbasaur: Use Sleep Powder on Chinchou, letting you hit it with a Leech Seed. End the round with a Growth, boosting your stats for next round.

Togepi: Use Yawn on Monohm to put it to sleep. Then, use Encore on Scraggy if it used a boosting move, or Charm if it attacked. Finish with another Yawn on Scraggy.

Monozu: Dragon Tail~Earth Power/Dark Pulse~Dragon Breath
Bulbasaur: Sleep Powder~Leech Seed~Growth
Togepi: Yawn~Encore/Charm~Yawn

Lets get it!

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
OK.

Street Fighter, lead off with Fake Out on Monozu! Monohm, use Dragon Dance and get out of the way of the Yawn, which should be pretty slow because Togepi is! Chinchou, use Rain Dance to soak the Sleep Powder spores and weight them down to the ground!

Monohm, use Dragon Rush on Monozu! Street Fighter, Dig down to avoid Togepi, then come out and hit Monozu! Chinchou, use Ice Beam on Bulbusaur!

Monohm, Dragon Rush Monozu again! Scraggy, use Drain Punch on Monozu! Chinchou, use Hydro Pump on Togepi!

Alchemator

"Ok you guys do this and this and then do this and..."
"Start off by using that and then you follow up with..."

I think we should take the time for the orders to be given to have a quick recap, don't you?

Energy: 100
Actions: Rain Dance ~ Ice Beam ~ Hydro Pump

Actions: Fake Out ~ Dig ~ Drain Punch

Spiffy (Monohm)(Male)
Actions: Dragon Dance ~ Dragon Rush ~ Dragon Rush

Monozu [Onyx] (Female)
Actions: Dragon Tail ~ Earth Power ~ Dragonbreath

Bulbasaur
[Jade] (F)
Actions: Sleep Powder ~ Leech Seed ~ Growth

Togepi [Quartz] (Male)
Actions: Yawn ~ Encore/Charm ~ Yawn

It looks like the battlers are finally ready to begin!

Street Fighter the Scraggy begins with a Fake Out, powerful enough to make Onyx the Monozu recoil and flinch! Seizing the opportunity, Spiffy the Monohm rushes in and delivers a painful Dragon Rush! Jade the Bulbasaur shoots off some sleep-inducing spores at Aqua Regia the Chinchou, but luckily he has a plan. Flopping around in what enthusiasts would call a Rain Dance, a cloud forms inside the room and it begins to rain! However, these raindrops don't quite stop the powder, causing Aqua Regia to become slightly drowsy, lowering his Speed one stage!

Spiffy then attempts to dodge Quartz the Togepi's Yawn with Dragon Dance but has no such luck - Spiffy will go to sleep in three actions' time. He still gains some nice boosts though. Onyx, annoyed at taking such a beating already, retaliates with Earth Power, striking Spiffy for high damage - it's a critical hit! It's enough to put off his sleeping though (Spiffy now goes to sleep in four actions time).

Eager to take revenge on Onyx taking revenge on him, Spiffy tries another Dragon Rush. Unfortunately for him, however, he misses completely and slams into a wall, leaving him at the mercy of Onyx's Dragonbreath. Quartz attempts to use Encore on Street Fighter, but he has already disappeared from sight. Eager to avenge Spiffy's misfortune, Aqua Regia fires a powerful Ice Beam at Jade, which hits hard for super-effective damage! Jade retaliates by firing off a Leech Seed, but it misses!

Suddenly Street Fighter bursts out of the ground, delivering some damage to Onyx with Dig. He quickly follows this up with Drain Punch, which restores 11HP! Quartz finally finds his target and uses Yawn, which will send Street Fighter to sleep in three actions' time. Annoyed at Quartz's mischievousness, Aqua Regia fires off a rain-boosted Hydro Pump, which sends Quartz rolling into a wall. Jade serenely finishes off the round by using Growth to bolster her stats.

Despite the chaos, no wild Pokémon have appeared to intervene. Let's check how everybody is doing at the end of this exciting first round!

Energy: 78

Energy: 83

Spiffy (Monohm)(Male)
HP: 54

Monozu [Onyx] (Female)
HP: 31
Energy: 88

Bulbasaur
[Jade] (F)
HP: 72
Energy: 79

Togepi [Quartz] (Male)
HP: 69

Whew, that was a lot to cover!

Destiny_Warrior, your orders please!

Destiny Warrior

Ok, let's roll!

Ok boys, you're on, all 3 of you moving before your opponents despite Aqua Regia's speed drop! Spiffy ,start by playing things safe with a Dragon Rage to Monozu, leaving it at 21 HP. Next up, Street Fighter, Drain Punch away to heal yourself and KO Monozu. Finally, Aqua Regia, you'll be just faster than Bulbasaur, so use the chance to dodge any attacks targeting you with Agility.

Next target: Togepi. Spiffy, draw electricity from the surrounding sources and power out a maximum power Thunderbolt, and use the rain to ensure that it connects. Street Fighter, Dig into the ground to evade any attacks, then attack Togepi(if Monozu is somehow still alive, target the Dig at it and KO it once anf for all)! Aqua Regia, use your never-missing Thunder on Togepi to wrack on massive damage.

