Resource Creative and Underrated Sets: ORAS Edition (NO SHITTY GIMMICKS, Read Post #419)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main reason to use a Lo set on Clefable is because with Magic Guard, it won't take any LO damage. Clefable is (and in general was in earlier generations) a Pokemon who in theory, it's too unpreedictable.

This is one of the underrated sets ever seen. First of all, the set is great because even though losing Knock offor Superpower sounds like a big deal, the STAB combination of Azumarill is actually only resisted by:
-Volcanion (Unreleased), Tentacruel (B+), Qwilfish (E), Empoleon (B-), Venusaur (E), Mega Venusaur (A-), Vileplume (E), Victreebel (E), Roserade (E), Amoonguss (B+), Ferrothorn (A), Dragalge (C+) and Palkia (Uber).

With Power-Up Punch added to the set you have a way to boost it's attack while having a way to fight (not great, but workable) against Ferrothorn. It's recomended that you add a Psychic to your team that covers the rest of resists.

I said this:
IT'S COMPLETELY UNVIABLE. Reason:

From Showdown Dex:
Metal Burst
Type: Steel Category: Physical.
Base Power: (-) Accuracy 100% PP 10/16.

Deals damage to the last foe to hit the user with an attack this turn equal to 1.5 times the HP lost by the user from that attack. If the user did not lose HP from the attack, this move deals damage with a Base Power of 1 instead. If that foe's position is no longer in use, the damage is done to a random foe in range. Only the last hit of a multi-hit attack is counted. Fails if the user was not hit by a foe's attack this turn.

(And, unless it has changed, Metla Burst only works on faster Pokemon, who is counterproductive with Thunder Wave).

If you want to use Bisharp as a SR setter.
Bisharp @ Focus Sash or Life Orb.
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature.
-Stealth Rock/Taunt
-Knock Off
-Iron Head
-Sucker Punch
If you're using bisharp as a sr setter why the hell do you have it slashed with taunt?

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Eh that set isn't actually mine, I saw someone voiced use it in the OU room with the same set and it looked cool, but yeah I guess taunt>metal burst sounds better, I kept thinking metal burst was just like countercoat... >.<

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Earthquake / Hidden Power Fire
- Memento

Didn't see this anywhere so I'll post it. Pretty straight forward, this Latios functions like any other Latios except it can use Memento to help a teammate find an opportunity to setup for a sweep. Although I feel Memento finds a better fit on offensive teams it can also fit on Defog Latios as well, although you have to give up your HP Fire / Earthquake / Thunderbolt / Roost slot.

Talonflame @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe (or 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe) as long as HP is even
Jolly Nature/Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird/Swords Dance
- Roost/Swords Dance

Everyone who uses Talonflame knows how bad Stealth Rocks are for it. This set takes advantage of the 50% HP damage, using Sitrus Berry to restore some HP and allow it to spam a decent flying move without recoil (which makes it easier for Talonflame to clean up). Even though it only works once, Talonflame can only normally switch into rocks once, so nothing is really lost. Health is even to make sure Stealth Rock triggers the Sitrus Berry.

Also I'm relatively new to competitive pokemon, so if this is a gimmick sorry :(

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis/Leech Seed

Lovely M-Venusaur set.Takes advantage of Lati switch ins with Knock Off and OHKOs Heatran after Rocks.It's very good for smacking switch ins.EVs in Atk ensure a guaranteed OHKO on Heatran after Stealth Rocks while 2HKOs on Lati@s is just a plus.
Other EVs are to maximise bulk,Leech Seed can be used instead of Synthesis although Synthesis is preferred

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This is actually a pretty gimmick set... first before presenting i just want to introduce you WHY using a motherfuck*ng salac berry because this set looks like all the shitty gimmicks of verlisify (yeah his sets are just incredibly bad).

~Introduction~

So... First of all i don't like when a pokemon which i like is like...outclassed by an otherone...like Flygon outclassed by Garchomp or in this case Thundurus-T outclassed by Thundurus because why the fuck not...so... i was like "hey let's play the old agility modest LO attacker"

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 156 Def / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

The Evs in speed are the evs needed to have 1 point higher in speed than the speed of a max speed scarf latios/gengar after one agility.

But this set is way too ez to block... SpeDefSylveon,MegaVenusaur,Chansey...
So hey let's play the Nasty PLot!

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers / Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

But this set is even more ez to revenge kill than the agility is to block... lati@s/gengar/terrakium/keldeo/menectric/thundurus/etcetera

So the best solution could be the double dance?

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers / Life Orb
EVs: 156 Def / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Agility
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The Evs in speed are the evs needed to have 1 point higher in speed than the speed of a max speed scarf latios/gengar after one agility.

But to be honest... i HATE every double dance set... like "hey when you have done 1 rock polish and 1 sword dance with your Landorus/Groudon it's just like 2 dragon dance m8!" but it waste 1 move... a recover one or an offensive one for coverage... and sometime with Landorus/Groudon it's way better to have +1 in speed and attack than +2 in attack... that's why i hate double dance and i know that i'm not alone and lots of people do not like this concept too...

So the perfect solution was Nasty Plot + Something that raise the speed and so here comes my set!

