Project Break This Team (Week 42)

An uncommon Volt-Turn core to get momentum and rekt . With the momentum you can go into Hoopa or Magnezone accordingly. Magnezone takes care of Skarmory and Clefable. Hoopa takes care of M-Latias and Garchomp. Tornadus takes care of Alakazam and Tornadus. Tornadus just provides momentum for two very strong specs wallbreakers that straight up demolish the team. The two wallbreakers can really spam their STAB's. Flash cannon switchin after Skarmory is gone? Dark pulse switch-in after Clefable is gone? Hoopa just that good at breaking balance :).

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Weavile+ manectric

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Iron Tail/ Poison Jab

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power Ice

Weavile outspeeds every member of the team and beats most of the team with its stabs. The only switches to it are Clefable and Skarmory which are beaten by Iron tail and Manectric respectively. Mane also provides a safe volt switch for Weavile.

Well This voting period comes here to you from my holiday spot in tasmania and despite being away I still know all of the News coming out of the pokemon world. What a week its been A suspect of Hoopa U, More news on gen 7 and proof that fairies are the best type :D. Anyway 5 Cores this week but only 1 can win so lets vote

Voting

Core 1 - Mega Metagross + Rotom Heat
Core 2 - Kyurem-B + Mega Scizor
Core 3 - Genger + Mega Houndoom
Core 4 - Hoopa U + Magnezone + Tornadus T
Core 5 - Weavile + Mega Manetric

As per Usual Everyone gets 2 Votes. Voting end monday Afternoon australian Time. Goodluck and have fun. Remember anyone who reachs the hall for the 3rd time Gets to have there own Team broken.

ROFL if weavile + mane wins again I'll make the ladder suffer a t-wave fairy induced apocalypse. You'll only have yourselves to blame from the tears that'll flow from the scrubs

Anyway

Core 3
Core 4

Alright, voting for this week is over. The votes are pretty close this time around. Thanks for the participation!!! This week's winner is ethanlol with his Hoopa-U+ Magnezone+Tornadus-T core. Finally, we have prevented Weavile + Mega Menectric for winning this 3 times in a row lol.

Core 2: 3 votes
Core 3: 4 votes
Core 4: 7 votes
Core 5: 5 votes

Anyway, since this is the 20th week and CoC had his team broken on the 10th week, I figured why not have the thread break me and humiliate my mediocre team-building skills instead? This is something I put together on a whim and is therefore weak to tons of common threats unlike ladder-topping players so have fun breaking it!

Gyarados @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Natural Gift
- Bounce
- Dragon Dance

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Bullet Punch

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power Fire
- Ice Beam

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stone Edge

This team was created because I had the idea of using Natural Gift Gyarados as a "screw you" to Rotom-W, Quagsire and Mega Swampert which I have encountered on the ladder numerous times. Mega Metagross is therefore added as a partner because not only does Gyarados helps it lure those Rotoms, Gyarados also helps to check Gliscor, Lando-T and Celebi. In return, Metagross helps to check Lati@s, Kyu-B and Fairies which are annoying to get past. Bullet Punch allows you to pick off Mega Diancie and other fast threats (think Gengar, Lati@s, Weavile). Since the team is really weak to Electric-types, I added Kyurem-B who not only checks Grass-types and Electric-types, but also an important Manaphy check and secondary Ground-type remover. Draco Meteor is a nice "screw you" to 144 SpD Sableye as it can 2HKO it with LO Ice Beam+ itemless Draco. Starmie is added to get rid of Stealth Rock which saps away Gyarados's and Kyurem-B's life. It also gives me a Serperior check and Ferrothorn lure to benefit my sweepers. Since the team is weak to Sand and Talonflame, Rotom-W is added to the team. Thunder Wave > Wisp to lure Lati@s and Serperior who likes switching into Rotom. Garchomp rounds it off by giving me a Bisharp switch-in and Rocks setter.Toxic is used here to cripple switch-ins like Alomomola, Zapdos and Unaware mons.

Last edited:
Well I guess its finally time for some revenge against the Co-host >:} . I'm sure you had fun humiliating me last time. Now Its my turn to get you back.

