Terrador vs Orcinus Duo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Open Challenge!
1v1 Singles
Beginner Battle (Less than or equal to 2 rarity, least evolved stage, locked DW ability, less than or equal to 10 MC investment)
1 Day DQ
2 Recovers, 5 Chills
Arena: Unown Soup

If you don't know what this arena does, eternal shame.
Hello. :) accepted, need a ref.

No items
Switch...er...
All abilities
Alphabet/Unown Soup:

Field Type = Neutral
Complexity = Moderate
Format = Multiples!!!
No Restrictions

The battlers are on a solid platform in the middle of a giant bowl filled with delicious broth. No move restrictions at all, because you can safely go seismetoad on the platform and there is plenty of broth to swampert your enemies with. In the soup, there is one of each letter unown floating in around aimlessly. They are all close enough to pick up, and a battler may use one action each round (they can't just use three unowns) to use any move that begins with that letter. Once an unown is used, it cannot be used again.

-----------------------

Terrador:

Breezi [Twitch] (Male)
Nature: Modest (+ SpA, - Atk)
Type:
Poison/Flying: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.
Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Abilities:
Persistent: (Innate) This Pokemon has a great affinity for odd field effects. When it uses one of these effects it increases their duration. Moves affected are Gravity, Heal Block, Lucky Chant, Magic Room, Safeguard, Trick Room, Tailwind, and Wonder Room by an additional one (1) round or three (3) actions depending on the move.
Vital Spirit: (Innate) This Pokemon has a high vitality and alertness making it immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. Its normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action.
Unburden (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon is incredibly possessive. If it uses or loses an item in battle its rage swells and its speed doubles (x2) until it receives another item.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 85
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1
BST: 14

EC: 3/6
MC: 0
DC: 2/5

Attacks:
Gust
Sand Attack
Tailwind
Encore
Rapid Spin
Knock Off
Heal Pulse
Copycat
Whirlwind
Razor Wind
Entrainment
Gravity
Air Slash

Disable
Spikes
Earth Power

Taunt
Light Screen
Reflect
Energy Ball

Total: 20

Orcinus Duo:

Gastly(*) Purple Boss (M)
Nature: Timid

Type: Poison/Ghost
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.

Abilities:
Levitate:
Type: Trait
This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Bulldoze, Dig, Earthquake, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit. Levitate Pokemon will retain the Levitate trait when they use Skill Swap on an enemy, and will steal the opponent's ability (the user can specify if they want a foe or ally to gain Levitate from a Skill Swap.) If a Pokemon with Levitate uses Role Play, they will copy the opponent's abilities and retain Levitate.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 92 (+)
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 15

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Hypnosis(*)
Lick(*)
Spite(*)
Mean Look(*)
Curse(*)
Night Shade(*)
Confuse Ray(*)
Sucker Punch(*)

Will-O-Wisp(*)
Astonish(*)
Disable(*)

Sludge Bomb(*)
Subsitute(*)
Thunderbolt(*)

Orcinus Duo's actions
Terrador's actions

YOU HOLD ALL THE POWER WITHIN YOUR HANDS

GOOD LUCK

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
heh whoops.
Let's see..a harmless looking puffball on a parachute. This shouldn't be too hard...

Let's start off by blocking something with SUBSTITUTE. Then, CONFUSE RAY and THUNDERBOLT. If it looks like it's going to encore or taunt on turns one or two, replace with THUNDERBOLT and shock it into oblivion.

Sub->Confuse Ray->Thunderbolt (Replace first two steps with thunderbolt if encore or taunt is selected)

EDIT: While Terrador takes out his garbage, I have a better idea.
Gastly! pick up the letter T and use Taunt. :D And then use Substitue and Confuse Ray. If Terrador chooses encore or taunt, replace action with Thunderbolt and push back (for taunt).
Taunt-Sub-Confuse Ray (In case of encore or taunt, replace with tbolt and push back for taunt.)

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You need to specify the Substitute's number. Is it 15, 20, or 25?

In addition, you can only use 1 substitution for 1 specific move. It's only if your foe has 20 or more Base Stat Total (and +25 moves) can you use 2 substitutions.

[pimg]1[/pimg]
lol just trying out what SDS was saying

[pimg]493[/pimg]
493 is cresselia?
[pimg]495[/pimg] [pimg]497[/pimg] [pimg]498[/pimg]

[pimg]167[/pimg] [pimg]199[/pimg]

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
:(

Meh, I just realized that I made a brain fart. If I used taunt, it can't use encore or taunt anyways.

So...Here we go again. T for Taunt, Substitute 15 hp, and let's try for a confuse ray.

Holy smokes, this is an amazing window. Orcinus, heed well this move: It's one of the best in ASB.

Unown M (Magic Coat) ~ Air Slash ~ Air Slash

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!

Twitch (M)
EN: 100

Purple Boss (M)
EN: 100

Round 1: FIGHT!

Purple Boss thinks he's a boss and grabs hold of Unown T for Taunt. HOWEVER, Twitch isn't exactly easy to taunt as he gets Unown M for Magic Coat! What a counter! Now Purple Boss is Taunted!

