Rules Forum Rules and Simple Questions/Answers

There was an online competition called April Friendly in 2014 with legendaries allowed. This time it could be an LC-like comp according to the picture.

Um, so all of a sudden my single battle rank has been reset in the PGL website, but my double, special, VGC are untouched.

Anyone know why this could be?

Um, so all of a sudden my single battle rank has been reset in the PGL website, but my double, special, VGC are untouched.

Anyone know why this could be?
Did you try playing on another 3DS? Or disconnect from any games recently?

I sometimes disconnect right after my new ranking shows and before I get a new battle, but that's it. Usually never in a battle. Especially not in singles since I do so well :p

I just logged in the game and I still have my score and my battles played (which is about 100). :\

It might just be some kind of glitch on PGL, i'd give it a few days and see what happens. If it doesnt fix itself soon try emailing TPCi.

There was a Battle Spot Singles Tour? I would have signed up if I knew. I can't find the thread to it anywhere in the wifi tournament section or the tournaments section. Wanna sign up for future ones so am I looking at the wrong subforums?

Arcanine @ Firium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Level: 50
EVs: 160 Atk / 52 SpA / 44 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Burn Up
- Extreme Speed
- Wild Charge
- Crunch

I've been having lots of fun with this set. Inferno Overdrive off Burn Up is incredibly powerful and deals heavy damage even with minimal investment so this thing sort of works like a lure for people who assume it's fully physical (which it sort of is). 44 SpD Evs avoids the 1HKO (barring a crit ) from Life Orb Timid Tapu Koko under Electric Terrain and 52 SpA guarantees the 1HKO on it with Inferno Overdrive (
52 SpA Arcanine Inferno Overdrive (195 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Koko: 147-174 (100.6 - 119.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
). Here's the thing with this set though, after using Burn Up for the 1st time many people assume you lack the Fire-type coverage and STAB and are inclined to switch their Celesteela or Tapu Bulu in just to get it toasted by Arcanine's Z-move even if it is lacking STAB (
52 SpA Arcanine Inferno Overdrive (195 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Celesteela: 154-182 (75.4 - 89.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery |
52 SpA Arcanine Inferno Overdrive (195 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Bulu: 162-192 (91.5 - 108.4%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

). I run Crunch because Marowak just loves switching into it.
It's situational for sure, but I thought it was fun enough to share.

However, if you want something more reliable you cannot go wrong with:

Arcanine @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Morning Sun

or

Arcanine @ Life Orb / Expert Belt / Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate / Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat

Arcanine @ Firium Z
EVs: 160 Atk / 52 SpA / 44 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Burn Up
- Extreme Speed
- Wild Charge
- Crunch

I've been having lots of fun with this set. Inferno Overdrive off Burn Up is incredibly powerful and deals heavy damage even with minimal investment so this thing sort of works like a lure for people who assume it's fully physical (which it sort of is). 44 SpD Evs avoids the 1HKO (barring a crit ) from Life Orb Timid Tapu Koko under Electric Terrain and 52 SpA guarantees the 1HKO on it with Inferno Overdrive (
52 SpA Arcanine Inferno Overdrive (195 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Koko: 147-174 (100.6 - 119.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
). Here's the thing with this set though, after using Burn Up for the 1st time many people assume you lack the Fire-type coverage and STAB and are inclined to switch their Celesteela or Tapu Bulu in just to get it toasted by Arcanine's Z-move even if it is lacking STAB (
52 SpA Arcanine Inferno Overdrive (195 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Celesteela: 154-182 (75.4 - 89.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery |
52 SpA Arcanine Inferno Overdrive (195 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Bulu: 162-192 (91.5 - 108.4%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

). I run Crunch because Marowak just loves switching into it.
It's situational for sure, but I thought it was fun enough to share.

However, if you want something more reliable you cannot go wrong with:

Arcanine @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Morning Sun

or

Arcanine @ Life Orb / Expert Belt / Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate / Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
Thanks! I'll definitely try out the first set.

Sat down to plan out a Magnezone. Intended on Hidden Power Fire, but the statistics from last month have way more ice users.

Guessing thats for things like Salamence and Garchomp on the switch (and Landorus-T after bank), but is there something else obvious that I'm missing?

Sat down to plan out a Magnezone. Intended on Hidden Power Fire, but the statistics from last month have way more ice users.

Guessing thats for things like Salamence and Garchomp on the switch (and Landorus-T after bank), but is there something else obvious that I'm missing?
There's no ferrothorn prebank so Fire isn't really that great. Ice is a lot more useful rn, and may still be more useful even after bank just cause Sturdy + HP ice is great for lando, chomp and mence.

So when tournaments roll around that allow Ash-Greninja to be used, what actual restrictions are there on him?

- Can he get a 0 ATK IV for min Foul Play/Strength Sap?
- Can he get the full plethora of Hidden Power moves?

The Showdown simulator seems to believe so, where it does nature lock Extremespeed Genesect. But before someone loses a tourney win for an inconsistency like that dream ball Aegislash a few years back now, I'd like to know.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So when tournaments roll around that allow Ash-Greninja to be used, what actual restrictions are there on him?

- Can he get a 0 ATK IV for min Foul Play/Strength Sap?
- Can he get the full plethora of Hidden Power moves?

The Showdown simulator seems to believe so, where it does nature lock Extremespeed Genesect. But before someone loses a tourney win for an inconsistency like that dream ball Aegislash a few years back now, I'd like to know.
Unfortunately, neither are possible, since Ash-Greninja has a locked IV spread of 20/31/20/31/20/31.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey guys newbie here. I'd like a site that lists movesets for the most viable pokemon. Preferably all of the ones from S to B in this list: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/viability-rankings-pre-bank.3587201/

Thanks!
There isn't one just yet. So far we only have two finished analyses on the Strategy Dex which are for Aegislash and Mimikyu. You can check out the forum where we work on them here to see if something you want to use is being written. Alternatively, I've loaded a whole bunch of movesets for nearly all the top mons into our damage calculator so you could possibly find what you need there. If there's a Pokemon you want to know about specifically you could try asking in this thread, our PS chatroom, or Discord channel! Or even send me a PM if you need.

Lionyx

メラミ
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Unfortunately, neither are possible, since Ash-Greninja has a locked IV spread of 20/31/20/31/20/31.
This spread is for the demo only, but it is modified (and can be reseted) when Greninja is transfered. From my personal experience, 0IV Atk Ash-Greninja have been accepted on both Pokémon Showdown and Battle Spot Special 1 on the games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)