6th Gen Team Change

I've been using this this team i've made in Gen 5 OU and im not too sure what to change for my team except for adding mega T-Tar with this upcoming gen. I've been playing with this team in PS for a bit and doesn't run into too much trouble unless my phazer's gone or it's too late to phaze them out. The overall purpose is to pretty have everything such as a spinner, toxic staller, rocksetup, phazer etc. It all adds up to a fairly bulky team with no real offense, which is a bit of a problem.

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252HP / 252 SpD / 4 Atk
Nature: Careful
~Pursuit
~Stealth Rock
~SuperPower
~Earthquake
Usually my most common lead in most situations. It's bulky enough in the Sp. Def department with sandstorm to be able to set up the rocks if I don't see any potential spinners on the other team. With mega T-tar, it's able to eat up tons of special attacks from threats such as gengar. Once it's done its job, I usually leave it out or switch if I feel like it still has its uses if I need to switch in on a psychic move and punish it with pursuit, assuming it's phychic type. Easily my only reliable specially defensive tank on the team, so it's pretty valuable if the enemy team has a majority of Special attackers, so it can take them out. It's also a lure to the likes of hydro pumps or any incoming water moves to switch into gastro for a nice Sp. Atk bonus.

Gliscor @ ToxicOrb
Ability: Poison Heal
Evs: 244HP / 40 Def / 224 Spe
Nature : Impish
~Toxic
~Substitute
~Earthquake
~Protect
The standard gliscor stall set. This poke is still pretty good as it is able to handle Aegislash with no fear of king's shield, with earthquake taking it out without the attack lowering. Also a free switch in into fighting type moves and punish them with toxic, slowly stalling them with the infamous protect/sub combo. This can also bait water attacks to switch into gastro for free boosts. Gliscor and skarmory cover T-tar's weaknesses nicely, switching into either one depending on the typing of the opponent in terms of physical attackers. The speed EVs allow it to have a chance in quickly to
toxic the opponent and protect right after.

Skarmory Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Evs: 224HP / 252 Def / 32 SpD
Nature: Impish
~Roost
~BraveBird
~Spikes
~Whirlwind

My dedicated phazer and spikes setup for the team. Skarm's the my second physical wall when gliscor can't handle those who are immune to the toxic stall or packs super effective moves forcing me into switching into skarm. There's really no way my opponent can setup as long as this bird's around, unless said poke packs hidden power fire or some sort. Really nice bonus if I'm able to get off layers of spikes to help with stealth rock damage. The phazing is particularly useful on kanga with its 2+ ATK power up punch, so its essential to phaze it out ASAP. Pretty much counters grass pokes, which half my team is weak to, so he's pretty crucial to be kept alive and very healthy at all times.

Gastrodon Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs : 252HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Nature: Bold
~Toxic
~Recover
~Scald
~Earthpower

This poke's basically a switch in against all water types making them all useless, especially on rotom-W who can't volt switch or hydropump against this thing with immunity to both electric and water, so I can put up a free recover after the switch. With two of my mons weak to electric, it's important i keep it alive if there's any electric moves around to take the hit. Toxic is there to stall out the aforementions water pokes while recovering any damage. Scald is there to burn anyone who's immune to the toxic for a chance to cripple the steel types if it's possible.

upload_2013-11-22_0-26-0.jpeg

Rotom-W Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs : 248HP / 124 Def / 100 SpA / 36 Spe
Nature : Bold
~Volt Switch
~Pain Split
~Hydro Pump
~Will-O-Wisp

Ah, what's a team without a Rotom-W? It's just a must-have which covers any kind of teams' weaknesses, its utility is very welcome on any team, especially mine. With the additions of physical mons this gen, I decided to invest a bit into Def, just in case most teams packs a majority of physical mons, which can be crippled with the burn. Another option as a switch to other water type pokes and the shuffling is nice as well. I usually switch into rotom when an ice move's directed at gliscor.

Starmie Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248HP / 32 SpD / 4 SpA / 100 Spe
Nature: Timid
~Recover
~RapidSpin
~Icebeam
~Thunderbolt

The dedicated spinner of my team. Its usually only switched out when there's no threat of a spinblocker or something that will give starmie trouble before it can even spin. It can also switch in to opposing water types to safely spin when it's able to. It's got some bulk to dish out damage and those dragon who're 4x weak to ice. The bolt-beam combo is for good type coverage just in case my team needs the ice beam, with the necessary speed EVs invested.

So far the only times I've lost in showdown was when they led off with a stat booster and resulted in a full sweep of my team if I have lost my phazer. I'm considering replacing starmie with a better poke with the spinner role. I'm also not too sure if I want to add any 6th pokes, if they're going to be worth it in replacing one of my pokes.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)