~Explainations~

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Salac Berry
Timid Nature
- Substitute / Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Subsitute:

is there mainly for have more chance to activate the Salac Berry and Secondarily for be protected of eventual Revenge Killer and status effects.It's a nice choic eon Thundurus Especially because he haves 5 resistances (Bug/Fight/Flying/Grass/Steel) and 2 immunity (Ground/Electric[exept for MoldBreaker MegaAmpharos and TreaVolt Kyurem-B]).He also make switch most of the time pokemons like Charizard-Y,Landorus-I,Defensive Landorus-T, Etcetera...Also Locked Landorus-T(EQ)/Magnezone(ThunderBolt/VoltSwitch),Rotom(same)/Raikou(same)
Parteners For this startegy:

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold / Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock / Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog
- Whirlwind

Skarmory is a simple and very nice start for a defensive core which can help Thundurus-T to have good occasion to set up him self Especially with the ShedShell Skarmory for bluff ChoiceMagnezone,The fact that the only move that is able to hurt hard Thundurus is FlashCannon (Yes FlashCannon will hurt harder than HPFire) and Using FlashCannon on skarmory is stupid make this combo very nice.Also skarmory will pull lots of electic moves.

Napoleon (Empoleon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Roost Roar

Empoleon is also a nice option because he complete perfectly Thundurus-T

Thundurus-T's Weaknesses: Ice/Rock
Empoleon's Resistances/Immunities: Ice/Steel/Rock/Bug/Dragon/Fairy/Flying/Normal/Psychic/Water/Poison

Empoleon's Weaknesses: Electric/Ground/Fight
Thundurus-T's Resistances/Immunities: Bug/Fight/Flying/Grass/Steel/Electric/Ground

Just the fact that Thundurus-T is immune to the 2 main weaknesses of Empoleon makes it a good partener.
Also NaEmpoleon is able to defog the rocks which Thundurus-T fears.

Focus Blast is also good for coverage and some pokemon like Heatran and TTar but most of the time after one NastyPlot Thundurus-T don't need this extra coverage.

NastyPLot:

Gives Thundurus a Great offensive power and make him able to crush some SpeDef walls.
DamageCalculator said:
Sylveon:
+2 252 SpA Thundurus-T Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 36 SpD Sylveon: 246-291 (62.4 - 73.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Thundurus-T Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sylveon: 190-225 (48.2 - 57.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Heatran:
+2 252 SpA Thundurus-T Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 192+ SpD Heatran: 231-273 (60 - 70.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

TTar:
+2 252 SpA Thundurus-T Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 211-249 (52.3 - 61.7%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Zapdos:
+2 252 SpA Thundurus-T Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Zapdos: 246-289 (64 - 75.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Thunderbolt:

Main STAB,Touch most of the Metagame.

HPice:

Goes perfectly With thunderbot for the Bolt/Beam Combo.hey

~Replay~

So for the moment i have only 1 replay because it's the suspect test and i don't want to loose all my COIL because it's important for the vote.I Have accidently start a match with the team i had made around Thundurus-T i was stressed to loose this match but Thundruus-T have just destroyed him Enjoy!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-211998447

PS: i hope i haven't do any fault because i'm only learning English so... i hope you have understood me.

Last edited:
Now, this set has kind of been suggested before, but, er....it wasn't really done properly. Ladies and gents, I present to you the based lord SPECS WHIMSICOTT!

+
=

(okay well maybe not that destructive but purdy decent)

"Pfft. What a waste. Garbage-ass 'mon and lol why are you making it offensive" Just gimme a minute. To begin, let's look at our lil' puffball's stats.
Okay, so let's start with bulk. 60 HP, 85 Def, 75 SpDef. Not too shabby, lets whimsicott take a couple of resisted / weak neutral hits, but nothing to write home about. Ditto for that meager 77 base special attack. Sounds like a lot of
to make over a little fairy type, right? WRONG. Because, if you take a gander at whimsicott's stats, the speed is where things pick up. How does base 116 speed sound in a meta where 110 is the benchmark and 115 is above average? Pretty flippin' solid. With a timid nature and max investment, you're gonna be zipping past and OHKOing heavy OU hitters like latios, mega gallade, unboosted mega sableye, unboosted mega altaria, garchomp, heracross, starmie....you folks get the picture yet? Good.

"You're full of shit whimsicott sux reported flagged for gimmick"
My dear friend Mr. Dr. Professor Damage Calculator strongly disagrees.

252 SpA Choice Specs Whimsicott Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latios: 302-356 (101 - 119%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Whimsicott Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Gallade: 290-344 (104.6 - 124.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Whimsicott Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Sableye: 290-344 (95.3 - 113.1%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
(Oh, boo hoo, it's at +1 spdef, wish I had slow-ass specs sylveon that literally gets outpaced by mega blastoise [a damn turtle]
NOPE
252 SpA Choice Specs Whimsicott Moonblast vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Sableye: 194-230 (63.8 - 75.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
CAN HE DO +2?!?
252 SpA Choice Specs Whimsicott Moonblast vs. +2 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Sableye: 146-174 (48 - 57.2%) -- 88.7% chance to 2HKO
Er...almost. Kind of. Possibly. Not bad, what with that sexy speed tier and all. Back to nukin' shit.)

