Doubles Teambuilding Competition - Week 69 - GAME OVER

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
I thought this was pretty obvious already but people still do it, sooo: NO SLASHES ON YOUR SETS!

Also votin'

Team 1

Slowking @ Expert Belt
Ability: Oblivious
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Fire Blast
- Scald
- Psychic

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Earth Power

Volcarona @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 100 SpA / 108 Spe
- Rage Powder
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Protect

Aegislash @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiey Nature
- Wide Guard
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum
- Protect
Starting off with the Diancie/Volcarona core i decided i wanted to build around a rage powder support volc set while also incoporating a semi-room element with the don that is Slowking :pimp:. Basically Volc sits there being the punching bag of the team while also threatening steels/grass mons with its stab and wisping physical attackers and redirecting letting Diancie and crew fire off powerful hits/ set up subs/ set trick room. The set is the standard set letting it live a Kanga return while ohkoing 252/72 Spd sassy amoong. Naturally having the rage power user i wanted to abuse the free turns and decided Sub Kyurem would be a good option setting up annoying large subs firing off hits on rotom and things weak to ice while taking on electrics for King/Azu. (I added a lil more speed than usual to outspeed jolly Loom btw.) To further support the synergy of the team i added in Slowking as it buffers/ takes on Water/Fighting/Steel/ all in one slot quite well with its great mixed defenses and brings speed control in Trick room, while also bringing clutch fire coverage outside of Volc which Azu and Diancie greatly appreciate. Aegislash was put on as a powerful abuser of TR while also bringing much needed wide guard support and fairy/steel check/counter as my team is completely grounded. Diancie is p straightforward hitting down both of the opponents mons with DStorm and hitting hard with Moonblast while also kinda mitigating the dark weakness on this team. Last but not least i added the classic MegaBus Azu which can set up with ease when Volc is paired next to it and can be used late game/early to weaken a team or sweep it. The cool thing about Slowking+Azu is it brings a sometimes unexpected factor with TR and when an opponent is trying to target down azu, slowking can set it up with no worries thanks to Oblivious and can hit problem mons down hard like Amoong/Bulky steels with fire blast and its stabs effectively letting a +6 Azu train through an opponents team yee

Team 2

Gothitelle @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 64 SpD / 192 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Protect

Volcarona @ Leftovers
EVs: 16 Def / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Trick

