Cool Weapon Mafia Game Thread

Day 1:
  • There's philisophically two ways to win as mafia. Either you win by not getting lynched, or you win by lynching enough of the town. It was immediately obvious that the first option would likely not be available to us this game, so we had to powerwolf
  • We didn't really know what was going on with the roles day 1, except to identify that SB's role was incredibly problematic as the scum weapons were all quite strong in town possession
  • OJ dropping the key to me completely changed the game and I think that key was like 75% of the reason scum power was so high
  • We got very lucky that SB had a change of heart last minute and allowed the Psy lynch. Psy being alive is a whole different game. However, I figured that I had enough town defenders (eli, schia) that I could burn some goodwill on pushing this wagon. Aura dropped the weapon to me
Night 1:
  • Realiti kill was obvious. We redirected the time dagger to laurel because I figured that laurel was going to die and I wanted a second use of his investigate. Also daykills reset votecounts so we were going to have laurel last minute factional kill and then also control the town lynch. We got lucky that caff's starting weapon (which we didn't know at this time) didn't do anything too damaging to us
  • We got aegis from candelia because that was the only reasonable target I thought I could rob. People didn't realize, and OJ didn't realize, that you couldn't actually steal using his Kingdom Key. It moves an item from person A to person B. But neither of these people can be yourself. So I can't actually move candelia's item to my possession, I had to move it to Shadowpea's. This becomes very thorny later on.
Day 2:
  • Laurel did not control the town lynch which was a big problem because it spews tbz town. At this point it's two scum dead in two days so it's really not great that so many people fell short of the candelia line. Around here I told shadowpea to just straight up post less which I think probably helped
  • This is where town really lost the game when i ended up getting all of town's weapons with eli's help and coordinated all the actions.
    • We gave callador (vig) to schia because laurel was supposed to survive the day, so we wanted someone else to hold the vig when it got redirected
    • I needed blades of chaos so that all our actions would be unstoppable
    • Caff showed me excalibur and I knew that was going to be our lategame ace-in-the-hole so I had to avoid letting caff get anything else, since my steal would hit the most recently received item
    • samehada and crazy slots were both completely useless so i gave them to eli
    • I "showed" eli aegis, which really meant that shadowpea dropped it, then eli picked it up. Then when eli dropped it, I picked it up, so we were able to transfer items to me that way.
Night 2:
  • Laurel not controlling the lynch was a problem. We redirected schia to tbz anyway because tbz was now a major fucking problem, and we found out through daycop that vizh was a roleblocker so we were going to claim a vizh/laurel team and that schia got roleblocked, this loses the redirect which sucks because we would have just sent caff onto us again but whatever
  • We moved LS item to shadowpea to continue stealing shit and also because LS' item was the last one that we didn't know at that point in time
Day 3:
  • When we got the master sword I pieced together that we would get 3 nightkills and 2 daykills and use excalibur to win the game. 3 nightkills -> callandor, master sword copy of callandor, factional kill. 2 daykills -> caff time daggers us, then callandor + factional kill. Following that, we can control the day lynch with caff's weapon excalibur (which was a 3 shot mayor) and win the game. That's what happened, but execution was tricky
  • First we were straight up going to lose the game when SB asked if they should just use the item drop on shadowpea. Because we had to move the master sword to shadowpea, an item drop would have dropped the fucking master sword which would have been incredibly hard to explain why that got there. So I panicked and told SB I had a bullshit idea and spam pinged shadowpea to come online, claim they idled two nights, and then drop the item of his own free will so SB wouldn't use their ability
  • Then we absolutely needed schia to drop me callandor and I got nervous a few times that wasn't going to happen or that schia was going to push back. Thankfully not
  • Then I realized that we originally planned to redirect caff to me to get the daykills, but I forgot that the redirect was disabled because of LS' copy of samehada. Thankfully I just told caff to do it and he seemed solid so I risked the game on caff sheeping me
  • And then at the end of the day I fucked up and accidentally gave caff lightsaber, but i forgot that now if i steal caff's weapon that i would get the goddamn lightsaber instead of the 3-shot mayor which we 100% needed. Thankfully caff just gave it back

Fun game, mechanic ended up being OK, felt a lot like an OC game where I got the full sheet day 2 and controlled town actions