Ok, that does 41 damage to Togepi guaranteed, meaning it has 28 HP left. Great. Street Fighter, use Drain Punch, and do 23 damage to Togepi, a decent sum. Following up, Spiffy, use Dragon Rage again, and KO Togepi. To close these orders, Aqua Regia, use Ice Beam on Bulbusaur.

I'm using only 100 acc moves here, they should all hit, in which case, barring crits, the damage calculations are correct.

Wow, Monozu is more than half dead :(

Alright everyone, team work. Bulbasaur, start off by rushing over to Scraggy, and Skull bashing it, trying to distract Scraggy from Monozu. Monozu, attack Monohm with an Earth Power as you take its Dragon Pulse. Togepi, Encore Chinchou into Agility.

Bulbasaur, use Giga Drain on Chinchou. Togepi, come in after this and use Extrasensory on Monohm, hopefully flinching it. Monozu can finish up with a Dark Pulse on Monohm, again hopefully flinching it.

To end off, Togepi can use a Yawn to hopefully speed up the sleep counter on Monohm, making it fall asleep at the end of the turn. Bulbasaur should use a Leech Seed on Scraggy, hopefully catching it in its drain punch so that leech seed won't hit. Monozu can end the round with an Earth Power on Chinchou.

Keep each other alive. It's our only shot.

Alchemator

One of the trainers suddenly grabbed a calculator from his pocket, rapidly tapping the buttons with his tongue sticking out in concentration.

"So this does that much, and that does that much and... Bingo! Ok guys, here's how it'll go."

The other trainer, shocked at the beating that his Monozu had taken in the previous round, said nothing.

Time for a reallylongcap! (Henceforth referred to as a 'recap' since that has a nice ring to it).

Actions: Agility ~ Thunder ~ Ice Beam

Energy: 83
Actions: Drain Punch ~ Dig ~ Drain Punch

Spiffy (Monohm)(Male)
HP: 54
Actions: Dragon Rage ~ Thunderbolt ~ Dragon Rage

Monozu [Onyx] (Female)
HP: 31
Actions: Earth Power ~ Dark Pulse ~ Earth Power

Bulbasaur
[Jade] (F)
Actions: Skull Bash ~ Giga Drain ~ Leech Seed

Togepi [Quartz] (Male)
HP: 69
Actions: Encore ~ Extrasensory ~ Yawn

Ordered to play it safe, Spiffy begins the round with a shot of blue flame - Dragon Rage - which leaves Onyx teetering at 21HP! Aqua Regia, somewhat like his passive start to the previous round, uses Agility to boost his Speed. Unfortunately for Onyx, who seems to have been picked on, Street Fighter slams his fist into her side, KOing her with Drain Punch and restoring 11HP!

Onyx is KO'd!
Street Fighter has gained 1 KO counter!

Clearly angered by the fall of her comrade, Jade hits Street Fighter hard and angrily with a Skull Bash, which also raises her defence one stage. Quartz finally gets a successful Encore off, forcing Aqua Regia to use Agility again.

However, his happiness is short-lived as he eats a strong Thunderbolt from Spiffy, who - pleased with how his original foe had been dispatched - had decided on its new target. Annoyed at how his gloating was cut short, Quartz returns fire with Extrasensory.

Yet again though his attempts to be content are foiled as Street Fighter bursts from the ground with Dig, quickly followed by a tough uppercut - a critical hit Drain Punch, restoring 12HP! In the midst of this chaos, Jade uses Giga Drain on Aqua Regia, restoring some health for herself - 11HP to be exact.

Being on the floor anyway, Quartz uses Yawn to try to increase the drowziness of his foes. However, he receives only a Dragon Rage in answer. Though the yawn did nothing to existing sleep counters, Street Fighter still falls into a deep slumber.

Oh and Aqua Regia uses Agility in a corner again.

So after that, once again, chaotic round (yet again without the intervention of wild Pokémon) one combatant has been KO'd. Let's check the results so far!

HP: 79
Energy: 45

HP: 78
Energy: 61

Spiffy (Monohm)(Male)
HP: 44
Energy: 60

Monozu [Onyx] (Female)
HP: KO

Bulbasaur
[Jade] (F)
Energy: 59

Togepi [Quartz] (Male)
HP: 22
Energy: 65

Kaxtar, you're up to order first.

Good job monozu, lets finish strong togepi and bulbasaur.

Bulbasaur, Skull Bash monohm. Togepi, use extrasensory on Monohm.

Bulbasaur, use Giga Drain on Chinchou, Togepi use Nasty Plot.

Bulbasaur, use Swords Dance, Togepi can use Extrasensory on Monohm, hopefully KOing it. Try to get at least one of them down guys!

Destiny Warrior

For starters, we need to eliminate Togepi. That's the plan.

OK, the first to move will be Aqua Regia, so we might as well make use of that. Aqua Regia, use your never-miss Thunder on Togepi, and do 16 damage to Togepi. Following that up, Spiffy, use Dragon Rage to KO Togepi before you fall asleep.