Ferrothorn @ Lum Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Krookodile @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Protect
This one is actually kind of weird. I started off with the Volcarona+Mega Diancie thing, making the cliche move of QD Volc and standard Mega Diancie.
I realized it's actually really weak to Rain and added Ferrothorn.
However, Ferrothorn doesn't really seem to cut it sometimes, and it can often actually die against rain because people overprepare for it so much. I realized that Ferrothorn really only takes down certain parts of Rain, and decided to add Gothitelle to make sure I can take apart the right things when I want to. Also, because of Gothitelle not really even being the bulkiest thing in the world, I felt that I might need to take down the Ludicolo+Politoed+electric+possibly the mega-part a little bit faster than people usually do so I went with a more offensive Ferrothorn. Getting up a free Swords Dance in front of things like Politoed and Mega Diancie is actually really fun, you even tend to pick up lots of random af KOs. It also worked as my best way to disintegrate Tailwind teams that would forever annoy Mega Diancie and Volcarona, because +2 STAB Gyro Balls against a doubled speed anything does a ton. This is a Mega Kangaskhan (which takes the same amount from Gyro Ball under Tailwind as it does not):
+2 8 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 309-364 (87.7 - 103.4%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
!!
SD Ferro just ensures that you are secure against Rain stuff. Also ensures that Ludicolo isn't gay enough to just take like 50% from a Power Whip and then do like 40% with Ice Beam thanks to THIS
+2 8 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 104 HP / 0 Def Ludicolo: 331-390 (101.2 - 119.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
I'm good I swear :x
I then decided to work on fulfilling my need to have some sort of Choiced Pokemon on 90% of my teams by adding Scarf Washtom. I thought Trickscarf would go great with TWave trapping and was not surprised when it was. It also helped with my matchup against Trick Room, as I could trick the scarf onto the setter and trap it, making sure it cannot do anything. Also, since almost all setters can't do much to Ferro and Scrafty/Mega Kangaskhan (the fake out user) are physical+can't hit Ferro that incredibly hard, I can just switch that in and SD :>. QD Volc also works here too tbh. Also it helps against Landorus-T and stuff :]]
Finally the team needed something to increase the threat of Ferrothorn, but I also wanted to cover up Volcarona's poor defense. Intimidate clearly worked to do both. I also wanted something to hit Heatran, Aegislash, and Bisharp, and so I picked Landorus-T. Because I didn't want to click X versus Aegislash I made it a Special Landorus-T to hit the WG ones, and made it Stone Edge. Then all of a sudden, Aegislash continued to win against my team, and I thought really hard about what I could do to fix the team without harming the center of the team, Gothitelle+Ferrothorn, and retaining the Mega Diancie+Volcarona thing. Bisharp also gave my life HELL over the entire course of a game purely because Landorus-T couldn't live a +1 Sucker Punch and I let Volcarona die too early. I thought about things that could fix it. I tried using a more utility oriented Rotom-Wash, but that didn't work nearly as well as I wanted so I switched that back. I eventually came to the conclusion that all I needed was to be able to hit Aegislash harder with the Landorus-T slot (and take less damage) and take more Sucker Punches from Bisharp, and something that I was messing around with earlier in Krookodile actually seemed to fit. It didn't need to run Mixed or full on Special to hit Aegislash, which I liked, and it could easily take a Sucker Punch from Bisharp at +1. It also retained the Intimidate that would assist Volcarona and Ferrothorn, making them far more threatening. Also I guess Knock Off+Shadow Tag is pretty fun ^_^.

Team 3

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Iron Head
- Follow Me
- Trick Room
- Helping Hand

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Protect

Gyarados @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Waterfall
- Double-Edge
- Ice Fang
- Facade

Volcarona @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 Def / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Def / 80 SpD
Brave Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Wide Guard
so i build this together with yoda i think :) we started off with diancie jirachi cos i never build with it before rachi is nice for redirecting grass or steel moves from diancie like mega metagross iron head or amoongus giga drain. then we chose hydreigon since it beats aegislash (the biggest thread to the core) as well as many other threats as sash bisharp or rotomw. it formes a really good core with diancie as well. the 3 mons look strong together but have one glaring weakness beeing choice scarf landorus-t. gyarados is a really nice switch in + provides intimidate (for example diancie can take one -1 eq from ladnorus t. next pick was volcarona as i formes a strong core with diancie, i wanted sth faster to hit more offensive teams, beats grass types. as last we put conkeldurr as every team wants sth to ohko mega kangascan, wide guard helps volcarona set up and sweep, after choosing as slower atacker we decided that if we run choice band bulky gyarados we can give jirachi trick room giving me nice semiroom option. :) also life orb mach punch puts landorust in +1 flamethrower range. timid hydreigon is super cool for outspeeding adamant kang (and ohko'ing it with draco after helping hand boost) and modest gardevoir, even opping hydre's

Team 4

Diancie @ Diancite
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect

Volcarona @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 160 HP / 16 Def / 148 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Atk / 84 Def
Brave Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Wide Guard
- Knock Off

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 116 SpA / 40 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Protect
This is my Diancie+Volc team which is probably pretty bad but I like it. Hydreigon probably wasn't the first mon I added I don't really remember but I chose to use an amazing Timid Specs Hydreigon as the rest of the team is pretty slow and this thing allows you to hit threats to Diancie like Heatran+Aegislash as we being able to OHKO most non bulky mons with Draco Meteor. After this the team is really rain weak so Ferrothorn helps alot with Rain and just water types in general. I'm just running the standard set here as it gets the job done well enough. Conkeldurr was added mostly for Wide Guard support for Volcarona and it checks Heatran and Terrakion so it is cool. Conkeldurr is just running max, max cause I don't know any good benchmarks and this works efficiently enough. Lastly Rotom-W was added to further check water types (not Ludicolo) and to hit Landorus and stuff. I am using Thunder Wave> Will-O-Wisp as thi steam has no speed control otherwise.

