Casual Competetive(non-tournament)

First off I appologize if this was posted in the wrong section or if the information is not complete enough. Basically, my team is made for casual competetive play. To include the GBL Free section, wifi-battle subway and links with friends. I really have no intention to participate in tournaments. So whatever rules apply to the battle sub and gbl are pretty much what I use. It took me a while to put together a team that can get elite ranking consistently in the battle institute. However, I would like my team to max out the stars there. Keep in mind this team is for "single" battles. Thanks in advance!

Carracosta w/Wide Lens
Ability: Sturdy
EV's: 252 Speed, 252 Attack, and 4 HP
Nature: Jolly
1) Waterfall (thinking about changing it out for earthquake for more coverage)
2) Rock Slide
3) Aqua Jet
4) Shell Smash
NOtes: I use Sturdy to get in at least one normal attack and follow up with Aqua Jet or use the Sturdy to set up Shell Smash.

Lucario w/Focus Sash
Ability: Steadfast
EV's: 252 Speed, 252 Special Attack, and 4 HP
Nature: Timid
1) Aura Sphere
2) Shadow Ball
3) Vacuum Wave
4) Nasty Plot
NOtes: I use the Focus Sash simialar to Carracosta's Sturdy to get in at least one normal attack and follow up with Vacuum Wave or to set up Nasty Plot.

Haxorus w/Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EV's: 252 Speed, 252 Attack, and 4 HP
Nature: Adamant
1) Outrage
2) Dragon Claw
3) Earthquake
4) Dragon Dance
NOtes: Primarily to take out opponents with Sturdy or Levitate and to revenge kill.

Xatu w/Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EV's: 252 Defense, 100 Special Attack, 100 Special Defense, and the remaining 58 to HP
Nature: Bold
1) Hidden Power(Electric)
2) Stored Power
3) Calm Mind
4) Roost
NOtes: Only used if I see them sporting pokemon like Skarmory and Blissey. To reflect back any statuses and set up enough Calm Mind's to sweep with. If they are immune to psychic type attacks I use Hidden Power.

Breloom w/Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EV's: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, and 4 HP
Nature: Jolly
1) Drain Punch
2) Leech Seed
3) Spore
4) Substitute
NOtes: Only used if I see them several pokemon that Breloom outspeeds. Spore to keep them asleep and set up Substitute and Leech Seed, and Drain punch to help finish them off.

Skarmory w/Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EV's: 252 Defense, 252 Special Defense, and 4 HP
Nature: Adamant
1) Brave Bird
2) Stealth Rock
3) Whirlwind
4) Roost
Notes: Honestly, I don't know why I keep it in the team. I never use it, but I can't think of a better one to put in.

Additional Notes: I almost always use Carracosta, Lucario, and Haxorus. They have proven themselves capable to me again and again. However, like I stated earlier they are not quite good enough. Should I alter them with some different moves? Should I just swap them out for different pokemon? Any other advice would be welcomed, and thanks again for your time.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Descriptions could probably stand to be a little longer. Also, Xatu's EVs are inefficient - cutting down the defenses and putting 252 in HP will give you more bulk on both sides.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)