Battle Maison Discussion & Records

I've been trying to make a team consisting of Choice Band Scizor and Specially defensive Rotom-W, but I need a good third to round them out. Any thoughts? I generally get to about 30 and then I lose to Scizor to something haxy and I lack a teammate thats equally good in type/team synergy and offensive power.

Er, just noticed the bit in first post about not recording ongoing streaks :( oh well. I'm at 163 in Super Rotations now, here's my team.

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Intimidate
Jolly
252 HP 116 Def 140 Spe
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

The bulk ensures that once evolved, I'm never 2HKOed by Rhyperior's Stone Edge/Earthquake, or unSTABed Thunderbolts weaker than Latios. Speed outruns Scarf Manectric at +2, which seemed important at the time but so far every single one has locked itself into Overheat. Might switch to Adamant for some initial power. Restalk is his only form of recover, but it's fine since he only needs Waterfall as Mega and it gives me a secondary status absorber. His main job is to bait Electric/Rock attacks for Ferrothorn and

Ferrothorn @ Sitrus Berry
Sassy 0 Spe IV
252 HP 116 Def 140 SDef
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Never 2HKOed by Rampardos' Brick Break or Glaceon's Blizzard. Wish I could use Leftovers, but Aegislash needs it more. Leech Seed and protect get the most usage, but the STABs really help to eliminate some of the things Gyarados and Gliscor have trouble with.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
Impish
208 HP 64 Def 236 Spe
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Protect
- Earthquake

Just enough HP to be divisible by 8, then enough speed to outrun Adamant Krookodile. Rest in Defense since there's nowhere else for it to go. I just realised that I speed tie with +Spe base 80s, so I'll need to change it to 244 Spe. This thing does most of the work, stalling out anything that he's not weak to on the physical side - and with Leech Seed support he can just sub every turn to stall against everything else.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Brave
252 HP 28 Atk 140 Def 84 SDef
- Swords Dance
- King's Shield
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

Aegislash mostly comes out to deal with Crobat or finish everything off with Shadow Sneak, but I EV'd him extra bulky just in case. He survives any physical attack from full health, up to and including Slaking 3's Earthquake, and any special attack up to Modest Heatran's Fire Blast. So I have plenty of room to Sacred Sword the things I need to.

Grass/Poisons and Ferrothorn can take a while to finish off with this team, especially that SubSeed Venusaur. But it just works amazingly, I haven't ever come close to losing through a fault of the team yet.

Battle Maison Super Triples
Win Streak: 467

Talonflame @ Sky Plate
Adamant / Gale Wing
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
~ Protect
~ Tailwind
~ Brave Bird
~ Flare Blitz

Talonflame, the Tailwind user. Priority Tailwind is a godsend, combined with one of the best STAB combinations in the game. Flare Blitz and Brave Bird are so powerful, and priority Brave Bird saves my ass under Trick Room conditions. Brave Bird is also my best answer to Custap, Quick Claw and Sucker Punch. Protect is there for Fake Out users, mainly Jynx and Ludicolo. Another thing worth mentioning is that Talonflame's Electric weakness distracts Blastoise from being hit by Thunder/Thunderbolt. The AI tends to use Electric mons on Talonflame and Greninja way more often than trying to take out Blastoise.

Mega Blastoise @ Blastoisnite
Modest / Mega Launcher
6 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed
~ Protect
~ Ice Beam
~ Aura Sphere
~ Water Spout

Mega Blastoise is the big star of the team. It has the bulk, the power, and just about the right Speed under Tailwind. This Pokémon is the only Pokémon so far that I've spent PP Ups on to avoid being unable to Water Spout against Legendary trainers (Pressure). While one could argue that Dragon Pulse should be chosen over Ice Beam I would disagree for the fact that Blastoise has problems with Grass types. There are a lot of battles where the AI leads with three Grass types. I usually go for Water Spout on turn 1, protected by Mat Block. On turn 2 I have always been able to knock out all three leads with a combination of Brave Bird / Ice Beam / Ice Beam. The only Pokémon that I can think of which I would like to hit with Dragon Pulse instead of Ice Beam is Kingdra, but Kingdra can be dealt with.