Team 5

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Volcarona @ Sitrus Berry
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Sableye @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Bold Nature
- Fake Out
- Will-O-Wisp
- Quash
- Taunt

Ferrothorn @ Lum Berry
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Protect

Zapdos @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 144 SpA / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Tailwind
- Light Screen
Just something I put together around the required core. Sableye is a greaaat addition to the core, Quash + Priority Will-O-Wisp is just something else with Volcarona, that can setup safely with Fake Out and boost its SpD with Quiver Dance, futher increasing WoW effectiveness. Taunt is needed to fuck Trick room and gimmicks up. Then I added Ferro + Zapdos to provide extra speed control, a way to check Rain and something to switch-in Charizard-Y, specially with Light Screen. They perform the same as Amoonguss + Thundurus but I believe my variations fit the main core better. The the last mon was Hydreigon because I needed a Fire switch-in that could beat Aegislash and switch-in Lando-T, Hydreigon was the obvious choice.

Team 6

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Brave Nature
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Volcarona @ Sitrus Berry
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Heat Wave
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Diancie @ Diancite
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Kyurem @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Glaciate
- Earth Power

Sableye @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Bold Nature
- Fake Out
- Will-O-Wisp
- Quash
- Taunt
Diancie and Volc have great spread spam, but Wide Guard Aegislash and Lando-T are really annoying. Sableye burns stuff, Quashes stuff and has Fake Out to buy some free turns for setting up / Rocks to be put up. Lando-I is the backup Steel killer, able to KO Aegislash in Shield form. Rocks Ferro annoys opposing volc, zard and burd and hits waters. Scarf Kyurem normal can provide nice speed control with Glaciate that actually does a fair bit of damage (Fuck qsns). Flash Cannon gets Diancie which is nice.

Team 7

Diancie @ Diancite
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Volcarona @ Sitrus Berry
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Protect

Gyarados @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 244 HP / 72 Atk / 168 Def / 24 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Detect
I talked about this team before for my DPOTW interview, and this is what I said for that:

"This is a team that I originally built for the lame ass shit tour that Blood Totem was hosting. It actually turned out to be a decent team. This team has a nice balance of bulky and hyper offense, and Volcarona + Diancie have awesome offensive synergy and serve as the main damage dealers. Deoxys-A and Hydreigon provide some nice offensive coverage. Aegislash and Gyarados both serve as offensive support with Wide Guard and Taunt. Definitely one of the most offensive teams I've ever built, but fun to play with. Yeah it's pretty simple and there's not much else to say."

tl;dr It's a super offensive team with a mix of bulky and frail attackers. I built this a while ago I don't remember much else.

Team 8

Diancie @ Diancite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

Weavile @ Life Orb
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Aegislash @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 104 Atk / 180 SpA / 224 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Protect

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Quick Guard
- Protect
I saw the core, Diancie Volc, and I just groaned: another boring core... but then I built a team anyway and it was actually loads of fun.

Teambuilding process went something like this:

ok fuck this defensive bullshit I'm not building a defensive team with diancie and volc on it. Diancie+Weavile is cool (weavile covers aegis has fake out good coverage and a roll to KO Landot with Fake Out and Shard) so is Volc+Fake Out (for easier setup and also because no one wants to protect up against a volc) so I added weavile.

Landot was looking annoying so to alleviate that I added keldeo, which also helps with heatran.

I wanted to round out the dragon fairy steel so I added Kyurem-Black (but an offensive life orb set because fuck this "im using substitute" garbage life orb kyube still checks rain and does actually respectable damage) and an Aegislash, which covers Trick Room/fighting types very well and also because I like Diancie+Kyube+Aegis as a core.

I'm running Shadow Sneak because ssneak is actually really good. I used to think it was shit then finally passed me a team with Aegislash with Shadow Sneak on it and it was really good and got use at least once/game when I used it myself. I don't like wide guard because it feels very passive and also means free subs for subtran almost 100% of the time unless you can predict your opp 5x in a row or something. STAB + a sneak nets kos on lots of things like Landot and Cresselia.