252 SpA Choice Specs Whimsicott Moonblast vs. 64 HP / 0 SpD Mega Altaria: 314-372 (102.2 - 121.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Whimsicott Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 374-444 (104.7 - 124.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Whimsicott Giga Drain vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Starmie: 296-350 (112.9 - 133.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Whimsicott Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Heracross: 488-576 (134 - 158.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Whimsicott Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Keldeo: 356-422 (110.2 - 130.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
And remember, this is while outspeeding all that stuff. Pretty darn nifty.
"Oh, but surely q-tip can't break through mega venu like eevelution #8,734 can, right?"
YOU BET YOUR DOUBTING ASS IT CAN
Maybe you didn't notice that second to last calc. I kinda slipped it in there, unassuming lil guy, but he's important. Y'know why? He tells you that whimsicott gets hurricane. Oh my.
"Meh, rampardos can OHKO or 2HKO a bunch of OU stuff too, that doesn't mean it's good"
You just....you just don't like me, do you, random stranger? Fine. Sheesh. I'll be honest; whimsicott cannot outspeed mega lopunny, mega sceptile, or some scarfed stuff, and it can only 2HKO some fat stuff like latias, rotom-w, and non SpDef Ttar. But that's where the typing comes in. Grass / fairy means you resist or are immune to, oh, let's see, nothing important, just earthquake, scald, knock off, mach punch, volt switch, hydro pump, secret sword, draco meteor, crunch, outrage....yeah, poison crushes cott instantly, but that's a pretty nice line up of moves to resist, isn't it? And that aforementioned bulk lets it eat an ice punch / return from lop and OHKO with moonblast. Oh, but y'know what? Whimsicott just can't muscle past chansey. :( Aw. Too bad. Scrap this analysis.
OR NOT

'CAUSE I'M ABOUT TO BLOW YER MIIIIIND

Oh yes. Yes indeed. Whimsicott gets switcheroo via breeding; a choice specs user's dream.

So, here's the set I use.
252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SpDef
Timid @ Choice Specs
Moonblast
Giga Drain / Energy Ball
Hurricane / Shadow Ball / HP fire (but hurricane's cooler)
Switcheroo

If you really want to, you can even run u-turn or a hidden power. I won't stop you.
This is all on top of every other OU player seeing whimsicott and thinking "Oh, great, substitute encore leech seed prankster bullshit" while you utterly demolish them before they can ask "is that fucking specs WHIMSICOTT," in sheer disbelief. Give it a whimsiSHOT. :D (I should be whimsishot for that)

So, er...that was my first proper....I guess you could call it an analysis. I hope I did okay. Feedback's appreciated.

Last edited:
Now, this set has kind of been suggested before, but, er....it wasn't really done properly. Ladies and gents, I present to you the based lord SPECS WHIMSICOTT!

+
=

(okay well maybe not that destructive but purdy decent)

"Pfft. What a waste. Garbage-ass 'mon and lol why are you making it offensive" Just gimme a minute. To begin, let's look at our lil' puffball's stats.
Okay, so let's start with bulk. 60 HP, 85 Def, 75 SpDef. Not too shabby, lets whimsicott take a couple of resisted / weak neutral hits, but nothing to write home about. Ditto for that meager 77 base special attack. Sounds like a lot of
to make over a little fairy type, right? WRONG. Because, if you take a gander at whimsicott's stats, the speed is where things pick up. How does base 116 speed sound in a meta where 110 is the benchmark and 115 is above average? Pretty flippin' solid. With a timid nature and max investment, you're gonna be zipping past and OHKOing heavy OU hitters like latios, mega gallade, unboosted mega sableye, unboosted mega altaria, garchomp, heracross, starmie....you folks get the picture yet? Good.

My dear friend Mr. Dr. Professor Damage Calculator strongly disagrees.

252 SpA Choice Specs Whimsicott Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latios: 302-356 (101 - 119%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Whimsicott Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Gallade: 290-344 (104.6 - 124.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Whimsicott Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Sableye: 290-344 (95.3 - 113.1%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
(Oh, boo hoo, it's at +1 spdef, wish I had slow-ass specs sylveon that literally gets outpaced by mega blastoise [a damn turtle]
NOPE
252 SpA Choice Specs Whimsicott Moonblast vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Sableye: 194-230 (63.8 - 75.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
CAN HE DO +2?!?
252 SpA Choice Specs Whimsicott Moonblast vs. +2 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Sableye: 146-174 (48 - 57.2%) -- 88.7% chance to 2HKO
Er...almost. Kind of. Possibly. Not bad, what with that sexy speed tier and all. Back to nukin' shit.)

252 SpA Choice Specs Whimsicott Moonblast vs. 64 HP / 0 SpD Mega Altaria: 314-372 (102.2 - 121.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Whimsicott Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 374-444 (104.7 - 124.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Whimsicott Giga Drain vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Starmie: 296-350 (112.9 - 133.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Whimsicott Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Heracross: 488-576 (134 - 158.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Whimsicott Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Keldeo: 356-422 (110.2 - 130.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
And remember, this is while outspeeding all that stuff. Pretty darn nifty.
"Oh, but surely q-tip can't break through mega venu like eevelution #8,734 can, right?"
YOU BET YOUR DOUBTING ASS IT CAN
Maybe you didn't notice that second to last calc. I kinda slipped it in there, unassuming lil guy, but he's important. Y'know why? He tells you that whimsicott gets hurricane. Oh my.
"Meh, rampardos can OHKO or 2HKO a bunch of OU stuff too, that doesn't mean it's good"
You just....you just don't like me, do you, random stranger? Fine. Sheesh. I'll be honest; whimsicott cannot outspeed mega lopunny, mega sceptile, or some scarfed stuff, and it can only 2HKO some fat stuff like latias, rotom-w, and non SpDef Ttar. But that's where the typing comes in. Grass / fairy means you resist or are immune to, oh, let's see, nothing important, just earthquake, scald, knock off, mach punch, volt switch, hydro pump, secret sword, draco meteor, crunch, outrage....yeah, poison crushes cott instantly, but that's a pretty nice line up of moves to resist, isn't it? And that aforementioned bulk lets it eat an ice punch / return from lop and OHKO with moonblast. Oh, but y'know what? Whimsicott just can't muscle past chansey. :( Aw. Too bad. Scrap this analysis.
OR NOT

'CAUSE I'M ABOUT TO BLOW YER MIIIIIND

Oh yes. Yes indeed. Whimsicott gets switcheroo via breeding; a choice specs user's dream.

