SM OU [2012 ELO Top 3] Accelegor's Incredible Dual Spikes (AIDS for short)

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
Ho3n is back at it again, fresh off the failure of qualifying for the OLTs with a new team that I like to call AIDS:

fwefac.jpg

AKA, Accelegor's Incredible Dual Spikes!

Peak:

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 5.34.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 5.18.27 PM.png

Pokepaste:
https://pokepast.es/e992fc9ccd7d41da

Raw Team:
Accelgor @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Encore
- Final Gambit

Blacephalon @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Substitute
- Flame Charge

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- Horn Leech
- Superpower

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse

Victini @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- V-create
- Trick Room
- Power-Up Punch
- Bolt Strike

Conception:

When it came to the cores of my past team, its easy to see I was struggling getting passed some walls. Namely, they were walls that stopped Ash Gren: Tangrowth, AssVest Mag, Gastrodon, Tapu Bulu, and Tapu Fini. All but mag were weak to Toxic Spikes, and all including mag did not appreciate spikes. So, my idea was to build a team that had multiple wincons on the offensive side, and while trying to still have the right amount of counter measures for most stall. Originally, I tried dual spikes Cloyster, but it was just too slow and not strong enough. Accelgor solved a ton of these problems.

The Team:

Accelgor @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Encore
- Final Gambit

The lead Accelgor is meant for the player to evaluate what is going to benefit them the most, and then take it. I believe being lax or counter reactive too much in competitive Pokemon only leaves you room to be taken advantage of. So, instead, Aceelgor puts the ball in your court.

Thanks to its great speed, sash, and Encore attack, this lead is able to give you a ton of successful options. I tend to go for both a Spike and T Spike in most matches. I consider the toxic status combined with the 12% chip with spikes is better than the 17% given with two spikes, and this team is no doubt meant to stall out on times to let the poison damage stack up if needed. The basic strategy is to Spike, then Encore the opponent into their own hazards if applicable. Rinse and repeat to get up all the layers needed. Final Gambit then prevents Defog or Rapid Spin.

The big bonus here is Final Gambit taking out threats. Here's a list of mons I would say to use it against, as it is probably worthwhile (at full health):

List of helpful 1HKOs:
Ferrothorn - Helps let Kart and Gren sweep
Heatran - Helps let Kart, Bulu, and Victini sweep
Toxapex - Helps let everything sweep lol, prevents T Spikes
Magearna -Helps let Kart and Gren sweep
Pelliper - Removes rain. Not always a priority, as you do have Bulu, but helpful
Torn-T - Helps let Kart and Bulu sweep, controls speed
Lando-T - I wouldn't always recommend, as they can likely be scarf or sash and you can encore their rocks, but still kills
Tapu Koko - Great for baiting in the Hawlucha once its gone, controls speed

Not 1HKOs but can be worth the damage:
Zapdos - Helps let Kart sweep and Bulu, can be revenged with Gren
Celesteela - Helps let Kart sweep, can be an annoying mon otherwise
Tyranitar - Helps let Balcephalon spweep

Overall, this list is not complete for the reason being that other mons just are not likely to bee seen in OU or situations were a full HP Final Gambit would be likely. Still, this mon has helped me build great early game momentum, and is a bit of a star on this team.

Victini @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- V-create
- Trick Room
- Power-Up Punch
- Bolt Strike

Victini acts as the glue for this team. It patches up all offensive and defensive holes I can think of otherwise, and ends up being a surprise threat to most teams. Offensively, it brings a much needed physical nuke with V-create, and defensively becomes my main switch in to a ton of neutral match ups Like Hawlucha or Magearna. +2 Hawlucha only does around 80% to this set, allowing you to eat your berry, set up a TR, and counter sweep.

Again theres just a ton of switch ins to this mon, and it can reliably hit hard back.

Besides switch ins, Power Up Punch is primarily for stall, where after one you do 76 - 89.4%, and have a 31.3% chance to 1HKO Toxapex. Bolt Strike over Zen Headbutt as it does more damage even after STAB, and helps hit hard on water types and Heatran. Furthermore, resisted V-creates do more damage then neutral zens, so thats that. At -1 speed, your total reaches 122, which is comparable but one point higher to TR Mag. Keep that in mind, as you'll need -2 speed to be lower than a lot of slower mons like Pex or Tangrowth. The middle speed you start at can be a blessing or a curse, so plan the turns and V-creates accordingly.

