Sceptile-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch / Taunt / Spore

After messing around with a type-coverage calculator for probably far too long, I determined this was the best possible reckless coverage, or close to it, that can be paired with a Grass-STAB and benefit from Sheer Force. Sheer Force LO Seed Flare is the main move of choice, and it hits scarily hard. Earth Power and Ice Beam is purely for coverage, the former to nail Fire and Steel types, the latter for Dragon, Flying Grass, and, on occasion, Bug, although what bug is out that is common and not Scizor? Either way, all three moves are Sheer Force boosted, so not only do they get that, but also recoil free LO boost.

Last slot has a lot of possibilities, but I went with the first three that came to mind. Volt Switch causes LO recoil, but it's great for seizing momentum while inflicting damage. Sceptile is extremely fast, so it also has one of the fastest Taunts available, especially without having to worry too much about a return bounce. Sceptile is also the fastest user of Spore who is naturally immune, meaning Bounce is never a worry except when ultra gimmicks like Soak appear. Whichever of the three, or another, we use should probably depend on our teammates. (Set-up could also work too, but this set is meant more to hit fast and hard without it.)

The set is vulnerable to Imposters in this state. Luckily, some bulky mons, like Ho-Oh, Xerneas, and Kyu-B, can take neutral hits from everything or better and threaten Imposters without having to dip into abilities. With them, we get stuff like Levitate Heatran, Sap Sipper Kyogre-P, Levitate Aegislash, and so forth. We could also remove the LO and swap Ice Beam for Icicle Plate Judgement if we want Sceptile to handle its own Imposters. And, worst case scenario, Chansey won't have a LO, so its attacks won't hit our team as hard as Sceptile hits theirs.

We'll also need an -ate check for the one -ate on the opposing team since Sceptile is vulnerable to all of them. But then again, unless something else happens, having an -ate check will likely be necessary anyway. Someone else will have to answer Sheddy too. Hazards would work great for this since Sceptile would benefit from them greatly even if Sheddy wasn't a thing, but other means are also worth looking into.

Modest because the only things it wants to outspeed already do with the same nature (Aerodactyl-M), aren't too common (Manectric-M), or tend to run offensive natures themselves last I checked and are therefore outsped anyway (both Mewtwos). But Timid can easily be used instead.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Sceptile-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch / Taunt / Spore

After messing around with a type-coverage calculator for probably far too long, I determined this was the best possible reckless coverage, or close to it, that can be paired with a Grass-STAB and benefit from Sheer Force. Sheer Force LO Seed Flare is the main move of choice, and it hits scarily hard. Earth Power and Ice Beam is purely for coverage, the former to nail Fire and Steel types, the latter for Dragon, Flying Grass, and, on occasion, Bug, although what bug is out that is common and not Scizor? Either way, all three moves are Sheer Force boosted, so not only do they get that, but also recoil free LO boost.

Last slot has a lot of possibilities, but I went with the first three that came to mind. Volt Switch causes LO recoil, but it's great for seizing momentum while inflicting damage. Sceptile is extremely fast, so it also has one of the fastest Taunts available, especially without having to worry too much about a return bounce. Sceptile is also the fastest user of Spore who is naturally immune, meaning Bounce is never a worry except when ultra gimmicks like Soak appear. Whichever of the three, or another, we use should probably depend on our teammates. (Set-up could also work too, but this set is meant more to hit fast and hard without it.)

The set is vulnerable to Imposters in this state. Luckily, some bulky mons, like Ho-Oh, Xerneas, and Kyu-B, can take neutral hits from everything or better and threaten Imposters without having to dip into abilities. With them, we get stuff like Levitate Heatran, Sap Sipper Kyogre-P, Levitate Aegislash, and so forth. We could also remove the LO and swap Ice Beam for Icicle Plate Judgement if we want Sceptile to handle its own Imposters. And, worst case scenario, Chansey won't have a LO, so its attacks won't hit our team as hard as Sceptile hits theirs.

