XY OU Doge(R.I.P.) N Friends[Peak @ 1954]

-gizmo-

Smogon's Kingpin
Team Preview

This is doge(R.I.P. doge), and these are her friends.

Doom Desire (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SpD / 120 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Body Slam
- Stealth Rock

Jirachi is a true friend, constantly taking stray dracos and hyper voices no one else on the team would dare risk their life trying to eat. Sets rocks, gewd pivot, hard lati check, hard garde check. Will hax your filthy chansey to death if needed. Part 1/3 of volt turn core. The speed evs allow it to outpace jolly loom AND HAX THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF IT u-turn out or get up rocks and use rachi as sleep fodder.

Doge!(Raikou) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 32 SpDef / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Ice
Don't really know who to credit this change to ; I guess Rosenfeldius since he was the first to suggest it. Even though i really think this thing is super weak and whatnot, it works here so I guess that's my reason for using it.

CLOUD KITTY (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Cloud Kitty is the final part of my volt turn core. With He's a solid offense pivot and a good check to sand offense, and applies pressure with constant chip damage from u-turn, or sometimes just straight up cleans with eq. I run superpower to check things like +1 gyara,t-tar, and of course balloon exca and tran. 0 happiness to boost the power of intimidate.

The Workhorse (Latios) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire
- Defog

Latios over Latias because my team appreciates the offensive presence more than the bulk. Latios defogs for me, nukes things with draco, and checks dirty grass poisons like venu and amoonguss. Also makes for solid ways to beat zard y along with victini, and helps me check rain along with suicune and mega-man.

Doge?(Victini) @ Leftovers
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Power-Up Punch
Ok, back to tini. This thing is a tertiary check to zard and garde, but also megacham. It's also a very,very, good stallbreaker. Subbing on pretty much anything on stall, then spamming power up punch is the way to live. Suggestion by DracoNinja to change tini to 216 speed evs.

Gyarados (M) @ Gyaradosite
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Substitute​

You will be missed dearly suicune. Gyarados alleviates a weakness to bisharp, while also retaining the water typing that was in this slot, and acts as a primary win con as well, meaning there really was no reason for me to change it.

Closing Statement
It wasn't actually me who peaked with this team. I'd like to thank my buddy Zamrock for play testing it to allow me to easier see holes, and for the tini suggestion, which made the team a lot better and allowed me to use mega manectric to form a more solid volt turn core.

Gyarados (M) @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Substitute

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 32 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

CLOUD KITTY (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn

;-; (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SpD / 120 Spe
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

The Work Horse (Latios) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Victory! (Victini) @ Leftovers
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power-Up Punch
- Bolt Strike
- V-create
- Substitute

Some Replays: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-170119348 Vs Stall
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-170115157 Vs Garde Balance

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-170084883 More
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-170102605 Vs BP ;-;
THREATS TO MY TEAM ;-;
Bisharp - All i really have for this is 50/50s with tini. And cune if it's not sd.
Gengar- This can be played around risking speed tie and forcing it out with lando's knock off bluff until low enough i guess and cune can set up if I Reallyyy need it to as long as its not taunt gar.

Last edited:
Fucking destroyed by gengar

I recommend sdef mega ampharos over manectric because it has that pivot ability while also kinda fixing your bisharp issue as well as the gengar issue, also counters zard y more reliably

-gizmo-

Smogon's Kingpin
Fucking destroyed by gengar

I recommend sdef mega ampharos over manectric because it has that pivot ability while also kinda fixing your bisharp issue as well as the gengar issue, also counters zard y more reliably
I guess I can try this, but i obviously lose speed control.

If you're worried about speed control AND don't want to have your asshole finger-popped by Genger, three words shall be spokken:

ASS

VEST

RAIKOU

But total srs assvest raikou is way better than both mega man and mega amph for this squad, power + balk + speed = yuss, plus no intimidate so Bishart is less threatening as a whole

Last edited:

-gizmo-

Smogon's Kingpin
If you're worried about speed control AND don't want to have your asshole finger-popped by Genger, three words shall be spokken:

ASS

VEST

RAIKOU

But total srs assvest raikou is way better than both mega man and mega amph for this squad, power + balk + speed = yuss, plus no intimidate so Bishart is less threatening as a whole
I can try dis o3o

-gizmo-

Smogon's Kingpin
Bumpity

Changed to HP Fire on lati and slashed wish over b slam as a viable option on rachi, and bumped up the speed of tini and rachi

-gizmo-

Smogon's Kingpin
don't u worry bout it, but I am curious as to what issues you were having with it
I kinda missed having mega man's fire stab, since i used it to force out mons like ferro and zor(who is no longer checked) sending in raik on birds also meant that it got too weakened to take on anything else, meaning that i had to rely on stone miss, and the power drop. Plus, i like being able to reliably offensively check ninja rather than defensively on a mon that is already pressured to do too much. Idk if that makes any sense or if i just rambled,sorry.

your typing in this team seems pretty solid, but you're definitely lacking in the priority move department.

I don't really trust sleep talk sets all that much so if it were me I would put a chesto berry on your suicune and replace sleep talk with ice beam, personally.

I kinda missed having mega man's fire stab, since i used it to force out mons like ferro and zor(who is no longer checked) sending in raik on birds also meant that it got too weakened to take on anything else, meaning that i had to rely on stone miss, and the power drop. Plus, i like being able to reliably offensively check ninja rather than defensively on a mon that is already pressured to do too much. Idk if that makes any sense or if i just rambled,sorry.
Zor and Ferro get taken care of by Suicune/Latios but yeah Ninja makes sense, although with Wish on Rachi that helps alleviate some pressure,,, I'd personally use Raikou but it mostly goes down to preference at this point

-gizmo-

Smogon's Kingpin
Zor and Ferro get taken care of by Suicune/Latios but yeah Ninja makes sense, although with Wish on Rachi that helps alleviate some pressure,,, I'd personally use Raikou but it mostly goes down to preference at this point
Yeah It really is preference, but the zor set i was talking about is the 3 attacks one i see being favored, that breaks suicune and lati pretty easily.

So at first glance the first thing I suggest is Knock Off on Lando-T over Superpower as that will allow you to remove the item off fellow Lando-T's as well as give it a bit of a stronger move to hit Gar with (also while removing its item). The other thing I notice is that your not just Bisharp weak but also Sucker Punch weak, for this I second the notion of AV Raikou because Aura Sphere takes a pretty nice chunck out of dark types. But overall, a very good team and it definitely looks fun to play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)