Reserving Clefable + Bisharp + Talonflame

Sets
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Talonflame @ Sky Plate
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Explanation: Clefable and Talonflame make for an exellent status Spam Core as they not only lure there own checks to a paralysed or burnt Grave, They cover each others weakness's and here they Just Monster the Team. Clefable is able to Calm mind on 4 out of 6 members of this Team while Metagross and Gyarados get paralysed if they try to swtich in. Metagross then promptly loses to talon who is able to wisp switch ins such as Rotom or Garchomp while revenging a crippled gyarados. Finally Bisharp rounds out thee Core. The team has no dark Switch in and after all the status spam just trashs the team as well as luring Rotom with lum berry

Last edited:

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

So yeah Mega Alakazam is a massive threat to this team. The best checks are keeping stuff at full HP and Meta with Bullet Punch. So essentially the idea behind this core is to trap Metagross with Magnezone and put it in range of Shadow Ball. After that, get up rocks with another team member, accrue some damage on Chomp, Rotom, and a little chip damage on Gyarados before Alakazam just clicks attacks.

Last edited:
Sableye+ Zapdos

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 68 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

Sableye on it's own walls everything on the team at +1, only fearing Meteor Mash and Gyarados setting up, both of which are take care of by Zapdos.

Last edited:

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Focus Blast

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

So, basically, A +2 Thunderus can OHKO every single member of this team at +2 (albeit, some require rocks to have a better chance of being KOed) However, Thundy can be revenged by starmie. This is where Weavile comes in, trapping it and, hopefully, removing it. Then Thundy can get to +2 on rotom, or, in a pinch, gyarados, and proceed to go to town against this team. Now, I know that like orb would secure some KOs without rocks, but in practice I feel lefties are more useful to allow ease of setup and to not be knocked into range of Mgross's BP. You probably want hazard removal to use with this core, though.

Last edited:

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Creator of Chaos should have named this team "Blue Squad + Rotom" Much originality. So fun.

Reserving Volcarona + Mega Manectric

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz

Manectric @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power Ice

Quiver Dance Volcarona in general destroys this team, because if it gets a Quiver Dance up and SR is on the field, it straight up OHKOs two-thirds of this team with its excellent STAB combination and coverage with Giga Drain. Meanwhile, Mega Manectric needs only a bit of prior damage to OHKO Garchomp with Hidden Power Ice while Thunderbolt obviously OHKOs Gyarados.

Last edited:

Sobi

Banned deucer.

Weavile & Medicham
"'Cause I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar!"

"I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter"
Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
- Fake Out​

"Dancing through the fire"

Weavile @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard​
This is a fairly straightforward offensive core, that intends to put a lot of pressure on the opposing team through priority attacks, but also hard-hitting STAB moves. Let's talk about Medicham first. Medicham's insanely high Attack stat means it has the ability to take out every single mon in the team, provided there's no hax / burn / stat decrease. The set is standard - High Jump Kick 2HKO / OHKO's Megagross and Starmie, and OHKOs KyuB and Rotom-Wash. Ice Punch immediately takes out Garchomp. Weavile is there as a late-game cleaner, and should really be spamming Ice Shard, unless it's against Rotom-W and Gyarados, but Medicham can take care of that. Like Medicham, the set is fairly standard, and can really be tweaked to your demand. I went for Low Kick > Pursuit to get Kyurem-B, as Weavile's other moves won't do as much. The flaw with this core (..heh, rhymes..) is that specially defensive Pokemon are a bit of a problem, as well as set-up physically defensive Pokemon (I'm looking at you, Mega Slowbro! :<), so playing around those Pokemon is the best way to go. Like any offensive core, this one hates burns, so a status absorber pairs fantastically with this core! Some threats to this core are Garchomp (if it manages to survive, Stone Edge does a lot to Weavile), Thunder Wave from Rotom-W, Gyarados's Bounce, so you should try to handle these Pokemon or tweak the set to improve Medicham or Weavile's matchup against them.​
Calcs:

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Knock Off vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Liechi Berry Intimidate Gyarados: 235-278 (70.9 - 83.9%) 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Knock Off vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Metagrossite Metagross-Mega: 273-322 (90.6 - 106.9%) OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Kyurem-Black: 359-424 (91.8 - 108.4%) OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Knock Off vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Life Orb Starmie: 447-530 (171.2 - 203%) OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Knock Off vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Leftovers Rotom-Wash: 134-160 (44.2 - 52.8%) 3HKO / 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 240 HP / 176+ Def Garchomp: 546-645 (130.9 - 154.6%) OHKO

252+ Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Zen Headbutt vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Intimidate Gyarados: 289-342 (87.3 - 103.3%) 2HKO / OHKO
252+ Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Metagross-Mega: 271-321 (90 - 106.6%) OHKO
252+ Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Kyurem-Black: 864-1016 (220.9 - 259.8%) OHKO
252+ Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 222-261 (85 - 100%) 2HKO / OHKO
252+ Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-Wash: 267-315 (88.1 - 103.9%) 2HKO / OHKO
252+ Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Ice Punch vs. 240 HP / 176+ Def Garchomp: 476-564 (114.1 - 135.2%) OHKO

Creator of Chaos should have named this team "Blue Squad + Rotom" Much originality. So fun.

