2016/17 Soccer/Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He also suggested making penalty shootouts like a 1v1 where the player dribbles the ball towards the keeper (which is retarded).

This is back when chipping the ball somehow wasn't invented yet... (???)

Sin bins might be a good idea. No extra time and 90 mins split into quarters would need careful consideration but could possibly work. The rest are retarded.

He also suggested making penalty shootouts like a 1v1 where the player dribbles the ball towards the keeper (which is retarded).

This is back when chipping the ball somehow wasn't invented yet... (???)

Sin bins might be a good idea. No extra time and 90 mins split into quarters would need careful consideration but could possibly work. The rest are retarded.
The 1v1 could actually be a cool idea and stop the luck of pk shootouts. The reason chipping wasn't invented is because you had a certain time for the ball to cross the line (5 or 6 seconds I think) so you have to go like 40 yards in 6 seconds to score. Could have helped knock portugal out of the euro's and made it more fun which is why it is the one idea I kind of like. The sin bin is meh don't really see why they would need it exactly. Everything else is stupid

Now Chelsea will win the league, rip Liverpool. If Burnley don't stop Arsenal tomorrow, I think it would be Chelsea vs Tottenham until the end.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
I don't think the ideas are that bad, though they probably need to be polished. My thoughts on them:

1. No Offside: I feel like offside is required to a certain degree, but its current state seems to restrict play way too much. Maybe some sort of a 3s rule like in basketball, or something similar to the zones in Football-7 would be better?

2. Sin bins and orange cards: Actually long overdue. Yellow cards are absolutely stupid right now, as they dont punish teams that are good at 'spreading' the cards among their players. It's absurd that a yellow card doesnt affect the current game but future ones. Completely agree with this one.

3. No extra time: well, as long as they find a way to punish time wasting...

4. Limit for penalty-shootouts: I think penalty shootouts are fine.

5. 90 minutes split in 4 quarters: I guess this will make player rest better and maintain a good performance more minutes, so I guess it's not that bad. However, I feel like this would also help time-wasting teams a lot, so I'm not convinced about it

I'm considering changing my avy.. thoughts?

Also... Welbeck look goooooooooooooood. He's just a really fluid footballer, glad to see him have a solid match. I loved all the speed we had, it was thrilling to watch.

Perez deserves more play, but honestly.. where..

Yeah Perez played really well, his style was more like a playmaker rather than a striker which I didn't expect but he's been hinting at it for a while in his substitute appearances. He has set up a lot of goals now. Perez, Welbeck and Walcott just gives us a ridiculous number of options in attack.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
not arsed, we are third in the league and have a very real chance of promotion this season as it stands. will be annoying if we drop off form in the league, but at the moment i'm happy with it being our main priority. i'd be fucked off if i went to the game though, travelling down to sutton to watch a bunch of kids lose to a non-league side in the rain.

pretty funny though

Tomorrow is going to be fantastic.

Arsenal either loses, again, at the Bridge, and solidifies they have no chance at all and kneel to Chelsea the title winners..

Or, we win, and give false hope for a few more weeks.

Should be fun.

I literally have no expectations so don't care about the result. Will just enjoy.

Man, im really confused on Liverpool. Could have swore they would be this exciting free flowing team with no fear.

I don't pay attention to their articles or what is being said within their supporters, but what gives?

Man, im really confused on Liverpool. Could have swore they would be this exciting free flowing team with no fear.

I don't pay attention to their articles or what is being said within their supporters, but what gives?
Teams sit back and hit us on the counter. We have 0 plan against such teams as you can't press them and they give you no space in the final 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)