So, here's the set I use.
252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SpDef
Timid @ Choice Specs
Moonblast
Giga Drain / Energy Ball
Hurricane / Shadow Ball (but hurricane's better)
Switcheroo

If you really want to, you can even run u-turn or a hidden power. I won't stop you.
This is all on top of every other OU player seeing whimsicott and thinking "Oh, great, substitute encore leech seed prankster bullshit" while you utterly demolish them before they can ask "is that fucking specs WHIMSICOTT," in sheer disbelief. Give it a whimsiSHOT. :D (I should be whimsishot for that)

So, er...that was my first proper....I guess you could call it an analysis. I hope I did okay. Feedback's appreciated.

nah its just a shit set on a relatively gimmicky mon. your calcs honestly dont mean much because you can slap anything with a "decent" attack stat with the respective choice item and still yield the same results. your current whim set is can't even touch steels which is terrible since steels are omnipresent on p much every single team and it doesnt even have a single niche in the metagame ( i mean even specs noivern does a better job at speed+access to switcheroo and yet having 2 very strong STABs to use) Also not investing in bulk means that you make whim so much frailer and hence it is unable to avoid even 2hkoes from strong resisted attacks such as specs keldeo's hpump. simply put, you are massively overselling whimsicott's pros as a specs user and yet not acknowledging its cons in your post. dont use this, use serp as an offensive grass instead.

Latias (F) @ Latiasite
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Whirlpool
- Roost
- Reflect Type
- Dragon Pulse

This seems like a weird set at first glance, but it is a very effective one! This Mega Latias set should be used as a glue on stall teams because of its ability to beat common problematic pokemon for stall such as Landorus-I. Whirlpool allows Latias to lure and trap more problematic stuff such as Crawdaunt and Heatran, and reflect type copies their typing and fucks them over as they are now trapped and they can't beat Latias while their health slowly dwindles due to Whirlpool's residual damage. Roost is for recovering and DPulse is for killing your target faster :] Really fun mon to use and is extremely rewarding when it works according to plan and takes out usually the opponent's only way of beating or denting stall. Latias should be paired with a Toxic Spikes user so that non steels/poisons have their health chipped even faster, and lets Latias deal with even more common stallbreakers such as SubCM Keldeo with no fear. I guess Latias differenciates itself from mega sableye/altaria because it lets you deal with a lot more common stallbreakers bar MGardevoir (but eh you can just run a jirachi and solve that problem). v cool mon to use, try this out :]

nah its just a shit set on a relatively gimmicky mon. your calcs honestly dont mean much because you can slap anything with a "decent" attack stat with the respective choice item and still yield the same results. your current whim set is can't even touch steels which is terrible since steels are omnipresent on p much every single team and it doesnt even have a single niche in the metagame ( i mean even specs noivern does a better job at speed+access to switcheroo and yet having 2 very strong STABs to use) Also not investing in bulk means that you make whim so much frailer and hence it is unable to avoid even 2hkoes from strong resisted attacks such as specs keldeo's hpump. simply put, you are massively overselling whimsicott's pros as a specs user and yet not acknowledging its cons in your post. dont use this, use serp as an offensive grass instead.

Latias (F) @ Latiasite
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Whirlpool
- Roost
- Reflect Type
- Dragon Pulse

This seems like a weird set at first glance, but it is a very effective one! This Mega Latias set should be used as a glue on stall teams because of its ability to beat common problematic pokemon for stall such as Landorus-I. Whirlpool allows Latias to lure and trap more problematic stuff such as Crawdaunt and Heatran, and reflect type copies their typing and fucks them over as they are now trapped and they can't beat Latias while their health slowly dwindles due to Whirlpool's residual damage. Roost is for recovering and DPulse is for killing your target faster :] Really fun mon to use and is extremely rewarding when it works according to plan and takes out usually the opponent's only way of beating or denting stall. Latias should be paired with a Toxic Spikes user so that non steels/poisons have their health chipped even faster, and lets Latias deal with even more common stallbreakers such as SubCM Keldeo with no fear. I guess Latias differenciates itself from mega sableye/altaria because it lets you deal with a lot more common stallbreakers bar MGardevoir (but eh you can just run a jirachi and solve that problem). v cool mon to use, try this out :]
I think you really explained the purpose of this original set well. Could this be viable on regular Latias ?

In my defense, whim has much more immediate power. Serp can't come in and nuke latios immediately; he needs some boosts. Same for gallade and stuff. It's like the whole mega medicham vs mega gallade argument. And whimsicott's got surprise factor going for it; nobody realizes how fast it is. Speaking of speed, the main draw is speed + typing + prankster switcheroo; we don't really have a super quick, hard hitting fairy (mega garde's base 100 is....okay), and noivern's typing is hilariously easy to take advantage of (mega sceptile, scarfed dragons, mega alt, stealth rocks, ttar, ice shard) and easily replaced (birdspam is everywhere, dragonspam will always be everywhere; fairyspam's a bit trickier to come by). So your 'slap specs on anything for big damage lol' argument kind of screams that you didn't notice cott's main pros. Y'know who else's standard coverage can't touch steel types? Latios. And yet he's pretty popular, isn't he? How about that. What other 'mons are 2HKO's by specs keldeo's hydro pump? Let's see, mega gardevoir, noivern, mega gallade, offensive rotom, hell, aegislash, etc. Keldeo hits like a truck. That's why people use it. I'm sorry my offensive pokemon could only take two specs hydro pumps, dad. I didn't notice most other people going on for years about the cons of their sets, either; check the power up punch azu and whatnot. On a less passive aggressive note, this is just a fun set that I've had success with that I thought I'd share. I should thank you for the feedback, but you just really sound like you read a post about specs amoongus; you complained to me about how I never mentioned the cons, but you never mentioned the pros, so it's a bit of a moot point.