Greninja @ Focus Sash
Timid / Protean
~ Mat Block
~ Ice Beam
~ Grass Knot
~ Dark Pulse

Mat Block and Protean makes Greninja one of the best Pokémon for Doubles and Triples. Giving Blastoise a free turn to wreck havoc with Water Spout, and allowing Talonflame to use Brave Bird / Flare Blitz after setting up Tailwind most of the time allows me to win most battles within 3 turns. Protean changing Greninja's typing messes with the AI so badly that it's almost sad. This moveset is the only moveset one should consider for Triples. Dark Pulse is able to hit all Pokémon on the field, while Ice Beam deals with Grass types, and Grass Knot deals with (most) Water types.

Rotom-W @ Wide Lens
Modest / Levitate
252 Sp.Atk / 6 Sp.Def / 252 Speed
~ Protect
~ Dark Pulse
~ Hydro Pump
~ Thunderbolt

Rotom-W, the first back up. I really felt like the team needed a Stab Electric Pokémon and it didn't take me long to figure out Rotom-W was the right Pokémon to fulfill this role. Rotom-W deals with Suicune, Milotic, Walrein and a bunch of other Water types the team may have trouble with depending on the situation I'm in. Levitate is just about the right ability to create more situations were Garchomp can Earthquake without me having to Protect. I went with Wide Lens because it makes it easier for me to deal with Double Team Cresselia and Lax Insence Walrein. It also boosts Hydro Pump's accuracy but I still find it shaky so I barely use it.

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Timid / Serene Grace
~ Air Slash
~ Aura Sphere
~ Flamethrower
~ Dazzling Gleam

Togekiss is the fourth Electric weakness this team has but that didn't stop me from using it. What bothers me more is it's Ice weakness. I chose Togekiss (with Scarf) to have something in the back when there is no Tailwind. STAB Dazzling Gleam and Air Slash is very good. Togekiss is the second Pokémon immune to Earthquake which allows me to switch in on predicted Earthquakes, as well as allowing Garchomp to Earthquake. I usually end up using Dazzlimg Gleam to bring stuff in Water Spout KO range. Air Slash is mainly (and almost only) for Ludicolo when Talonflame is gone. Aura Sphere and Flamethrower are moves I only use if they are super effective, or when I must hit that Walrein or Regigigas.

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Jolly / Rough Skin
~ Crunch
~ Protect
~ Earthquake
~ Dragon Claw

Garchomp. Garchomp was chosen because the team needed a physical attacker besides Talonflame, and I needed something to deal with Stockpile Lanturn more easily. It has a great Stab combination, with Crunch for coverage against Ghosts. I never considered Rock Slide because I am too afraid of it missing in crucial situations, and honestly, Crunch is so much better. Garchomp however, can't do much against most Fairy types. It is kinda forced to use Earthquake but the situation doesn't always
allow me to Earthquake. I can play around this most times though, as Fairy's aren't really a big problem for the team. Garchomp plays another role on turn 1 since Manectric, Jolteon and Electrode outspeed Greninja and always try to take it out with Thunder(bolt).

Lvl 50 stats:
Talonflame | 154/146/91/77/89/178
Blastoise | 155/107/140/205/135/130
Greninja | 148/90/87/155/91/191
Togekiss | 161/63/115/172/135/145
Rotom-W | 125/75/127/172/128/138
Garchomp | 184/182/115/81/105/169
(Funny) facts of this run:

- The AI used Will-O-Wisp on it's own Pokémon 8 times during this run. None of them had Guts/Flash Fire.
- Talonflame used Tailwind in all battles.
- This was the third run using this team. The first one ended at 372, the second one ended at 172.
I lost that one because I sent out my Garchomp left, not knowing the AI sends out it's last Pokémon to my right. Togekiss was locked into Dazzling Gleam and the AI sent out Talonflame. I've never felt so stupid when it comes to Pokémon related moments.
- I never won a battle with less than 2 Pokémon left.
- Togekiss used Flamethrower only 2 times this entire run, both were against Cobalion.
- After battle #272 I interrupted the challenge to see if the BP limit is 9.999, it turned out it still is.
- Luxray, Jynx and Regigigas are the three Pokémon that scare me the most.
- Assault Vest Snorlax survives Brave Bird + (Full HP) Water Spout + Grass Knot.
- In my Frontier/Tower/Subway/Maison history I've never had a streak as high as this one.
- My two highest streaks never gave me the #1 spot on the leaderboard. R Inanimate has a higher one in D/P Doubles and X/Y Triples.
- I never reached 400+ wins within 3 attempts. I did however reach 360 wins with my Super Doubles team the very first attempt.

I lost battle #468 against a Legendary Trainer who led with Raikou / Cresselia / Regigigas.
I went for the usual Tailwind + Water Spout + Mat Block but the Cresselia went for Trick Room (which it has never done before). I will edit this post later with the Battle Video, along with some other videos.

Battle Videos of this run:

Battle # 312 - JFHG-WWWW-WWW3-L62N (Vs. Starmie/Cogagrigus/Froslass/Drifblim/Gourgeist/Gothitelle)
Battle # 400 - SBKG-WWWW-WWW3-L5V2 (Vs. Lucario/Conkeldurr/Throh/Magmortar/Gallade/Probopass)
Battle # 427 - GZKW-WWWW-WWW3-L6WC (Vs. Virizion/Regice/Zapdos/Regigigas/Cresselia/Thundurus)
Battle # 462 - CD8G-WWWW-WWW3-L6X2 (Vs. Virizion/Latios/Cobalion/Moltres/Raikou/Thundurus)
Battle # 468 - WJUG-WWWW-WWW3-L638 (Vs. Raikou/Cresselia/Regigigas/Terrakion/Zapdos/Cobalion)

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Battle Maison Super Triples
Win Streak: 467

Talonflame @ Sky Plate
Adamant / Gale Wing
~ Protect
~ Tailwind
~ Brave Bird
~ Flare Blitz

Talonflame, the Tailwind user. Priority Tailwind is a godsend, combined with one of the best STAB combinations in the game. Flare Blitz and Brave Bird are so powerful, and priority Brave Bird saves my ass under Trick Room conditions. Brave Bird is also my best answer to Custap, Quick Claw and Sucker Punch. Protect is there for Fake Out users, mainly Jynx and Ludicolo. Another thing worth mentioning is that Talonflame's Electric weakness distracts Blastoise from being hit by Thunder/Thunderbolt. The AI tends to use Electric mons on Talonflame and Greninja way more often than trying to take out Blastoise.

Mega Blastoise @ Blastoisnite
Modest / Mega Launcher
~ Protect
~ Ice Beam
~ Aura Sphere
~ Water Spout

Mega Blastoise is the big star of the team. It has the bulk, the power, and just about the right Speed under Tailwind. This Pokémon is the only Pokémon so far that I've spent PP Ups on to avoid being unable to Water Spout against Legendary trainers (Pressure). While one could argue that Dragon Pulse should be chosen over Ice Beam I would disagree for the fact that Blastoise has problems with Grass types. There are a lot of battles where the AI leads with three Grass types. I usually go for Water Spout on turn 1, protected by Mat Block. On turn 2 I have always been able to knock out all three leads with a combination of Brave Bird / Ice Beam / Ice Beam. The only Pokémon that I can think of which I would like to hit with Dragon Pulse instead of Ice Beam is Kingdra, but Kingdra can be dealt with.