Reserving Volcarona + Mega Manectric

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz

Manectric @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power Ice

Quiver Dance Volcarona in general destroys this team, because if it gets a Quiver Dance up and SR is on the field, it straight up OHKOs two-thirds of this team with its excellent STAB combination and coverage with Giga Drain. Meanwhile, Mega Manectric needs only a bit of prior damage to OHKO Garchomp with Hidden Power Ice while Thunderbolt obviously OHKOs Gyarados.

Team name accepted

Wow, so many cores already. Team really has a lot of holes, huh?
I like the fact that the cores are either Elec + something or Dark + something lol.

So the idea of this core is to have Latios spam Draco Meteor which forces the team to sack mons to this monster. With Stealth Rocks up it OHKO's everything bar the M-Metagross. Since it is not pursuit gross, Latios can do heavy damage and then switch out. The other thing that can be troubling to Latias is Starmie which does 60-70 to it with Ice Beam. That's where Bisharp comes in. It heavily pressures M-Metagross and due to there being no dark resist on the team it can really just SD after Garchomp is gone to just win the game. If they predict Bisharp and Hydro Pump you, you will still be able to revenge kill it and trap it with Weavile. Main goal of this core is to get rid of M-Metagross so Specs Latios wins. Dark spam itself can have a field day. If Weavile gets an SD it kills everything, but is RK'd by Metagross's BP.

Latios @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Surf

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Weavile @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Swords Dance

Infernal

Banned deucer.
Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 152 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off

Serperior @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire
- Giga Drain

Mew can lead turn 1 and give this team a headache right from the start. Mew is faster than Chomp and able to stop Toxic and SR, all while threatening to burn it. Mew has no issues with Rotom-W, stopping any Thunder Wave attempts and wearing it down with burns and Knock Off. Mew stomachs Starmie's Hydro Pump well (37.9 - 44.9%) and threatens it with Knock Off. Mega Gross and Gyara, while faster, are completely crippled by burns. Mew can tank Kyurem-B's Ice Beam and Draco well (38.7 - 45.9% and 55.5 - 65.7%, respectively) and remove its item to take even less damage. With Soft-Boiled to heal any damage taken from these Pokemon, Mew becomes very annoying for this team to take down. The amount of work it's able to put in right from the get-go helps soften this team up for the following Pokemon: Serperior.

Once Mew softens the team up, Serp becomes extremely threatening. Everything is either hit super effectively or neutrally by its coverage. With three waters here, an offensive grass being threatening is to be expected though. Once in on something like Rotom-W, a member is likely dying. Nothing likes taking the combination of a Leaf Storm followed by the appropriate coverage move. With SR up, Mega Gross is the only thing able to switch in on Leaf Storm and tank the following attack. Some prior damage on a few Pokemon is all Serp needs to sweep completely, and Mew does a nice job of crippling and wearing things down before the snake comes in. Some calcs below:
+2 Leaf Storm vs. Gyarados - 106.9 - 125.9%
+2 Leaf Storm vs. Garchomp - 89.2 - 105%
+0 Leaf Storm vs. Rotom-W - 109.5 - 129.3%
+2 Dragon Pulse vs. Kyurem-B - 72.1 - 84.9%
+2 HP Fire vs. Mega Metagross - 56.4 - 66.4%
LO Starmie's Ice Beam vs. Serperior - 75.9 - 90.3%

Mega Metagross is the main Pokemon to wear down before sweeping. SR is all you need to turn a +2 Dragon Pulse into a 75% chance to kill Kyurem-B. Although better to avoid, Serperior can tank a Starmie's Ice Beam if necessary and use Giga Drain to kill back and recover any damage. This scenario is the reason I chose Miracle Seed over LO: to avoid being killed by Starmie after one round of recoil. Assuming Mew has removed Starmie's item and burned Mega Metagross, Serp can take their attacks with more ease.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)