OM Core Laddering Challenge [Challenge #13 @ post #497; deadline Feb. 24]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ren

fuck it if i cant have him
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hit Bronze in Mix and Mega and I was going to go 12-0 but then I met this dude who used Genesect, Hoopa-U, Mantine, Regigigas, Kyurem-Black and Primal Groudon. And I lost to a Scald burn.

Also fuck it I'm dropping 1v1 after going on what's probably the largest tilting streak I've ever been on Never mind it's too addictive

Pigeons

pidge pidge
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Bronze for AG. This core has been a bit trickier than the last one in terms of building but I'm still enjoying it a lot.

Some future core ideas:

+

Salamence is able to set up easily on most of Primal Kyogre's switchins while Kyogre threatens many common Salamence checks. Neither of these Pokemon seem to be getting a ton of use so it'd be cool to see what people come up with.

+

Similar idea to the above core, a lot of the Pokemon that can check Mewtwo are setup fodder for Xerneas, and the two form a very strong wallbreaking core. Mewtwo hasn't seen a ton of use this generation so seeing it get some more attention would be great.

EDIT:

Just hit Silver, I'm probably going to scrap the team I'm using because it has way too many weaknesses.

Last edited:
Post your team to be featured in Hall of Fame.
I used two, dunno if I should post two or smt but anyway.

First one I use was this one:

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Leech Life
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Roost

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Clear Smog

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Victini @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Blue Flare
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- V-create

Doublade @ Eviolite
EVs: 240 HP / 180 Atk / 88 Def
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic
Started with Sheer Force Victini since most people ran Magearna as their answer to Special Psychic types, I also expected the ladder to be prepared for Victini and a Sheer force set would help take care of some Flash Fire mons like Ferrothorn or Bisharp. I ran my own Flash Fire Bisharp as Victini check since I can hopefully switch on a choiced locked fire type move and pursuit trap it, Bisharp also pairs well with Victini since it can pursuit trap some of the mons that would give it trouble. Since I already had Flash Fire Bisharp I added Buzzwole to take any Physical hit that wasn't fire type. Doublade was my Dragonite answer and just a generally cool Physical wall (thought I do think there could be better fits for this team). Alolan Muk can just deal with all the Psychic spam on the ladder and check special setup like xurk and finally Zapdos was added to also help deal with set-up, mainly Suicune, Tapu Fini, Manaphy and stuff like that. It also conveniently serves as the team's hazard control.

This team has no water resist and was probably weak to stall so I made another one:

Victini @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Searing Shot

Keldeo-Resolute @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Taunt

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Taunt
- Haze

Zygarde @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Core Enforcer
- Protect
- Haze
Victini kinda stands out as a regenvest pokemon due to his unique fire typing, giving him some pretty decent resists to Steel, Fire or Grass, and the fact that it can still dish out heavy damage. I ran it as an answer to Psychic spam since it can easily take Shadow Balls. Poison Heal Keldeo is the obligatory Knock Off (Bisharp) switchin, a water resist and an amazing stallbreaker. Bisharp just dishes out a ton of damage and helps me keep faster threats like Xurkitree in check while also helping Victini in his role (since it can come in safely after a slow u-turn and threaten faster mons with a sucker punch or occasionally pursuit trap a -2 latios. Skarmory serves as a good check to set-up speed boost mons that typically carry EdgeQuake, but also to a lot of common threats such as Dragonite or Aerilate Landorus, while providing the team with needed hazard control. Tapu Fini pairs well with it since it can resist fighting, water and fire type moves while also keeping various fat set-up like Suicune in check. Zygarde is the much needed Electric resist and helps victini when too many special attackers might overpower it. The set is kinda weird and was sorta here to try and permanently deal with faster PH like Suicune or Manaphy with trapping + core enforcer... that only happened once where I removed jrdn's similar stallbreaker keldeo set which was pretty good, but it often pulled through regardless and thousand waves is such a good move that comes in useful more often than you'd imagine (for example this zyggy can beat regenvest Magearna) so I kept the set anyway. This team is pretty good but is literally 6-0d by offensive Tapu fini with CM / Taunt / Moonblast / Scald and significant speed investment, but there's not really any good way to fix that without major changes to the team so... eh. I still like it.

That last one is the one I had the best battle with and beat some good players like aesf, jrdn and maybe lax (I actually don't remember if I won but I remember a good battle). So if you can only keep one team, keep this one.
It also doesn't have fluffy.

in as CLC Xreme for Mix and Mega

not even trying to win i just think this sounds fun (tm) and just registering in case i actually get somewhere

lotiasite

undedgy
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
wow durza great bewear set
also got silver in 1v1
upload_2017-1-10_9-17-59.png

smh i have used bewear im using a normalium z giga impact one ive used it like 5 times max

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)