6th gen UU team

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always enjoyed a good Underused battle over an Overused one, due to the fact that there seems to be more variety to the teams and their sets - being able to throw in an oddball poke here and there and not getting blasted down because of the stats being incredibly inferior.
Testing this team against thoroughly OU teams in the simulator has seemed to prove fun, challenging and generally successful. If that has to do with the structural integrity of the team, or the fact that the players were of a sub-par skill level is slightly relevant I guess, but I have no way to judge that, so I'll let the community shred it apart.

I am assuming that this team is within UU standards, and will not be completely countered by anything in the tier:

Galvantula@Focus sash
Ability: Compoundeyes
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252SpA 252Spe 4Hp
- Thunder
- Stickyweb
- Volt Switch
- Thunderwave/Bug Buzz

A good lead, UU version of a Smeargle. Stickyweb gives my slightly slower sweepers a higher chance of hitting first. Galvantula can take the edge off of quite a few pokemon with Thunder/Bug Buzz and is always good as death fodder if the enemy team has rocks up.

Rotom-H@Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Calm
EVs: 248Hp 8Def 248SpD 4Spe
- Overheat
- Painsplit
- Volt Switch
- Will-o-wisp

Rotom-H Remains a good choice this generation it seems, and counters Talonflame/Charizard super hard, and will-o-wisp is a welcome addition due to the lack of a huge physical wall on the team.
Overheat hits all the steels and grass pokes in the tier, hard.

Gogoat@Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
Nature: Adamant/Careful
EVs: 252Hp 252Atk/SpD 4Spe
- Milk Drink
- Hornleach/Leafblade
- Earthquake
- Bulk Up

Haven't been able to test gogoat extensively on this particular team, so there might be better options - Such as maybe replacing something that doesn't have a slightly useless ability on this team. If you can set up two Bulk Ups, after Sticky Web, this thing is pretty hard to stop.

Klefki@leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252Hp 252Def 4Spe
- Spikes
- Thunderwave/Toxic
- Substitute
- Foul Play

Noivern@Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252SpA 252Spe 4Hp
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Boomburst
- Hurricane

It seems to me that this is the only viable set for Noivern, and although it works, everyone knows what's coming when I bring it in. Regardless, It is a mean revenge killer - and Infiltrator can throw off a lot of gimmicky substitute sets.

Mega Pinsir@Pinsirite
Ability: Mold Breaker/Moxie>>Aeriolite
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 252Atk 252HP 4Spe
OR
: 252Atk 252Spe 4 Hp
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor/Superpower/Return

I knew when I made this team, that I wanted it to be a Pinsir core. Pinsir is so cool, It looks awesome, and if a team is not prepared for it, It will steamroll through everything. An almighty attack stat, boosted by Swords Dance is immense enough, but then it's mega evolution gives it Aeriolite, which is simply awesome. It means Quick attack is essentially a life orb boosted STAB Flying priority move. Wut.
Usually everyone wants to run a moxie set on pinsir, but I feel that Mold Breaker is more useful because it can hit through levitate/Fur Coat/Multiscale etc.

Lastly, I apologize for Spelling mistakes and general messiness of the post. I'll clean it up a bit more when it's not 4:00 am :pirate:

Last edited:
Sorry I should have said this in the previous post, but welcome to Smogon!

This is wishful thinking for a UU team.
Is the idea to base UU off current OU usage stats? Because the usage stats are hardly stable enough for a UU to be formed from them. It is, as you so elegantly put it, wishful thinking.
I'm sorry to say that this team really isn't very useful, not to mention being impossible to rate. (For example, how can anyone check it against a UU threatlist when nobody knows what that list is?) If you want it to be rated as an OU team, it will probably get torn to shreds. You have plenty of options: you can post Gen VI OU teams, Gen V UU teams, or wait.

Haha, I'm not entirely new to smogon, my other email address has been compromised, so I can't use my main account. I know it's a little silly to post on a smogon forum about uu when smogon hasn't even set restrictions for that tier, but there are already many wifi battles and smaller groups that have made up their own tiers. Might not be as statistically driven I guess, but I am just kinda sick of fighting an aegislash every other battle, So hoping to get the ball rolling...

All G though

Haha, I'm not entirely new to smogon, my other email address has been compromised, so I can't use my main account. I know it's a little silly to post on a smogon forum about uu when smogon hasn't even set restrictions for that tier, but there are already many wifi battles and smaller groups that have made up their own tiers. Might not be as statistically driven I guess, but I am just kinda sick of fighting an aegislash every other battle, So hoping to get the ball rolling...

All G though
Eh, not that silly. Speculation is fun. What is silly is having two megas on the same team. Did you plan on picking one mega to evolve and let the other sit on a useless item?

Fix that and I'll be happy to help rate and advise.

Eh, not that silly. Speculation is fun. What is silly is having two megas on the same team. Did you plan on picking one mega to evolve and let the other sit on a useless item?

Fix that and I'll be happy to help rate and advise.
What would you replace it with? From your experience is Klefki likely to be UU?

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.

I'm sorry, but this ain't the place to build teams based on speculated metagames.
So yea, I'm locking this, given that on top of that, your descriptions are too short.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)