Battle Factory Tour [FINALS.3] [Won by McMeghan]

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The Battle Factory Tour
Art by Elcheeso
Approved by TD Team.

The Battle Factory is a long standing Battle facility within the video games for a long time, allowing the use of rental pokémon, and ensuring team management based upon knowing what your opponent is likely to use in the upcoming battle to get an advantage over your opponent. In this tour I’m striving to emulate what is possibly, the most enjoyable aspect of the Battle Frontier. Will knowledge of knowing what you’re up against help or hinder you as you try to prepare for the oncoming threat? Or will you attempt to prepare for what you could possibly encounter in future rounds?

Tour Rules

• You get 6 Random Pokémon from the get go - these will form your initial team.
  • Once you have won a round you get to swap up to a maximum of 2 pokemon from your team, in exchange for the same amount of your opponents pokemon.
  • PM me with what you want after you win / When the next round goes up. Battles may not start between pairings unless i’ve received pms from both users.
  • Swapping out mons is not mandatory, if you’re comfortable with your team, drop me a message saying you want to keep it as it is.
  • Of course, all normal tournament rules and clauses apply.
  • BW2 OU will be the tier used for this tour.
  • All battles are Best of three, with the option to change sets between each of the rounds.
  • Once you've dropped a Pokémon from your roster - it's gone until you swap it back in again.
  • From Round 2 onwards you must look at your opponents team and consider what they may have swapped. To help you out, I've listed your opponents previous team pokémon, who they have played - and a hint to how many they have swapped out.

Use this spreadsheet to locate your mons

Pairings
Both Pairings must PM me their swaps before battling. (Even if it's no swaps).

McMeghan vs Soulwind
SoulWind vs Marshall.Law
Marshall.Law vs McMeghan

McMeghan vs Soulwind
SoulWind
vs Marshall.Law
Marshall.Law vs McMeghan

McMeghan vs SoulWind
SoulWind vs Marshall.Law
Marshall.Law vs McMeghan

With regard to swaps - You only get the one and must use that team against both of your opponents.So prepare for them both as best you can.
as per usual, drag the finals on for about a month then all play once a TD complains - you know the drill. you can surprise me and play earlier, though :D

Last edited:

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Won 2-1 vs SoulWind in some close games, ggs friend.

I'll post replays once I'm -hopefully- done with Marshall (who I'll play ASAP)!

____

Lost 2-0 to Marshall.Law.

We'll replay when we'll be ready I guess.

Last edited:

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ok with regards to swaps

you may swap with the person you beat in the finals.

SO
McMeghan
takes from SoulWind
SoulWind
takes from Marshall.Law
Marshall.Law
takes from McMeghan

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Lost 1-2 to Marshall.Law in some close as fuck games.

FireMage, if you have any idea as to how we could play the final differently, feel free to propose them because playing Bo3 in that particular format again is pretty tedious imo (and I know SoulWind agrees too).

FireMage

Disgraced
Liberty Bump.

Each of the finalists are going to receive 6 new mons. From there they are able to Sub up to 2 mons from their old team into the new one.

Marshall.Law: Lanturn / Snorlax / Breloom / Whimsicott / Rotom-C / Jirachi
McMeghan: Empoleon / Kyurem-B / Poryon-2 / Dugtrio / Rotom-C / Staraptor
SoulWind: Donphan / Darmantian / Volcarona / Dragonite / Thundurus-T / Alakazam

Please do not play any battles until I have received a PM from you all - you know the drill!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)