The Volcarona was originally choice scarf which I thought was a cool set for sniping landot but ehh it never seemed to do work and qd volc is just so good that I stuck with a more standard life orb QD set.

Overall, the team is an interesting (imo) take on building more offensively orientated Diancie+Volc that is held together by a strong Dragon Fairy Steel

Team 9

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Protect
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Substitute

Volcarona @ Sitrus Berry
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Heat Wave
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz/Giga Drain

Breloom (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 84 SpA / 68 SpD / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- Protect

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Gentle Nature
- Protect
- Follow Me
- Helping Hand/ Icy Wind
- Zen Headbutt
Obviously it is required to use Mega Diancie and Volcarona as a core, and I thought a Substitute (plus 2 STABS) Diancie would be dangerous if played right, and a basic QD Volcarona set. Heatran was trouble, so Breloom was to put stuff to sleep so Diancie could Sub or Volca could QD. Talonflame and Scarfed-Lando were large issues, and Rotom-Wash covered them and was a good switch-in to both of them, if Lando used STAB (it also helped with Heatran, Rock types, and Water Types. Lando for Intimidate and more help against Steels (Life Orb gave better damage output and I didn't need the speed); Knock Off was a good neutral move and was helpful with Sitrus Berries. Jirachi was used for redirection and extra speed control, esp. for Volca/Diancie, and Zen Headbutt for STA and, admittedly, flinches. This team mostly centers around dealing with Diancie/Volcarona checks/counters, or preventing damage on them with redirection, so that the duo can sweep or kill late-game.

Team 10

Volcarona @ Charcoal
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Protect
- Quiver Dance

Diancie @ Diancite
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Protect
- Earth Power
- Moonblast

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
EVs: 196 HP / 252 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Substitute

EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 SpA
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Protect
- Rage Powder

Quiet Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
I noticed a while ago that in theory, a strong fire beats almost every single Diancie check. I changed up the Volcarona set to Fire Blast Charcoal so that I could do things like OHKO Amoonguss at +0, OHKO Aegislash (and dodge gay-ass wide guard) at +0, and OHKO Landorus-T at +1, and generally just be strong as fuck even without a QD. Diancie is diancie.

The main things this core was afraid of were Talon, Rain, and Rock move users, which is basically all that the back 4 was meant to cover tbh.

Team 11

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Volcarona @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpA
Bold Nature
- Rage Powder
- Fiery Dance
- Roost
- Protect

Hippowdon @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Tail
- Ice Fang
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Gastrodon @ Expert Belt
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 180 HP / 108 Def / 212 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Recover
- Protect

Scrafty @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Torterra @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Wide Guard
- Leech Seed
- Protect
Its sand. The sand boost Diancies SpD by 50% while intimidate Scarfty lowers physical attacks; additionally Gastodon removes water threats. Volcarona with rage power handles incoming Grass and Steel attacks. The Torterra has wide guard to help against rockslide and earthquake.

Team 12

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Volcarona @ Sitrus Berry
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Tailwind
- Rage Powder
- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 104 SpA / 40 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 224 Atk / 60 SpA / 224 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power

EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

The Prince (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Drain Punch
- Protect
The team revolves around a core of Mega Diancie + Volcarona. Rotom-Wash has excellent defensive synergy with the two, as it counters Talonflame and checks both rain and Landorus-Therian. I added Kyurem-Black because he acted as a secondary check to rain and also as a fast revenge killer. To round out the Fairy/Dragon/Steel core I added Aegislash, who provided invaluable support in the form of Wide Guard. Finally, I threw Hoopa-Unbound on the team to nuke things under Tailwind, and help with my weakness to Aegislash.

I considered consolidating the roles of Kyurem and Hoopa into Hydregion and then adding Breloom for Tailwind Spore Spam, but decided against it because the decrease in offensive presence was noticeable.

