Doubles Teambuilding Competition - Week 69 - GAME OVER

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
mfw it's a tie between Team 7 and 9. Fortunately, I'm voting for Team 7 so it wins the round, congrats! The team was made by Pastelle! The runner-up team was made by Level 51. Go collect your medals now nerds.

For this week, we'll be having:

Mega Diancie + Volcarona. Generally speaking, Diancie fares well with Fire-types as they can take out problematic Steel-types with ease. Mega Diancie can take out problematic opposing Fire-types for Volcarona, most importantly Talonflame. In short, they're good together. RUN WILD.

Code:
<sprites>
[hide=Importable][/hide]
[hide=Description][/hide]
Nifty sprite converter: http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net/format.php - Just put in your importable and you'll get sprites. I'd prefer it if you guys set it to "sprites" to save me some important seconds, and name the hide tags as "Importable" and "Description" thanks :)!

Deadline on Friday, noon GMT+1

Last edited:
Semi-Room Slowking less get it <:]

Slowking @ Expert Belt
Ability: Oblivious
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Fire Blast
- Scald
- Psychic

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Earth Power

Volcarona @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 100 SpA / 108 Spe
- Rage Powder
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Protect

Aegislash @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiey Nature
- Wide Guard
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum
- Protect

Starting off with the Diancie/Volcarona core i decided i wanted to build around a rage powder support volc set while also incoporating a semi-room element with the don that is Slowking :pimp:. Basically Volc sits there being the punching bag of the team while also threatening steels/grass mons with its stab and wisping physical attackers and redirecting letting Diancie and crew fire off powerful hits/ set up subs/ set trick room. The set is the standard set letting it live a Kanga return while ohkoing 252/72 Spd sassy amoong. Naturally having the rage power user i wanted to abuse the free turns and decided Sub Kyurem would be a good option setting up annoying large subs firing off hits on rotom and things weak to ice while taking on electrics for King/Azu. (I added a lil more speed than usual to outspeed jolly Loom btw.) To further support the synergy of the team i added in Slowking as it buffers/ takes on Water/Fighting/Steel/ all in one slot quite well with its great mixed defenses and brings speed control in Trick room, while also bringing clutch fire coverage outside of Volc which Azu and Diancie greatly appreciate. Aegislash was put on as a powerful abuser of TR while also bringing much needed wide guard support and fairy/steel check/counter as my team is completely grounded. Diancie is p straightforward hitting down both of the opponents mons with DStorm and hitting hard with Moonblast while also kinda mitigating the dark weakness on this team. Last but not least i added the classic MegaBus Azu which can set up with ease when Volc is paired next to it and can be used late game/early to weaken a team or sweep it. The cool thing about Slowking+Azu is it brings a sometimes unexpected factor with TR and when an opponent is trying to target down azu, slowking can set it up with no worries thanks to Oblivious and can hit problem mons down hard like Amoong/Bulky steels with fire blast and its stabs effectively letting a +6 Azu train through an opponents team yee

Last edited:
Red Not Sun AKA Ripped Off Name From KyleCole and kamikaze's Team from Last Round™

(baby sprites below)

Gothitelle @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 64 SpD / 192 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Protect

Volcarona @ Leftovers
EVs: 16 Def / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Trick