Next up, its brought to 1v1, so let's roll. While your partners are sleeping, Chinchou, use your massive speed stat to dodge Giga Drain, and then follow up by using Ice Beam on Bulbasaur to do some damage while it Swords Dances.

Alchemator

With one Pokémon down it's easier for Kaxtar to order, but difficult to order well. While the trainers are strategising, let's have that all-important recap!

HP: 79
Energy: 45
Actions: Thunder ~ Dodge ~ Ice Beam

HP: 78

Spiffy (Monohm)(Male)
HP: 44
Energy: 60
Actions: Dragon Rage

Bulbasaur
[Jade] (F)
Energy: 59
Actions: Skull Bash ~ Giga Drain ~ Swords Dance

Togepi [Quartz] (Male)
HP: 22
Actions: Extrasensory ~ Nasty Plot ~ Extrasensory

Almost invisible due to all its Speed, Aqua Regia is obviously first to strike and begins by making use of the rain, with Thunder, hitting Quartz exceptionally hard, almost causing him to regret that Encore... As a final act before it falls asleep, Spiffy shoots out blue flames in a Dragon Rage, which fells that annoying Quartz once and for all (or at least for this battle). Spiffy promptly falls into a light sleep (2 actions).

Quartz has been KO'd!
Spiffy has gained 1 KO counter.

Once again avenging the death of her comrade, Jade slams into the sleeping Spiffy with Skull Bash which, while it raises her defense one stage, is enough to reduce Spiffy's sleeping time by one action. She then suddenly spins and uses Giga Drain, but due to his insanely high Speed Aqua Regia managed to avoid most of the attack, taking only a quarter of the damage, healing 3HP for Jade.

Jade then begins a strange ritual with her vines - some kind of Swords Dance! Aqua Regia has no time for such frivolity however, and severely injures Jade with an Ice Beam! Spiffy also wakes up, but has no orders so he just sits around for a bit I guess.

For the first time in the battle a wild Pokémon appears! a Vaporeon appeared and used Scald, splashing all in the arena and dealing hefty damage! It also burns Aqua Regia and Spiffy! Finally, the attack is powerful enough to rouse Street Fighter from his slumber.

So with another KO and an appearance from an outsider, here are how the four remaining combatants are holding up:

HP: 58
Energy: 33

HP: 61

Spiffy (Monohm)(Male)
HP: 20
Energy: 55

Bulbasaur
[Jade] (F)
HP: 45
Energy: 37

Togepi [Quartz] (Male)
HP: KO

It seems that we're approaching the end of the battle - Destiny_Warrior, please order.

Destiny Warrior

OK, boys, time to get this job done.

We're facing this Bulbasaur 3 to 1, so its time we took decisive control of the match. Aqua Regia, start things off with a Psybeam, we need to beat this Pokemon down. To follow up, Spiffy, you're weak, but put yout energy into this and use Flamethrower to chip away more at Bulbasaur. Finally, Street Fighter, Ice Punch Bulbasaur.

Next up, Aqua Regia, Ice Beam, Spiffy, Dragon Rage, Street Fighter, Dig.

Finally, Aqua Regia, Psybeam, Spiffy, Flamethrower, Street Fighter, Ice Punch.

Alright, we've lost at this point, but we can still get a KO!

Jade, use a Skull Bash on Spiffy and then combo this into an HP Rock, increasing the power of the energy spheres. Finish the round with a Giga Drain on Chinchou. I'm proud of all three of you, let's try to finish this up well bulbasaur!

Alchemator

As we approach the final stage of the battle, please forgive me for not posting a recap - you should be so on the edge of your seats that you don't need one! That'll be my excuse anyway.

Regardless, we see Jade the Bulbasaur facing down all three of Destiny_Warrior's decently healthy Pokémon. It seems Kaxtar's fate is already sealed, but at least she can go out in style!

...she can, can't she?

Confident of a victory, but not wanting to take any chances, Destiny_Warrior orders all three of his Pokémon to attack. Jade finds herself at the mercy of a Psybeam, Flamethrower (thankfully not as powerful due to the rain) and an Ice Punch.

She has just enough time to do away with most of Spiffy's health before falling to a crushing Ice Beam from Aqua Regia.

Jade has been KO'd!
Aqua Regia has gained 1 KO counter.

DESTINY_WARRIOR WINS!

Kaxtar shrugs, yawns, and walks away...

...and then rushes back because he does have some rewards to collect!

Destiny_Warrior - 2 Trainer Counters

Aqua Regia
- 1 KO counter
- 1 EC
- 1 MC
- 1 DC

Street Fighter
- 1 KO counter
- 1 EC
- 1 MC
- 1 DC

Spiffy
- 1 KO counter
- 1 EC
- 1 MC
- 1 DC

Kaxtar - 2 Trainer Counters

Onyx

- 1 EC
- 1 MC
- 1 DC

Jade

- 1 EC
- 1 MC
- 1 DC

Quartz

- 1 EC
- 1 MC
- 1 DC

And for myself, 5 ref counters! Nom nom nom.

MATCH OVER

Thanks for reffing alch, and gg DW. This match proves that the triples rules need to be changed. Good thing that DK will be bringing up this in the SotG thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)