XY OU DiGG, Offense team peaked #88

Hello guys! this is angel0mike. Today i'm bringing you my best team in XY OU so far. I decided to name it DiGG, it's kind of a spanish joke, when you finish a battle you usually say GG (good game) And that is what usually happens when my boy, Diggersby, one of my favourite mons comes in, so Di GG (say GG)

Before starting this RMT I would like to say that english is not my mother tongue, and I'm sure I will make some mistakes, I'm sorry and hope you guys understand it :].

Let's go, the squad :

Teambuilding:

I started with one of the most powerfull megas in the XY OU metagame, Gardevoir.

After gardevoir, I decided to put Magnezone because it can trapp those annoying steel types

I wanted to finish the steel-drag-fairy, so I chose Garchomp, an awesome lead that allows me to set up my rocks.

After this I wanted to try 2 mons that weren't so famous when I used them and they are just amazing, and actually their synergy is awesome, Gengar and Diggersby

Finally, some mons like settuper CharX, Keldeo, Azu... were a really big trouble to my team, so I added Slowbro for paralyzing them and stop them from possibly sweeping me

The Team Deeply:

Gardevoir

Item: Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

What can I say about this monster? It's just awesome. Obviously the ability is going to be Trace, one of my favourite abilitys, the best thing I like about it is how it works against Rain or Sand teams, it copies swift swim or sand rush and just destroys knowing when you have to mega evolve. I decided to run timid nature because I can speed tie other mons. The moveset it's standard. Hyper voice for hitting really hard, psyshock for some special walls, focus blast for ferros and other nasty steels that are in range of this and WoW because my gengar has taunt, really good catching switches of scizors and after burn force them to BP and switch into Magnezone. But I have to say that most of time this guy is spamming HV and FB.

Slowbro

Item: Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Fire Blast
- Scald

An awesome wall and pivot, I run 232 in HP because of the maximun lefties recovery and less damage from rocks, sand... Bold nature obviously and the 24 evs left i wanted to put them in spdef for some special bulk. The moveset is based in paralyzing and burning threats for my team. You may think running fire blast when i have magnezone can be a bit stupid, but most of steel types run shed shell and I can't mess around with nasty mons like ferro and skarm. Anyways, you can always change Fire Blast for Grass Knot to hit Mega Gyarados, a big threat to the team.

Garchomp

Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance

Garchomp is usually my lead. I run Focus Sash to take advantage from setup mons or threats that die with EQ but they can ohko me first, like greninja, but Lum Berry is very viable with this set too. SR the best move in the game, very usefull, EQ for STAB, DClaw for STAB too and SD because I don't need more fire attacks and it can do work against stall and it's pretty usefull too predicting a switch.

Magnezone

Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Awesome mon, when I tried it the first time when nobody was using shed shell I was like "Wow, this guy is the best mon ever using it with the right mons" It trapps all the defensive threats like ferrothorn and a lot of offensive threats like scizor, it makes a really good synergy with gardevoir and diggersby. I run Choice Scarf because pinsir is really frightening and magnezone laughts on it, volt switch for STAB and momentum, tbolt STAB and hitting harder things like suicune, HP Fire for obvious reasons and Flash Cannon for fairy types like sylveon, gardevoir... But it doesn't hit so hard to sylveon and Clefable because of the scarf and not specs, thats why the next mon, gengar is here.

Gengar

Item: Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

The destroyer, a powerhouse, it hits really really hard and taunt helps me a lot with stall. The EVspread is obviously max max and the moveset it's pretty standard too: Taunt, very good against stall. Shadow Ball, hits so hard to everything and STAB. Sludge Wave, not getting walled by chesnaught and hits harder than bomb, not caring about that 20% of poison hax that i loose. Focus Blast has awesome coverage for steels. With his typing makes a really good synergy with the beast aka diggersby.

Diggersby

Item: Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance

Here it is, in my opinion one of the best or the best powerhouse of the XY OU meta, plus a LO, adamant nature and max max, simply destroys. This thing you have here does a hell of a lot to everything (gengar walls this sets completly, but I think it's the only case) with a +2 he 2hkos skarm and ohko almost everything. There's just one little problem: he's slow. And that's why we have quick attack, 40 base power plus STAB hits hard no matter what. I just love it, it doesn't even need to get a swords dance for sweeping teams, but if he uses it you can just say GG.

