Other Metagames Anything goes evasion team

Introduction

I am completely new to the competitive pokemon scene and am very inexperienced, but this is my attempt at making a team that takes advantage of the evasion clause in AG, but also has some precautions against pokemon with moves such as aerial ace, roar, entry hazards and abilities such as no guard that negate the effects of evasion. Basically the 'main idea' in this team is to have the Drifblims to use minimize early on in the round and then stockpile before baton passing to a sweeper e.g Shaymin S that can spam air slash and dodge attacks while dishing out damage. I played a few rounds in PokeBank AG in showdown and went up to 1100-1150 rank before getting rekt by pros with really good teams.

The Team

Shaymin-Sky @ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Synthesis
- Seed Flare
- Swords Dance
I chose Shaymin S because it looked really overpowered due to the Serene Grace + Air Slash combo, kind of like paraflinching jirachi combo and I ended up spamming it in showdown and it worked against half of the players I battled. For my team, I use it to troll pokemon that don't resist flying type and also counter grass, water and ground type. Its 127 speed stat is also a good bonus, meaning it can switch in and still attack first. In my experience, it worked well in conjunction with Drifblim which used minimize + baton pass to give it an evasiveness boost.

Bisharp @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aerial Ace
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
Bisharp is a bulky steel type sweeper which can also set up a swords dance sweep with knock off and sucker punch, and is a good counter to Aegislash. Pursuit is replaced with aerial ace, as its 100% accuracy is used to counter other evasion teams. Knock off is used to remove annoying items like rocky helmet and leftovers. Sucker punch is used in dire situations to get a quick priority move to finish off a pokemon with a type advantage or stronger move. It is benefited by Drifblim's minimize baton pass combo.

Drifblim @ Chesto Berry (x2)
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Minimize
- Stockpile
- Baton Pass
- Defog
Drifblim is basically the main idea of this team. Its goal is to minimize in the early stages of the round and also act as a defogger for entry hazards, and gather up evasion and defense stats to allow the sweepers to set up while being able to dodge attacks, especially Shaymin S with its Air Slash. There are two of them, just in case one is crippled by a powerful attack and it has only minimized once or twice, so it can baton pass to another one and keep on minimizing and then transfer its stats to a sweeper - basically a safeguard in the early stages of the round where evasion is low.

Espeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Psychic
Espeon's magic bounce allows it to block Roars from other pokemon that render this set useless. Its goal is to be a tank and also build up some special attack and def stats in Calm Mind to set up for a baton pass. Psychic provides some STAB and can deal with fighting types that have an advantage over Bisharp. Substitute is so it doesn't get poisoned or burned early on in the round.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stored Power
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Hyper Voice
Sylveon is one of the main sweepers in the team, as it has a pixilate hyper voice and also stored power, which does massive damage when all the stats are raised. Substitute is used to prevent Will-o-wisp or toxic early on in its switch in which may weaken its attacks. In the late stages of the game, I use substitute + stored power combo and it usually wrecks the opponent. Also, hyper voice is a fairy type move so it can be used to counter dragon types like Rayquaza or Dragonite or Dialga.

Conclusion

I know my team has a lot of disadvantages - that is an understatement, but the basis of it is to use an "Evasion + Baton Pass onto a Sweeper" strategy to defeat the opponent. If you thought my team was terrible, that's brilliant but tell me why, and more importantly which pokemon or movesets to add or get rid of. The only aspect of the team I don't want to lose is the use of evasion and baton pass.

Heya, why are you using swords dance on shaymin? Both moves you have on there are special, so I really don't understand what you were thinking there. If you were trying to use something to boost its sp. atk, the move you were looking for was growth. And personally, use substitute over synthesis It gives you a chance to dodge an attack and then flinch and dodge more attacks. Also, change psychic on espeon to stored power, it does WAY more after a couple boosts, at the cost of immediate power, but considering how your whole team is based around baton passing minimize boosts, I don't think you'll miss it. Oh, and on the drifblims, I HIGHLY reccomend the change of defog to substitute, as it gives you more chances to dodge and boost and then proceed to pass to another teammate. Also, you do not, do not do not do not need an aegislash counter, as it is a bad mon in this meta in general imo. If you really insist tho, arc ground is ten times the better choice. I reccomend the standard sd set, as it more or less fits the same role, except with an actual speed tier and better stats all round. Oh, and change chesto berry to sitrus, it gives it some form of recovery and can activate unburden, bc sleep moves are now nigh never used bc of the dark void nerf.

Anyways, best of luck with this team!

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
e: rated this morning, for some reason it didn't post, satanic beast hit some of this stuff

Hey man. I'm going to be completely honest, I think this team is more on the end of gimmicky strat rather than consistency. I can give some general pointers because there are ways to do evasionpass more viably, but giving the actual mons would essentially be replacing every single member of the team. You also might want to check out the Anything Goes resources thread just because a couple of your choices (Sylveon, Bisharp), really just don't pass muster in a meta with mons like Primal Groudon running around.

The biggest things here are definitely dropping Sylveon and Bisharp, both are just awful mons in AG who are comparatively neither bulky nor strong. Swords Dance on Shaymin-Sky is also a little confusing, it has no physical attacks or any way to benefit from the attack boost at all. Shaymin itself can run Double Team if you gave it Leftovers and Substitute over Synthesis (also I don't think Synthesis is a great move to run on something so frail either but at least it has a purpose), but if you'd rather stick to straight passing then removing Swords Dance is the biggest thing. Using Stored Power on Espeon is also huge, since if you're accumulating boosts you might as well get a much stronger attack. Finally, this might've been a typo but Drifblim really should have Unburden and Sitrus Berry for the Speed boost after you consume the berry, not sure what Chesto does. I'd also try Substitute over Defog, 2 defoggers isn't necessary and Drifblim already has enough to worry about without also wanting to remove hazards.

Really though, the biggest thing is that I'd just try to run a regular Baton Pass team. They aren't perfectly reliable to be sure, but neither is this and I see no reason why running shaymin/bisharp/sylveon/a second drifblim make the team any more effective than just standard AG Baton Pass with a basic squad of Scolipede/Drifblim/Smeargle (which can also accumulate evasion boosts for you if you want to try an alternative route)/Espeon/2 filler pokes (Zapdos, Mr. Mime, whatever). I'd give a specific squad but it's not actually something I've messed around with too much and idk what people are messing with going into gen 7. Still, I hope some of this helped, at least the very basic things like SD on Skymin could be tweaked. Good luck with this!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)