Other Metagames Path To Progression (An AG RMT: Peaked at #1, 1983 ELO)

Damn Synoptic! Back at it again with another AG RMT!

Yes it's true, I am back. Now I know you all have been eagerly and anxiously waiting for my return with yet another flawless RMT, and now I am here to satisfy your needs ;). Without any further Introduction, since you already know about me (from my First RMT) we'll jump right into this "Disection."
So just a little backstory to the title of this RMT: The "Path To Progression" is essentially my journey to reach the #1 spot on the AG ladder, but I have challenged myself in doing so by purposefully giving myself multiple weaknesses to show everyone that even teams like this can overcome overwhelming odds.

The dude's part in this song is straight fire and explains the "Path To Progression" extremely well. Give this dank song a listen!
Smash that MFin like button fam!

Jumping into the actual RMT now:
Assembling The Team (Squad)

Beginning with a Lead, like all teams do, is my Rock setter- Fairy Arceus (Fairyceus). Now this is a relatively uncommon form to lead with, mainly because of the fact it gets status affliction relatively easily, gets destroyed by Poison and Steel Types, and also loses to Klefki, Darkrai, and can't clear out Hazards because there's no defog. I chose this Arceus form to lead because of the fact that it has solid 120 base stats (like all the other forms), and Fairy hits just about everything (either super effective or neutral) and takes care of Darkrai and setup leads. I'll be going in depth with each team member later.

Following the lead(er), we have a Specially Offensive Fairyceus. Once again, it's weak to Poison and Steel types, not as effective against Primal Groudons and other Fire types, but those weaknesses can be covered. Along with Klefki's Prankster bullshit, Darkrai can induce status against any Arceus form, even when there's a type advantage.

So when creating this team, I thought of keeping it pure HO, meaning no support on my team. I also intended the team to be split half and half, meaning 3 Physical attackers and 3 Special attackers. This Normceus Ekiller is the first on the Physical side. Yes, it's an Ekiller and no, it's not a LumCoat! I'm currently running a Life Orb to take take of those pesky Defensive Yveltals, which die after Stealth Rock damage. The Life Orb just gives me an extra "oomph" to kill other bulky mons such as Arceus, Primal Groudons and Xerns.

Ok to be honest, I kind of added Jirachi to the team because he's only useful for flinches and trick switches (actually it's because he's a meme). Obviously there are different sets for Jirachi, but I went along with what is probably the most overused set, Scarfrachi. This maximizes the amount of flinches I can pull off, and if possible, switch in and out to pull a trick off so I can set up with the other 2 Physical mons.

Leading up to the most potent wallbreaker in the AG Metagame is Our Lord and Savior, the True Snek Gawd- Mega Rayquaza. This monster of a mon can single handedly wipe out teams so I chose to use him (pretty obvious). I mean, he didn't get his own tier for nothing! Aside from the fact that MRay is too raw (like the way I go in, if you know what I mean), it's relatively frail imo. For this reason, I have given it enough bulk to live quite a few hits and proceed to Dance and sweep.

And with that, we reach the last and final member of the team which is Primal Kyogre. I like to call it a "Bluega Whale" (Beluga) because puns. This is also my last Special Attacker, capable of wiping out whole mons with an Origin Pulse. Being naturally bulky, it can withstand quiet a few hits, but this makes it relatively slow compared to the rest of the Meta. I added a bit of speed to be able to outspeed some support mons and Primal Groudon sets. There's also a bit of added bulk to increase the longevity of my Special sweeper.

#TheSquad

"Squaaaaaaad"-Fetty Wap

Team Disection

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Stealth Rock
- Magic Coat
- Roar

Starting off the Disection, we have our lead Fairyceus. Now Fairyceus was chosen due to the typing which beats Darkrai leads. Now you might be wondering why anyone would lead with Rai, and that's a great question, but one which I have no plausible answer to. Obviously Darkrai outspeeds the majority of the Meta, so it's natural that it is faster than Arceus. This leads to me having Magic Coat on it, to stop Voids, Taunters, and other setups. Roar is just to phase setup mons out so they don't give me as much trouble. Stealth Rock which is mandatory for all teams, useful for chip damage. The EVs on my lead are pretty self explanatory, 248 HP to give it bulk, 252 Speed to let it perform to its' fullest ability, only being outsped by Scarfmons, and mons naturally faster than base 120 speed.

