Sign-Up Apprentice Program Signups: SV RU

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus

Welcome to Battling 101! If you're seeking a tutor for SV Rarely Used, you are in the right place. Please read all the rules carefully and fill out every part of the application.

RULES

• You must be able to access Discord, or whatever your tutor wants as the primary form of communication.
  • You must be willing to use Pokemon Showdown! even if you are being tutored in a cartridge format such as Battle Spot or VGC.
  • You, the tutee, should have at least 15 posts before signing up AND your account's age should be a minimum of at least 1 month old before signing up.
    • This is not a strict requirement meaning you may still be paired without satisfying it, so no matter what, DO NOT spam post elsewhere in the forum. That is an infractable offense and we do not encourage such behavior from potential Tutees.
  • You must have battled competitively for a decent amount in at least ONE of the Smogon tiers or Battle Spot / VGC to sign up. Playing 10 or so matches on the PS! ladder is not substantial enough, ~70 or so is more reasonable. This experience does not need to be for the format you sign-up for; this is just to weed out people who have never played competitively that can improve themselves simply by using resources already available to them without needing a tutor to hold their hand.
  • You, the tutee, are responsible for setting up times with your tutor. When you receive the Smogon notification informing you of the pairing, please take the initiative and post on their VM wall first. Continued scheduling and communication is key to a successful pairing!
  • Use the Tutee Talk forum to complain about your tutor (or praise them if they're doing a good job). These are no longer mandatory, but if your tutor is ridiculously inactive or is a complete jackass, COMPLAIN HERE. Nobody can see your tutee talk posts except for you and the Battling 101 Staff; everything is confidential.
  • Signups older than 4 months or 1 month since last login will be considered inactive. These will be moved to the Inactive Posts thread, and can be returned back to this thread by request.
  • Tutors can and will drop you if sessions go badly, and significant violations may result in a ban from B101. Be active, be enthusiastic, be respectful. Make the best of your time together!
Here is the signup template, and an example sign-up post.
Username:
PS! Username:
Signup Format:
Your timezone:
Usual Hours of Availability:
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Are you able to use Discord?:
Username: Shiba
PS! Username: Big Sean
Signup Format: SV RU
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 8 PM - 12 AM, weekends 12 PM - 12 AM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively in early XY and spammed Baton Pass on the ladder. I was pretty skilled I guess. I then got more involved with Smogon and started to play in various tournaments like UUPL and later on Snake and SPL. I could use a bit more practice in this tier though, so I'm looking to get help
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:

Melt Gibson

planting gardens in the potholes
is a Forum Moderator
Username: Melt Gibson
PS! Username: Melt Gibson
Your timezone: EST / GMT -5
Usual Hours of Availability: 9 AM to 5 PM or 5 PM to 11 PM on weekdays, sometimes all day on weekends
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing in 2017, mostly playing Ubers and RU/NU in Gen 7. I took a small hiatus, playing Gen 8 NU near the end of the generation, and have been playing a large amount of Gen 9 UU and PU as well as participating in several draft leagues over the years. I was recently drafted for this year's RUWC and mainly helped to build for SMRU. I'd like to learn current gen RU more intimately so that I can be of more help should I be drafted again for a similar team tour.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, yungjorts

Username: Alex Blue Cyndaquil
PS! Username: AlexBlueCyndaquil
Signup Format: Scarlet Violet RU
Your timezone: EST
Usual Hours of Availability:

Monday: 12:00PM to 5:30 (I have classes from 2:30PM to 4:00PM, and 5:30PM to 8:30PM)
Tuesday and Thursday: 9:00AM to 8:30PM (Class from 1:00PM to 2:30PM, these would be ideal)
Wednesday: 11:00PM to 5:30 (I have classes from 2:30PM to 4:00PM, and 5:30 to 8:30PM)
Friday: 1PM to 8:30PM (Friday is a little volatile due to personal matters)

Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started to use Pokémon showdown around 2018 and have played in various formats at various levels of competitiveness. As of 2022 I have dedicated some time into learning the ins and outs of team building and playstyles. My most successful teams as of late are a Gen8UU bulky offense team with Mandibuzz, Celesteela and Keldeo, a Gen9OU stall team with a Dondozo and Clodsire core and a Gen9RU hyper offense team build around charcoal flame charge eruption Typhlosion. I have had some success with these teams but have never been able to cross 1300ELO. I have never participated in tournaments or other community stuff and really want to, but don't know where to go or how to start.

Username: Bice
PS! Username: Bice-D
Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Usual Hours of Availability: Tuesdays 3-8PM, Fridays 4-10PM, Sundays 1-9PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively in mid-XY and returned in SV, intitially playing UU but later moving to RU. I have gotten to a decent point on the ladder, but my problem is that I'm really rash and tend to act first, think later. I'd also like to change my mindset somewhat, especially when it comes to losses (I'm not the best loser). I would eventually like to start playing in tours.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, biceroni

Username: AstemBloom
PS! Username: Lady Astem
Your timezone: UTC/GMT -3
Usual Hours of Availability: 6 to 10 PM, for me it's evening (Weekdays), All-day on Weekends and on Sunday during afternoon and evening for me.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Slowly started to get immersed in the competitive world, now playing in the tiers RU, and a little from UU tier, from this current gen. I don't know much about Competitive Pokemon, barely 1 month, to be specific, not an advanced player, just the basics, but up to learning anything. I'm looking to get better in Pokemon Competitive in general.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, my Discord is: astembloom

Last edited:
Username: Steel207
PS! Username: Pygocentrus/Cariba
Your timezone: CST
Usual Hours of Availability: Any day after 8pm CST, Wednesday after 6pm CST, and Pretty much anytime on weekends.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokémon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing almost three years ago l'm an active draft player but I'm trying to get more into Smogon. I have played a decent amount of lc and had some meager results in tournaments. I've been able to reach 1400-1500 on ladder I believe I'm currently sitting at around 1400 on the RU ladder. I'm looking to participate in tournaments and be able to place fairly high. I'm also a fairly competent builder and would like some advice on RU teambuilding.
Are you able to use Discord?: Yes, pygocentrus

Username: FGCMain1221
PS! Username:Fgcmain1221
Signup Format:SV RU
Your timezone: dunno , Nigeria
Usual Hours of Availability: random actually
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): been playing using some sample teams for a while and I have been getting some success , I love pokemon and I love competitive Pokemon so I'd like to know how to build and efficiently play a proper Pokemon team. Also I'm a huge fan of the fighting types and even played monotype format to test my knowledge , p.s did not work out but still love the typing
Are you able to use Discord?: Probably , I use mobile

Username: TonezofFun
PS! Username: T0nezOfFun
Your timezone: EST
Usual Hours of Availability: saturday and sunday 7-10 PM
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
Got back into competitive after a long break since XY/ORAS. Have the team building down somewhat, but feel my play is hindering my experience. Would like to be taught tips for battling and team-building.

Username: GustavoR
PS! Username: gr1997
Your timezone: GMT -4
Usual Hours of Availability: Afternoons after work (clock out at 5:30 PM my timezone) and weekends all day. Will let know with anticipation if I can't make it one day.
Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started to play seriously around Gen 7, but between college and now work I barely play anymore. Since I wanna get back into mons and one of my favs seems to be pretty good in RU (big bad Blastoise) I'd love to learn the tier and Shell Smash with the turtle. Plus, this tier also has a lot of mons I really enjoy and used in the past (albeit in OMs like STABmons and Mix and Mega) like Ape, Mence and Gengar:]
Are you able to use Discord?: Yessir. gr1997#5796

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)