Greninja @ Focus Sash
Timid / Protean
~ Mat Block
~ Ice Beam
~ Grass Knot
~ Dark Pulse

Mat Block and Protean makes Greninja one of the best Pokémon for Doubles and Triples. Giving Blastoise a free turn to wreck havoc with Water Spout, and allowing Talonflame to use Brave Bird / Flare Blitz after setting up Tailwind most of the time allows me to win most battles within 3 turns. Protean changing Greninja's typing messes with the AI so badly that it's almost sad. This moveset is the only moveset one should consider for Triples. Dark Pulse is able to hit all Pokémon on the field, while Ice Beam deals with Grass types, and Grass Knot deals with (most) Water types.

Rotom-W @ Wide Lens
Modest / Levitate
252 Sp.Atk / 6 Sp.Def / 252 Speed
~ Protect
~ Dark Pulse
~ Hydro Pump
~ Thunderbolt

Rotom-W, the first back up. I really felt like the team needed a Stab Electric Pokémon and it didn't take me long to figure out Rotom-W was the right Pokémon to fulfill this role. Rotom-W deals with Suicune, Milotic, Walrein and a bunch of other Water types the team may have trouble with depending on the situation I'm in. Levitate is just about the right ability to create more situations were Garchomp can Earthquake without me having to Protect. I went with Wide Lens because it makes it easier for me to deal with Double Team Cresselia and Lax Insence Walrein. It also boosts Hydro Pump's accuracy but I still find it shaky so I barely use it.

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Timid / Serene Grace
~ Air Slash
~ Aura Sphere
~ Flamethrower
~ Dazzling Gleam

Togekiss is the fourth Electric weakness this team has but that didn't stop me from using it. What bothers me more is it's Ice weakness. I chose Togekiss (with Scarf) to have something in the back when there is no Tailwind. STAB Dazzling Gleam and Air Slash is very good. Togekiss is the second Pokémon immune to Earthquake which allows me to switch in on predicted Earthquakes, as well as allowing Garchomp to Earthquake. I usually end up using Dazzlimg Gleam to bring stuff in Water Spout KO range. Air Slash is mainly (and almost only) for Ludicolo when Talonflame is gone. Aura Sphere and Flamethrower are moves I only use if they are super effective, or when I must hit that Walrein or Regigigas.

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Jolly / Rough Skin
~ Crunch
~ Protect
~ Earthquake
~ Dragon Claw

Garchomp. Garchomp was chosen because the team needed a physical attacker besides Talonflame, and I needed something to deal with Stockpile Lanturn more easily. It has a great Stab combination, with Crunch for coverage against Ghosts. I never considered Rock Slide because I am too afraid of it missing in crucial situations, and honestly, Crunch is so much better. Garchomp however, can't do much against most Fairy types. It is kinda forced to use Earthquake but the situation doesn't always
allow me to Earthquake. I can play around this most times though, as Fairy's aren't really a big problem for the team. Garchomp plays another role on turn 1 since Manectric and Electrode outspeed Greninja and always try to take it out with Thunder(bolt).

(Funny) facts of this run:

- The AI used Will-O-Wisp on it's own Pokémon 8 times during this run. None of them had Guts/Flash Fire.
- Talonflame used Tailwind in all battles.
- This was the third run using this team. The first one ended at 372, the second one ended at 172.
I lost that one because I sent out my Garchomp left, not knowing the AI sends out it's last Pokémon to my right. Togekiss was locked into Dazzling Gleam and the AI sent out Talonflame. I've never felt so stupid when it comes to Pokémon related moments.
- I never won a battle with less than 2 Pokémon left.
- Togekiss used Flamethrower only 2 times this entire run, both were against Cobalion.
- After battle #272 I interrupted the challenge to see if the BP limit is 9.999, it turned out it still is.
- Luxray, Jynx and Regigigas are the three Pokémon that scare me the most.
- Assault Vest Snorlax survives Brave Bird + (Full HP) Water Spout + Grass Knot.
- I've only faced one Drifblim that had Aftermath (and I've faced Drifblim alot).
- In my Frontier/Tower/Subway/Maison history I've never had a streak as high as this one.
- My two highest streaks never gave me the #1 spot on the leaderboard. R Inanimate has a higher one in D/P Doubles and X/Y Triples.
- I never reached 400+ wins within 3 attempts. I did however reach 360 wins with my Super Doubles team the very first attempt.

