Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Arceus with an -ium that isn't Normal-type, yet its main type aligns with the Z-Crystal while Judgement remains Normal-type so not only can it not use the Z-Move, it's also terribly weak!
Was this in Random Doubles, or in Random Battles? According to TI, you shouldn't be able to get that set in a Singles Random Battle.

is chansey with counter supposed to be available in Gen 7 OU? i thought the only way to get it is to breed with a breloom, and breloom is a pokebank mon

could I just ask where I could find those sprites from showdown for the new alola pokemon? you know... the sprites from when showdown was adding in gen 7 pokemon (may still even be there, haven't checked)

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
could I just ask where I could find those sprites from showdown for the new alola pokemon? you know... the sprites from when showdown was adding in gen 7 pokemon (may still even be there, haven't checked)
I'm not sure if there's a place where they're all neatly lined up for you, but you should be able to find them all by scrolling through this thread:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sun-moon-sprite-project-dawn-of-a-new-day.3577711/
It's the project thread that was used to discuss and create all the 2D gen 7 sprites. If you're looking for a specific pokemon, try searching that pokemon's name within the thread by going to the search bar in the top right corner. Just make sure "Search this thread only" is selected.

Hi, i have a question.

I recently discovered this page, and i had some random battles with him on Gen V. Later we decided to battle on anything goes (Gen V) but we discovered that there is this team preview. Is there a way to turn this off, and battle without it?

My ranking for VGC2015 is really low on my main account and there is no way to find battles to boost it. For obsolete tiers like this, is there any way to get them to not show up when I type in "/rank"? It's a small thing but been bugging me for a while.

smic0921

Banned deucer.
I can't access to showdown other than by using VPN proxy.
Is it impossible for me to not get locked into chat and get the message "Due to spam, you can't chat using a proxy." every time?
I want to TALK to my friends.

Duck Chris

replay watcher
is a Forum Moderator
Two things
Is it possible to make non-Hasty genesect shiny?

Also, are there plans to import gen 7 models for non gen 7 pokemon? I think that would be cool. And ofc keep the gen 6 models for oras play

So every time I play PS! In my spare time at school, I am getting banned for using the same IP as kids who go on there and spam because they think (for some reason) it's funny. Basically, I am wondering, is it against the rules to use an alt for non-malicious reasons? I want to be able to play PS on one account at school, then, if that account gets IP banned, use an alternate at home so I can still talk in the chat. Thank you.

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
So every time I play PS! In my spare time at school, I am getting banned for using the same IP as kids who go on there and spam because they think (for some reason) it's funny. Basically, I am wondering, is it against the rules to use an alt for non-malicious reasons? I want to be able to play PS on one account at school, then, if that account gets IP banned, use an alternate at home so I can still talk in the chat. Thank you.
There is no rule against using multiple alts on Showdown. In cases such as yours, it's even encouraged. Whenever I go on Showdown on my phone, I use a different alt from my main one to avoid my main alt getting mixed up with IP bans.

Is there anything I can do about an offensive pokemon nickname? I'm not interested in getting someone banned since they probably didn't know the name is hurtful, but I also don't want to encounter such things while I'm just trying to play and have some fun either. Perhaps an option to opt out of seeing other people's Nicknames?

Last edited:

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Two things
Is it possible to make non-Hasty genesect shiny?

Also, are there plans to import gen 7 models for non gen 7 pokemon? I think that would be cool. And ofc keep the gen 6 models for oras play
Not unless you're using it in a custom game. I'm not 100% sure but I believe the plan is to continue using the Gen 6 models for older Pokemon.

Which thread do I go to to make a Role Play that uses Pokemon Showdown?
You could try the Roleplaying room on Showdown.

For Mix & Megas is ME restricted to one mon per battle? I may have not been keeping track of things but I thought I saw someone who used two Megas (both items were identified).

Preemptive apologies if this is the wrong forum for my question.

Anywho I really like Smogon's damage calculator app and its very helpful. I was wondering when we could expect any Gen7 updates to it? Gen7 analyses are obviously not all written and accounted for, so I'm more concerned about things like damage calculation for the Water Bubble ability, Grassy/Electric/Psychic/Misty terrain in One-vs-All/All-vs-One, Zygarde's Thousand Arrows not affecting Flying-types or Levitate users when it should, Leech Life not in the list of moves, and also glitches like the KO chance and damage % not sorting properly (i.e. it will sort a 11% damage attack in the middle of a group of 110% damage attacks, as if its counting the 11% damage attack as a 110% attack).

Also I definitely think there should be a column that will state whether a Pokemon in All-vs-One/One-vs-All will outspeed the one whose stats you're calculating, as well as being able to sort two columns at once, i.e. sort first by "best move" and then simultaneously sort by KO chance. I also think there should be an option to hide selected results, like if I'm seeing builds of a Pokemon that can outspeed and OHKO me in the results, and I might as well hide them or send their results to the bottom so they don't clutter up the list of Pokemon I CAN handle.

Are any of these possible and implementable? If so, when do you think we could expect such an addition?

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Merged your question into SQ&SA Broheem. It's then appropriate place for questions.

To give an answer: https://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/ already have a Sun & Moon calculator implemented, which does basically everything correct at the moment (I believe). If you can't see it, hard refresh the page (Ctrl + F5 on chrome) to refresh the browser cache which usually is the reason people doesn't see it.

Merged your question into SQ&SA Broheem. It's then appropriate place for questions.

To give an answer: https://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/ already have a Sun & Moon calculator implemented, which does basically everything correct at the moment (I believe). If you can't see it, hard refresh the page (Ctrl + F5 on chrome) to refresh the browser cache which usually is the reason people doesn't see it.
Yes, that's the calculator I've been using this whole time. All the glitches and suggestions I've given apply to that calculator.

EDIT: Tried Ctrl + f5ing to see if it changed anything (nothing changed) and the glitches I listed before are still occurring.

EDIT: Tried Ctrl + f5ing to see if it changed anything (nothing changed) and the glitches I listed before are still occurring.
The hotkey for deleting the browser cache depends on your browser. If you don't have gen7 pokemon and data, this means your browser still has the old version cached and you need to clear your cache.

I can confirm the calc has the terrain effects and correctly applies the 1.5x multiplier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)