EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 96 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled

The Core

Tyranus

Rock Tomb gives Tyranitar incredible versatility while multiplying its trapping potential. With a Jolly nature and one tomb, Tyranitar outspeeds every non-scarf Pokemon worth talking about. Pursuit gets rid of Psychic types like Lati@s, and Rock Tomb + Pursuit creates an inescapable trap for Starmie. Fire Punch is for Scizor and Ferrothorn while Ice Punch is for Landorus-T.

Barbara(aka Barbie)

Oh, Ferrothorn. Is there any team that you don't fit on? Of course not. This bad boy has saved my butt countless times, and is the most reliable Rotom-W check out there. Ferrothorn is specced for special defense to better check Lati@s, Rotom, and other threats like Garchomp that pack weak fire attacks for coverage. Ferrothorn covers Tyranitars water weakness and Slowbro's electric weakness. Leftovers and leech seed are used to stay healthy. Knock Off and Thunder Wave were chosen to disable enemies and facilitate sweeping.

Brobro

Assault Vest Slowbro is a monster. It can stop Keldeo, Garchomp and Talonflame all day long. He takes fire and fighting attacks aimed at Ferro and ice attacks aimed at Lando. 196+ SpA allows it to OHKO every common Stealth Rock setter in the tier. Fire blast kills any Ferrothorn variant that doesn't run max SpD. Scald is obligatory, and ice beam is there for Garchomp and Landorus-T. Psychic was chosen because it deals more damage to anything that I would use a psychic attack on (Keldeo, non-Mega Gyarados and incoming Rotom-W). Assault vest allows Slowbro to stay in on 'Mons like Raikou and kill or cripple them.

The Cleaners

Luke

Scarfed Landorus-T can come in on a huge number of physical threats, and then force them out and pivot. Rock Slide is used over Stone Edge because I've lost far more games from missing Stone Edge than I've won from its extra damage. The set is more or less standard, except some speed EV's were moved to defense.

Diamond Joe

Excadrill only comes out late in the game, and only for one of two purposes. The first is spinning away hazards, usually in the face of a defensive mon like Skarmory or Chansey. The second is sweeping with Sand Rush. Choice Band grants Exca tremendous power. If the opponent has no ground resists or priority users left, it can sweep with impunity. Earthquake cleanly 2HKO's Mega Sableye provide Exca isn't burned, making it a one-move stallbreaker.

<( '-' )>

Clefable was a nice defensive addition to my team, but I needed more immediate offense than the standard set provided. I toyed around with life orb tank sets and support tanks until I decided to combine the two. With 96 EVs in special attack and a modest nature, unboosted Clefable can OHKO a predicted Scizor, and Skarmory takes more damage than it can recover with roost. Heal bell saves my three physical attackers from burns and gives Brobro more survivability.

Threats

-Mega Sableye: It just refuses to die. I rarely get caught setting up hazards on magic bouncers, but my current hazard setters can't break it anyway. Only Excadrill can consistently break it. Burns from Brobro help somewhat.
-Gengar: Specifically, offensive variants. With rocks up, LO Gengar can punch holes in my team. All I can do is force it out repeatedly and wear it down with residual damage. Lando outspeeds and can kill with rock slide, but it can't come in on anything except focus blast.
-Stall: I don't mean any particular stall Pokemon, but stall teams in general. I always end up getting worn down and losing the Mons I need to break the enemy walls.
-Prediction: This team is like a stall team in the sense that it has no margin for error. Most of my losses come from mis-predicting and losing a vital team member.

Last edited:
Ha, great team! I remember playing it with (Idk if it was you or another who used it) and I notice it that a threat is missing from the list: Gengar. With the combination of Sludge Wave/Shadow Ball/Focus Blast/Taunt no Pokemon on this team can take their respective coverage move with more than 60% HP remaining, which makes Gengar+Rocks a combination that runs straight through this team, forcing the MegaTTar to constantly come in the put up the sand that can pressure Gengar due to Excadrill's speed. However bringing Exca in relies on successful prediction and is risky at best. I would consider adding Gengar to the threat list.

Hah, you're right. Gengar is a massive threat, and the only way reliable way I can beat it is with Exca in sand. Besides that, healthy Bro can survive its shadow ball and one shot, while Lando can kill weakened Gar with rock slide. I'll add it to the list.

I'm considering replacing Exca with Scizor. I need a set that can threaten with priority and kill Mons that resist it, but I also want to carry defog so I can keep my defensive Mons healthy. I also need it to deal with bulky Mons that throw out will o wisp all the time. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)