BSS BIG LIZARD PWNZ (Koraidon) (QC 2/1) (GP1/1)

DerpySuX

TABLES FLIPPED NOW WE GOT ALL THE COCONUTS BITCH
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributor
BFD means big heckin dragon

[SET]
BFD (Koraidon) @ Choice Scarf / Choice Band
Ability: Orichalcum Pulse
Level: 50
Tera Type: Fire / Fighting
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Collision Course
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage
- U-turn
[SET COMMENTS]
* With its stratospheric Attack, further bolstered by its amazing ability in Orichalcum Pulse and blistering Speed, Koraidon is one of the premier restricted Pokemon in Battle Stadium Singles.

* **Collision Course versus Close Combat**: While Close Combat does more damage to neutral targets, Collision Course’s lack of drawbacks makes it the generally preferred option. Low Kick may seem appealing, but its dependence on the foe’s weight means it is particularly weak when used against targets like Chi-Yu.

* **Flare Blitz**: Thanks to the sun set by Orichalcum Pulse, Flare Blitz is arguably Koraidon’s most spammable attack, easily cutting through the Steel- and Fairy-types that would try to switch into its Dragon-type STAB moves.

* **Outrage**: While it is a risky move to lock into, Outrage’s sheer power makes it Koraidon’s preferred Dragon-type STAB attack.

* **U-turn and Teammates**: Thanks to the sun it sets with Orichalcum Pulse, Koraidon facilitates sun teams beautifully. Teammates like Flutter Mane and Ogerpon-H benefit greatly from Koraidon’s sun and can easily be brought in via U-turn.

Other Options
==========
* **Flame Charge**: While giving up one of Koraidon’s other moves can be a big sacrifice, Flame Charge gives Choice Band sets an option to clean up weakened teams thanks to its Speed boost making Koraidon significantly harder to revenge kill. However, it is very reliant on the power boost gained from Tera Fire to be consistent at all.

Items
=========
* **Choice Scarf**: Thanks to its high natural power and great Speed tier, Koraidon is an excellent Choice Scarf user, easily capable of stopping attempted sweeps from foes like boosted Kyurem-B, Zacian-C, and Calyrex-S.

* **Choice Band**: Choice Band elevates Koraidon’s power to nearly unfathomable levels, allowing it to perform feats such as OHKOing Fire-resistant foes like Urshifu-R with Tera-boosted Flare Blitz in sun.

Tera Types
==========
* **Tera Dependency - Low**: While Koraidon makes excellent use of Terastallization, it is far from necessary for it to succeed.

* **Fire**: Tera Fire grants Koraidon a crucial Fairy resistance and STAB on Flare Blitz, allowing it to more easily clean up late-game.

* **Fighting**: Tera Fighting boosts Collision Course’s power even further, making it easier to spam while also ridding Koraidon of most of the weaknesses that come from its Dragon typing.

[CREDITS]
Written by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/derpysux.528485/
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/starkgod.62165/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/theorymon.29010/
Grammar checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/solarbeam.470115/

Last edited:

DerpySuX

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributor
that seems fairly niche, I think that would fit better in an “other options” area. It’s a massive sacrifice in power from Flare Blitz but I can definitely see use cases

that seems fairly niche, I think that would fit better in an “other options” area. It’s a massive sacrifice in power from Flare Blitz but I can definitely see use cases
252+ Atk Choice Band Orichalcum Pulse Tera-Fire Koraidon Flame Charge (Tera 60 BP Boost) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Miraidon in Sun: 87-103 (49.7 - 58.8%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO

DerpySuX

Most Koraidon use Jolly since 135 is such a crowded speed tier, so realistically Flame Charge won’t maintain the 2 hit KO on Mirai. I think it would be best in an other options segment

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I can back up Flame Charge on on CB Koraidon at least, I legit had my bulky Miraidon 3HKOed by that thing, it's surprisingly nuts at turning CB Koriadon into a late-game cleaner! I'm also guessing its the main reason why Flame Charge has about 56% usage atm (this actually makes it the 3rd most common attack on Koraidon rn!), since the other items and Swords Dance don't add up to Flame Charge's crazy usage. To be clear it only makes sense on CB due to all the immediate boosts adding up so much, and its mainly something used for cleaning up while Tera Fire.

I should note too: It wouldn't be slashed in with Flare Blitz since obviously CB doesn't want to give up that kind of insane power LOL. Instead I think it's been mostly used over U-turn and Outrage. Too be clear I don't think you'd want Flame Charge to be a primary slash anywhere on the set, more like a secondary slash. And if not a slash... a very, very strong other options mention (though I know I would personally slash it in based off what I've seen those CB Flame Charge Koraidons pull lol)

Rest of this is totally fine btw, tho IDK if GP will like the name lol. I like it though, reminds me of Doom!