Latios commonly runs either Hidden Power Fire or Earthquake to hit various Steel types.
Standard set. Draco + psyshock + defog + roost. Whimsicott can run hp fire, too, if your jimmies are so rustled by steel types.

EDI: My bad. HP fire is on the standard set. Ditch hurricane, I guess.

Last edited:
Standard set. Draco + psyshock + defog + roost. Whimsicott can run hp fire, too, if your jimmies are so rustled by steel types.
Hmm, that's debatable. Latios doesn't run Roost most of the time, since walling Keldeo is more of Latias's job. The most common set for Latios is Draco / Psyshock / HP Fire / Defog.
Whimsicott can run HP Fire, but then how are you going to fit Moonblast, Giga Drain, Switcheroo, Hurricane and HP Fire all onto 1 set?

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I think you're thinking about Latias. Latios's standard set, as seen in its analysis, is:

Life Orb
########
name: Life Orb
move 1: Draco Meteor
move 2: Psyshock
move 3: Hidden Power Fire / Surf / Earthquake
move 4: Roost / Defog
ability: Levitate
item: Life Orb
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
ivs: 29 HP
nature: Timid / Hasty

Anyway I'm making this call: No more talk about Specs Whimsicott (to everyone). I don't personally think it's that great, but I respect the post and the effort involved in the post enough to keep it up. If you want to debate its viability or its moveset, please head to a PM. Thanks :)

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
I always love using past-gen sets like Agility Empoleon or Tyraniboah, and one of the sets I love to use is Superachi

Jirachi @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Flash Cannon / Moonblast / Thunderbolt / Energy Ball / Doom Desire / Whatever this thing learns
- Hidden Power Ground / Hidden Power Fire

Superachi! (Offensive CM) is a set that I spotted when I accidentally clicked on the BW analysis instead of the XY analysis and I wanted to give this set a try. Because of Jirachi's good bulk and typing it can often find free switchins and start setting up Calm Minds. CM Jirachi easily smashes through slower, bulkier teams because of the insane power and difficulty to wear it down. Even unboosted, Psyshock does a lot of damage. HP Ground is a good option because Magnezone and Heatran are 2 very common switchins to Jirachi and they are easily lured in and killed with a LO HP Ground (needs a CM up vs SpDef Heatran) HP Fire is an option to hit Scizor and Ferrothorn, as they are both OHKOd by a +1 HP Fire. The 3rd coverage moves really can be anything you like. Moonblast helps versus Mega Sableye and gives a good matchup versus stall in general, but Energy Ball works for luring in Slowbro / Hippowdon / Quagsire.

If you want to break stall, CM // Psyshock // HP Fire // Energy Ball or Flash Cannon seems like the best coverage, though Mega Sableye wins the CM war if you don't run Moonblast, Quagsire wins vs non-energy ball sets and Clefable beats non-Flash Cannon sets. Because this set is pretty uncommon, it is easy to bluff a physical set and stay out until the pokemon you can't break easily is weakened and you can start your late game sweep.

+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Jirachi Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 308-364 (47.9 - 56.6%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Jirachi Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 322-385 (83.4 - 99.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Jirachi Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 168+ SpD Ferrothorn: 322-385 (91.4 - 109.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Jirachi Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Unaware Clefable: 338-400 (85.7 - 101.5%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Jirachi Doom Desire vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Unaware Clefable: 421-499 (106.8 - 126.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Jirachi Hidden Power Ground vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 312-369 (114.7 - 135.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Jirachi Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 187-222 (58.6 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Jirachi Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 281-331 (73.5 - 86.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Jirachi Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 265-312 (63 - 74.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Jirachi Flash Cannon vs. 72 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 187-220 (58.6 - 68.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Jirachi Doom Desire vs. 72 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 325-383 (101.8 - 120%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Jirachi Energy Ball vs. 120 HP / 252+ SpD Alomomola: 398-471 (79.4 - 94%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Jirachi Psyshock vs. 120 HP / 136 Def Alomomola: 239-282 (47.7 - 56.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ SpA Life Orb Jirachi Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Jirachi: 224-265 (55.4 - 65.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Jirachi Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Unaware Quagsire: 174-205 (44.1 - 52%) -- 14.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Last edited by a moderator:

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 Atk / 216 SpA / 216 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave

The inpiration for this set came from Wallbreaker Thundurus-I. I use that set quite frequently (it's really good, don't get me wrong) but it didn't last long enough on more balanced and bulky teams. So I looked to a similar mon, Torn-T, who has Regenerator to gain back more health over the course of a match. Standard Life Orb set with a few tweaks. U-Turn and Taunt are nice utility options, sure, but Torn-T also has some other options for more of a pure wallbreaking look. The combo on Knock Off and Superpower is to lure Chansey, as well as crippling Tyranitar and Heatran that try to switch in on Hurricane (specifically EVed to beat Scarf TTar iirc). Heat Wave may seem underwhelming, but it OHKOs Ferro (Superpower misses the 2HKO, as does Hurricane, and that doesn't even consider the Superpower attack drops). Heat Wave also takes care of Skarm. Not anything terribly creative, but it does a good job breaking down fat stall and balanced cores while just not going away. It also doubles as a useful offensive check to some common threats.