We'll also need an -ate check for the one -ate on the opposing team since Sceptile is vulnerable to all of them. But then again, unless something else happens, having an -ate check will likely be necessary anyway. Someone else will have to answer Sheddy too. Hazards would work great for this since Sceptile would benefit from them greatly even if Sheddy wasn't a thing, but other means are also worth looking into.

Modest because the only things it wants to outspeed already do with the same nature (Aerodactyl-M), aren't too common (Manectric-M), or tend to run offensive natures themselves last I checked and are therefore outsped anyway (both Mewtwos). But Timid can easily be used instead.
Mfw it's not quick feet sceptile

I really think timid would be best to outspeed timid mmy. I'm pretty sure most mmy's are timid themselves to outspeed gengar. And outspeeding mmy is one of the main reason to choose sceptile and not mmy itself.

For the last slot, Espeed could be used to ohko Deoxys A and maybe to finish a damaged -ate user.

Last edited:
I do not claim authorship of this set, I just think it's neat.

Pixitran 2.0 (Groudon-Primal) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Boomburst
- Quiver Dance
- Milk Drink

This is basically a bulkier, harder hitting version of Pixitran. It is slightly less reliable than pixitran was, as chansey isn't OHKOed by judgement, and Groudon takes more from a boomburst, but is much more effective sweeper.

If someone has a more effective EV spread, that'd be great.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Safety Goggles / Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- King's Shield
- Tail Glow
- Hyperspace Fury
- Psystrike
This works as a good anti-imposter mon. It does, however, require support since it can't survive a hit from any -ate mon (barring maybe sunkern with tackle or something.) I think this set is fairly obvious. It boosts its terrible speed, is immune to any attacks from an imposter (unless imposter is hoopa), can boost its spA, and has fairly high powered stab moves. Focus sash is to survive one -ate attack and take them out.

TEG edit: For anyone who wants to know
252+ Atk Choice Band Pixilate Sunkern Tackle vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Hoopa-U: 158-186 (52.3 - 61.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited by a moderator:
Groudon-Primal @ Choice Band
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Thousand Arrows
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn

This isn't a very deep set, but it's one capable of being monstrously effective due to the sheer damage output it has. A choice band, stab, sun v-create is amazing, and allows groudon to OHKO many common pokemon. As well as this, Desolate-Land allows it to come in against foes like Kyogre and KO them with Bolt Strike. The trick of this set is to wall it (I would personally consider fur-coat Mega-Swampert), but with that taken care of, it is an incredible dangerous set.

ᕦ(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง (Gyarados-Mega) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Knock Off/Waterfall
- King's Shield

nice gyrados that can usually stop a sturdy shedinja. knock off/waterdall is for nice stab against other mons.

FEAR ME (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Abomasite
Ability: Simple
Modest Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Cotton Guard
- Quiver Dance
- Stored Power
- Hyperspace Fury

EDIT: FEAR ME (Hoopa-Unbound) Leftovers
EVs: 4 Atk/ 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Shell Smash
- Hyperspace Fury
- Stored Power
- Substitute

my pride and joy. Anti-Chansey, and an excellent Late-game sweeper. Can't tell you how many games I've won with it..only utilized in lategame or during setup tho
Cotton Guard instantly shoots it to +6 defense, Quiver dance boosts sp.a,sp.d, and speed for a +6 total too. After a single quiver dance, Hoopa-U can generally sweep anything with stored power.

Last edited:

Kyogre-Primal @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Water Spout
- Leech Seed
- Ice Beam

Before ORAS came into the picture, utility pivots such as defensive Poison Heal Xerneas, defensive Poison Heal Kyogre, Sturdy Shedinja, and Prankster Mega Venusaur all gave Poison Heal Kyogre a very difficult time doing its job as a sweeper. This has all changed with the coming of ORAS. Primal Kyogre has been extremely dominant since its inception a month ago. Primal Kyogre's destructive power has been augmented thanks to the great change in standard team structure in the current metagame.

For a long time, people continued to use the standard Poison Heal Kyogre set, which was good, but wasn't really ideal in the current metagame. That's why I decided to build something new, something capable of taking advantage of the community's over-reliance on revenge killers to defeat opposing sweepers; as such, this set would probably not be very exceptional if people still regularly used utility walls, such as Mega Venusaur, but thankfully, some of these utility walls (especially the ones that counter this set) are very hard to fit into a team without compromising team structure.

