Break This Team - UU Edition! (Week 9 - Submission phase)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Accel

thanks for the memories
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Congratulations to both TSR and Renny_ for winning this week, well done! Kreme has graciously provided a team for week 3, so huge shoutout to him for that. Looking forward to your submissions for this week, keep up the great work everyone!

Results:
1st - TSR ||| Renny : 7
2nd - Lcans: 6
3rd - pokemon sparrow: 5
Kreme: 3
Lord Esche: 2
HotFuzzBall ||| AbrarWasee: 1​

Raikou @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 76 SpD / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Taunt

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Endeavor

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Encore

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Wanted to build around Ghostium Z Raikou since I saw bouff post about it and it looked fun, so here it is. Normalium Z was another thing that sounded cool but I thought the extra utility from having more coverage without resorting to one-time Z-Moves was pretty useful. Next I wanted another strong setup sweeper to pair it up with so I decided to go for SD + taunt Gliscor as this theoretically destroys a lot of stall that doesn't use Flying-types, which are covered by Raikou for the most part anyways. Next up I decided to go for Scarf Keldeo since it was part of the core bouff posted and covered a lot of bases in terms of helping with offense and checking stuff like Mega Aerodactyl. Afterwards I wanted another Pokemon I could fall back on to pivot around and provided useful resistances against Dragon-type attacks for the most part, making Clefable the obvious choice as I hadn't had a Stealth Rock user as of yet. Encore ensures I'm not setup fodder for the likes of CM Raikou and CM Reuniclus among other things. Afterwards I wanted more offensive pressure and more immediate power, making Scizor a good choice. This is especially the case considering I lacked a Fairy-resist prior and this helped solidify my matchup against those Pokemon a bit, as well as against offense due to its strong priority. Lastly, I wanted entry hazard removal so Latias was obvious considering I also wanted a good Keldeo check that wasn't grounded. I decided to forego HP Fire considering this was my best check to Keldeo and I didn't want to to be worn down too easily.

As always, have fun! Deadline is Thursday, 23rd March, 2PM GMT -3. You CANNOT submit a core with either Azumarill or Alakazam.

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
reserving starmie and hippowdon

+

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin / Recover

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Toxic
Both Starmie and Hippowdon together can put a lot of work against this team. The team doesn't have a reliable answer to Starmie and doesn't exactly want to switch into it either due to the threat of an Analytic boosted move. Hydro Pump hits 2/3's of the team while the other two are dealt with Starmie's coverage options. Starmie is also faster than 2/3's of the team (Speed ties with Raikou, Keldeo outspeeds) but, it can afford to switch into Keldeo since it lacks HP Electric/Grass and is "weaker" since it is Scarfed. Hippowdon on the other hand deals with both Latias and Raikou. Hippowdon lives a Never Ending Nightmare at +2 while threatening it with Earthquake. Hippowdon can pivot into Draco Meteor and can potentially Toxic stall Latias out.

Last edited:
Reserving Mega Aerodactyl and Bewear.

Bewear @ Choice Band
Ability: Fluffy
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Shadow Claw

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Aqua Tail

Both of these Pokemon are significant issues to this team. Given that this is an offensive team, and is fairly slow outside of Keldeo, Mega Aerodactyl threatens to come in and revenge kill literally the whole team outside of Scizor locked into Bullet Punch. I feel that its Hone Claws set is the most threatening variant because it has setup opportunities on -2 Latias, Gliscor, and even Clefable if it is forced to recover. This forces the team to keep Keldeo and Scizor alive, which is harder than it looks because this team is also heavily reliant on Keldeo to check Bisharp and Scizor.

Bewear is also a problem seeing as how this team's fighting and normal resist can't switch into its normal and fighting STAB, respectively, meaning that Bewear gets a kill literally everytime it gets to attack. While it doesn't get to come in as often against this team as Aerodactyl, it can still come in pretty easily on Gliscor and Scizor to fire off attacks. It feels like this team has to force itself to sack Scizor or Clefable (risking 50/50s; will it use return or superpower?) everytime Bewear gets to attack. If the opponent's team also has an Aero, being forced to sack Scizor gives Aero a better chance to clean late game.

Last edited:

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

Raikou @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Toxic

Ironically this team is also quite weak to Ghostium Z Raikou, with its 2 checks (Raikou and Scarf Keldeo both losing to Amoonguss.) I've been thinking about Toxic Amoonguss as its a good lure for its general switch-ins like Latias and Dragons in general. It also 1v1's Blissey which is a plus as that lets Raikou sweep much easier.

+1 252 SpA Raikou Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latias: 382-450 (126.9 - 149.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252 SpA Raikou Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latias: 192-226 (63.7 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252 SpA Raikou Hidden Power Ice vs. 244 HP / 76 SpD Gliscor: 416-492 (118.1 - 139.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252 SpA Raikou Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable: 184-217 (46.7 - 55%) -- 14.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252 SpA Raikou Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Scizor: 243-286 (86.4 - 101.7%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Raikou: 177-208 (55.1 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+1 252 SpA Raikou Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Raikou: 238-281 (74.1 - 87.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

Lycans

Bebe's my bae
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Primarina (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Psychic
- Hydro Pump

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power

The combination of nidoqueen + primarina doesn't really allow any safe switchins to this team. Like the majority of balanced teams, they're commonly weak to nidoqueen and this team is no exception, 1hkoing half team and leaving the other half really weak if they want take a hit from it. On the other hand theres not that much to say about primarina, the water resists this team has are destroyed by it, so you have to predict really well if you don't want it to get a free kill

btw sorry for double post was a miss :x

meh im bored so ill give this a whirl

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Amoonguss @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

more of a balanced core but these dudes take on the team pretty well. ice fang gliscor is really nice against teams since usually they rely on their own glisc + clefable to take on the usual offensive threats, and ice fang is gliscor's best way of dealing with itself, as well as hitting things like mega aero and hydra. encore can be annoying but its not like clefable is particularly threatening otherwise. tanks hits from unboosted raikou (switching in isnt ideal obviously) zor latias without a whole lot of annoyances. amoong is there basically to deal with keld and serve as a second raik / clef check, tanks hits from those dudes comfortably as well.

you can creep gliscor's speed to outrun this glisc in particular but if u get a boost before they switch in and taunt u then beat it anyway, and cutting into gliscors bulk isnt always great. edits to this team like sr glisc + cm blizz / ib clef, cm latias, etc. can be annoying for this core though, but usually team support is enough to cut through this team

sparrow

kacaw
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
reserving latias + snorlax
+
Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Snorlax @ Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat
Happiness: 0
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
Latias comes in for free on Gliscor & Keldeo, from there it can then threaten this team with powerful LO boosted attacks. Forcing the Speed tie with the opposing Latias and HP Fire netting the OHKO on Scizor. The only viable switch ins to this Latias are Clefable and Raikou (Raikou only as the RK). Snorlax is easily able to capitalise on both of these Pokemon, not really caring for anything either can dish out. Choice Band Snorlax essentially clicks who's dying since selecting the correct move can 2HKO any Pokemon on this team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)