216 SpA Life Orb Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. 244 HP / 192+ SpD Gliscor: 187-220 (53.1 - 62.5%) -- 72.7% chance to 2HKO after Poison Heal

76 Atk Life Orb Tornadus-T Superpower vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Chansey: 481-567 (74.9 - 88.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

216 SpA Life Orb Tornadus-T Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 354-421 (100.5 - 119.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

76 Atk Life Orb Tornadus-T Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 198-234 (49 - 57.9%) -- 57.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
^Heat Wave finishes.

216 SpA Life Orb Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Slowbro: 235-278 (59.6 - 70.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

216 SpA Life Orb Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 96+ SpD Clefable: 181-214 (45.9 - 54.3%) -- 52.3% chance to 2HKO
^Knock Off, then a solid 2HKO.

216 SpA Life Orb Tornadus-T Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 309-367 (92.5 - 109.8%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
Wait is it just me, or do you have a bunch of random links in that post?
edit: Ok, so apparently it's not just me; I thought I had like adware or something.
Don´t know what happened there because I never have this problem and neither do I see those links on any other websites. Removed it now.

Offensive Gliscor:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Ice Fang / Aerial Ace / Knock Off / Agility

This is Very interesting set, when you see a Gliscor you will always see a defensive Gliscor, but he has decent speed and attack, as well as having swords dance.When the opponent sees his Gliscor it will have just put some Skarmory or Ferrothorn to avoid toxic and Earthquake, but when he does you will have a shift grace to use SD, and then you will eliminate them.

Swords Dance Gliscor leaves with a massive attack, Earthquake will be your choice to stay spamming, with stab and boost swords dance, will give much damage at all that does not stand up. Fire Fang copper Skarmory, Ferrothorn and Scizor Bulky and Grass types, that resist its Earthquake. Ice Fang cover his weakness to Dragonites, Salamences and Garchomp, however, you can use Aerial Ace as a second option of STAB. Knock off can be a good option for support, taking Eviolites, Leftovers, Life Orbs and etc, helping your Time, You can also use agility to leave his very fast Gliscor, however, limiting your ability to Sweep

252 attack to maximize the damage and 252 speed with jolly to give outspeed in various things the metagame, (Well, standart ...). Toxic orb + Poison Heal will be your cure, since will not charge roost. But if you want you can use Life orb + Hyper Cutter, so you will have a maximum offensive.

Rotom-W covers Gliscor's Water and Ice weakness, he also Checks Keldeo, Azumarill and other things that scares Gliscor. Vest Scarf keldeo will be a good companion, Since he gives outspeed in various things that cause problems, as well as cover the weaknesses of Gliscor.The Rotom-W it can be a problem since you will not have to touch it moves. Serperior or Mega venusaur help on that occasion. Rotom-W can take a free-turn to raise Leaf-Storm in Serperior. Mega Venusaur also covers the weaknesses of Ice and Water.

~Fyuop

CALCS:

+2 252 Atk Gliscor Fire Fang vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 130-154 (38.9 - 46.1%) -- 18% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 Atk Gliscor Fire Fang vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 308-364 (87.5 - 103.4%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 Atk Gliscor Ice Fang vs. 216 HP / 0 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 238-282 (63.1 - 74.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+1 252 Atk Gliscor Ice Fang vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-T: 272-320 (71.2 - 83.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 64 HP / 0 Def Mega Altaria: 243-286 (79.1 - 93.1%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 Atk Gliscor Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Mega Venusaur: 200-236 (54.9 - 64.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 Atk Gliscor Aerial Ace vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Celebi: 228-270 (56.5 - 66.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:
I think you really explained the purpose of this original set well. Could this be viable on regular Latias ?
er the problem with normal latias is that it doesnt have incredible bulk like its mega forme does and also knock off will hit for 97.5bp on the first turn. meaning to say, normal latias with the current ev spread has a good chance of getting 2hko'd by landorus-i's knock off after sr so honestly normal latias isn't that good playing that role as a lure.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 180 HP / 136 SpA / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Reflect Type
- Roost
- Psyshock

that being said, reflect type/defog/roost/psyshock latias is something i've been experimenting and it has been really effective. much like how reflect type starmie works, it prevents latias from getting trapped by ttar/sharp, while still being able to check common keldeo+ttar cores. tbh I think reflect type latias is better than reflect type starmie as a hazard control mon because of the fact that zard y has been steadily increasing in usage of late and latias can attempt to stall out zard y's sun before bringing in a water mon to take advantage of zard y, compared to starmie which straight out loses to zard y. latias also checks a lot more stuff such as electrics etc. however, it trades beating more stuff with defog taking away your team's own entry hazards vs starmie only taking away the opponent's team entry hazards, which is a notable point starmie has over latias. ultimately it boils down to what the team wants, do you want to check zard y/electrics better, or do you want to only spin away the opponent's hazards?

the given ev spread lets me outrun max speed chomp (i mean eh you can never be too careful) and landorus-i, 2hko standard offensive mega venu w/ psyshock and rest go into hp. I chose psyshock because latias is a pretty poor dragon check anyway and psyshock checks more stuff such as mvenu/conkeldurr/keldeo etc

