Defensive Oriented Battle Maison Team

I'm in the process of breeding a unique doubles team. Here's what I've come up with.

Leads:

Ambipom - Life Orb (Technician)
Jolly [252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP]
---------
Fake Out
Quick Guard
U-Turn
Double Hit

Ambipom's main role is to ensure that Vespiquen survives. By whatever means. Fake out anything with a rock move or the biggest threat. Quick guard is mostly there for Vespiquen to set up twice in the midst of Talonflame (who, after some calculations, have found to be possibly the biggest threat to this team), although I'm sure it could possibly be useful in other circumstances. U-turn is there for obvious reasons, and has synergy with Mega Manectric's intimidate volt switch for continued fake-out's/intimidates to support Vespi. Double hit is there for general offensive purposes, but quite nicely abuses technician and breaks subs.

Vespiquen - Leftovers (Pressure)
Calm [252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 HP]
---------
Defense Order
Roost
Protect
Infestation

So we have the queen here herself. Keep her as bulky as possible. Ideally, defense order immediately with fake out support. The next turn, either defense order again if you think you can get away with it or protect if you need Ambipom to u-turn to Manectric to absorb a lightning attack with lightning rod and/or snarl and/or intimidate. Then continue roosting/defend ordering/protecting as much as possible. Infestation is really only there for particularly dire situations when maxed defenses vespi finds herself soloing, or if she has nothing else better to do. Something pretty cool I'd like to mention is that Infestation now gives Vespiquen the option to stall steel and poison types that she otherwise couldn't handle last gen with just toxic.

Back ups:

(Mega)Manectric - Manectricnite (Lightning Rod/Intimidate)
Modest [252 Speed, 252 Special Attack, 4 HP]
---------
Thunderbolt
Overheat
Volt Switch
Snarl

Mega Manectric provides great team synergy. We have lightning rod for one of Vespi's weaknesses, Volt Switch/Intimidate for use with ambi's Fake Out/U-Turn, and Snarl. Intimidate and Snarl work together to help Vespi getting her bulk up. Although he is a force to be reckoned with, M.Manectric is not here to be a sweeper. He is here to make sure Vespiquen lives long enough to become untouchable.

Miltank - Weakness Policy? (Scrappy)
[Nature/IV's, not sure... I think I wanna give her some kind of defensive spread, help?]
---------
Psych-up
Milk Drink
Heal Bell
Power-Up Punch

So, now we come to the clean-up swinger. This is why it has been so important to let Vespiquen set up. Miltank will come in and Psych-Up all that delicious defense and special defense. After that, she is a goddess. She has bulk. She has recovery. She has team status healing (although it's mostly there for just Vespi and herself). She has a gradually boosting attack that hits all pokemon thanks to scrappy. As long as she gets enough buffs from Vespi, she's practically unstoppable.

So what do you guys think? I know that this team has some problems. Mostly that Vespiquen being knocked out too early means I will have to rely on three support pokemon to pull off a win. And of course... critical hits. Thankfully, they have been nerfed this generation, which is a boon to defensive boosting. Is there a better item for Miltank though? Any moveset changes? Vespiquen is my favorite pokemon and I'd hate to part with her, but would sigilyph be better?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)