Accelgor Discussion

HP: 80
Attack:70
Defense:40
Special Attack:100
Special Defense:60
Speed: 145
Here he is the Ninja Bug! The guy is insalnly fast and one of the best spikers in the metagame. However he is not just a spiker he can be quite the offensive force to be reckoned with. With a 100 base Special Attack and STAB bug moves he will raise heck in RU!

So discuss? You think Accelgor has a place in RU?

Here is a set that can be used andmost used
Accelgor@Focus Sash
4 HP/ 252 Spe/252 SpAtk
Sticky Hold
Hasty/ Timid

-Spikes
- U-turn/ Recover
- Bug Buzz
-Focus Blast/Yawn​

Acceglor is one of the worst spikers there is, sure he's fast but he dies after he lays 2 spikes. Scolipede is a better "suicide" spiker and there are better reliable spikers such as Omaster and Qwilfish.

Acceglor is a great late game sweeper with a choice specs, but Sharpedo does that better then Acceglor.

Acceglor is an awesome pokemon but it's not really that good since it's outclassed in late-game sweeping by Sharpedo and outclassed in laying down spikes by Omaster / Qwilfish / Scolipede / Crustle. Acceglor will probably be amazing down in NU though since he doesn't really face competition down there.

I hate how such an awesome Pokemon can be shafted by bad stats (apart from that blistering Speed and okay Sp. Attack) and overshadowed in everything it does.

Its stats are okay. I'd say it has more to do with Accelgor's poor movepool. As a fast spiker it doesn't get taunt, and as a special attacker its only real options are Bug Buzz / Focus Blast / Hidden Power.

Accelgor can probably use a Choice Specs set like this:

Accelgor @ Choice Specs
Sticky Hold
Modest/Timid
4 Def. / 252 SP.Atk / 252 Spe
Bug Buzz
Focus Blast
Giga Drain
U-turn

I've used LO Accelgor when I had to playtest it in OU and it worked very well, it was really anti-metagame. In RU, however, there are too many Bug-types better than it. It dies too fast and it has some surefire counters in Clefable and Munchlax (and they're in almost every team).

Actually, I run a good annoyer set in RU:

Accelgor @ Life Orb

Nature: Calm (I know, it's a bit strange)

Evs: 252 Sp.Def/252 Speed/6 HP

U-Turn
Yawn
Encore
Me First

U-turn for scouting and getting away, Yawn to force switches, Encore for those stat boosters, and Me First is a great surprise trick since Accelgor has great speed to pull it off. Life orb for extra umph.

Thoughts?

I don't see why you'd invest in that thing's paper-thin Sp. Defense, especially with a Life Orb and no HP EVs. Try Timid with Sp. Attack EVs. That works much better than defenses that don't work at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)