This mon has helped me break through stall and semi stall teams a ton. It also can be an underrated wincon against HO, as its Fire-Electric coverage and high power is enough to sweep with the four turns of TR. This mon ends up being a work of art for this team.

>it doesn't have a shuffle icon lol

Blacephalon @ Ghostium Z
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Substitute
- Flame Charge

This take on Blace isn't the most popular, but it can easily break holes through teams and threaten the win.

As far as wall breaking, too many teams dont have the right answer to this things Ghostium Z attack, and likely will have to either sack a mon or have their gren go down to the red. Its a monster no doubt, and while it falters against most stall teams, it holds its own on all others.

The general idea is to go for Flame Charge when the opponent's health is low enough or you feel like its safe. After the kill, try your best to continue to sweep. Its obviously held back by many faster scarfers, as well as Water Shuriken, but at least you have Sub mind games for Sucker Punch. Sub is also great for letting the opponent take more chip damage from Poison if you got that T spikes up, as well as stall out weathers or other conditions like TR. No doubt a worthy mon for this team.

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- Horn Leech
- Superpower

A pretty simple bulu set. Bulu is meant to be an answer to ground attacks and enemy Ash Grens, while hitting everything hard with Horn Leach and pressuring with SD. Superpower is all the coverage you practically need, and while Stone Edge and even Zen Headbutt have their uses, Protect lets bulu come into so many hard hitting attacks and recover that full 12% with leftovers and grassy terrain. It truly makes a difference, and as bulu is a defensive pivot on this team, I get more out of it staying alive and regenerating HP. Plus, T Spikes stalling.

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword

Greninja @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse

I'm combining the analysis of these two just because, while staples to this team, they are also staples to OU, and there is not much else to be said about them. I myself in past RMTs have went over how amazingly offensive and powerful this duo is, and its more like they feel very comfortable for me to use.

On this team, Kart is a much needed speed check and physical attacker. Everything that outspeeds it is luckily then most likely handled by Victini or Bulu. Use kart mid game to Knock Off lefties on mons like Celesteela and Zapdos, and of course still as a revenge killer or late game sweeper. Small tangent, but if its 1-1 with two scarf karts, and you know its skarf, it could be better to go for knock off instead of sacred sword, so long as Gren or any other switch in is alive. Then, go back and hit with Sacred Sword.

Gren is also cookie cutter, but I would say that T Spikes pressures players into switching in their Gren check not named Pex or Mag. That of course is extremely helpful in the long run, to wear them down. The fourth move, U-Turn, is there for pivoting and scouting your opponent.

Watchlist:

Toxapex - This mon can allude all your big hits, eat up T Spikes, and regen it all back. Your best bet is to PuP with Vic and try to bash it hard with Bolt.

Tyranitar - Offense and balance use this mon a lot, and while you do have checks in Kart and Gren, just be careful with Blace, as it can do absolutely nothing to it and be trapped.

Dragonite - While rare, without SR Dragonite's Multiscale keeps intact, and a +1 Supersonic Skystrike eats up everything. Unlike Pinisr, it will tear through Victini, and resists Water Shuricken, Be careful if you see this mon.

Conclusion:

Uhhhhh I get that this RMT is a little lazier than pasts, but have fun with the team. I love it a lot, and I think its the offensive presence that the meta can enjoy at the moment. Have Fun!

Replays:

Check these out to see how I like to play these teams, and against different strategies.
(Rating)
(1781) Vs That Lop-Crawdunt Team https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-800987275
(1951) Vs Rain https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-801005962
(1732) Vs Semi Stall https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-800990104
(1863) Vs Mega Venasaur Balance against "BC Sweet Killer" (I won but he asked to remove this replay. Essentially, we both took trade offs, but I kept my Victini alive and was able to break through his mega Venasaur and Chansey, leaving Kart able to sweep in the end)

If you want more games, check me using anytime soon! See ya.

Attachments

S1nn0hC0nfirm3d

aka Ho3nConfirm3d
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
seems kinda pointless without stealth rocks
Spikes does more to steel types that threaten a lot of my offensive mons, whether it is a single spike or many. Flying types and levitate users not named Hydreigon or Mantine tend to be weak to Ash Gren or Victini anyways, so it never bothered me. My favorite match ups with this team is HO, and the lack of SR never bothered me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)