I lost battle #468 against a Legendary Trainer who led with Raikou / Cresselia / Regigigas.
I went for the usual Tailwind + Water Spout + Mat Block but the Cresselia went for Trick Room (which it has never done before). I will edit this post later with the Battle Video, along with some other videos.

Thanks for reading.
That is too bad Eppie, was sure you would get a 500+ streak with your previous update. Gl smashing your current record sometime soon :-)

I'm tired of consistently losing in Rotation battles in the mid-40s. I'll swap out a few pokemon or I might go to doubles for a break.

Hey guys. I appreciate all the extremely helpful information in this thread. I'm working on my last trophy in Super Multi and would appreciate any feedback on my setup. It's working at the moment (22 streak currently), but something feels odd about it and I can't put my finger on it. Any input is appreciated.

My lead:
Kangaskhan@Kangaskhanite
Scrappy
Jolly, 252Atk/252Spe/4HP
Fake Out
Return
Sucker Punch
Earthquake

AI lead:
Crobat@Razor Claw
Infiltrator
Stats at 50: 160/142/100/81/100/200
Cross Poison
Brave Bird
Zen Headbutt
X-Scissor

My bench:
Aegislash@Leftovers
Brave, 252Atk/252HP/4SpD
King's Shield
Swords Dance
Shadow Sneak
Sacred Sword

AI bench:
Porygon-Z@Expert Belt
Analytic
Stats at 50: 192/90/90/205/95/110
Psychic
Ice Beam
Signal Beam
Charge Beam

Like I said, it's been working so far. Crobat seems to only know how to Brave Bird despite type advantage of other moves. Porygon makes smarter plays for the most part. Generally I'm able to predict who's getting the first Brave Bird and Fake Out the other guy. But something just feels off and I wanted to see what you guys thought before I continue.

Nevermind! Got it done.
Screen Shot 2013-12-10 at 10.59.13 AM.png

Singles: Durant Mega Pinsir Dragonite
Doubles: Mega Kangaskhan Dragonite Gengar Greninja
Triples: Tyranitar Mega Garchomp Ambipom Gengar Amoonguss Talonflame
Rotation: Tyranitar Aron Aegislash Mega Kangaskhan
Multi: Mega Kangaskhan Aegislash AI: Crobat Porygon-Z

Everything paused at 50. Going to go back and try to work on my triples streak.

Nevermind! Got it done.
View attachment 5376

Singles: Durant Mega Pinsir Dragonite
Doubles: Mega Kangaskhan Dragonite Gengar Greninja
Triples: Tyranitar Mega Garchomp Ambipom Gengar Amoonguss Talonflame
Rotation: Tyranitar Aron Aegislash Mega Kangaskhan
Multi: Mega Kangaskhan Aegislash AI: Crobat Porygon-Z

Everything paused at 50. Going to go back and try to work on my triples streak.
Gratz, another member of the trophie HoF!
The trick with multi AI partners seems to be to get one with pure attacking pokés, that are either speedy or bulky, with high accuracy moves. Thats atleast what ive learned during my attempts before I made it through.

Agreed. The trick then is predicting who exactly is going to be attacked by your opponent and using Fake Out appropriately.
Ye, i considered going with M-Khan and Aegislash, but felt that having 2 with fighting weakness would be too much, so used Azu instead of M-Khan. It did wonders untill I met 2x electric leads that para haxed my ai partner.

Okay, I finally finished my streak in Super Singles.
tumblr_mxmgs6ydAe1r5iwqdo1_500.jpg

Mega-Kangaskhan
Nature: Adamant
4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed
-Return
-Power-Up-Punch
-Sucker Punch
-Crunch

Greninja
Nature: Timid
Ability: Protean
Focus Sash
4 HP/252 Sp. Attack/252 Speed
-Surf
-Dark Pulse
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot

Garchomp
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Rough Skin
Life Orb
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Fire Fang

Mega Kanga = easy mode. The strategy was literally:

1) Have Mega Kanga go apeshit.
2) Did Mega Kanga die? Yes? Send in Greninja to clean up.