Threats

Mega Gyarados: This guy uses DD and does nothing because of slowbro's twave. But if we're facing a sub DD set then you have a problem. It's so hard to stop it, I have to double switch around and predict nicely, there's one reason for wearing grass knot on slowbro and focus sash on chomp.

Landorus-I: Hits so hard to everything, Gengar does 75% with shadow ball so I have to put rocks and try to predict him with garchomp and gengar.

Breelom: Spore, rock tomb, bullet seed and mach punch. I can taunt with gengar and get rekt by rock tomb, I can use sludge wave and get rekt too. So the best option is sacking chomp for break his sash and then kill him easily.

Thundurus: I have diggersby that resist hp ice and kills it but it's nasty playing against him and the mixed version, garde can resist hits too but I need to keep garde alive in most of games.

I'm sure there can be more threats, but the biggest I found were this ones, so if you think there's another that I didn't mention, please let me know.

Importable

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Fire Blast
- Scald

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Diggersby @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance

Alright so this was my first RMT, I hope you like it and I hope you enjoyed it, thanks for reading and if I forgot something you can just write it on the comments section: questions, advises, whatever...

Good bye ^^

This is a pic that prooves i peaked top #88:

EDIT: Special thanks to my clan Sacred Sword for supporting and helping me make the RMT, you are awesome^^

Last edited:
Nice team! To fix your breloom dilema, I suggest you run Lum Berry > Focus Sash as it actually allows you to beat lead loom. Another way to fix your loom problem, and at the same time, fix you Lando I and Thundy I problem, would be to put Mamo > Garchomp. Your team does't really have a problem with steal types as, diggersby, Gengar, Slowbro, AND Gardevoir all handle them pretty nicely, so magnezone really isnt needed. You forgot to add greninja on the threat list lolol. That monster destroys this team. I would suggest adding, Clefable > Slowbro as it is a Wall in XY OU. It can also patch up your setup sweeper weakness, with unaware and twave just like slowbro.

image.jpg

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash/Life Orb
Ability: Oblivious
Nature: Jolly
Evs: 4 Def 252 Spe 252 Attack
- Earthquake
- Icicle spear > allows you to beat breloom
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock

image.jpg

Clefable Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Nature: Calm
Evs: 248 HP 160 Def 100 Spdef
- Moonblast
- Moonlight/Wish
- Thunder Wave
Calm Mind/ Protect/ Heal Bell

Nice team! To fix your breloom dilema, I suggest you run Lum Berry > Focus Sash as it actually allows you to beat lead loom. Another way to fix your loom problem, and at the same time, fix you Lando I and Thundy I problem, would be to put Mamo > Garchomp. Your team does't really have a problem with steal types as, diggersby, Gengar, Slowbro, AND Gardevoir all handle them pretty nicely, so magnezone really isnt needed. You forgot to add greninja on the threat list lolol. That monster destroys this team. I would suggest adding, Clefable > Slowbro as it is a Wall in XY OU. It can also patch up your setup sweeper weakness, with unaware and twave just like slowbro.

View attachment 31688
Mamoswine @ Focus Sash/Life Orb
Ability: Oblivious
Nature: Jolly
Evs: 4 Def 252 Spe 252 Attack
- Earthquake
- Icicle spear > allows you to beat breloom
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock

View attachment 31690
Clefable Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Nature: Calm
Evs: 248 HP 160 Def 100 Spdef
- Moonblast
- Moonlight/Wish
- Thunder Wave
Calm Mind/ Protect/ Heal Bell
Hmmmm very interesting, definitely going to try this out, thanks. About greninja, well digg does like 60% with quick, sash chomp handles him(as you said the item there can be lum berry too) gardevoir resists 1 hit so well, he's a threat but normally he doesn't give as much as problems as the ones I put there, for example, crawdaunt could be a threat too, but I can kill him with many ways. Another dilema is the fact of having sash chomp or lum chomp, I think I'll just combine them and see what works better, thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)