Twitch: 10 EN (Magic Coat)
Purple Boss: 10 EN (Taunt)

The rest of the round is spent with Purple Boss attempting to squeeze out a Substitute and Confuse Ray but failing miserably. Twitch gives him a barrage of Air Slashes to punish his foolishness. Very foolish indeed.

Twitch: (8+3+3) = 14 DMG/5 EN (Air Slash)
Twitch: (8+3+3) = 14 DMG/9 EN (Air Slash)
Purple Boss: 12 EN (Substitute) (failed)
Purple Boss: 4 EN (Confuse Ray) (failed)

Twitch (M)
EN: 76

Purple Boss (M)
HP: 62
EN: 74
Taunt (3a)

Terrador's actions
Orcinus Duo's actions

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Right. Well, that was stupid.

Well, it's time for me to do something that hopefully will be successful.

Two thunderbolts, Followed by a unown P for Psycho Boost.
thunderbolt~thunderbolt~Psycho Boost

I do believe I outspeed?

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!

Twitch (M)
EN: 76

Purple Boss (M)
HP: 62
EN: 74
Taunt (3a)

Round 2: FIGHT!

Purple Boss glows in anger and strikes Twitch with an array of Thunderbolts, while Twitch twitches in terrible torture and retaliates with a dual Air Slash attack! Afterward, Purple Boss takes Unown P for Psycho Boost and BAM DAMAGE! Twitch tries to use Unown P but it's too late...

Oh, and Purple Boss is no longer Taunted.

Twitch: (8+3+3) = 14 DMG/13 EN (Air Slash)
Twitch: (8+3+3) = 14 DMG/17 EN (Air Slash)
Twitch: where's my p man
Purple Boss: (10+3) x 1.5 = 20 DMG/7 EN (Thunderbolt)
Purple Boss: (10+3) x 1.5 = 20 DMG/11 EN (Thunderbolt)
Purple Boss: (14+3) x 1.5 = 26 DMG/10 EN (Psycho Boost)
-2 SpA (Purple Boss)

Twitch (M)
HP: 24
EN: 46

Purple Boss (M)
HP: 34
-2 SpA

Orcinus Duo's actions
Terrador's actions

M and P are used

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Heh...noob ain't that bad.

Righto. Let's finish this up.
Unown I for Ice Beam, and THUNDERBOLT, followed by another thunderbolt
If second thunderbolt is disabled, night shade.

Unown E (Endure) ~ Air Slash ~ Air Slash

Excellent game, bro. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress in the future.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!

Twitch (M)
HP: 24

Purple Boss (M)
HP: 34
-2 SpA

Round 3: FIGHT!

Twitch immediately takes Unown E for Endure and braces himself from Purple Boss's terrible moves. Twitch grabs a Unown I and fires an Ice Beam, striking Twitch with frosty hell. The rest of the round flashes with Purple Boss sending a dual Thunderbolt, shocking Twitch into oblivion (though surviving due to Endure) and Twitch throwing down 2 consecutive Air Slashes at the ghost.

Twitch: 15 EN (Endure)
Twitch: (8+3+3) = 14 DMG/5 EN (Air Slash)
Twitch: (8+3+3) = 14 DMG/9 EN (Air Slash)
Purple Boss: (10+3) x 1.5 = 20 - 3.5 = 16.5 ~ 17 DMG/7 EN (Ice Beam)
Purple Boss: (10+3) x 1.5 = 20 - 3.5 = 16.5 ~ 17 DMG/7 EN (Thunderbolt)
Purple Boss: (10+3) x 1.5 = 20 - 3.5 = 16.5 ~ 17 DMG/11 EN (Thunderbolt)

Twitch (M)
HP: 1
EN: 17

Purple Boss (M)
HP: 6
EN: 21
-1 SpA

Terrador's actions
Orcinus Duo's actions

M, P, I, and E are used

Unown S (Sucker Punch) ~ Energy Ball ~ Energy Ball

IF (Purple Boss activates an Unown), THEN (Use Dodge and push your actions down)

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
So...if this fails, I'll look exceedingly stupid.

Sucker Punch his sucker punch!!!
It's in my moveset, so don't go dodging. :)
Sucker Punch~Unown F (Fake Out)~lick (for the lolz)

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!

Twitch (M)
HP: 1
EN: 17

Purple Boss (M)
EN: 21
-1 SpA

Round 4: FIGHT!

Purple Boss advances right through and sees Twitch preping for his final second. Twitch then suddenly disappears and warps right behind Purple Boss for a FSucker Punch (with the help of Unown S), but right there, Purple Boss was readying his own FSucker Punch! Purple Boss immediately turns around and pierces right through Twitch's virgin skin. Uh-oh! Twitch squeals in pain and drops down into the hot soup, and cooked and spoiled! Looks like he fainted!

Twitch (M)
HP: KOed
EN: KOed

Purple Boss (M)
EN: 15

GOOD GAME GOOD SIRS!

Rewards
Terrador: 2 TCs
- Twitch: 1 EC | 2 MCs | 1 DC
Orcinus Duo: 2 TCs
- Purple Boss: 1 EC | 2 MCs | 1 KOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)