Ferrothorn @ Lum Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Krookodile @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Protect
This one is actually kind of weird. I started off with the Volcarona+Mega Diancie thing, making the cliche move of QD Volc and standard Mega Diancie.
I realized it's actually really weak to Rain and added Ferrothorn.
However, Ferrothorn doesn't really seem to cut it sometimes, and it can often actually die against rain because people overprepare for it so much. I realized that Ferrothorn really only takes down certain parts of Rain, and decided to add Gothitelle to make sure I can take apart the right things when I want to. Also, because of Gothitelle not really even being the bulkiest thing in the world, I felt that I might need to take down the Ludicolo+Politoed+electric+possibly the mega-part a little bit faster than people usually do so I went with a more offensive Ferrothorn. Getting up a free Swords Dance in front of things like Politoed and Mega Diancie is actually really fun, you even tend to pick up lots of random af KOs. It also worked as my best way to disintegrate Tailwind teams that would forever annoy Mega Diancie and Volcarona, because +2 STAB Gyro Balls against a doubled speed anything does a ton. This is a Mega Kangaskhan (which takes the same amount from Gyro Ball under Tailwind as it does not):
+2 8 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 309-364 (87.7 - 103.4%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
!!
SD Ferro just ensures that you are secure against Rain stuff. Also ensures that Ludicolo isn't gay enough to just take like 50% from a Power Whip and then do like 40% with Ice Beam thanks to THIS
+2 8 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 104 HP / 0 Def Ludicolo: 331-390 (101.2 - 119.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
I'm good I swear :x
I then decided to work on fulfilling my need to have some sort of Choiced Pokemon on 90% of my teams by adding Scarf Washtom. I thought Trickscarf would go great with TWave trapping and was not surprised when it was. It also helped with my matchup against Trick Room, as I could trick the scarf onto the setter and trap it, making sure it cannot do anything. Also, since almost all setters can't do much to Ferro and Scrafty/Mega Kangaskhan (the fake out user) are physical+can't hit Ferro that incredibly hard, I can just switch that in and SD :>. QD Volc also works here too tbh. Also it helps against Landorus-T and stuff :]]
Finally the team needed something to increase the threat of Ferrothorn, but I also wanted to cover up Volcarona's poor defense. Intimidate clearly worked to do both. I also wanted something to hit Heatran, Aegislash, and Bisharp, and so I picked Landorus-T. Because I didn't want to click X versus Aegislash I made it a Special Landorus-T to hit the WG ones, and made it Stone Edge. Then all of a sudden, Aegislash continued to win against my team, and I thought really hard about what I could do to fix the team without harming the center of the team, Gothitelle+Ferrothorn, and retaining the Mega Diancie+Volcarona thing. Bisharp also gave my life HELL over the entire course of a game purely because Landorus-T couldn't live a +1 Sucker Punch and I let Volcarona die too early. I thought about things that could fix it. I tried using a more utility oriented Rotom-Wash, but that didn't work nearly as well as I wanted so I switched that back. I eventually came to the conclusion that all I needed was to be able to hit Aegislash harder with the Landorus-T slot (and take less damage) and take more Sucker Punches from Bisharp, and something that I was messing around with earlier in Krookodile actually seemed to fit. It didn't need to run Mixed or full on Special to hit Aegislash, which I liked, and it could easily take a Sucker Punch from Bisharp at +1. It also retained the Intimidate that would assist Volcarona and Ferrothorn, making them far more threatening. Also I guess Knock Off+Shadow Tag is pretty fun ^_^.

Last edited:

thinkin

Banned deucer.

so i build this together with yoda i think :) we started off with diancie jirachi cos i never build with it before rachi is nice for redirecting grass or steel moves from diancie like mega metagross iron head or amoongus giga drain. then we chose hydreigon since it beats aegislash (the biggest thread to the core) as well as many other threats as sash bisharp or rotomw. it formes a really good core with diancie as well. the 3 mons look strong together but have one glaring weakness beeing choice scarf landorus-t. gyarados is a really nice switch in + provides intimidate (for example diancie can take one -1 eq from ladnorus t. next pick was volcarona as i formes a strong core with diancie, i wanted sth faster to hit more offensive teams, beats grass types. as last we put conkeldurr as every team wants sth to ohko mega kangascan, wide guard helps volcarona set up and sweep, after choosing as slower atacker we decided that if we run choice band bulky gyarados we can give jirachi trick room giving me nice semiroom option. :) also life orb mach punch puts landorust in +1 flamethrower range. timid hydreigon is super cool for outspeeding adamant kang (and ohko'ing it with draco after helping hand boost) and modest gardevoir, even opping hydre's

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Iron Head
- Follow Me
- Trick Room
- Helping Hand

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Protect

Gyarados @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Waterfall
- Double-Edge
- Ice Fang
- Facade

Volcarona @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 Def / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Def / 80 SpD
Brave Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Wide Guard

Last edited:

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
HYPE Purple+Red Team

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect

Volcarona @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 160 HP / 16 Def / 148 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Atk / 84 Def
Brave Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Wide Guard
- Knock Off

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 116 SpA / 40 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

This is my Diancie+Volc team which is probably pretty bad but I like it. Hydreigon probably wasn't the first mon I added I don't really remember but I chose to use an amazing Timid Specs Hydreigon as the rest of the team is pretty slow and this thing allows you to hit threats to Diancie like Heatran+Aegislash as we being able to OHKO most non bulky mons with Draco Meteor. After this the team is really rain weak so Ferrothorn helps alot with Rain and just water types in general. I'm just running the standard set here as it gets the job done well enough. Conkeldurr was added mostly for Wide Guard support for Volcarona and it checks Heatran and Terrakion so it is cool. Conkeldurr is just running max, max cause I don't know any good benchmarks and this works efficiently enough. Lastly Rotom-W was added to further check water types (not Ludicolo) and to hit Landorus and stuff. I am using Thunder Wave> Will-O-Wisp as thi steam has no speed control otherwise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)