Leech Seed is what makes this set different, as it allows Primal Kyogre to easily defeat those that commonly oppose its wrath, namely Imposter Chansey and Shedinja.

Quiver Dance is the crux of this set, bolstering Primal Kyogre's Spa, SpD, and Spe. Quiver Dance has always been a great move for Poison Heal sweepers thanks to its extremely useful SpD boost, as the SpD boost is what allows Poison Heal sweepers to defeat Imposters consistently.

Water Spout is extremely destructive provided that Primal Kyogre has 100% of its HP, capable of OHKOing almost every relevant Pokemon that does not resist it after a Quiver Dance boost.

Ice Beam is another important move, as it allows Primal Kyogre to defeat foes such as Giratina, Mega Venusaur, Mega Rayquaza, and Mega Latios.

Another great thing about this set's attacking moves is that Imposters will barely do any damage with Ice Beam or Water Spout after some prior damage with Leech Seed.

The EV spread allows Primal Kyogre to outpace Timid Mega Mewtwo-Y after one Quiver Dance boost, OHKO walls such as SpD Registeel, and wall Imposters and other threats with great ease.

This set does well with the Paranoid Stall structure, so it likes having all the support it can get to keep it alive. The combination of Cosmic Power + Baton Pass is much appreciated, since unlike most Poison Heal sweepers, Primal Kyogre still counters Imposter with the defense boosts. Cosmic Power also helps Primal Kyogre in defeating the repulsive -ate Pokemon. Overall, I have to say that Primal Kyogre is the greatest Poison Heal sweeper in the current metagame.

Last edited:
Groudon-Primal @ Choice Band
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Thousand Arrows
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn

This isn't a very deep set, but it's one capable of being monstrously effective due to the sheer damage output it has. A choice band, stab, sun v-create is amazing, and allows groudon to OHKO many common pokemon. As well as this, Desolate-Land allows it to come in against foes like Kyogre and KO them with Bolt Strike. The trick of this set is to wall it (I would personally consider fur-coat Mega-Swampert), but with that taken care of, it is an incredible dangerous set.
Since the imposter doesn't usually carry a choice band i don't think walling it would be too hard, giratina / megachomp should probably do the trick.

Drifblim @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP
Quiet Nature
IVs: NaN Atk / NaN Def / NaN SpA / NaN SpD / NaN Spe
- Metal Burst
- Destiny Bond
- Spiky Shield
- Defog/Taunt

This sounds rather gimmicky, but I've found it incredibly useful in numerous BH matches as a lead,if you have an open Prankster slot.
Basically, Drifblim metal bursts to KO a poke, then uses a priority D-bond to take down another one. Spiky Shield is good to stop Fake Out+E-speed, and also prevents pesky moves like spore :) Defog is to remove hazards that they set up; alternatively, taunt if you predict a setup (but do it carefully or its ruined) or to stop their own prankster, forcing them to bring in their attacker.

Drifblim @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP
Quiet Nature
IVs: NaN Atk / NaN Def / NaN SpA / NaN SpD / NaN Spe
- Metal Burst
- Destiny Bond
- Spiky Shield
- Defog/Taunt

This sounds rather gimmicky, but I've found it incredibly useful in numerous BH matches as a lead,if you have an open Prankster slot.
Basically, Drifblim metal bursts to KO a poke, then uses a priority D-bond to take down another one. Spiky Shield is good to stop Fake Out+E-speed, and also prevents pesky moves like spore :) Defog is to remove hazards that they set up; alternatively, taunt if you predict a setup (but do it carefully or its ruined) or to stop their own prankster, forcing them to bring in their attacker.
Sorry, you're only allowed one submission per stage, so choose if you'd rather have this or the Hoopa-Unbound. (Why is this a Drifblim, by the way?)

delete the driblim then <3. driblim has high hp btw,and low enough speed...its also for the trolls :) i considered wailord too