Happiness: 0
EVs: 6 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Earth Power
- Recover

Following its fellow Fairyceus is the Specially Offensive version. 0 attack IVs to take as little damage as it can from attack based moves such as Foul Play. This is another common sent, Calm Mind to boost up its Specially Offensive and Defensive stats, Judgement for STAB towards pretty much everything in the Meta, barring 3 typings. Earth Power takes care of those 3 resistances, so no mon is generally a problem once Fairyceus has statted up. The biggest struggle for this mon would probably be "fat" mons such as Blissey or Chansey. Even Giratina can live a +1 Judgement at times. Recover is there because it increases the longevity of the mon.

Arceus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

The Ekiller. With a general usage of of 74.8% and the LO variant coming with 27.3%, this mean Arceus is the #1 most used pokémon in the AG Meta. Like I stated in my first RMT, no team is complete without an Arceus. As usual, I'm sticking to the status quo and using another common set. I know that I, up to this point have just about no decent Klefki coverage but assuming the Earthquake does get pulled off, by bye Klefki! Life Orb helps get an slight edge over bulky mons and types that resist my moves. I have Stone Edge over Shadow Claw/Frustration/Return/Anything Else because of bulky Yveltal. At +2, LO Stone Edge has a chance to OHKO defensive Ygod variants, and always kills after Rocks. EVs are standard, maximizes the damage output.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Trick

MEMES. That's all I have this guy for, tbh. Actually the reasons I have Memechi for are as following: It's a pivot, and a trickster, not to mention a haxer. Obviously those 3 adjectives come from its moveset. Serene Grace doubles the chance for the move's secondary effect, so I have Iron Head for STAB Flinches. Because of the choice scarf, you get locked so you do have to switch sometimes with Rachi. This is where the "pivoting" comes in. If you see an incoming switch and predict correctly, U-turn is extremely effective. When someone leads with Deoxys-Attack, I break the sash with Lead Fairyceus and then switch into Jirachi to take the next hit, and then U-turn out back into Lead Fairyceus, killing the Deo-A form. Healing Wish to save another member, and Trick for locking the opponent into setting up or force switching, This in turn lets me switch into another member who can setup and sweep. Once again, standard EVs that maximize the haxiness and damage output.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Lum Berry
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 200 Def / 58 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- V-create

#AllHailOurLordAndSaviorSnekGawd. Mega-Rayquaza has its own tier, so that just proves the animosity and power this mon possesses. It's a pretty standard moveset, so it doesn't really need an explanation. The EVs are a bit different than what is normally run by most players, so I'll explain them. 252 Attack for max damage, but I don't have it fully maxed because I'd rather run Jolly to win speed ties and be able to clean weak mons that are normally faster after a Dance, namely Arceus Forms. 200 Defense EVs allow me to survive 2 unbolted Espeeds, and a possibility of surviving a +2 Espeed from Arceus. The rest of the EVs are dumped into Speed.

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 152 Def / 252 SpA / 104 Spe
Modest Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Sleep Talk

Other than being fat as hell, and being able to dish out an extremely hellish amount of damage, Primal Kyogre has the ability to make me so fucking wet <3 OHKO most mons after Stealth Rock damage. All moves are standard except for Sleep Talk. Primal Kyogre is usually my switch in for Darkrai, which is why I have Stalk on POgre. The EV's are strange for this team member as well, so I'll explain. Kyogre being naturally so fat has decent bulky,but I wanted to let it survive a +2 Espeed from Arceus. The following is a calculation from Showdown's Damage Calculator:
+2 252 Atk Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 152 Def Primal Kyogre: 229-271 (67.1 - 79.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
This ensures that I can pull off 2 Origin pulses and take out one mon before I go, unless the opponents Pokémon is already weakened. 104 Speed lets me creep up on some support mons, and a few Primal Groudon sets.

Onto the threats that...threaten this team, lol. I'll start with Primary Threats, and then list what are Secondary Threats.

