SM OU [1800+] An Easy Way To Top 100

This team has that special sauce. That speed. That POWER. I've used it to ladder to top 100 and still have more room to go so I thought I'd share it with yall as my first post.

Now let it be known that I don't like to use legendaries or mythicals. Infact, I never have used one in OU, not a single time. So the primary concept of this team is NO LEGENDARIES. That gives this that pizzaz, that poof, that yahoo (and how!). All you gotta do is rub that lamp (and then I'll say). The secondary concept of this team is power/speed.

CONSIDER: You are about the behold sheer greatness. Prepare thine eyes o'ye of little faith.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 248 Atk / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch

Enough defense that most of the time it will regain multiscale from leftovers after a Lando uturn. Make sure to send it out before rocks get put up cause there is no defogger. Extreme Speed gives you that priority. Always be on the look out for setup opportunities. Dragonite and Scizor form the core because they are able to setup and sweep in just a few turns. Make sure the rest of the team provides them the chance to do so. ALWAYS SETUP ON LANDO. DO IT IN ITS FACE

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Tri Attack
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Conversion

Suicide lead. Commit to the suicide. Two options for your z-move, tho mostly I use the z conversion. The point is for it to get off damage early to make it easy for the rest of the team. There are no rocks here! If you decide not to lead with it (but you should if you can) then obvs makes a nice late game sweeper.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Def / 48 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Superpower

A lil speed to outspeed other Scizors, Superpower lets you kill other Scizors + Celestalia at +3. Can also kill Magnezon and Heatran unboosted (though they *may* live depending in the spread, but always kills at +2. Glare Heatran for the easy Scizor kill later on).
STAB Technician boosted U-turn in Lele's face.
STAB Technician boosted U-turn in Kazam's face.
STAB Technician boosted U-turn in Mega-Gyrados' face
SPAM UTURN

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Happiness: 1
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Transform

THE HERO. Take their Mons. If you want to set up rocks then use this to do it I GUESS

Infernape @ Choice Band
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Def / 24 SpD / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Mach Punch

UNBOOSTED POWER. Strategic use of uturn is extremely valuable, and Flare Blitz with Blaze and the Choice Band hits super hard. Can Two hit KO most Lando spreads, even after the atk drop. Mach punch gives this team its thrid (3rd!!!!) priority option. You ain't getting outspeeded SON DON'T EVEN TRY

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Glare

For when you wanna be tricky. Get this out against Toxapex and sub up before if can poison. Glare everything. This thing can singlehandledly take down stall teams with good planning and a little luck. BE SMART. It has real POWER. The only real true complete counter to it in the tier is Heatran. Just Glare the heatran and let Scizor kill.

Last edited:
Hi Kakuza, that's a really promising looking Ditto HO!
But let me give you some suggestions which might just let you progress a bit faster.

1. Fire Punch -> Earthquake + Leftovers -> Weakness Policy on Dragonite
Dragonite is a really powerful user of the move Dragon Dance, the coverage you're running at the moment lets it get walled by Heatran however. The team has Scizor to offensively cleave through it, but in a pinch that's useless and the following changes I will suggest enable the rest of the team to effectively counteract Celesteela anyway. Weakness Policy lets Dragonite occasionally boost to +3, allowing a generous jolly nature and augmenting Dragonite's capability to steamroll even more.

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

2. ghost -> electric Z-Conversion on Porygon-Z
Porygon's potential gets wasted as a suicide lead in my eyes. It can be beneficial to start off a game with a bang, but that isn't necessarily Porygon's dedicated role. The set I'll provide you cuts right through teams weak to bolt-beam and is hugely effective at dismantling popular defensive cores. Overall this change helps get around teams the other members struggle to break down.

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
Ability: Adaptability
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Conversion

3. U-Turn -> Roost on Mega Scizor
Sadly Roost is required for Scizor to independently work as a setup sweeper and Superpower can't be substituted on this build.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Def / 48 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Roost

3.1. 1 happiness -> 0 happiness on Ditto
Don't know if that's just a typo, but 0 happiness Ditto is better at capitalizing upon 0 happiness Frustration users.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
- Transform

4. Choice Band -> Focus Sash on Infernape
Changing Infernape to a HO suicide lead set would greatly support the other team members by setting up Stealth Rock to ease a sweep and soften up the team a bit in case the battle stretches a bit. This way Infernape is better at capitalizing upon its ability as well. Usually I'd be completely fine with a banded set, but Infernape gets completely walled by Toxapex, which completely mitigates its role as a breaker.

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Counter
- U-turn

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)