FEAR ME (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Abomasite
Modest Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Cotton Guard
- Quiver Dance
- Stored Power
- Hyperspace Fury

my pride and joy. Anti-Chansey, and an excellent Late-game sweeper. Can't tell you how many games I've won with it..only utilized in lategame or during setup tho
Cotton Guard instantly shoots it to +6 defense, Quiver dance boosts sp.a,sp.d, and speed for a +6 total too. After a single quiver dance, Hoopa-U can generally sweep anything with stored power.
Hyperspace fury is a phisical move, quiver dancing will not boost it's power
Also, hyperspace fury + simple = ew
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-191711784
You could pack insect plate judgment, that will deal with opposing dark types and with imposter.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Hyperspace fury is a phisical move, quiver dancing will not boost it's power
Also, hyperspace fury + simple = ew
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-191711784
You could pack insect plate judgment, that will deal with opposing dark types and with imposter.
There's no real point in running judgment, it's already imposter proof. Judgment just makes you weaker to imposter. Since hyperspace fury is physical, you would probably want to run a set like this:

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb / Leftovers
EVs: 4 SpA / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Shell Smash
- Stored Power
- Hyperspace Fury
- Substitute

yeah,i was thinking along those lines...but i'd think there'd be a more useful move other than sub (although i'm not sure what)...its a late-game sweeper,sub shouldnt be necessary

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
yeah,i was thinking along those lines...but i'd think there'd be a more useful move other than sub (although i'm not sure what)...its a late-game sweeper,sub shouldnt be necessary
There's literally no other move you can put on it that's useful ;-;

King's shield is pretty pointless as you're still going to die to priority even if they're at -2 because of your terrible bulk.
Spore / Dark Void just makes you weak to imposter
Any other attacking move makes you weak to imposter
Psystrike isn't needed because hyperspace fury is already physical.

Sub is actually useful because it prevents revenge killing by -ate users, which gives this even more opportunities to sweep than if it didn't have sub.

You could put whirlpool or something like that on this for shed killing, but that's really a waste of a moveslot considering how easy shed is to kill with other things (stealth rock / moldy pursuiter)

And just for shits and giggles:
+2 4 SpA Hoopa-Unbound Infestation vs. -1 0 HP / 0- SpD Hoopa: 248-292 (82.3 - 97%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. -1 248 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Hoopa: 633-745 (90 - 105.9%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

Alright, it's time to vote! This is the Pokemon we will be basing our team around, so choose wisely.

Langur's Pixilate Mega Diancie (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons-ccat.3523754/#post-5906277)

Neverman's Aerilate Mega Rayquaza (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons-ccat.3523754/#post-5906282)

CrazyGuy108's Sturdy Shedinja (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons-ccat.3523754/#post-5906293)

Kit Kasai's Tinted Lens Primal Kyogre (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons-ccat.3523754/#post-5906341)

aesf's Tinted Lens Primal Groudon (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons-ccat.3523754/#post-5906408)

Ranger Mike's Unburden Ho-oh (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons-ccat.3523754/#post-5906444)

motherlove's Prankster Primal Groudon (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons-ccat.3523754/#post-5906647)

aleuser's Illusion Kyurem-Black (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons-ccat.3523754/#post-5907149)

AWailOfATail's Poison Heal Mega Audino (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons-ccat.3523754/#post-5907276)

Rumors's Sheer Force Mega Sceptile (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons-ccat.3523754/page-2#post-5907729)

Zewwok's Pixilate Primal Groudon (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons-ccat.3523754/page-2#post-5908049)

Deathly The King's Speed Boost Hoopa-Unbound (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons-ccat.3523754/page-2#post-5908973)

TheBurgerKing99's Desolate Land Primal Groudon (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons-ccat.3523754/page-2#post-5909438)

I_Suck_At_Pokermon's Magic Bounce Mega Gyarados (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons-ccat.3523754/page-2#post-5911558)

omnisc's Simple Hoopa-Unbound (needs to be modified) (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons-ccat.3523754/page-2#post-5911579)

Adrian Marin's Poison Heal Primal Kyogre (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons-ccat.3523754/page-2#post-5911732)

Note: Please don't vote for your own set. Also, vote for the person's name, not the Pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)