Mega Gengar is a threat because it can outspeed just about everything barring Deoxy Speed and Attack forms, Mewtwo, and Scarfmons. Essentially, MGar can wipe out the entire team if they are weak enough, and automatically takes out 1/3 of the team with a max SpA Poison type attack. It can take out 1/2 the team if the opponent predicts a Jirachi switch correctly and uses Shadow Ball instead. Focus blast and Destiny Bond also takes care of the Ekiller. Can be countered by POgre's Thunder or Ice Beam, which is usually a 2HKO. Jirachi's flinch hax also work well, and MRay just destroys this at +1.

Arceus Poison is also another threat due to its typing. Unless it's a support set, both Fairyceus will lose in a 1v1 against this thing. Only Jirachi can switch in on it, but if Jirachi gets hit with an Earthquake or Earth Power, it loses. Once again, Poisonous can take 1/3 of the team out with no problem, and possibly 1/2. To counter this, I'd say hit this mon with a +2 Earthquake from either MRay or Arceus. Jirachi is a decent check, but only if the hax are on your side.
Xerneas is always going to be a problem after it's Geo'd. I'd like to switch into Jirachi no matter what when someone throws Xerneas out because Flinchax and ScarfRachi outspeeds ScarfXern, If Jirachi does end up dying, or you see an incoming Geomancy, I just phase them out with Lead Fairyceus if it's alive. Now if that is gone, Espeed spam and hope for the best!

I have virtually nothing to counter this piece of shit haxmon, so you have to rely on luck lol. If possible, I Coat everything I can with Lead Fairyceus until Klefki is pretty crippled by itself and then switch to a different mon, such a LumRay or LO Ekiller to kill the keys. Other than that tactic, I rely on hax and RNG to favor me.

Just like Poison types, Steelceus can wipe out 1/3 of the team right away. Honestly, SpA Fairyceus can beat Steelceus in a 1v1, but only if it wins the speed ties. Other than that, Earth Power does quite a bit to Steelceus. If Fairyceus is out, or needs to be saved, setup with MRay or Ekiller and go ahead and sweep.

Primal Groudon is absolute monster to this team. Able to deal insane amounts of damage after any boost, and resists 3 members of the team. The only effective and surefire way to do this it's to setup with either MRay or the Ekiller. You can also bring in POgre to kill because it's usually faster then most Groudon sets.

Due to the lack of any opposite typing against this, Ferrothorn can essentially wall my team. Best way to counter this is to setup with either MRay or Ekiller and spam Earthquake. Or switch out Earthquake on MRay and use V-Create. This is about the same deal with Skarmory.

Due to the lack of any opposite typing against this, Skarmory can essentially wall my team. Best way to counter this is to bring out POgre and Spam Thunder/Ice Beam or setup with Ekiller and use Stone Edge. You can also switch out Earthquake on MRay and use V-Create. This is about the same deal with Ferrothorn.
Secondary threat: Darkrai is countered by both Fairyceus, LumRay, and ScarfRachi. Obviously there are many ways to take Darkrai out, but it's listed as a threat due to the fact that it can outspeed, it has different sets capable of doing a lot of damage and the ways in which a player uses it, i.e. Substituting instead of Dark Voiding. Checked by just about everything on this team lol.

Secondary threat: Arceus isn't a huge problem because I have the Lead Fairyceus to phase out setups, POgre can OHKO with Origin Pulse (after Rocks), Jirachi has the ability to kill with Flinchax, but not always, and my bulky LumRay can live a +2 Espeed after Rocks.