The team should be played tactfully. Switch around to get better footing while chipping away at your opponent. Do not allow your bulkier attackers to get whittled down, especially Kyurem. Use your Tailwind turns to get off as much damage as possible.

EVs:
Standard Mixed Attacker Diancie;
Standard Rage Powder Volcarona;
Rotom outspeeds Landorus-T under Tailwind and KOs 44 HP variants, 252 HP for overall bulk, 40 SpD avoids 2HKO from Amoonguss Giga Drain 99.6% of the time, and the rest goes it defense;
Kyurem kills Rotom forms with Earth Power;
Aegislash outspeeds Mega Diance under Tailwind;
Standard(?) Hoppa-Unbound

Team 13

STANDARD MEGA DIANCIE

VOLCARONA: THIS SET LIVES A MEGA KANGASKHAN RETURN. IT ALSO OHKOS RELAXED AMOONGUSS. SINCE IT IS BULKY I WENT WITH FIRE BLAST OVER HEAT WAVE FOR MORE POWER. GIGA DRAIN BECAUSE BUG COVERAGE IS ASS. JUST FIRE BLAST PSYCHIC TYPES. MAYBE BUG BUZZ COULD BE GOOD THOUGH BECAUSE HOOPA COULD PUT WORK IN ON THIS TEAM. DON'T TRY TO SPAM QD'S WITH THIS. JUST TRY TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF FREE TURNS.

AEGISLASH: STANDARD WIDE GUARD AEGISLASH BECAUSE DIANCIE AND VOLC ARE REALLY WEAK TO COMMON SPREAD MOVES AND AEGI IS ALSO WEAK TO A SPREAD MOVE.

HYDREIGON: DRAGON AND DARK COVERAGE SUITS THIS TEAM. HAHA THIS HAS SUNNY DAY BECAUSE THE TEAM IS WEAK TO RAIN. SUCK IT.

DEO SPEED LOL: THIS IS SPECS DEO S. FOCUS BLAST KILLS KANG LIKE 93% OF THE TIME. ALSO HAS ICE BEAM. ALSO HAS TRICK BC LOL.

THUNDURUS IS STANDARD BULKY THUNDER WAVE AND TAUNT BECAUSE TRICK ROOM IS THE AIDS
Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Moonblast
- Protect

Volcarona @ Expert Belt
EVs: 96 HP / 144 Def / 84 SpA / 184 Spe
Bold Nature
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 7 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Sunny Day
- Protect

Deoxys-Speed @ Choice Specs
EVs: 84 HP / 252 SpA / 172 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Trick

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 24 SpA / 100 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

Team 14

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Volcarona @ Life Orb
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head

Aegislash @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 16 SpA / 128 SpD / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
Standard Mega Diancie paired with Quiver Dance Volcarona forms a potent offensive core. Fire Blast over Heat Wave for personal preference and power, and it also nabs the OHKOes on stuff like Amoonguss and Aegislash at +0. Giga Drain since better it's better coverage than Bug Buzz (Diancie Kills Dragon-types for you :P), with Life Orb guaranteeing Giga Drain always OHKOes Keldeo at +1 and that Fire Blast gets the KOes mentioned previously. Max Special Attack, with enough Speed for Adamant Landorus-T at +1 and +Speed natured base 80s (read: Hoopa-U) at +0, with the remaining EVs put into HP for overall bulk.

After many different iterations of this vital slot, from Swampert (pretty cool option, but the team never ended up feeling good enough IMO) to Jirachi (great for helping Volcarona boost up and beat Talonflame, but too weak to Aegislash and Heatran), I finally decided that Kyurem-B was the best Pokemon to add to the core next. Kyurem-B handles the massive rain weakness that the previous duo accumulate, while also being able to handle Landorus-T. Choice Scarf is used so that you can check Landorus-T offensively before it moves, which is pretty awesome in general, but in particular provides some free turns for Volcarona to Quiver Dance up where it couldn't otherwise. Fusion Bolt is also quite useful for quickly weakening opposing Water-types to help Mega Diancie and Volcarona sweep, or for preventing Azumarill from Belly Drumming up. Iron Head to hit the opposing Mega Diancie, which are very threatening to the team; however, Earth Power is still a viable option for beating Heatran if you feel comfortable enough against Diancie.