VoltTurn cores annoy me. Like a lot. For that reason, I made 2 separate Mega Pokemon sets that seems to do really well against them. Lets get to it, shall we?

image.jpg

Swampert@Swampertite
252 hp, 252 def, 4 att
Impish
Damp
Rest
Sleep Talk
Roar
Waterfall/Earthquake/Scald
This set is, to put it simply, a copy of defensive RestTalk Gyarados. There are several things that make Swampert noticeably better than Gyarados. The biggest would be the ground/water typing. Unlike Gyarados, Swampert is immune to electric, making it an excellent threat to VoltTurn teams. Also unlike Gyarados, Mega Swampert checks/counters all of the commonly used VoltTurners: Magnezone, Mega Manectric, Landorus T, Rotom H, and, as long as stealth rock is up, Rotom-W. Here are some calcs of them with their common sets against Mega Swampert.

252 SpA Mega Manectric Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Swampert: 62-74 (15.3 - 18.3%) -- possible 6HKO

252 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Mega Swampert: 132-156 (32.6 - 38.6%) -- 98.6% chance to 3HKO (Swampert 2HKOS in return with waterfall)

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Swampert: 99-117 (24.5 - 28.9%) -- 99.8% chance to 4HKO (Swampert 3HKOs with Waterfall and OHKOs with Earthquake)

0 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Swampert: 114-135 (28.2 - 33.4%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO (though Swampert cant hit Rotom hard, you can still try to fish for a burn if you go with scald or roar Rotom out to try to gain momentum and rack up hazard damage)

With great defensive stats and excellent typing with only one weakness, mega Swampert is arguably better than Gyarados as a RestTalker.

Other notable calcs:
252 Atk Mega Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Mega Swampert: 163-193 (40.3 - 47.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (Swampert 2HKOs with STAB move)

+1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Mega Swampert: 211-249 (52.2 - 61.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (assuming you switch in as he dragon dances, you can either roar it out or OHKO with earthquake)

+1 192+ Atk Pixilate Mega Altaria Return vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Mega Swampert: 225-265 (55.6 - 65.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (again, assuming you come in as Altaria Dragon Dances, you can roar Altaria out or do about 60% percent with earthquake.

To conclude, Mega Swampert is a defensive behemoth. With hazard and heal bell support, Swampert can be challenging to take down.

I have another defensive Mega pokemon set that hardly sees any use in OU, but I think I will post it later.

EDIT: If you are running scald, change nature to bold and the 4 eves to sp.att.

Last edited:
And now, ladies and gentlemen, a second "SCREW YOU!" to VoltTurn teams.

image.jpg

Camerupt@Cameruptite
252 hp, 252 sp.def, 4 sp.att
Calm
Solid Rock
Rest
Sleep Talk
Roar
Flamethrower/Earth Power
"Another RestTalk set? On a pokemon with a weakness to ground and water? Wow, this guy sux lol" first off, the only reason why both of them are RestTalk sets is because that's the only form of recovery the two had to reinforce their bulk. Anyways, this Mega Camerupt set is similar to my Mega Swampert set. It is designed to abuse hazards set up by teammates with roar while resisting U-Turn and being immune to Volt Switch. Unlike Mega Swampert, Mega Camerupt cant deal with Landorus T or Rotom W. It also has noticeably less bulk. Why should you ever use this, you ask? Fairies. Ever since they've been introduced, they have been quite good offensively and defensively. So how does how fiery camel deal with them? Well...

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Camerupt: 97-115 (28.1 - 33.4%) -- 0.1% chance to 3HKO (Camerupt can 3HKO Sylveon with flamethrower or earth power)

232 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Camerupt: 78-93 (22.6 - 27%) -- 40.4% chance to 4HKO (since Mega Garde 2hkos with psyshock, this calc should only be demonstrated in a double switch to attempt to get something in that resists psychic and can outspeed Mega Garde or destroy it with priority)

252+ SpA Mega Altaria Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Camerupt: 144-171 (41.8 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (Mega Camerupt 2HKOs with earth power. Prior scouting is needed to see if it is physical or not)

+6 0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Camerupt: 135-160 (39.2 - 46.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (As you can see, even if Clefable manages to set up to +6, Camerupt can still reliably roar Clefable out)

You may be wondering, "Isn't your Camerupt set outclassed by Heatran?" Well, Mega Camerupt can switch in on things that Heatran either gets demolished by or gets annoyed with. For example...

252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Camerupt: 116-136 (33.7 - 39.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (Camerupt can 2HKO with flamethrower. Unlike Heatran, Camerupt can switch in for free on a thunderbolt or thunder wave)

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Camerupt: 106-125 (30.8 - 36.3%) -- 58.4% chance to 3HKO (Camerupt can roar out for stealth rock damage)

252 SpA Mega Sceptile Dragon Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Camerupt: 105-124 (30.5 - 36%) -- 47.7% chance to 3HKO (Heatran is 2HKOd by focus blast from Mega Sceptile. Camerupt 2HKOs Mega Sceptile with flamethrower)

While we're doing calcs, I might as well post the VoltTurn pokemon that Mega Camerupt can potentially beat as well.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Camerupt: 75-89 (21.8 - 25.8%) -- 2.4% chance to 4HKO (Mega Camerupt OHKOs with STAB moves)

252 SpA Mega Manectric Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Camerupt: 47-56 (13.6 - 16.2%) -- possible 7HKO (Camerupt can OHKO with earth power and has a minuscule chance to OHKO with flamethrower after stealth rock)

It should be noted that Mega Camerupt is 2HKOd by Banded Scizor. I'm currently testing new EVs to try to take Scizor on better. Mega Scizor can 2HKO as well (the chance is lower, however).