This is just a quick thanks to all those who made my time on Pokémon Showdown a great time and have given me many good memories! (No specific order)

HunterStorm- AGeezus (Haha, get it?) Thanks for coming back and helping get even better and giving me all your teams :^) I wish you didn't quit multiple times and then reappear out of nowhere D: Another huge ass shoutout to you for helping me build around this team, I couldn't have gotten to where I am in (essentially) all of the competitive scene of Pokémon. Also, I think I should be nommed for A- Rank at least in the viability pond #SenpaiShiv4Lyfe<3

Transcendent God Champion- Dragon Master Lance, thanks so much for your help with my RMT's man, without you, none of this would've happened. Please stick around to help me more LOL. Btw, get your ass back into AG pls <3

Megaqwer- Great friend of mine, thanks for all the laughs you give me bro, and all the wins <3 You're always going to be my little MegaQueer , LOL ^_^

DonnoTheFirst
- Shoutout to my nigga Donno for being a Kool Kat :^) Thanks for always chatting to me about everything, and giving me good matches in the ladder :) I know why your new alt is named Infinity Hand :^) #DonBae<3

Zangooser- Great person and friend to talk to about anything, pretty open minded. Thanks to you for also putting up with my bitching about team making and billions of questions, lmfao. You're a good AG player... just good ;D Nom me for A rank in viability pls

Linear Curve- You're one dope ass player, and a really good guy. Super sorry for all the times I got salty at you and talked shit to you... Seriously, my fault fam. Thanks for constantly kicking my ass like Hunter, makes me feel great that I can't dethrone you smh <3

PurpleGatorade- Tbh, one of the coolest dudes on Showdown I have ever met. Thanks for all the really haxy good games man, I loved all of them :) Definitely hit me up if you ever need to test teams or want to play me :)

TotallyNotTyler- You're a real chill person to talk to, I have fun in doing so! Playing against you is always easy and fast because skrub status fun too, but don't be afraid to ladder LOL. Also, don't worry, your secret is safe with me ;D

MMM-We had lots of great talks, and you have some pretty dank memes, kek. Sorry for thinking you were a chick for the longest of times, LMAO. Where'd you go? Come back to AG m8.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-397404760 (Against 5545dd5545d, a Random who thinks he's good at AG)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-397588310 (Against wfuu, a Random AG player)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-398727677 (Against kscdigang, a Decent Random at AG)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-397590437 (Against woosty, a Good AG player)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-397823085 (Against Erotic Pigeons, a Good AG player)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-397871347 (Against Artemis_v13, a Random AG player)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-398022337(Against Linear Curve, a great friend and Godly AG player)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-398089664 (Against PurpleGatorade, a good friend and Good AG player)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-398263121 (Against Constan, a Random AG player)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-398268295 (Against Megaqwer, a good friend and Good AG player)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-398646134 (Against EyeOfWolf, a Random AG player)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-398667672 (Against Charizard86, a Random AG player)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-398706093 (Against pokemobro, a Random AG player)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-399905917 (Against DontStealMyPenguin, a good friend and Great AG player)

EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Stealth Rock
- Magic Coat
- Roar

EVs: 6 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Earth Power
- Recover

Arceus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Trick

Rayquaza-Mega @ Lum Berry
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 200 Def / 58 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- V-create

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 152 Def / 252 SpA / 104 Spe
Modest Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Sleep Talk

Alrighty, you have once again reached the end of this amazing and flawless RMT. Though most of you were not physically with me, you have all in a sense walked with me on the Path Of Progression! Consider yourselves lucky because you were able to walk it for free and got to the top without doing any work, damn freeloaders smh Congrats on taking the beaten path, and surviving that arduous journey! If you haven't already, go ahead and eat a cookie :) (Fucking fatass) Now that the RMT is over, you can go back to your boring, bleak, and dreary lives until I (possibly) return with another one. Try not to miss me too much! As for the AG Fam, pls don't pester me to come back, kek.
Much love from The One and Only, Synoptic <3

Last edited:
It's finally finished! Enjoy my niggs fellow players!
Edit: I actually still have a bunch to fix, mainly grammar and explaining the sets lol. Sorry for not finishing the entirety of the RMT. Will do soon :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mq
Just saw this, and I'll probably edit this for more detail later, but the MRay spread stands out to me. It's an interesting spread, but it needs more support. Those EVs are rendered useless by Stealth Rocks, and you have no form of hazard removal. I'd suggest just running a standard spread.

-AFAR-

Banned deucer.
team looks solid and it must work in practice due to your peak. Jirachi did stick out like a saw thumb. If you want to use it for flinches, try Skymin. It has decently nice coverage albeit is incredibly frail. Ho Oh could also work in this slot as a way to tank and deal with faries and can pivot out easily due to its regenerator ability.