DerpySuX

I can back up Flame Charge on on CB Koraidon at least, I legit had my bulky Miraidon 3HKOed by that thing, it's surprisingly nuts at turning CB Koriadon into a late-game cleaner! I'm also guessing its the main reason why Flame Charge has about 56% usage atm (this actually makes it the 3rd most common attack on Koraidon rn!), since the other items and Swords Dance don't add up to Flame Charge's crazy usage. To be clear it only makes sense on CB due to all the immediate boosts adding up so much, and its mainly something used for cleaning up while Tera Fire.

I should note too: It wouldn't be slashed in with Flare Blitz since obviously CB doesn't want to give up that kind of insane power LOL. Instead I think it's been mostly used over U-turn and Outrage. Too be clear I don't think you'd want Flame Charge to be a primary slash anywhere on the set, more like a secondary slash. And if not a slash... a very, very strong other options mention (though I know I would personally slash it in based off what I've seen those CB Flame Charge Koraidons pull lol)

Rest of this is totally fine btw, tho IDK if GP will like the name lol. I like it though, reminds me of Doom!
The name is a reference to the bfg from doom LOL. My team based around it is named BFD Division in reference to the song by Mick Gordon

SolarBeam

not on fire (yet)
is a Contributor to Smogon
1/1, GP Team done

blue = add
red = remove
(orange) = comment

(note: you used curly apostrophes over ASCII ones, so i replaced them accordingly and marked with "(ASCII)" where i did so)

[SET]
BFD (Koraidon) @ Choice Scarf / Choice Band
Ability: Orichalcum Pulse
Level: 50
Tera Type: Fire / Fighting
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Collision Course
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage
- U-turn
[SET COMMENTS]
* With its stratospheric Attack, further bolstered by its amazing ability in Orichalcum Pulse and blistering Speed, Koraidon is one of the premier restricted Pokemon in the Battle Stadium Singles metagame.

* **Collision Course versus Close Combat**: While Close Combat does more damage to neutral targets, Collision Course's (ASCII) lack of drawbacks makes it the generally preferred option. Low Kick may seem appealing, but its dependence on the foe's (ASCII) weight means it is particularly weak when used against targets like Chi-Yu.

* **Flare Blitz**: Thanks to the sun set by Orichalcum Pulse, Flare Blitz is arguably Koraidon's (ASCII) most spammable attack, easily cutting through the Steel- and Fairy-types that would try to switch in to into its Dragon-type STAB moves.

* **Outrage**: While it is a risky move to lock into, Outrage's (ASCII) sheer power makes it Koraidon's (ASCII) preferred Dragon-type STAB attack.

* **U-turn and Teammates**: Thanks to the sun it sets with Orichalcum Pulse, Koraidon facilitates sun teams beautifully. Teammates like Flutter Mane and Ogerpon-H benefit greatly from Koraidon's (ASCII) sun and can easily be brought in via U-turn.

Other Options
==========
* **Flame Charge**: While giving up one of Koraidon's (ASCII) other moves can be a big sacrifice, Flame Charge gives Choice Banded Band sets an option to clean up weakened teams thanks to its Speed boost making Koraidon significantly harder to revenge kill. However, it is very reliant on the power boost gained from Tera Fire to be consistent at all.

Items
=========
* **Choice Scarf**: Thanks to its high natural power and great Speed tier, Koraidon is an excellent Choice Scarf user, easily capable of stopping attempted sweeps from foes like boosted Kyurem-B, Zacian-C, and Calyrex-S.

* **Choice Band**: Choice Band elevates Koraidon's (ASCII) power to nearly unfathomable levels, allowing it to perform feats such as OHKOing resists Fire-resistant foes ("resists" can't be used as a noun to mean "a Pokemon that resists x") like Urshifu-R with Tera-boosted Flare Blitz in sun.

Tera Types
==========
* **Tera Dependency - Low**: While Koraidon makes excellent use of Terastallization, it is far from necessary for it to succeed.

* **Fire**: Tera Fire grants Koraidon a crucial Fairy resistance and STAB on Flare Blitz, allowing it to more easily clean up late-game.

* **Fighting**: Tera Fighting boosts Collision Course's (ASCII) power even further, making it easier to spam while also ridding Koraidon of most of the weaknesses that come from its Dragon typing.

[CREDITS]
Written by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/derpysux.528485/
Quality checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/starkgod.62165/
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/theorymon.29010/
Grammar checked by:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/solarbeam.470115/

DerpySuX

Thank you! I replace the commas and apostrophes when I upload my analyses to the dex. The reason they’re the curvy one is bc I type my drafts on mobile lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)