Garchomp was hardly ever used except for the few times where Greninja wasn't able to finish the job. I also used it to switch into obvious Thunder Waves and to avoid letting Kangaskhan get paralyzed by Static users but halfway through I was kind of wishing I was using Aegislash instead so I could avoid the Fighting moves aimed at Kangaskhan. It definitely would have helped in the final battle where Kangaskhan lost to a Focus Blast Cobalion, though it was admittedly my fault for trying to brute force my way through it with PuP + Return. After Greninja finished off the Cobalion it got para-haxed by a Latias's Thunder which then finished off Garchomp with a Draco Meteor. Next time I'll try Aegislash instead and see if I can go farther.

Last edited:
I'm having a lot of fun with a new team in Super Singles. I'm only at 31 right now, but I hope this team can take me further. I haven't run into many problems, and the times that I've hit road bumps, it's mostly been by fault. This is the most fun I've had in Maison so far.

The Lead: Klefki @ Light Clay (Might switch to Air Balloon)
Ability: Prankster
- Thunder Wave
- Reflect
- Swagger
- Foul Play

Open with T-wave. Then, either Swagger or Reflect. From then on, rely on the hax. Confusion and Para are brutal. Especially with Prankster making it so they can almost never be free from confusion. Add onto that the fact that the Swagger boost increases damage from being confused and foul play, and this is a crazy lead. I have swept multiple teams with this little guy. I really can't believe how well it functions.

I was originally using Klefki to set up screens and Spikes, but this is way better. I think the best part is that the AI just doesn't know what to do... The only real threat I've encountered is EQ users. But, I can switch safetly to Dragonite in that case, or rely on hax if I think I can survive one hit. A lot of fun to play too.

Backup: Greninja @ Life Orb
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Dark Pulse

Not much to say. Typical Greninja. Another really fun Pokemon to have on the team. It's fun to play mind games by switching types to always resist their hits. Makes Greninja surprisingly tanky. Great sweeper.

The Bouncer: Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
- Fire Punch
- EQ
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage

A total monster. Barely has problems. Only attack I'm not 100% on is Fire Punch, but it helps against pesky grass and steels. Again, not much to say as this is pretty typical.

Only thing about this team is that I wish it had a fighting attack. Otherwise, it's been so much fun to play.

Okay, I finally finished my streak in Super Singles.
View attachment 5409

Mega-Kangaskhan
4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed
-Return
-Power-Up-Punch
-Sucker Punch
-Crunch

Greninja
Nature: Timid
Focus Sash
4 HP/252 Sp. Attack/252 Speed
-Surf
-Dark Pulse
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot

Garchomp
Life Orb
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Fire Fang

Mega Kanga = easy mode. The strategy was literally:

1) Have Mega Kanga go apeshit.
2) Did Mega Kanga die? Yes? Send in Greninja to clean up.

Garchomp was hardly ever used except for the few times where Greninja wasn't able to finish the job. I also used it to switch into obvious Thunder Waves and to avoid letting Kangaskhan get paralyzed by Static users but halfway through I was kind of wishing I was using Aegislash instead so I could avoid the Fighting moves aimed at Kangaskhan. It definitely would have helped in the final battle where Kangaskhan lost to a Focus Blast Cobalion, though it was admittedly my fault for trying to brute force my way through it with PuP + Return. After Greninja finished off the Cobalion it got para-haxed by a Latias's Thunder which then finished off Garchomp with a Draco Meteor. Next time I'll try Aegislash instead and see if I can go farther.
Did you feel like there were any times you would have preferred Kanga to be Jolly/faster?