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
Day 1:
  • There's philisophically two ways to win as mafia. Either you win by not getting lynched, or you win by lynching enough of the town. It was immediately obvious that the first option would likely not be available to us this game, so we had to powerwolf
  • We didn't really know what was going on with the roles day 1, except to identify that SB's role was incredibly problematic as the scum weapons were all quite strong in town possession
  • OJ dropping the key to me completely changed the game and I think that key was like 75% of the reason scum power was so high
  • We got very lucky that SB had a change of heart last minute and allowed the Psy lynch. Psy being alive is a whole different game. However, I figured that I had enough town defenders (eli, schia) that I could burn some goodwill on pushing this wagon. Aura dropped the weapon to me
Night 1:
  • Realiti kill was obvious. We redirected the time dagger to laurel because I figured that laurel was going to die and I wanted a second use of his investigate. Also daykills reset votecounts so we were going to have laurel last minute factional kill and then also control the town lynch. We got lucky that caff's starting weapon (which we didn't know at this time) didn't do anything too damaging to us
  • We got aegis from candelia because that was the only reasonable target I thought I could rob. People didn't realize, and OJ didn't realize, that you couldn't actually steal using his Kingdom Key. It moves an item from person A to person B. But neither of these people can be yourself. So I can't actually move candelia's item to my possession, I had to move it to Shadowpea's. This becomes very thorny later on.
Day 2:
  • Laurel did not control the town lynch which was a big problem because it spews tbz town. At this point it's two scum dead in two days so it's really not great that so many people fell short of the candelia line. Around here I told shadowpea to just straight up post less which I think probably helped
  • This is where town really lost the game when i ended up getting all of town's weapons with eli's help and coordinated all the actions.
    • We gave callador (vig) to schia because laurel was supposed to survive the day, so we wanted someone else to hold the vig when it got redirected
    • I needed blades of chaos so that all our actions would be unstoppable
    • Caff showed me excalibur and I knew that was going to be our lategame ace-in-the-hole so I had to avoid letting caff get anything else, since my steal would hit the most recently received item
    • samehada and crazy slots were both completely useless so i gave them to eli
    • I "showed" eli aegis, which really meant that shadowpea dropped it, then eli picked it up. Then when eli dropped it, I picked it up, so we were able to transfer items to me that way.
Night 2:
  • Laurel not controlling the lynch was a problem. We redirected schia to tbz anyway because tbz was now a major fucking problem, and we found out through daycop that vizh was a roleblocker so we were going to claim a vizh/laurel team and that schia got roleblocked, this loses the redirect which sucks because we would have just sent caff onto us again but whatever
  • We moved LS item to shadowpea to continue stealing shit and also because LS' item was the last one that we didn't know at that point in time
Day 3:
  • When we got the master sword I pieced together that we would get 3 nightkills and 2 daykills and use excalibur to win the game. 3 nightkills -> callandor, master sword copy of callandor, factional kill. 2 daykills -> caff time daggers us, then callandor + factional kill. Following that, we can control the day lynch with caff's weapon excalibur (which was a 3 shot mayor) and win the game. That's what happened, but execution was tricky
  • First we were straight up going to lose the game when SB asked if they should just use the item drop on shadowpea. Because we had to move the master sword to shadowpea, an item drop would have dropped the fucking master sword which would have been incredibly hard to explain why that got there. So I panicked and told SB I had a bullshit idea and spam pinged shadowpea to come online, claim they idled two nights, and then drop the item of his own free will so SB wouldn't use their ability
  • Then we absolutely needed schia to drop me callandor and I got nervous a few times that wasn't going to happen or that schia was going to push back. Thankfully not
  • Then I realized that we originally planned to redirect caff to me to get the daykills, but I forgot that the redirect was disabled because of LS' copy of samehada. Thankfully I just told caff to do it and he seemed solid so I risked the game on caff sheeping me
  • And then at the end of the day I fucked up and accidentally gave caff lightsaber, but i forgot that now if i steal caff's weapon that i would get the goddamn lightsaber instead of the 3-shot mayor which we 100% needed. Thankfully caff just gave it back

Fun game, mechanic ended up being OK, felt a lot like an OC game where I got the full sheet day 2 and controlled town actions
did not read.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
I'm presenting a world that ties in with the information we currently have. You've presented us with three bits of information as a counterargument to clear yourself of this world:
1. Hints towards Callandor's ability
2. Eli's PR
3. Shadowpea's ability

There are methods in which you could gain this information and the world where you're scum is still open.

First of all I want to clarify some things.

In this post you talk about "the scum role with the kill at night sword". I don't think this is a good interpretation of the faction kill. Everything I'm presenting assumes that scum get their role and decide who performs the faction kill each night. I'm proposing that you used it Day 2 and as a result scum weren't able to use it on Night 2. I've asked Tommy several questions about interactions with the time knife and the faction kill and I've been told this is what would happen.

Now we move onto the three bits of info.

1. Callandor

This is the only hint towards Callandor's ability you give before Schia claims what it does.

While technically you could just be copying Schia's claim to fake your PR, we know your PR is genuine so it's safe to assume that on Day 1 you chose to copy Callandor and on Night 1 you didn't spend it. So Callandor is explained most likely by you using your ability to copy sheathed items.

2. Samehada

This is the only instance of you mentioning Samehada by name before Nuxl's flip. This certainly implies you didn't know what it did at the time. You now claim to have copied Samehada Day 2 and that's why you know what it does, but the issue is that we all know what it does, Eli got flipped. The world in which you genuinely were time knifed still holds since you can just read Nuxl's flip to learn what Samehada does. Before you refute anything here, I'll move onto

3. Whatever it is that Shadowpea has
No quotes needed for this one, this is just logic. You claim Shadowpea's ability is a redirect which is awful convenient for you, since you claim to not have been time knifed during cycle 2. Regardless, we cannot verify this and you knowing Shadowpea's role doesn't clear you either since in the world you were time knifed, you could've learned from Laurel in the scumchat what Shadowpea's ability does due to Laurel's rolecop, or depending on how my role interracts with yours, you could've picked up Shadowpea's item on Night 2.

Conclusion
You still have a redcheck on you, you're in the PoE, you're the optimal execution.
did not read.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)