A common partner of both Volcarona and Kyurem-B for good reason, I added Aegislash next. Wide Guard is brilliant for making Landorus-T dead weight, and can even let Volcarona Quiver up on opposing Diancie to beat it the following turn. Aegislash itself can also switch into Mega Kangaskhan to prevent something from taking a hit, and is the teams most reliable check to opposing Mega Diancie as well. Safety Goggles lets Aegislash also switch safely into Amoonguss and assists in its role of dealing with Trick Room if it's set. An additional perk is the ability to beat a Mega Diancie + Amoonguss duos, which can definitely cause problems barring a Volcarona + Aegislash combination being out

At this point, the team needs something to OHKO Mega Kangaskhan, and another Water resist, so Keldeo quickly comes to mind. Keldeo also reliably beats Heatran, which can cause problems if it sets up a Substitute, which the previous three Pokemon can allow it to do in some cases. Quick Guard is used since the team already has Taunt on Thundurus (and this combo actually works very well against a Fake Out + Trick Room lead), and to let Volcarona avoid Talonflame's Brave Bird (while a +1 LO Fire Blast is actually a roll on 4 HP Talonflame from full lol).

Thundurus provides bulky utility, and most importantly, an Earthquake switch in lol. Bulky Thundurus so that it sticks around to provide necessary support, with standard spread and moveset. Thunder Wave and Taunt are invaluable for making sure speed control is in the teams favour, as its offensive nature can leave it vulnerable to strong attackers such as Mega Charizard-Y left freely under Tailwind.

Speaking of which, this team's sun match up still isn't the greatest, particularly if there's a Raichu on the team (>:[ check), but is definitely not unwinnable if played right. Overall, the team is quite solid, and s/o to anybody who actually bothered to read through all (or even any) of this :^].

Team 15

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 104 SpA / 52 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Protect

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 88 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Protect
- Follow Me
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
Basically an edited version of a team I've been using for about half a year now. M-Diancie is standard set, while Volc has LO to OHKO diancie checks before QD (and ignore aegi WG) while OHKOing basically everything that it hits for neutral after a QD. LO guarantees an OHKO on bulky thund with fire blast and keldeo with giga drain. Washtom helps deal with the lando weakness, while t-wave cripples rain mons. Hydreigon is standard with EP and works as a second heatran and aegi check, with the EVs generally focusing on bulk (more speed to win speedties works fine too). Added Gengar here as a kang check, TR check, and azu+amoong check, and jirachi works great as a redirector to help volc/diancie. Speed on jirachi is to outspeed neutral base 70s (don't need to worry about spore from breloom) and base 110 after icy wind.

To vote, please post the number of the team you are voting for!

Ending votes on Sunday GMT+1 Noon

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
With a one lead vote, Team 14 takes the week! The team is by Yoda2798 . The runner-up is Team 15, by Nido-rus. Congrats!

This week, we'll be having:

Talonflame + Bisharp. Double the priority, double the fun! These two pack the strongest priority hits in the metagame. They can put some dirty pressure on ya because they're fast. Landorus-T can't stop them either, since Defiant from Bisharp says no to that. Run wild.

Code:
<sprites>
[hide=Importable][/hide]
[hide=Description][/hide]
Nifty sprite converter: http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net/format.php - Just put in your importable and you'll get sprites. I'd prefer it if you guys set it to "sprites" to save me some important seconds, and name the hide tags as "Importable" and "Description" thanks :)!

Deadline on Friday, noon GMT+1

Solar System

Jupiter (Kangaskhan-Mega) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Inner Focus
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch

Mercury (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Protect

Neptune (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Protect

Mars (Talonflame) @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Saturn (Thundurus) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Protect

Venus (Aegislash) @ Safety Goggles
Modest Nature
- Wide Guard
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield

This is a hyper offensive team I built in XY and adapted to ORAS. The team is super standard so I won't really bother to explain how I built it but rather its synergy.