Goddamn, is Super Multi with the AI difficult. After losing on battles 33, 1, 7, 4, and 1 again using all different partners, I'm just gonna say that it's very close to impossible and wait until I find the miracle of a new AI partner with Porygon-Z and / or a good dragon type.

Goddamn, is Super Multi with the AI difficult. After losing on battles 33, 1, 7, 4, and 1 again using all different partners, I'm just gonna say that it's very close to impossible and wait until I find the miracle of a new AI partner with Porygon-Z and / or a good dragon type.
Yeah the AI is good at being an idiot. I don't know how many FCs you have to choose from, but http://www.reddit.com/r/friendsafari is a good place to just add a ton of people and see what their AI team is.

I know it is a bit early for this, but I could not resist the thought of it with Pokebank 2 weeks away.

For the longest time I have been contemplating the idea of a Galvantula+MKanga combo with Galv setting up Sticky Web for Kanga to not need (as much) speed to do work--primarily because of the horror stories of Sucker Punch v. WoW ghosts I have heard. Recently, however, I thought of something better--Thundurus-Incarnate.

Basically it goes as follows:

Thundurus-I@Focus Sash/Life Orb/Expert Belt/Lum Berry (whatever you like)
Timid Nature
4hp 252satk 252spe
Thunderbolt
Focus Miss Blast/Substitute
Grass Knot
Thunder Wave

Basically you kill stuff that you can, then TWave what you can't for MKanga to finish off. Works just as well, if not better with Azumarril (no need for weak Aqua jets and gets rid of Special walls) or MMawile (same Sucker Punch horror stories as MKanga, resists Toxic, and hits obscenely hard). Sub could also be fun for scouting/trolling walls (if you have a leftovers slot, preferably). The para immunity only makes him better since that base 111 speed is not going to change any time soon.

With Sub you could even try a pinch berry (just adjust your EVs to fit it), but that would be gimmicky, IMO.

Only problem is since the majority of partners are physical it makes physical walls a pain if he gets OHKOed, but since two have Huge Power and the other is Mega Kangaskhan (nuff said) you can steamroll them easy enough.

EDIT: Also wanted to ask the question of how to unlock more music in the Maison, have asked it before but no answer (I am really hoping to unlock the Lysandre and Korrina themes for the Maison)

Last edited:
-snip-
EDIT: Also wanted to ask the question of how to unlock more music in the Maison, have asked it before but no answer (I am really hoping to unlock the Lysandre and Korrina themes for the Maison)
Is it possible to unlock more? I thought it were only the 4-5 (not remembering atm) different battle musics that were standard.

Phew!
Nearly messed up everything on battle nr 200 in triples when I didnt protect on aboma 1st turn, but managed to get the win in the end.

The battle: X6RG-WWWW-WWW3-KRUU

After the scare I will take a small break, before I continue onwards with the streak

i'm running a durant set up and i need a bit of help with it currently i'm running

Durant @ Truant
Jolly
4HP/252atk/252Spe
choice scarf
entrainment
hone claws
iron head
x-sizers

butterfree @ tinted lense
timid
4HP/252 sp.atk/252Spe
life orb
protect
quiver dance
bug buzz
psychic

??????? @ megastone
jolly/adament
?????

so i need help with the last and final pokemon on my durant team. i'm running butterfree over dragon dancers and shell smashers because because of tinted lens and special attack based damage as majority of the BM in my experience tend to lean towards physical bulkiness rather than special bulk. i choose to run butterfree over the other quiver dancers because of tinted lens and after 3 quiver dance your going to OHKO everything anyways unless they resist it which is why tinted lens. am heavily considering swapping butterfree in favor of venomoth tho. suggestion for the final pokemon?

Is it possible to unlock more? I thought it were only the 4-5 (not remembering atm) different battle musics that were standard.
I assumed there were since the other 7 tracks are on WiFi. I understand that they use the E4 theme for the Chantelaines, but what about the rest?

