SM OU A Megawile learning experience [Peaked ~1550]

The Team

While building this team, I focused on a mega mawile, salamence core. Picking up pokemon that neither could handle, (Mamoswine for Lando, Zapdos for Ferrothorn, Skarm, and Celesteela) an a bulky pivot chansey to spam status effects and take hits.

Team Breakdown

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Thunder Punch

Megawile is an absolute beast, with intimidate giving opposing threats the attack drop, and huge power giving it's mega evolution enough to two shot a scarfed magnezone switching in on a play rough into sucker punch, it's offensive capabilities punish teams that don't have a dedicated counter. Along with the offensive prowess of Mawile, it punishes scarfchomp and banded zygarde by giving my team a much needed dragon immunity. I run Iron Head over Ice Punch/Fire Fang because I enjoy the damage it can deal to clefables, as well as one shotting Lele/Mamo. Overall Megawile plays a revenge killer to late game clean-up crew on this team with usage of its large attack stat and sucker punch to end close matches.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Def / 200 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss

Chansey was a late edition to this team, taking the space of AV hoopah-U. I felt that Hoopah-U just fell apart to anything with u-turn and I was really looking for a mon that could take hits and recover the damage. Chansey does it's job as a disruptor very well, throwing out toxics and thunder waves to either break walls or slow down threats for end game sweeping with mence/mawile/mamo. I use the bold nature and 252 def to give survivability against lesser physical threats or simple u-turns from scarf leads such as mosa or lando. As well as allowing Chansey to relatively shrug off all but the strongest psyshocks. However because of the eviolite investing in special defense was worth more for the overall tankiness of the mon versus putting more ev's into health. Overall Chansey does it's job as a damage sponge while putting in valuable chip damage with toxic/sToss.

Salamence @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Dragon Dance

Salamence is such a fun pokemon to play with, and is one of the two mons that I really set out to put on this team. His main purpose on my team is to sweep stall teams that let him set up using Z-Fly to break mons that resist or are immune to his other coverage. If Salamence can get off one-two DDs at full health it can sweep a team, with the use of moxie, once the snowball starts rolling, nothing short of an unaware quagsire or a pesky skarmory can stop it.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Zapdos is by far my favorite defogger, because not only does it clear out rocks, it also forces out ferrothorn and skarm, two of the most common rock setters that I face (the other being lando). I first picked up zapdos in Gen 6 to counter ferrothorn and M-Scizor teams and in Gen 7 Zapdos covers an even wider array of pokemon. With enough speed to outspeed a Tapu Bulu, and enough damage to force it out using heat wave. The 160/96 defense speed split is my favorite ev set. I like 96 speed because as mentioned above it outspeeds Bulu aswell as Adamant bisharp and adamant mamo while roosting off lando rock slides. Another hidden benefit of Zapdos is that because of pressure, you will always win defog vs stealth rock battles.

Pheromosa @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Special Pheromosa is my Greninja-crutch. Before adding mosa to my team I was getting run over by any scarfed teams and DD zard-x's. Because of Mosa's high speed stat high specA stat, I am able to run modest scarf while still achieving both goals, in outspeeding other scarfed mons, and OHKOing common threats such as Lando-T that would typically run over my team in certain circumstances.

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Mamoswine is my "oh shit" button and my stealth rocker. He fills that niche because of his focus sash and high attack stat with access to STAB priority. Provided the sash doesn't get broken, Mamo can end alot of games by tanking the first hit while dealing damage with EQ/Icicle Crash, and securing the kill with ice shard. Often stopping Quiver Dance Volcarona or +3 Mega Beedrills.

Chansey doesnt work on such teams tbh, its for stall! I suggest a SpD mon like Clefable, Jellicent, Jirachi and Slowking, the best i havent mentioned is Fini with good Special Defense since it defogs hazards away for salamence. You have double intimidate mons but u maybe can slap in a hyper cutter for MMAW since Landorus-T is so common. BTW have u changed what Virizain told you, it is good hotfixes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)