A Summary of the Meta

Shoud I replace Sawk-Braviary with Golurk (LO/Band)-Primeape (Scarf w/ Punishment)?

• Total voters
Hiya everbody!

This is my first RMT (I guess my last of gen 5 too). It is about a team that I've been using for quite a long time and have changed a lot throughout the BW2 era.

The team is what you call quite a standard team and it has 6 huge threats, that are very common in the NU meta. Every single of these mons can give a team without a good counter a lot of problems and usally sweep/complately wall it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sawk (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

Sawk has aways been a big threat. Previously 90% of them had a scarf, whereas now most of them have band. It ohko's most (if not all) attackers that are faster than it when it getd a safe switch-in. On every team you need something that doesnt get 2hko'd and can threaten it out. But if you manage to kill to that mon you get a kill everytime it comes in. Mold Breaker eases predictions around Haunter's beeing able to go straight for the Earthquake, and it kills trough Sturdy. I dint Sturdy would be good since I have no spinner. Ice punch and Stone Edge are there to round off the coverage.

Braviary (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- U-turn
- Superpower

Braviary is a great Choice Scarf user. The scarf makes up for it's "meh" 80 base speed. It is a great scout because of U-Turn and Brave Bird is an overall very powerfull move. It works quite well in combination with Sawk beeing able to get rid of things like Tangela and having nice offensive coverage overall. It is quite weak to SR, because it takes 25% (24.9) everytime you go for U-Turn and Brave Bird also has big recoil. I try to prevent the opponent from setting up SR with Sawk.

Jynx @ Leftovers
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Lovely Kiss
- Nasty Plot

This set may look kind of weird. Jynx is commonly seen running a choice scarf or life orb, those set's focus on doing direct damage. I prefer this set. It works as following:
You put the opposing mon to sleep. Next turn you use Substitute. If the opponent's mon makes up you repeat. If you manage to get a free turn you can go for a Nasty Plot. Eventually you can kill basicly everything. Just get her in on a slower mon, preferably a wall because it will most likely try to Paralyze/Toxic you. If you have something to get up to +4 behind a Sub you basicly won unless the opponent has Priority+Something faster.

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

Ludicolo has alwyas been a big really good. Before DrizzleSwim was banned this stereotypical Mexican was very common on rain teams. A rain boosted Surf just hits hard and Giga Drain kills bulky waters like Alomomola and Seismitoad. Ice beam rounds off the coverage nicely beeing able to hit grass type's. Modest with LO is needed for extra power. Sadly Surf isnt able to break trough lickilicky because it can just stall out the rain turns with wish+protect.

Musharna @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Moonlight
- Baton Pass

The needed counter to Sawk as well as a lot of other attackers. The team benefits greatly from Thunder Wave, especially Sawk. It does hinder Jynx from setting up so try not to spam it on mons that Jynx can easily set up on if I dont have to. Psychic is her best, hard hitting move. What I probably need to explain is Baton Pass since I cant pass any boost. Baton Pass is an amazing move to have on Musharna. Lets say you switch this in to an attacks wich doesnt do to much and you know your opponent isnt going to stay in because he doesnt want to get Para'd/Psychic'd. Now the opponent is most likely going to switch to something that can deal with Musharna. Here is where you Baton Pass (or twave if that is the better play). This way you can switch to whatever deals with the opponent's switch-in. High chance this is something wally that can toxic Musharna. This is where Jyx can set up or Sawk can do its wallbreaker job. It is a great way of gaining momentum. The first part if the pink blob core.

Lickilicky (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Body Slam

The second member of the pink blob core. Wish, provided I can predict correctely, provides a weakend team meber a new life. Body slam is a good way to slowly widdle down walls and the 30% chance for a para. Heal Bell corrects mistakes/random status moves that cripple my attackers and it makes Baton Pass
on Musharna possible. It takes just about any special hit, and it can get 6% extra each turn if need be bucause of Protect.

The biggest threats to my team are:

If this thins is LO'd it destroys my defensive core. I than have to bring in Jynx/Ludicolo and everytime this thing comes back in again it basicly gets a kill.

Calm Mind freakin' Musharna. My only hope is to put this thing to sleep with Jynx and if I already have put something to sleep I'm screwed.

Importable:

Sawk @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

Braviary @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- U-turn
- Superpower

Jynx @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Lovely Kiss
- Nasty Plot

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

Musharna @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Moonlight
- Baton Pass

Lickilicky (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Body Slam

Well, that's it! My team of 6 Pokemon that I think shaped the metagame the most (and arent insanely broken, dang Liepard). Sorry for any spelling mistakes, English isnt my first language so be sure to kindly point those out. If I have done something that violates the rules I will gladly change it.
Any improvements are welcome, I hope you liked it!

-ApplepieFTW

Last edited:
A short nit-pick; Give Musharna Signal Beam. Assist-Liepard sets all over that thing otherwise.
Sorry for the short "rate"

A short nit-pick; Give Musharna Signal Beam. Assist-Liepard sets all over that thing otherwise.
Sorry for the short "rate"
AssistPard is most likely going to be banned and it's pretty dumb to add Signal Beam just for a team that isn't very popular to begin with.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
you might wanna use a rock-type such as golem somewhere to set up sr and switch into flying-types, probably over lickilicky since it kills momentum for this team. i would also change jynx to a scarf set and braviary to band or else shell smash carracosta will 6-0 this team. it's funny how a team based on the "top threats in the metagame" is weak to the top threats in the metagame

Golem @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Sucker Punch

Jynx (F) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Lovely Kiss
- Trick

Braviary (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Superpower
- U-turn

edit: if you feel like you have troubles with musharna then sub bu braviary is probably better

Last edited:
Yeah, you need a stealth rocker. I'd choose Piloswine, it gets really bulky with eviolite/thick fat and has good STABs. Its ground typing also lets you switch in to common electric type attaks and retaliate with an earthquake.

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash/Icicle Spear
- Stealth Rock

Standard set. It beats common starters such as Golem, Probopass and Gigalith and deals good damage to most other pokemon with its STABs.

Yes, Assistpard may be banned, but you should still prepare for it, or other teams who have priority moves. Also, signal beam is good for that swagpard or that skuntank who expects you to switch out when you instead nail it with a signal beam. Also, I would recommend putting whirlwind over return on braviary to stop CM musharna from setting up. I don't think return hits anything harder than brave bird or superpower anyways(not really sure). But anyways, good job and nice Jynx set BTW.

Yes, Assistpard may be banned, but you should still prepare for it, or other teams who have priority moves. Also, signal beam is good for that swagpard or that skuntank who expects you to switch out when you instead nail it with a signal beam. Also, I would recommend putting whirlwind over return on braviary to stop CM musharna from setting up. I don't think return hits anything harder than brave bird or superpower anyways(not really sure). But anyways, good job and nice Jynx set BTW.
Signal Beam is neutral on Skuntank and Signal Beam Mushy won't beat AssistPard by itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)