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Atk / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

or

Shaymin-Sky @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power Rock
- Healing Wish

team is otherwise solid though. Good job on your beak and good luck with your team in the future.

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
team looks solid and it must work in practice due to your peak. Jirachi did stick out like a saw thumb. If you want to use it for flinches, try Skymin. It has decently nice coverage albeit is incredibly frail. Ho Oh could also work in this slot as a way to tank and deal with faries and can pivot out easily due to its regenerator ability.

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

or

Shaymin-Sky @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power Rock
- Healing Wish

team is otherwise solid though. Good job on your beak and good luck with your team in the future.
Ho oh wont we a good idea as he lacks defog and shaymin is too frail plus seed flare isnt super effective on xern, so wont help him much and ekillers are everywhere tbh

Not trying to be rude, but what makes this team good if 4 out of the 5 most common mons are on your threatlist?
It's a threat list bruh, just because something is on my team, doesn't mean it can't be a threat to it also. Also, look at the "Brief Introduction" portion at the beginning. The team was designed to be flawed, which makes it a "Path To Progression" when using it to peak. You're not being rude, but I get where you're coming from.

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

or

Shaymin-Sky @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power Rock
- Healing Wish

See Megaqwer's post above^

bp scrub

rub a dub dub one scrub in a tub
Rayquaza spread: 140 attack/168 speed with Adamant has the same 308 speed as 252/56 Jolly while increasing attack from 459 to 474

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
hi nice team etc etc heres a rate

The biggest thing I see is Darkrai. Your switchin is POgre, but it is slower so Rai just subs on it freely and leaves rng wake up turns to screw you over. Ray can kinda come in once but if Rai is willing to take the espeed that doesn't work either. It voids on virtually everything else excluding Rachi (which it can also 1v1 depending on flinches since rachi needs a bunch), so your current check is dodging and wearing down as it weakens your team tremendously. Genesect > Rachi is a cool option. Genesect has some disadvantages, but sleep talk plus bug buzz allows it to pivot into darkrai flawlessly. Scarf U-turn is still there, the main difference being u-turn being the more spammable move as opposed to Iron Head. You miss out on Healing Wish, but honestly its more than worth it in my opinion. Genesect is also much better at netting momentum than Rachi because with its spammable move being U-turn it won't often get locked into a STAB that can't damage a big threat, such as Pdon. Speaking of Pdon, while Genesect isn't a check by any means (its actually countered back by Pdon) it does fair better than Rachi which is nice, not only because of U-turn but also because Bug Buzz does a lot more and non-fire-move Pdon can't OHKO you back either. Iron Head lets you come in on Scarf Xern once at least and either U-turn predicting the switch or Iron Head to KO it, and can be nice for damage late game. No SpA EVs are needed to KO Rai, so a stronger U-turn is preferred.

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
Naughty Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Iron Head
- Bug Buzz
- U-turn

Like someone mentioned, your Ray set isn't really worth it. Adamant is probably a good idea, but either way a max speed set is much more optimal. However, I don't think your Ray set is needed at all on this team, you already have 2 sweepers. Band is closer, but it still has issues with Skarm (predicting switch with a move that drops speed and defenses is risky). In my opinion mixed LO is gonna help a ton. Lum would be nice but unfortunately without LO you need to invest in SpA to guarantee the OHKO on standard Pdon, and the extra power helps a lot in general. As I mentioned, this set helps immensely with your Pdon weakness, Skarm weakness, Ferro weakness, Steelceus weakness, and in general is a huge help for your team. You do lose out on priority with this particular set but you can swap Draco for Espeed if you really want, I prefer to keep it as a nuke though personally.

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Ascent
- Surf
- Fire Blast

More thoughts: support Groundceus over Pogre helps with a lot of your weaknesses, especially Klefki and Pdon, but it weakens you to other things so that's your choice to make. Hell, maybe sub it over Fairyceus as your rocker seeing as you have something as close to a Rai counter as it gets [Rai is broken as shit and has no counters but (´・ω・`)] so it may be worth it, test it out. Cool team that doesn't spam ekillers pdons xerns etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)