Like my Mega Swampert set, Mega Camerupt needs hazard support to function properly. Heal Bell support is also appreciated and allows Camerupt to abuse rest.

To conclude, Mega Camerupt, while looking inferior to Heatran at first as a specially defensive unit, he can certainly pull his weight on your team and has multiple perks over Heatran (more fire power, doesn't mind knock off, doesn't have a fighting weakness).

M-Gallade is checked/countered by a variety of Pokemon in OU such as defensive Gyarados and Talonflame, thus preventing it to unleash it's full power in the tier. This set aims to eliminate it's checks/counters, whilst still being very effective and capable of performing it's job like most standard sets.

GG meta (Gallade) (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge/Poison Jab/Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch/Knock Off/Zen Headbutt

(More EVs can be dedicated into bulk, but due to his low HP stat it's usually not worth it)

-Substitute is the crux of this set. It allows him to attack from behind the safety of a Substitute, prevents Intimidate from lowering his attacks and most importantly, wards off status.

-Thanks to his immense offensive presence that threatens forced switches, it won't have any difficulty setting up Substitutes.

-Drain Punch also recovers lost health from using Substitutes and act as his main STAB. Coverage moves can be run depending on what the team needs.

Damage Calculations:

252 Atk Mega Gallade Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Gyarados: 218-258 (55.4 - 65.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Mega Gallade Thunder Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Gyarados: 328-388 (83.4 - 98.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Mega Gallade Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 172+ Def Skarmory: 118-140 (35.3 - 41.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Mega Gallade Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Lopunny: 308-366 (113.6 - 135%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Mega Gallade Poison Jab vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 184-218 (46.8 - 55.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Mega Gallade Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 160 Def Clefable: 222-262 (56.3 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Mega Gallade Poison Jab vs. 92 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 252-298 (69.2 - 81.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Mega Gallade Thunder Punch vs. 92 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 236-278 (64.8 - 76.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Mega Gallade Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-T: 308-364 (80.6 - 95.2%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Mega Gallade Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Mega Venusaur: 198-234 (54.3 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Mega Gallade Thunder Punch vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 260-306 (72.4 - 85.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

I don't need to calc Stone Edge damage to Talonflame, do I?

M-Sableye still checks it (although it falls to SD sets) and M-Slowbro still walls it. But with his access to a wide range of coverage not unlike Megagross, he can basically run whatever the team needs and destroy a majority of his usual checks/counters.

Last edited:
Ok coolio I guess I'm just gonna repost this from my post in the OU Research Project since it's too early to post it there.

Meet Volcarona, the burn factory. This set plays a lot like a SubSeed set, only it has a much larger impact on the game (think Chesnaught, but with a long lasting impact and a more exploitable weakness)

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
EVs: 248 HP/136 Def/ 104 SpDef/20 Spe
-Fiery Dance
-Substitute
-Roost
-Will-o-Wisp

While entirely walled by Heatran, Fiery Dance is the only attack you really NEED. It has the really nice bonus of boosting your own power, and helping you overpower resists late game. The combination of Flame Body and Will-o-Wisp is really, REALLY effective in spreading burns. Flame Body is essentially a free Scald effect on any contact move, and WoW is great for crippling physical attackers. The real belle of the ball on this set, though, is Substitute. By Subbing on switches, you provide yourself an excellent opportunity to draw in the things that scare Volcarona out. This gives you an opportunity to burn cripple them via WoW. In my replays below, you'll see that Substitute is a large factor in the success I've had with this set.

Note: This set does not alleviate Volcarona's issues with Stealth Rocks. You are STILL going to need a Defogger in order to get the most out of this set.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-213006778
So this first replay is actually the most recent one, but it's probably the best replay despite ending in a forfeit. Basically, Volcarona was able to spread a burn on Scizor via Flame Body and then lure and burn the opposing Terrakion (thanks to that nasty Sub WoW combo I talked about).

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-212965035
This replay shows how Volcarona can really wear down opposing Rotom-W with a little fortune and Fiery Dance. While it's not entirely reliable, you can pretty easily PP stall Hydro Pump with Substitute and Roost (iirc, Hydro does about 68% max). At turn 25, you see the aforementioned Sub WoW on a lured Landorus-Therian.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-212969203
Basically just more of the above. Early on, I tried to Sub on the Raikou, but I couldn't get the move change before the turn happened. All that would have done was allowed me to WoW the Medicham rather than burn it with Flame Body. You can also see how Volcarona lures in the BD Azu and neuters it. Not the BEST replay, but it works in the context of this post.

EDIT (new replay):http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-213586952
This set seriously gives Azumarill the middle finger; I love it. You can see in this game how easily you can switch in on Ferrothorns and set up a Substitute. This game, I happened to fall on the wrong side of the Fiery Dance coin flip against that Whimsicott and Talonflame, but that game could have gone really south for my opponent if I had managed to get +2 before the Talonflame got in. I had tried to save Volcarona for a last-ditch attempt to burn M-Lop, but fortunately for me, it was in Bullet Punch range. This is a bit higher on the suspect ladder than my other replays.

I'm aware that these three replays are low ladder replays; I haven't touched the suspect ladder, so I tried to save the replays that were against legitimate teams. I think that the EV spread could possibly be optimized to tank as much of the relevant metagame as possible, but so far this one works for me.

EDIT: 20 Spe and Timid Nature lets you outspeed base max Speed base 70.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)