The team will only work if you're constantly able to keep the enemy on the backfoot because the entire squad is super squishy besides like Aegislash, it won't be too difficult to put the enemy on backfoot because of the tools I provide with the sets to support my damage dealers and provide a "sweep". Take for example SD Talonflame, using SD immediatly puts your opponent on the backfoot because you can just spam BB and get kills for free. If you can't keep up momentum you will lose, however becaue of the team's structure it won't be too hard to get back on track due to the insane amount of offensive pressure everything provides.
You should be using Thundurus and Aegislash as defensive pivots to get any of the damage dealers in, Wide Guard is great here because the team had weak Charizard-Y switch-ins and I wanted to force it to use Flamethrower/Overheat so I could get stuff in safely, it also provides protection from EQs and Rock Slides. The Talonflame set is interesting, it's a GREAT offensive tool vs everything because nobody expects it and you can just 2HKO or even OHKO entire teams with it, I'm running Leftovers because recoil is insane when you are outright murdering things from 100%.
LO Thundurus with Flash Cannon because fuck Diancie and fuck Charizard-Y.
Running Icy Wind Keldeo because everyone expects Quick Guard so it's kind of useless now. Hydro Pump on Keldeo over Scald to OHKO regular Diancie and put both Lando-T and Bulky Charizard-Y in range for BB in sun.

The team's worst matchup is by far sun, but you got Tflame and Thundurus to help with that and Bisharp will fuck up variants with Landorus-T. Against Char-Y + Venusaur leading Tflame + Thundurus/Kangaskhan is not a bad idea, against variants with Lando-T you'll want to lead with Bisharp. Don't give Char-Y any chances to spam his moves, as he can power through the team, specially with the support of a fast teammate.
Against rain or anything else it depends on what mons they have, specifically watchout for their bulky mons and pivots, because those are the ones you'll want to kill so you can just spam offensive moves and win. Watch out for CHALK though, as Kangaskhan can power through this team if given the opportunity.

hf with the team.

Last edited:

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
VGC LEGAL the team

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Protect

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Tailwind
- Protect

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Hyper Voice
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide

EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 104 SpA / 40 SpD / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Protect
- Spore

This is my Bisharp/Talonflame team which is kind of offensive. We have standard Sash Bisharp and Life Orb Talonflame to put alot of offensive pressure. I am using Tailwind on Talonflame because I don't have any other speed control on the rest of the team. Even though Bisharp and Talonflame have priority they don't really like Trick Room so I added Amoonguss which also helps check Rotom-W and Terrakion. For the mega I chose Gardevoir as the team lacked any spread moves which Gardevoir easily provides, I am using it over Diancie because I had some other teamates in mind (and to make it VGC legal). Next I added Choice Scarf Landorus-T as a way to help with fire-types that were running through my team like Charizard, Heatran and gave the team a bit more speed. I am using Stone Edge>U-Turn so I can more realibly OHKO Charizard. Lastly I felt that I was still a bit weak to fire types so I added Rotom-W which also has Levitate so you can Earthquake with Landorus-T. The Rotom spread allows you to outspeed Scarf Landorus-T in Tailwind.

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
the shekel winners

grandma spankins (Gardevoir-Mega) (M) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Ally Switch
- Protect

your local negro (Landorus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Rock Slide
- Focus Blast
- Protect

parsley special (Serperior) @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Protect

water horse (Suicune) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 188 SpD / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Tailwind
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Roar

lady pants (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Protect

inside job (Talonflame) @ Life Orb
Lonely Nature
- Brave Bird
- Overheat
- Taunt
- Protect

the team is built around gardevoir and landorus. landorus is great for gardevoir because it beats steels and charizard-y really well. serperior provides a spore switch-in and a way to beat water types, which landorus cant deal with. suicune is the team's talonflame counter, but it also provides speed control, which the core of gardevoir + landorus needs severely. bisharp benefits from the tailwind and is used to also beat fairies while also providing a secondary check to aegislash. it also gives the team a more effective way to threaten gyarados. talonflame is the local sun check. it also has taunt to stop opposing trick room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)