NOC Animal Mafia ~Game Over~

Status
Not open for further replies.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Yo I'm just a bad player and not scum, but whenever I defend myself it comes off as scummy as I'm just supposed to be auto-town? Like this D1 has been full of idlers so its hard to get good reads this early, especially when D1 is typically just a shot in the dark anyhow when finding scum.

also is it DL yet, just got home from school

This silence less than an hour to dl makes me doubt we're on the right track with the 2 top wagons
Under the assumption you are refering to TBZ and Durza here, and blazade is the odd one out judging by lynchcounts. This post being said you are opting to stick to a wagon you believe to be town?

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Final D1 Vote Count

Blazade (3): Aubisio, Hawkie, apricity
Thunder~BALLZ (4): 3P1K, Mithril, XnadrojX, thetwinmasters
Earlio (1): KnightsofCydonia
Whydon (1): jalmont
MoodyCloud (1): asek
DurzaOffTopic (2): MoodyCloud, Blazade
3P1K (1): Thunder~BALLZ

Not Voting (4): Haruno, DurzaOffTopic, Earlio, Whydon

Da Letter El

You culled the herd a bit and decided to lynch Thunder~BALLZ. Judging from the color of his name, most of you feel this was not ideal.

Dear Thunder~BALLZ,

You are Sheep!

Baa! You are an ordinary sheep! Too ordinary, in fact! You're so ordinary, you can make other animals ordinary! Do so with "Vanillize <Player>". However, you can only do so once in the game.

You are aligned with the Good Animals. You win when the Bad Animals are eliminated from the game.
It is now Night 1. Deadline on Thursday, January 25th at 3 PM PST or when all actions have been received.

Da Letter El

Everyone gathers at the watering hole bar one. Asek was later found, but not all in one piece.

Dear Asek,

You are Kangaroo!

You are a Vanilla Townie! Your vote is your weapon!

You are aligned with the Good Animals. You win when the Bad Animals are eliminated from the game.
We swear we didn't intentionally give the aussie a kangaroo.

Results going out now.

Considering wagon was on tballz at the time (a town) saying I dont see much if any logic in requesting a turbo on asek, then proceding to kill asek the night after. Implying scum twin that would just be him putting himself way out there. TR on twin
much if any logic if twin were to be scum*

Twin reads like a honey badger. I'm feeling more confident in my initial read. Bumping him up from Townlean to Town.

The interaction between Hal and Whydon reads weird. Hal isn't doing much different from his previous Town D1 and Whydon is just kinda heckling him over it.

Interaction between Jalmont and Moody reminds me of the pulling teeth aspect that I've experienced interacting with Moody's Towngame before. Leaning Town on him.

Aubisio singling out one of Asek's interactions and ignoring the others pings my scumdar.

note: asek was on moodycloud and only one to be on him
And I was clearly feeling the heat from that one random vote

I'm surprised Hawkie wasn't there for deadline, it just felt too silent for me to believe the tballz/blazade wagons were going somewhere. Can't ignore the possibility of one or two people in 3P1K, Mithril, XnadrojX, thetwinmasters going to Blazade rescue here but I would assume that if scum were going to commit to an end-of-day save there would be a bit more tension and activity in thread ? It's possible Blazade was saved by teammates here but I'm not really buying it, like a 30% chance of it being the case imo

Still I'll admit I wasn't expecting Asek to die here, going to take a look back at d1

here are the three people id be willing to vote today.

blazade - 0 posts on who he thinks is mafia except for me sort of?
whydon - afk BUT some posts which are mainly question asking. no personal content.
thunderballz - feels like hes trying the cryptic strat but im not really buying it.

haruno and durza are completely afk so i dont feel like we can vote them right now.
Jalmont's play has seemed a bit erratic d1 but in a way that could pass as prodding for reads and activity so I was hesitant and kind of leaned town on him, but if I'm correct in assuming that yesterday's top two wagons were town then this post does not bode well.

The part about not wanting to lynch haruno/durza when Jalmont was the one who started the Haruno policy lynch discussion in the first place and when blazade/tballz wagons looked opportunistic at best, and a nonsensical way to not lynch people who we'd have to lynch at some point due to them being tree stumps, at worst, reads especially weird. If whydon flips town I'll be taking a long hard look at Jalmont.

Twin reads like a honey badger. I'm feeling more confident in my initial read. Bumping him up from Townlean to Town.

The interaction between Hal and Whydon reads weird. Hal isn't doing much different from his previous Town D1 and Whydon is just kinda heckling him over it.

Interaction between Jalmont and Moody reminds me of the pulling teeth aspect that I've experienced interacting with Moody's Towngame before. Leaning Town on him.

Aubisio singling out one of Asek's interactions and ignoring the others pings my scumdar.
i mean look, this is classic misapplication of meta. if you don't expect people to try to emulate their town game as scum, you will never catch a damn thing playing mafia.

also i doubt whydon read that game

i would like hawkie to tell me something

Can see the argument for twin being town from that post and Asek's death, might be a bit too convenient that it'd happen so fast and that scum would off townAsek over townTwin while basically clearing the latter ?

Like I agree that the logical conclusion here is that twin is town, but it comes from a random eod post with no consequences followed immediately by Asek's death, either scum were really scared of Asek here or they've just made a big misplay (both assuming twin is town, the other option is they went for a scum twin clear, despite him not being under pressure). In any case I haven't done a reread yet but if we identify one of Asek's scum reads and they flip red then twin is town imo, if we don't, better be careful not to jump to conclusions

I doubt mafia goes as hard as having EPIK point that out to clean buddy Twin, this observation from EPIK reads more like town who'd have waited for day to start to share their thoughts, just the timing of the whole thing is weirdly convenient

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)