Lucario

Overview
#######
  • Nice speed stat allows it to outspeed a lot of the tier such as mega kang, garchomp, landorus t, charizard etc...
  • Can run both special and physical sets making it unpredictable
  • Has access to strong priority in extremespeed and bullet punch. Also gets vacuum wave for special priority
  • Has access to setup moves like nasty plot and swords dance
  • All 3 abilities are viable in competitive play

Special Attacker
#######
name: Special Attacker
move1: Nasty Plot
move2: Flash Cannon
move3: Aura Sphere/Focus Blast
move4: Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball/Psychic/Vacuum Wave
item: Lucarionite
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
nature: Timid

Moves
========
  • Nasty Plot offers huge wallbreaking potential if you can set it up
  • Vacuum Wave provides priority that benefits from the boosted STAB from Adabtability
  • Aura Sphere acts as a more accurate alternative to Focus Blast, also benefiting from Adabtability
  • Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball for coverage, Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball hit Aegislash
  • Psychic hits threats like Breloom and Blaziken on the switch

Set Details
========
  • 252 Speed to maximize speed, win speed ties and win priority ties
  • 252 Special Attack to maximize special attack (duh)
  • 4 SpD

Usage Tips
========

USAGE TIPS GO HERE

Physical Attacker
#######
name: Physical Attacker
move1: Swords Dance
move2: Bullet Punch
move3: Close Combat/Earthquake
move4: Extremespeed/Ice Punch
item: Lucarionite
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
nature: Jolly

Moves
========
  • Sword's Dance offers similar wallbreaking and sweeping potential as Nasty Plot if you can set it up
  • Bullet Punch offers Adaptability boosted priority
  • Close Combat is another Adaptability boosted move with huge base power to nuke stuff
  • Earthquake is there for coverage as it hits Aegislash
  • Extremespeed is another good priority move, normally used for finishing off low HP mons
  • Ice Punch offers a bit of coverage against Gliscor, Landorus/T and Garchomp
Set Details
========
  • 252 Speed to maximize speed, win speed ties and win priority ties
  • 252 Attack to maximize attack and punch holes in the enemy team
  • 4 SpD

Usage Tips
========

USAGE TIPS GO HERE

Team Options
========

TEAM OPTIONS GO HERE

Checks & Counters
========

• Things that outspeed it (Mega Gengar/Mega Blaziken)
  • Bulky fighting/ground types (Conkeldurr/Hippowdon/Garchomp/Landorus-T) pretty much anything it cant OHKO

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey dude, if this is WIP then it doesn't need either QC or GP listings in the title, and when it gets to those stages it only needs one but not the other. You also don't need to have [singles] in the heading since these are all for singles. It just helps the title look a little cleaner...

Hey dude, if this is WIP then it doesn't need either QC or GP listings in the title, and when it gets to those stages it only needs one but not the other. You also don't need to have [singles] in the heading since these are all for singles. It just helps the title look a little cleaner...
Cool, thanks for the advice :]

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Slash Focus Blast with Aura Sphere, because the power difference is that massive (OHKOes Garchomp after rocks, for instance). Also might wanna move Vacuum Wave to the coverage slot because Luke can get away with NP+STABs p easily due to adaptability. Watch out for Aegislash tho

Isn't Mega Lucario only open to badgeholders?

Edit: or is he a high ladder player
Its listed as BH and non BH (twice) I only saw the non BH bit so I started a convo with theorymon and hulavata and they didnt say anything against it so I'm continuing it.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh yeah sorry, that was totally my mistake. It wasn't gonna be a badge holder mon.

Anyways I'll nitpick this later tonight. I do think a Swords Dance set needs to be added btw.

I know this is still WIP. But does Iron Tail deserve any mention over Bullet Punch? Accuracy isnt the best, but signifcant BP with his abilitiy.

Edit: talking about the physical set of course

I know this is still WIP. But does Iron Tail deserve any mention over Bullet Punch? Accuracy isnt the best, but signifcant BP with his abilitiy.

Edit: talking about the physical set of course
Iron tail is used on 2.3% of victorious lucarios but I felt that its not worthy of a moveslot since bullet punch has decent power due to adaptability and it has priority. Also I use ice punch for coverage since it hits lando-t and garchomp, both of which are very common

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
EXTREMELY MINOR NITPICK HERE, but just make sure in the final version you remove any instances of the word "tier" and replace it with something like metagame, format, or ruleset. Smogon metagames are based off of tiers so we're all used to using the two words interchangeably, but technically there are no tiers involved here.

EXTREMELY MINOR NITPICK HERE, but just make sure in the final version you remove any instances of the word "tier" and replace it with something like metagame, format, or ruleset. Smogon metagames are based off of tiers so we're all used to using the two words interchangeably, but technically there are no tiers involved here.
Will do

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)