Curt's First RMT

Oh...yeah, right. The infamous (great etc.) Curt is posting his first RMT. Enter the flock of people to copy it and use it all over shoddy thinking they can mimic his success! Ha! Ehem...right. <.<

Anyway, this team actually hasn't been tested yet so the more the merrier. All helpful input would be greatly appreciated...but, without further ado: my team!

(Be gentle, this is my favorite team to date because I love the lead pokemon more than any other. Nastalgia, etc.)

The Team

Lightning (Jolteon) (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 56 HP/216 Spd/236 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Agility
- Baton Pass
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

Ahhh Jolteon, my favorite pokemon of all time. I actually built this team with Jolteon in mind, as I really wanted to make a successful team with Jolt. Counters the three most popular leads. Is a great lead for its speed (although that's slightly hampered this gen by choice scarf) and Baton Pass lets you switch without having to worry about predictions too much
(predicted switches). Kills pesky waters, fliars and other such things, and offers a good support for the rest of the team with substitute and volt absorb! Speed is 385 to just outspeed Weavile.

Hail (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/48 Atk/20 Def/188 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Hypnosis
- Stealth Rock

Zoooong. Right. Anyway, this guy is pretty solid all-around and very useful. He's slow but he packs a punch, and is sturdy enough to use Hypnosis on. Stealth rock is there just for some residual damage. Probably the best or second best Garchomp counter in the game. It also helps with my EQ weakness and is a great team with my next pokemon!

Whirlwind (Salamence) (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP/156 Def/40 Spd/36 SAtk/24 SDef
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Wish

The ever popular Salamence. This is such an overlooked support pokemon (props to council for the idea) and it works amazingly in place of Gliscor. Admittedly it takes Stone Edge much harder than Gliscor does, it still survives it 75% of the time from CBCross without taking Intimidate into account. Has a great set of resistances and is faster than Adamant Heracross, so even if it does get hit by stone edge it can roost or Fire Blast depending on what is better. Fighting/Bug/Fire/Ground resists all come in handy. It acts as a great support for Bronzong and Metagross by passing wishes to them since they resist everything that is super-effective against Mence!

Flood (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/16 Def/216 Spd/24 SAtk
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

My spinner and Infernape counter. Probably the best Infernape counter in the game just because it can take anything Infernape throws out and then outspeed it to kill (unless it has choice scarf). Pretty standard spinner. This is also my Gyarados counter, which is important in every match as Gyarados is a huge threat Natural Cure always comes in handy, too, so this is a great overall utility pokemon.

Machamp (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 108 HP/144 Atk/252 Def/4 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dynamicpunch
- Ice Punch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

y halo thar Special Walls not named Cresselia. Takes status and deals out damage pretty hard despite not having any sort of stat ups. No Guard is a great ability. Ice punch is there for the ever-present Gliscor and hurts those nasty dragons. Great for Garchomp since No Guard means I'll never miss with it. :D

Eye (Togekiss) (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/44 Def/212 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Nasty Plot
- Roost

This thing used to be hugely popular at the beginning of D/P, almost every "good" battler was using it. It dropped off fast though. I still think it's one of the most threatening pokemon in the game and it's the sole reason I was thinking about agility over substitute on Jolteon. Anyway, this thing is a beast. Great special resistance (350 spdef and 374 hp) and its weaknesses are all covered fairly well. Sweeper/Wall Killer, this thing is pretty good all around as it can take hits like a champ and dish it out too. Dunno what else to say.

---

So there it is, my first RMT ever on Smogon (that I can remember anyway).

Jolteon has little-to-no reason for the HP EVs, it can't really risk a speed loss with Aerodactyl and the Choice Scarf point for many Pokes is already just beating Weavile.

Since Salamence only needs an HP stat of 384, drop it's HP down to 212 EVs and give the additional 40 EVs to Special Defense.

Metagross gets revenge killed by Dugtrio, and with 252 HP EVs and 16 Defense EVs you can survive that, which is especially important when every move you have except Pursuit KOs Duggy anyway.

Togekiss should consider losing Nasty Plot for Body Slam, which covers Azelf, and is mentioned over Thunder Wave because an enemy Jolteon may run this team to the ground, ironically enough, so you should limit it's switches.

You will find that (Substitute)Garchomp and Tyranitar beat you thouroughly. Only Swampert can replace Bronzong without taking away a Stealth Rock user, so I would recommend him over Bronzong, as Bronzong doesn't add any notable coverage against something the team can't handle anyway.

Which Swampert handles, at the very least, decently. Garchomp is only deadly in the SubSandVeil combo versions. If luck is what you wish to defend yourself against, do that, but when you have the ability to beat another huge threat in Tyranitar, but pass it up to face Garchomp and Garchomp alone, then do so. Metagross takes Choiced versions as a joke, and Togekiss beats ChainChomp. It seems like you are the one making your own Garchomp weak.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)