The (starting?) themes are tracks 1-4 (only one of note is #4 the Gym Leader theme)

I brought in a Zapdos specifically to counter the chatelaine's Tornadus, with thunder wave / thunderbolt / substitute / roost and Maranga Berry. It got confused by Hurricane after the first turn, and hit itself in confusion every turn until it died. Tornadus then managed to confuse Garchomp on the first turn with Hurricane, then killed it with Focus Blast while Garchomp could do nothing in return. Finally, I sent out Greninja. I knew that Tornadus would survive ice beam because of yache berry, but I used it anyway hoping for tornadus to miss Focus Blast... nope. Never once did Hurricane or Focus Blast miss.

On the next run, I lost in the 20s. The opposing Breloom survived an ice beam from Greninja with Focus Sash, then put it to sleep with spore. I switched to Kangaskhan (dumb move, I should have switched to Garchomp who had rough skin) and got KOed by Focus Punch. I finished off Breloom with Garchomp's Outrage (it was choice banded, and I was worried about the opponent sending out a flying type if i used EQ), but it fell asleep due to Breloom's ****ing EFFECT SPORE ability. I lost the rest of the fight because I couldn't wake up.

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Just got to 193 in super singles with:

M-Kangaskhan @Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy -> Parental Bond
12 HP / 252 Atk / 246 Spd
-Crunch
-Sucker Punch
-Power Up Punch
-Return

Azumarill @Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Spd
-Waterfall
-Aqua Jet
-Play Rough
-Superpower

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
252 Atk / 252 / Spd / 6 HP
-Swords Dance
-Fire Fang
-Outrage
-Earthquake

Lost to a Sheer Cold Articuno and Play Rough missing :/ It was a really stupid match and I probably could have done a lot better, such as switching in Garchomp vs Cobalion, and having Stone Edge on Garchomp instead of Swords dance to take out the Articuno...I never used Swords Dance anyway since Garchomp functioned as an end game cleaner. Just a really stupid match. Heres the replay: QGTW-WWWW-WWW3-KTJV

the first 12 battles I used Timid Volcarona@Life Orb QD/Fiery Dance/Bug Buzz/Roost then switched him for Kangaskhan
anyway the mons that gave me trouble would be the sheer cold articuno, weakness policy carracosta as i couldn't power up punch him, and Tangrowth b/c hes so physically bulky, and if kanga's gone, garchomps fire fang is a 3HKO at best. Might switch it for Fire Blast and Swords dance for Stone Edge later on

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
I was thinking about running a Super Doubles team with an Adamant Mega-Kangaskhan and a Tailwind Talonflame, with Porygon-Z and a Togekiss/Clauncher in reserves. Priority Tailwind is apparently pretty good, and I managed to catch an Adamant female Kangaskhan, so I'm going with that. Not sure on Togekiss or Clauncher though. Both of my leads are physical, so I want some special backup. Thinking about a Chandelure instead of Porygon-Z until Pokebank comes out.

Advice would be appreciated. Doubles... isn't exactly my thing.

I was thinking about running a Super Doubles team with an Adamant Mega-Kangaskhan and a Tailwind Talonflame, with Porygon-Z and a Togekiss/Clauncher in reserves. Priority Tailwind is apparently pretty good, and I managed to catch an Adamant female Kangaskhan, so I'm going with that. Not sure on Togekiss or Clauncher though. Both of my leads are physical, so I want some special backup. Thinking about a Chandelure instead of Porygon-Z until Pokebank comes out.

Advice would be appreciated. Doubles... isn't exactly my thing.

I'd try Noivern, it gets Tailwind (in case Talonflame's runs out), has an immunity to M-Khan's EQs, and hits pretty hard with Dragon Pulse/Hurricane. It's abilities are nice too, Frisk lets you see BOTH opponent's items, Infiltrator is broken, and Telepathy has its niche (though it is arguably the worst ability). You could even use Boomburst on it for spread damage, if you want to. Togekiss is probably better than clauncher, but I'd wait until pokebank, then you can get one with heat wave (and it already has dazzling gleam).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)